• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 29, 2017, 07:54:14 AM
How can it add billions to the deficit?  This is a liberal argument, much like "How are we going to pay for tax cuts?" as if all money belongs to the government to begin with.

The uber rich, like you just demonstrated with the Waltons set up trusts to circumvent the death taxes. Most normal people cannot afford that.

If you take a family farm of a few hundred acres and the machinery needed to work it, the valuation of that estate may be over $10million but none of that is in liquid assets. The estate tax cause the sale of the family farm just to pay the taxes.

The same with mom and pop businesses that may own a building or three and maintain a sizeable inventory. Again, no liquid assets but unless they have the buildings highly leveraged, the valuation may be over $10 million.

I do not favor a death tax, but if you want to snag the uber rich, set the limit at $200 million. That should keep family farms and mom and pop businesses out of the sights for another generation until inflation catches up.

In response to TL I would also add that Trump's aim is to lower the corporate tax rate to encourage businesses to stay or to move (or move back) here, eliminate the loopholes so that they can't escape paying their fair share and simplify the code and forms and make it more transparent. How can you be against those things?!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 08:15:10 AM
Do they have estate taxes in Russia?  I would expect an FSB disinformation officer like you to be able to answer that.

Here's a communist arguing that constitutionalists are really FSB agents. Hilarious! Russia's not communist anymore but you wish they still were.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_-TlqdIvM

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2017, 12:36:45 PM
In response to TL I would also add that Trump's aim is to lower the corporate tax rate to encourage businesses to stay or to move (or move back) here, eliminate the loopholes so that they can't escape paying their fair share and simplify the code and forms and make it more transparent. How can you be against those things?!

Thirty plus year old trickle down theory. Been proven time and again not to work. It's the same idea HW Bush called "voodoo economics". Both Reagan ( Reaganomics) and W. tried it. The deficit massively ballooned both times

Besides, how are corporate tax and estate/death tax the same thing? They're not

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 08:29:29 AM
I'm aware. Paul Singer, The Koch Brothers, Sheldon Adelson... aren't going to give 99% of their estates to charity.

Not enough for you?  ???

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2017, 12:42:26 PM
Here's a communist arguing that constitutionalists are really FSB agents. Hilarious! Russia's not communist anymore but you wish they still were.  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_-TlqdIvM

Well duh, why do you think the Demokkkrat party has targeted the Russians now? 40 years of Cold War and nothing. Now that Russia is no longer Communist? Ooooo they're bad. The Demokkkrats ultimate goal is communism. Always has been.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 29, 2017, 08:43:55 AM
My original point was to make sure people like Doc know they are not paying any tax - death or estate - on a measly couple hundred thousand dollars. That it only affects multimillionaires like you not middle class shlubs like Doc and me

Again, I was speaking generally and my point was that no matter how much money the government didn't earn it and really has no right to it. It's straight up theft but the government tends to do that a lot, if we let them.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on September 29, 2017, 12:43:15 PM
Thirty plus year old trickle down theory. Been proven time and again not to work. It's the same idea HW Bush called "voodoo economics". Both Reagan ( Reaganomics) and W. tried it. The deficit massively ballooned both times

It's not trickle down. It benefits and promotes a middle class, which is the ultimate engine of any economy. The rich tend to save (which is why we tax their capital gains rather than steal from their estate when they die) and the poor don't have much money to spend. Without a healthy middle class there is no movement, no economy and this is precisely the plan the elites have been following for the past 30 years. I'm ready for some real prosperity again.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Reagan was right, Bush was wrong and evil. Things got better under Reagan and worse (much) under Bush. NEVER allow a former intelligence officer to become president because then you get someone like Putin, right?  :D

Why does the government have claim to a person's assets when they die?  Is the asumption the government ultimately owns everything, and they just let us hold on to some of what we create and produce for awhile, then it reverts back to them?  That must be the assumption, right?

As far as Reagan's economic policies, if they ''didn't work'', how does one explain the 25 year expansion (1982-2007, with a few very minor business cycle downturns), responsible for the technology created and the wealth created for the middle class unprecedented in the history of the world?  Advanced technology in computer power, the digital world, communications, pharmaceuticals, and entertainment?  And full employment with low interest rates, low inflation?  How does a person just ''overlook this''?  If a Democrat had put all that in motion, people like ''Tiger Lilly'' sure as hell wouldn't be describing it as a ''failure'' and trashing the person responsible.

As far as the deficits, that's unrelated.  Unprecedented spending and waste was the price the Democrats in Congress extracted from Reagan for going along with his economic agenda and foreign policy.  As usual, they were willing to put their Party ahead of the good of the nation when it came to passing successful and necessary legislation.  They are responsible for the deficits, not Reagan. 

If I recall correctly (and I do), they announced his budgets were ''dead on arrival'' each year, drafted their own wasteful bloated budgets instead, insisted he sign them, and when he hesitated they accused him of ''shutting down the government''.  The fact is, the federal government collected twice as much in tax revenue at the end of Reagan's term than it did at the beginning, and the Democrat Congress spent all of that increase, and more.  It wasn't until the Gingrich Congress that a balanced budget was forced on Clinton - which he later took credit for

And the Bush family, the people creating the fake term ''voodoo economics'' - Junior and his RINO cronies in Congress were the ones who finally put an end to the Reagan expansion by 2008.  With Obama finishing it off for good.

Swishypants

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 29, 2017, 01:22:25 PM...were the ones who finally put an end to the Reagan expansion by 2008.  With Obama finishing it off for good.

BANG ON! At this point in time, we are so far into this/out from that, it's best to just do nothing and let the average workers boil over with hatred and aggression. Government can't fix it. Only chaos, and synchronicity will play. It is average people's fault it got this bad anyway. They were lazy fucks and let it go on. They fucked themselves!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on September 29, 2017, 10:43:16 AM
Finally! Mueller, the dumpster media, and the lemmings, have proof of Russian influence over fake news and the election!

What that you say? Choo choo

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on September 28, 2017, 01:22:13 PM
Why on earth do you spend such a huge chunk of your daily life on an impassioned mission to bash the Democratic party? What's in it for you? You can't be foolish enough to think that politicians are as devoted to party lines as you are.

Trump himself was a Democrat until he saw an opportunity for advancement as a Republican. His own lawyer, Michael Cohen was a registered Democrat until March of this year. These guys could care less about party affiliation. While you and other lemmings wage war on "Leftists", Trump and his cronies laugh all the way to the bank. Their party is one of greed and opportunity, and has nothing to do with the abstract moral ideology you imagine. FFS, wake up P Boy!

I'm registered as an independent.  I despise what the Republican's have become. 

But the Democrats?  With their ongoing endless race baiting.  Their turn from dumb but mostly well meaning Liberals to America-hating ''Progressives''.  All those years of bloated budgets and deficit spending, all those years siding with the Soviets on our weapons programs, all those years of supporting Marxist terrorists in the third world, all those years opposing our economic system of free exchange and property rights at home, and liberty and freedom abroad.  All those years of putting their party before the good of the American people. 

That was all bad enough.  Now they politicize everything, attack everything about this country.  It's clear they hate our country, our history, our culture, our form of government, our economic system, our institutions, and our people.  They've created little fascist agitation groups, one after another as each in turn wears out their welcome -  Acorn, Solidarity International, Black Block, Occupy Wall St, Black Lives Matter, and now Antifa.  All funded and supported by the Democrat Party, who tell us burning cars, blocking roads and bridges, attacking police, occupying and vandalizing our downtowns, preventing speakers from speaking - Democrats telling us this is all normal ''protest'  and the price we pay for democracy.

And don't forget their toadies in ademia, Hollywood, and the pretend media, always looking for ways to attack the country.

They've given us the intentionally destructive, intentionally divisive Berock Obama, and tried to give us the most dishonest, most corrupt person in the history of this country as his successor.  Now they are doing everything they can to derail the agenda Trump ran on that is supported by a majority of Americans, and they don't mind heaping accusations of treason - with zero evience - on a sitting president to do so.  They are beyond dispicable

Yeah, gee, why would anyone have a problem with any of that?  I get though why you don't want any of it pointed out.

Yorkshire pud

As far as any tax revision is concerned it might be better to sit back and wait and see what is actually passed; What it will mean to everyone (across the income divide); What is promised and a few years down the line the reality. My wager is it will increase the gap between rich and poor, and have very little change for the 'middle class'; That in itself is the irony in the classless society that is the REPUBLIC of America.  ;D. France has a republic too.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 29, 2017, 01:49:11 PM
As far as any tax revision is concerned it might be better to sit back and wait and see what is actually passed; What it will mean to everyone (across the income divide); What is promised and a few years down the line the reality. My wager is it will increase the gap between rich and poor, and have very little change for the 'middle class'; That in itself is the irony in the classless society that is the REPUBLIC of America.  ;D. France has a republic too.

It's up to the government to ensure everyone has equal opportunity.  That's it.  And we have more opportunity in this country than anywhere else ever has. 

If a person wants to skip school and drop out, if they don't want to get up and go to work every day, if they don't want to make themselves employable, or develope job skills that lead to a better job, that should be on them.  I can't think of any reason any of the rest of us should support that in any way.

People should be encouraged.  People should be pointed in the right direction.  If their families or private charities want to support these people - with or without strings - that's fine, but the rest of us shouldn't be forced to.

Instead of ''jobs Americans won't do'', these are the people who should be doing them - in lieu of starvation.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: 136 or 142 on September 29, 2017, 11:38:18 AM
Admit what?  You're not even a real medical doctor!
Ok, that was fucking funny. (alliteration for the lady as well, nice one tiger). Top right nomination? As you were. Yay team, which ever one you are on.  :P

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 29, 2017, 01:56:04 PM
Ok, that was fucking funny. (alliteration for the lady as well, nice one tiger). Top right nomination? As you were. Yay team, which ever one you are on.  :P

You're applauding the communist. Once again, you prove how you're NOT a libertarian.   ::)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2017, 12:59:50 PM
It's not trickle down. It benefits and promotes a middle class, which is the ultimate engine of any economy. The rich tend to save (which is why we tax their capital gains rather than steal from their estate when they die) and the poor don't have much money to spend. Without a healthy middle class there is no movement, no economy and this is precisely the plan the elites have been following for the past 30 years. I'm ready for some real prosperity again.  ;)

Well-said, grasshopper.  You are learning.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2017, 01:02:12 PM
Reagan was right, Bush was wrong and evil. Things got better under Reagan and worse (much) under Bush. NEVER allow a former intelligence officer to become president because then you get someone like Putin, right?  :D

Right again!  I'm getting tingly all over. ;D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 29, 2017, 02:05:58 PM
You're applauding the communist. Once again, you prove how you're NOT a libertarian.   ::)

Even communists can be funny every once in a while. :D ;)  ponyboysunset is cool. I see no reason to give her a hard time just retort back with another funny comment like I'm not a doctor but I play one on Bellgab.

Yorkshire pud

Meanwhile, while Trump is tweeting how 'unfair' the press is treating him and self congratulating himself about how 'tremendous' he's dealing with Puerto Rico, the mayor of Puerto Rico has just been on TV begging for help because the people there are dying. Still, as long as he feels alright and saying its a 'good news story' that's all that matters. Shameful pos.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 29, 2017, 02:13:13 PM
Meanwhile, while Trump is tweeting how 'unfair' the press is treating him and self congratulating himself about how 'tremendous' he's dealing with Puerto Rico, the mayor of Puerto Rico has just been on TV begging for help because the people there are dying. Still, as long as he feels alright and saying its a 'good news story' that's all that matters. Shameful pos.

Trump was installed to stop the infiltration of out-of-control European influence. He's a mobster and has most of his capital tied up in CONUS assets. He's just a place holder so internal assets can quietly take out the garbage through soft-kills and accidents.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 29, 2017, 01:49:11 PM

Normally in a republic, a crime is committed, a suspect is found, an investigation is carried out, and the accused goes before an impartial judge and jury who then go through the evidence.  The key point being a definable crime is committed before the rest is pursued -  rather than verdict first, with the rest to be filled in later.

Since you cannot tell us the specifics of the ''interference in the election'' the Russions are supposed to have done, or Trump's role in it, but have already determined that not only was a crime committed but Trump is guilty, you're not exactly the best person to be lecturing on ''America'', or the ideals of being a Republic.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 29, 2017, 02:13:13 PM

Pud, pud, pud.  For shame!

Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosello said Friday morning that he is pleased with the Trump administration’s response to Hurricane Maria despite criticism from the media and Democrats.

Brock Long, has been on the phone virtually all the time with me, checking out how things are going,” Rosello told CNN’s Chris Cuomo.

Cuomo initially tried to bait Rosello into bashing Trump’s response, telling him, “the president points to you as someone who is providing proof that the effort on the ground is great…and you know that there is a stark contrast between the word ‘great’ and the conditions many of your people are living in.”

“How do you explain these two versions of reality?” Cuomo asked Rosello.

However, Rosello’s positive response to the administration’s efforts to help Puerto Rico blew up Cuomo’s narrative, as Rosello explained that it is possible for the recovery to be slow even while the government pours in many resources.

“Within the limitations, everyone has all hands on deck,” he said.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/29/gov-of-puerto-rico-praises-federal-response-to-hurricane-video/

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 02:12:51 PM
Even communists can be funny every once in a while. :D ;)  ponyboysunset is cool. I see no reason to give her a hard time just retort back with another funny comment like I'm not a doctor but I play one on Bellgab.

I don't think so 21st. She's also taken issue with me several times over the use of the word faggot even after repeatedly explaining to her that I wasn't using it as a gay slur. She's not a libertarian as she so often claims but just a straight up SJW and therefore most likely a Democrat just fucking with people.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on September 29, 2017, 02:16:46 PM
Normally in a republic, a crime is committed, a suspect is found, an investigation is carried out, and the accused goes before an impartial judge and jurt who go through the evidence.  The key point being a definable crime is committed before the rest is pursued -  rather than verdict first, the rest to be filled in later.

Since you cannot tell us the specifics of the ''interference in the election'' the Russions are supposed to have done, or Trump's role in it, but have already determined that not only was a crime committed but Trump is guilty, you're not exactly the best person to be lecturing on ''Anerica'', or it's ideals of being a Republic.

My name isn't Bob Mueller.. and what has that to do with tax? Oh wait, one way. Trump hasn't released his tax returns so bascally we only have his word for it that he won't gain from tax reform. But I'm sure he wouldn't lie about that......

Swishypants

For the record I'll say anything that makes people mad. I use faggot as a slur mostly, but occasionally as an outdated "bro-ism."  And yes, I use it in public. I have no need for employment now so I'm financially secure, and I'm still in good shape and have no issue putting a forearm on the back of someone's neck until they pass out. It doesn't leave a bruise either so all I need is no camera's around and I'm good to go.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 29, 2017, 02:17:11 PM
Pud, pud, pud.  For shame!

Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rosello said Friday morning that he is pleased with the Trump administration’s response to Hurricane Maria despite criticism from the media and Democrats.

The mayor of the capital has just been on TV begging for help for the islanders. Is she making it up? The trucks without drivers can't go anywhere because there's no fuel to use them.

No-one is blaming FEMA for not doing enough, but someone higher up isn't co-ordinating it.

On Friday, Mayor of San Juan Carmen Yulín Cruz did not contain her disgust and incredulity at the Acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke's statement to CNN that the Trump administration's emergency response to Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico is a "good news story."

Mayor Cruz countered Duke's statement with an impassioned plea that should amount to a reality check for the Trump administration about the "life or death story" in the cities and towns of Puerto Rico.

"Dammit, this is not a good news story," said Cruz, in an interview with CNN. "This is a people are dying story. This is a life or death story."

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 29, 2017, 02:22:40 PM
The mayor of the capital has just been on TV begging for help for the islanders. Is she making it up? The trucks without drivers can't go anywhere because there's no fuel to use them.

No-one is blaming FEMA for not doing enough, but someone higher up isn't co-ordinating it.

Maybe the mayor is in over her head and panicking.  I'll stick to what the governor said.  It takes time to get supplies to an island.  We don't have transporters yet.