• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on October 14, 2016, 01:07:04 PM
I don't know what Bill did or did not do, but the guy is not running for office.  His wife is.  A wife should not be made to bear the sins of her husband, as Josephine Ferraro was.
Generally I agree with you unless the spouse was complicit in whatever crime or bad acts. In Hillary's case it does go to a matter of temperament and decision making that she choose a sexual harasser, possible rapist, as a husband then stuck with him, and even doubled down, by sticking with him or defending him. And goes to character if she, as some of his victims allege, helped cover the incidents up or even threatened them. Also, she makes statements that "all rape victims should be believed" but often denied claims about Bill. But perfectly willing to believe any allegation against Trump decades later some of which that weren't investigate, litigated, or mentioned until now by some of his alleged victims. Having said that Trump is looking more and more like I thought he would- a rich Hollywood, reality tv type with his sexist talk and possible actions. Still better than Hillary if just for not wanting an escalated Cold War proxy wars or even a new WWIII and on the border/"refugee" issues.

Quote from: theONE on October 14, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
That guy is making good sense.
Anorexic Dave Grohl? Nah.

analog kid

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on October 14, 2016, 02:27:28 PM
Anorexic Dave Grohl? Nah.

You have to admit, his mane is luscious.

Jackstar

Quote from: Segundus on October 14, 2016, 01:07:04 PM
but the guy is not running for office.  His wife is.

The wife has openly stated that she intends to delegate power to her husband. This doesn't seem like a fact that can be disregarded.

Izintit?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 14, 2016, 01:29:08 PM
Bill will be running the economy. Hillary said so.  You get two for the price of one.
Great. An island hopping rapist and George Soros` hag-bot.

analog kid

Quote from: Jackstar on October 14, 2016, 02:35:22 PM
The wife has openly stated that she intends to delegate power to her husband. This doesn't seem like a fact that can be disregarded.

"I've been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans"  --Donald Trump

Jackstar

This sentence is false.

norland2424

Quote from: analog kid on October 14, 2016, 02:41:52 PM
"I've been around for a long time and it just seems that the economy does better under the Democrats than the Republicans"  --Donald Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N211jJL_3Cs

Jackstar

Quote from: The TortoiseHey, Achilles, 'sup?

Lt.Uhura

Frankly I think we can all agree that Trump has been an asshole around women for years.  To what degree, as compared to other chauvinist pigs and cheating husbands is really just a distraction from the central issue of whether he's qualified and fit to be POTUS.

I'm reposting this from last night.  Unlike the splashy titillating headlines about Trump's sexual habits versus Bill's that have dominated the news (and forums such as BG), I think voters should be more concerned with this kind of serious scrutiny and grave concern from experts before electing the next President of the United States.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 14, 2016, 01:13:07 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/10-former-nuclear-launch-officers-sign-letter-trump-should-not-have-his-finger-on-the-button/2016/10/13/eef68fde-2468-4305-84d4-86033df53b3f_story.html

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 14, 2016, 03:29:49 PM
Frankly I think we can all agree that Trump has been an asshole around women for years.  To what degree, as compared to other chauvinist pigs and cheating husbands is really just a distraction from the central issue of whether he's qualified and fit to be POTUS.

I'm reposting this from last night.  Unlike the splashy titillating headlines about Trump's sexual habits versus Bill's that have dominated the news (and forums such as BG), I think voters should be more concerned with this kind of serious scrutiny and grave concern from experts before electing the next President of the United States.

Which is why I posted this on another thread.

Jill Stein: Trump Is Less Dangerous Than Clinton; She Will Start Nuclear War With Russia

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/12/jill_stein_hillary_clintons_declared_syria_policy_could_start_a_nuclear_war.html

Jackstar

Frankly I think we can all agree that Drumpf has been an asshole around women for years.  To what degree, as compared to other chauvinist pigs and cheating husbands is really just a distraction from the central issue of whether he's qualified and fit to be POTUS.

The standard of "qualified and fit to be POTUS" is demonstrably lower than you appear to be implying.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 14, 2016, 03:53:59 PM

Jill Stein: Trump Is Less Dangerous Than Clinton; She Will Start Nuclear War With Russia

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/12/jill_stein_hillary_clintons_declared_syria_policy_could_start_a_nuclear_war.html

I'm going to give more credence to the opinion of the nuclear launch officers over the campaign rhetoric of a minor party candidate.

Value Of Pi

This statement is very powerful -- and not just because it comes from people who understand well the subject compared to the average voter. It's also because the statement is a cold and calculated assessment of the risks of Trump being CIC, totally apart from all the emotional rhetoric that people fling around.

While people feel safe playing all kinds of mind games, these guys were chosen for their jobs precisely because they didn't play those kinds of games and were focused 100% on the cold, hard reality of what was at stake in the nuclear world. That's what happens when responsible people hold the fate of the world in their hands, as launch officers do. That's why their statement matters a lot.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 14, 2016, 03:53:59 PM

If you had ever listened to Jill Stein speak for more than ten minutes, I doubt you would want to counter what former nuclear launch officers have said with one of her quotes. She may be a decent doctor, but politically, she's a nut.

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 14, 2016, 04:06:54 PM
I'm going to give more credence to the opinion of the nuclear launch officers

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 14, 2016, 04:28:32 PM
This statement is very powerful -- and not just because it comes from people who understand well the subject compared to the average voter.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 14, 2016, 04:35:52 PM
If you had ever listened to Jill Stein speak for more than ten minutes, I doubt you would want to counter what former nuclear launch officers have said with one of her quotes. She may be a decent doctor, but politically, she's a nut.

I can't argue with that.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 14, 2016, 04:06:54 PM
I'm going to give more credence to the opinion of the nuclear launch officers over the campaign rhetoric of a minor party candidate.

I agree.  I just like to pile the shit on Hillary Clinton. lol

Lt.Uhura

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/12/17/what-is-nuclear-triad-debate-sot.cnn

"Little Marco" schooling Donald on nuclear triad.  Clearly, Trump's on-the-spot bullshiting in lieu of a strong knowledge base of vital govenmental policies and procedures is a yuuuuge red flag. But hey, no worries, he can learn on the job--within 24 hours after taking office.

“I mean, there may be one that studied it because they’re expecting a fresh question from you. But believe me, it won’t matter. I will know far more than you know within 24 hours after I get the job,” Mr. Trump said.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/09/03/donald-trump-flunks-foreign-policy-test-says-hell-learn-on-the-job/

analog kid

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 14, 2016, 04:57:11 PM
http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/12/17/what-is-nuclear-triad-debate-sot.cnn

"Little Marco" schooling Donald on nuclear triad.  Clearly, Trump's on-the-spot bullshiting in lieu of a strong knowledge base of vital govenmental policies and procedures is a yuuuuge red flag. But hey, no worries, he can learn on the job--within 24 hours after taking office.

“I mean, there may be one that studied it because they’re expecting a fresh question from you. But believe me, it won’t matter. I will know far more than you know within 24 hours after I get the job,” Mr. Trump said.

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/09/03/donald-trump-flunks-foreign-policy-test-says-hell-learn-on-the-job/

He knows more than the generals and he consults his own brain, because he watches TV.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 14, 2016, 04:45:52 PM
I agree.  I just like to pile the shit on Hillary Clinton. lol

That's fine for BellGab, but if on Nov 8 voters can't distinguish between the reality tv we've been living with during this election and realities like those stated by these launch officers, we're in big trouble.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 14, 2016, 04:57:11 PM

Within 24 hours? He doesn't read now and all of a sudden he's going to start speed reading.

analog kid

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 14, 2016, 05:03:54 PM
Within 24 hours? He doesn't read now and all of a sudden he's going to start speed reading.

Lots of cocaine and adderall.

Jackstar

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 14, 2016, 05:03:54 PM

That worked for the Patriot Act. Now you're bitching?

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Value Of Pi on October 14, 2016, 04:59:32 PM
That's fine for BellGab, but if on Nov 8 voters can't distinguish between the reality tv we've been living with during this election and realities like those stated by these launch officers, we're in big trouble.

DING!

theONE

WHY I'M GETTING ADS on BellGab with sites telling me how to clear my CRIMINAL RECORD .... WTF ??

[attachment deleted by admin]

onan

Quote from: theONE on October 14, 2016, 05:21:10 PM
WHY I'M GETTING ADDS on BellGab with sites telling me how to clear my CRIMINAL RECORD .... WTF ??

Bellgab makes everything sexy.

mikuthing01

omg a racist nazi grabbed a Trump protester and put him in a headlock at a Trump rally

https://twitter.com/hollybdc/status/787007524708941824

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on October 14, 2016, 01:55:25 AM
I understand that placing rats in beds was one of the ways Trump tried to silence his victims.  (Satire alert)

When you have to announce that what you're doing is satire something has gone horribly wrong.