• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Taaroa

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 30, 2017, 11:56:53 PM
Maybe because the shit is hitting the fan too fast? and maybe(? even) someone reminded him he has children who will have to bear the brunt of his infamy? He is good as cooked now (you do understand that, yes?).
I can't imagine him - or anyone really - stepping down willingly in their first few months of office, let alone someone who emblazons their name on every possible in existence à la Hello Kitty.

Meister_000

Quote from: Taaroa on March 31, 2017, 12:08:02 AM
I can't imagine him - or anyone really - stepping down willingly in their first few months of office, let alone someone who emblazons their name on every possible in existence à la Hello Kitty.

I never said _I_  think he's going to either, just yet (if ever).

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 31, 2017, 12:41:16 AM
I never said _I_  think he's going to either, just yet (if ever).

tedious. ::)

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 31, 2017, 12:42:29 AM
tedious. ::)

Go watch that vid of today's hearing I took pains to provide -- count it as the one and only vid of any value you've seen  the whole past year.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 30, 2017, 07:50:01 PM
CNN senior political analyst David Gergen reacted to the report that General Michael Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity by saying, “The clouds are darkening over the White House tonight.”   :D

This is just so weird. So Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity for lying to Congress. Not to point out the obvious, but why would the testimony of a liar be of any value? He's not credible.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 31, 2017, 01:48:17 AM
This is just so weird. So Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity for lying to Congress. Not to point out the obvious, but why would the testimony of a liar be of any value? He's not credible.

Sounds like someone's getting worried.  :D

Lt.Uhura

I can't even follow this Nunes fellow's story.

Everything about Trump's presidency is insane. It's a convoluted three-ring circus and Trump is the deranged Master of Ceremonies. His voters were hoping he'd bring a change from the DC politics as usual. He brought a change alright. From his reckless middle of the night Tweets, his WH staff insinuated by family members and assorted freaks. He doesn't even have a cabinet to speak of. Besides his photo ops while signing executive orders, what the hell has he done? Golfing every weekend, running off to Florida, fending off lawsuits and investigations. He attracts chaos and disruption. Evidently a number of Rs in the Senate aren't even speaking to one another now. If he was installed to destroy the Rs from within, it looks like he's on course to do just that.

Meister_000

He could still voluntarily lead them to something or someone that is credible or "connective" and later verifiable independantly from himself -- all in hopes of saving his own hide. Part of it is probably "procedural" lawyerly stuff, knowing the inevitable is approaching.

Meister_000

Good one from Congressman Ted Lieu:
"Dear @realDonaldTrump: If Russian collusion is fake news, why is Mike Flynn ASKING FOR IMMUNITY?"

Meister_000

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 30, 2017, 09:10:55 PM
Senate Intelligence Committee Hearing
On Russian and the 2016 Elections (generally)

MARCH 30, 2017
Part One = morning session
approx 2:40 hrs long

Hearing Title: "Disinformation: A Primer in Russian Active Measures and Influence Campaigns".

Two panels (one morning, one afternoon) will provide a foundational understanding of Russian active measures and information operations campaigns:
- The First panel will examine the history and characteristics of those campaigns;
- the Second panel will examine the role and capabilities of cyber operations in support of these activities.

Expert Witnesses:

Panel One (morning)

Roy Godson
Professor of Government Emeritus at Georgetown University. From 1993-2015, he also served as President of the National Strategy Information Center.

Eugene Rumer
Director of Russia and Eurasia Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. He previously served as the National Intelligence Officer for Russia and Eurasia from 2010-2014.

Clint Watts
Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy Research Institute Program on National Security

Part One
[perma @ CSPAN]
https://www.c-span.org/video/?426227-1/senate-intelligence-panel-warned-russians-play-sides ]

Part One on Youtube
(morning session, approx 2 hrs 40,
bump to start at:
- 17min mark for Chair Opening + witness intros (their backgrounds)
- 34min mark, actual Testimony begins with Godson)

https://youtu.be/DBf7rEF-Iqo

MARCH 30, 2017 ~ Part Two = afternoon session
approx 70min long

Part 2 (afternoon session) Russian Interference in 2016 Election

The Second panel will examine the role and capabilities of cyber operations in support of these activities.

Expert Witnesses:

- Keith Alexander
Former Obama administration U.S. Cyber Command Commander testifies, and
- two other cyber experts

Part Two
[perma @ CSPAN]
https://www.c-span.org/video/?426227-101/senator-rubio-confirms-campaign-staff-targeted-russian-hackers ]

Part Two on Youtube
(afternoon session, approx 70 mins)

https://youtu.be/9C0ZEIuYds0

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 30, 2017, 11:28:13 PM

The lie in this particular narrative is the claim by the Ds and the Fake Media that Trump wasn't being spied on by the Obama Administration, and that he made it all up.  You yourself spent a good deal of time helping them spread their lie, without a shred of actual evidence or information about it at all.  Now that's been debunked, aren't you supposed to quietly move on to the next Fake Accusation?

Sigh: One last time. I'm not spreading any lie, but Flynn clearly has a blue touch paper up his ass and unless he pleads the fifth (I think more than likely) he'll sing like a canary. That's if he isn't got at first.

This was Trump today. Still being a teenager. ::)

"Mike Flynn should ask for immunity in that this is a witch hunt (excuse for big election loss), by media & Dems, of historic proportion!" Trump tweeted.

The sad thing is, he probably believes it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 30, 2017, 08:41:22 PM
Well, Flynn isn't here for me to ask.  Since you posted it, I was asking you.  Let's try again:

Do you believe that requesting immunity to testify in a politically charged witch hunt is an admission of guilt - yes or no?

Since you tend not to answer, let me answer for you:  Yes, Pud believes this is the case when it's someone he's opposed to;  No, he doesn't believe this is the case when it's someone the Fake News Media tells him to side with.

Flynn said last september 16th. Video was posted a few pages back. I don't thnk someone asking for immunity is neccessarilly guilty of a crime; but it is hypocritical and pretty funny that Flynn is doing so after his comments.

Lilith

Russia should just cut it out.  No other countries would ever do this stuff.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: brig on March 31, 2017, 08:40:16 AM
Russia should just cut it out.  No other countries would ever do this stuff.

Brig; you tell em girl. Putin will be overcome with contrition and guilt if you write and tell him to knock it off.

Gd5150

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 30, 2017, 07:50:01 PM
CNN senior political analyst David Gergen reacted to the report that General Michael Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity by saying, “The clouds are darkening over the White House tonight.”   :D

"CNN"? Lol!!!
"David Gergen"? Lmao!!!

;D ;D ;D

Lilith

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 31, 2017, 08:57:51 AM
Brig; you tell em girl. Putin will be overcome with contrition and guilt if you write and tell him to knock it off.

I'm sure Putin is a bellgabber, and will see my post.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Gd5150 on March 31, 2017, 09:00:31 AM
"CNN"? Lol!!!
"David Gergen"? Lmao!!!

;D ;D ;D

So Flynn has no reason to ask for immunity if he testifies? You'd better tell his lawyer. He needs to know.

Kidnostad3

This is just so weird. So Flynn has offered to testify in exchange for immunity for lying to Congress. Not to point out the obvious, but why would the testimony of a liar be of any valued Hilliary? He's not credible.

Five Clinton aides testified under a grant of immunity that was sought by them as a precondition.  But then you knew that didn't you.  You seem to value honesty but you say nothing about Hilliary lying under oath which seems to be a family trait in that her husband was fined and disbarred for that very thing.  You also remain silent on Donna Brazil's confession that she did indeed provide Hilliary with debate questions in advance.  This is the lady that on nationwide television prefaced her denial with "As a Christian lady, I am used to persecution.  (I thought for a moment that we were going to be treated to stories about the KKK and her Share Cropper Daddy.).

Your points fall flat because of your colossal hypocrisy in ignoring the wrong doing of your fellow travelers while excoriating anyone on the right over their statements and policies and have them in handcuffs at the merest suggestion that they may have done something wrong.  All this applies to the other obsessive compulsive and intellectually dishonest lefties posting here.

OBTW, we're still waiting for you to cite something you disagreed with Obama about.  This is another one of those questions that you refuse to answer and has been dangling for some time.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/23/the-immunized-five-meet-the-people-covering-for-hillary/

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 31, 2017, 09:09:00 AM
Five Clinton aides testified under a grant of immunity that was sought by them as a precondition.  But then you knew that didn't you.  You seem to value honesty but you say nothing about Hilliary lying under oath which seems to be a family trait in that her husband was fined and disbarred for that very thing.  You also remain silent on Donna Brazil's confession that she did indeed provide Hilliary with debate questions in advance.  This is the lady that on nationwide television prefaced her denial with "As a Christian lady, I am used to persecution.  (I thought for a moment that we were going to be treated to stories about the KKK and her Share Cropper Daddy.).

Your points fall flat because of your colossal hypocrisy in ignoring the wrong doing of your fellow travelers while excoriating anyone on the right over their statements and policies and have them in handcuffs at the merest suggestion that they may have done something wrong.  All this applies to the other obsessive compulsive and intellectually dishonest lefties posting here.

OBTW, we're still waiting for you to cite something you disagreed with Obama about.  This is another one of those questions that you refuse to answer and has been dangling for some time.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/23/the-immunized-five-meet-the-people-covering-for-hillary/

Only it isn't Clnton the Senate is investigating.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 31, 2017, 09:09:00 AM

Your points fall flat because of your colossal hypocrisy in ignoring the wrong doing of your fellow travelers while excoriating anyone on the right over their statements and policies and have them in handcuffs at the merest suggestion that they may have done something wrong...

The Libs think they are informed because they pay attention to current events through the media, and so many of their family, friends, and colleagues don't.  They trust what they hear from Big Media for the most part.  They like what they hear from the Democrats on a variety of issues - and that is reinforced by how the Ds are portrayed in the media. 

If someone believes they are informed because they follow the media, are predisposed to believe what they hear in the media, trust the Democrats, and think about only that day's headlines, then they aren't going to notice that what the media has to say about a set of facts applying to the Left one day is the complete opposite of what they say about the same set of facts on a different day when they apply to a Republican.

Hilary's aides seeking immunity before Congress is portrayed in the media as very reasonable.  On a different day Flynn seeking immunity to testify before Congress is an admission of guilt.  A Democrat caught in a lie or some corrupt activity ''made a mistake'', or didn't actually lie, or something.  On a different day a Republican merely accused of lying is a threat to our democracy. 

When there is a dispute over the budget and the Rs hold the WH and the Ds have the Congress - the president is ''shutting down the government''.  A few years later, when there is a budget dispute and the Ds hold the WH and the Rs have the Congress - it's the Congress ''shutting down the government''.  And each time the articles and editorials are written using selected facts that of course supports those positions. 

Each time, the Libs are fed exactly what they want to believe from the media.  It doesn't occur to them to ask any further questions or think about last time, when it was just the opposite.  They never take a step back to see things from a longer term perspective.  Why would they.  They never see the manipulation and dishonesty.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 31, 2017, 09:10:09 AM
Only it isn't Clnton the Senate is investigating.

I understand that.  I am pointing out the god-awful intellectual dishonesty on the part of Trump haters that this thread frequently suffers from. 

TigerLily

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 31, 2017, 05:38:45 AM

MARCH 30, 2017 ~ Part Two = afternoon session
approx 70min long

Part 2 (afternoon session) Russian Interference in 2016 Election

The Second panel will examine the role and capabilities of cyber operations in support of these activities.

Expert Witnesses:

- Keith Alexander
Former Obama administration U.S. Cyber Command Commander testifies, and
- two other cyber experts

Part Two
[perma @ CSPAN]
https://www.c-span.org/video/?426227-101/senator-rubio-confirms-campaign-staff-targeted-russian-hackers ]

Part Two on Youtube
(afternoon session, approx 70 mins)

https://youtu.be/9C0ZEIuYds0

Hey. This is Starr's job  >:(  Wonder why she missed these  ;)

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 31, 2017, 08:57:51 AM

You take Russia trying to influence our elections much too lightly.  This "act of war" as Dems describe it cannot be overlooked and Russia must pay the price.  What's worrying is that there are many nations who could make that same charge against the good old USA like Italy, France, Iran, Nicaragua and several African Nations, and most recently in Israel and Ukraine under Obama.  What's worse is that we have sanctioned assasinations to overturn governments as in Cuba and South Vietnam which are just the first to come to mind.

Dam, what if they all declared war on the U.S., which according to the left's assertions they would be perfectly justified in doing, we're in deep shit.  No wonder we have to maintain a dominant military.  Silly people, silly logic, silly decisions.  It has been ever thus.

3OctaveFart

Let's take a moment to consider this personal rule Mike Pence has for himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/03/30/pences-unwillingness-to-be-alone-with-a-woman-is-a-symptom-of-a-bigger-problem/?tid=ss_fb

He obviously thinks that every interaction he has with a woman is so sexually charged that it's safe to be around them only if there are other people there, too. (Sounds like a guy who married the first woman he ever laid, eh?)

There's little distance between this perspective and that of the ultra-Orthodox Jew who refuses to sit next to a woman on an airplane, or the fundamentalist Muslim who demands that women be covered head to toe to contain the unstoppable allure that renders men unable to control their urge to make the sexy times.

Of course Pence is from Indiana, so we can excuse him for being so prim and boring. That state leads the league.

Up All Night

Quote from: TigerLily on March 27, 2017, 06:53:14 PM
Never heard of the guy. Not being a scientist myself I prefer to rely on the 95% of climate scientists, worldwide, and their findings. Thanks anyway

And would you also rely on 90% of all Muslims worldwide telling you they believe they are part of a Religion of Peace???

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meatie Pie on March 31, 2017, 11:05:09 AM
Let's take a moment to consider this personal rule Mike Pence has for himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2017/03/30/pences-unwillingness-to-be-alone-with-a-woman-is-a-symptom-of-a-bigger-problem/?tid=ss_fb

He obviously thinks that every interaction he has with a woman is so sexually charged that it's safe to be around them only if there are other people there, too. (Sounds like a guy who married the first woman he ever laid, eh?)

There's little distance between this perspective and that of the ultra-Orthodox Jew who refuses to sit next to a woman on an airplane, or the fundamentalist Muslim who demands that women be covered head to toe to contain the unstoppable allure that renders men unable to control their urge to make the sexy times.

Of course Pence is from Indiana, so we can excuse him for being so prim and boring. That state leads the league.

Total caca del toro!  It's a simple a recognition that anyone is liable to make wreckless decisions  under the influence of alchohol, especially when we are young.  There is an enormous distance between an Hasidic  Jew's distancing himself from women and making a commitment to one's wife to avoid situations wherein shit happens.  Maybe you prefer an open marriage like Bill and Hillary's but some value their marriage and want to protect it. N

Your comparison may be the dumbest fucking statementI I have seen on BelGab to date.  No, strike that.  I've  given it furthe consideration and it definitely takes the cake for boneheaded statements. 

Up All Night

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 29, 2017, 01:43:31 AM
I've been laying off politics.  I stopped listening to political talk radio last week and it has been nice. I posted a review of 2001: A Space Odyssey on The Bellgab Classic Playhouse thread.  I gave it a fair review but I was disappointed in the movie as a whole.

Really !! Shouldn't big 'ol bad Russia have been able to hack into the agency's computers to find out what was really going on up there at the moon???  :)