A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Juan

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 08, 2012, 07:20:08 AM
Steve Quayle is going to be nuts. Can't wait. He is so loony. Grab a bottle of your favorite liquor and drink every time he takes a breath. Your liquor will still be there by the end of the show.

Hahahhahahahaha.  I can't wait for this one.  Quayle is one of the nut jobs who still retains his entertainment value.

11angeleyes11

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 08, 2012, 07:20:08 AM
Steve Quayle is going to be nuts. Can't wait. He is so loony. Grab a bottle of your favorite liquor and drink every time he takes a breath. Your liquor will still be there by the end of the show.

As for Wells, he is hosting 4 hours of open lines on Friday. The Coast to Coast website says "unscreened calls" .. I assume that means the call screener will still answer but not tell Wells the topic? Or are we going old school Bell ???

How reckless, "unscreened open lines.", and for four hours!

Meggini

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on November 08, 2012, 10:08:41 AM

How reckless, "unscreened open lines.", and for four hours!

I'm actually going to give that a listen. I would totally change my opinion about him if he can drop his fake persona and go with the call, help shape it and make it something interesting.

Usagi

This is Wells' last shot for me.  I'm going to try to listen in as much as I can over the next three days.  That's enough of a chunk and enough variety (including what should be a very revealing "open" lines) for me to finally make a long over due decision as to whether I'll ever bother again or not.  (Naturally, that decision has long ago been made for Noory).  I'm not expecting any sudden miracles, but at least I won't continue to have a nagging sense of needing to give him a chance.

Speaking of giving a chance... Clyde Lewis sucks (and he is, sadly, a whole lot like Wells).  I really did try and I had quite a lot of hope.  His paranormal topics are much more in line with what I'm looking for in a late night show (mystery calls from the dead, for instance).   Also, some of his callers seem to be of a higher quality than Coast (where are these people when you need them?).  Unfortunately, he seems to rush through his callers (or alternately let's them drone on when they don't warrant it) and never has any special insights nor enough follow-through.  The nail in the coffin was a screed he has just recently posted about the elections, complete with an Obama-O with devil horns.  Whatever.  He loses.

In the end, I feel like I'm stuck with the Paracast (which, is fine with me, but not enough).  One of the hosts is beyond hokey, but has grown on me, and the show is quite listenable.

I need something else, though, damn it!

ItsOver

I find Clyde barely tolerable.  He's sharper and more talented than either Noory or Wells but that, obviously, doesn't take much.  Clyde grinds on me when he's off on some wacko conspiracy or goes off on a rant.  He's similar to Wells then, if Wells had any intelligence and was doing crack instead of smoking rope.   He's not bad, IMHO, when he sticks to the paranormal but even then he can get off on a tangent and drive the show off the road.

Nighttime radio.... from Dreamland to Wasteland.  :(

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2012, 12:09:07 PM
I find Clyde barely tolerable.  He's sharper and more talented than either Noory or Wells but that, obviously, doesn't take much.  Clyde grinds on me when he's off on some wacko conspiracy or goes off on a rant.  He's similar to Wells then, if Wells had any intelligence and was doing crack instead of smoking rope.   He's not bad, IMHO, when he sticks to the paranormal but even then he can get off on a tangent and drive the show off the road.

Every time I've listened to Clyde Lewis, he's been on a rant.  I've tried five or six times, and each time it was a nonstop rant.  No callers, no guests, just him going on and on and on about something.  It's not entertaining or interesting.  It's just abrasive and irritating.

Nebraska888

I, too, will be sitting back with a beverage of choice to listen to Wells and Qualye tonight.  Agreed, Quayle is so hyper nuts that I find him somewhat entertaining.  We all know Wells will let him go on a straight 15 minute rant without interruption......Quayle is so practiced at this stuff that he listens for the break music and stops on "cue"!

I find it interesting that Noory is off Thursday, Friday, and of course the usual weekend (I think it is Ian this Sunday!)......he stated last night he needed to use vacation time.  Uhmmmmm.......really????  He has indicated in past years that he doesn't ever use all of his vacation days because he just misses COAST too much. 

Please tell me these recent week day absences could be a precurser for good things to come......like Noory slowly being "removed" as the main host.  Hey, I'm not a huge Wells fan, but honestly, I can take him better than Noory.......and, maybe some new people might be given an opportunity to host.  Who was that Rob Simone?  I found him to be entertaining and so much more informed than either Wells or Noory.  Perhaps he could have some air time?

ziznak

AHHHH... wells and qualye? it's like radio peanut butter and jelly nigga!!! can't wait.  so who thinks Quayle's gonna be fucked up on booze or just pills this time?

Quote from: Nebraska888 on November 08, 2012, 12:25:06 PM
I, too, will be sitting back with a beverage of choice to listen to Wells and Qualye tonight.  Agreed, Quayle is so hyper nuts that I find him somewhat entertaining.  We all know Wells will let him go on a straight 15 minute rant without interruption......Quayle is so practiced at this stuff that he listens for the break music and stops on "cue"!

I find it interesting that Noory is off Thursday, Friday, and of course the usual weekend (I think it is Ian this Sunday!)......he stated last night he needed to use vacation time.  Uhmmmmm.......really? ???  He has indicated in past years that he doesn't ever use all of his vacation days because he just misses COAST too much. 

Please tell me these recent week day absences could be a precurser for good things to come......

Nah, unused vacation time is an expense on the P&L and a Liability on the Balance Sheet.  These corporations want everyone to take most or all of theirs by year-end to get those 2 items on their Financial Statements down as low as possible.  Some even force people to take it or limit the amount they can accrue (i.e. use it or lose it)...

Wells and Quayle.
Going to be a repeat of the last show basically.
Some complaints about Pres Obama and the Antichrist.
Then rehasing the same old talk from the last show.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 08, 2012, 12:44:11 PM
Nah, unused vacation time is an expense on the P&L and a Liability on the Balance Sheet.  These corporations want everyone to take most or all of theirs by year-end to get those 2 items on their Financial Statements down as low as possible.  Some even force people to take it or limit the amount they can accrue (i.e. use it or lose it)...
yep, thats what Noory mentioned.
he has done this every year around this time before the holidays to use up his accumulated vacation pay plus he sometimes takes a Friday night off thruout the year.
Noory said he takes these extra days off so he can host the holiday shows live.  8)

ShayP

Quote from: ziznak on November 08, 2012, 12:30:45 PM
AHHHH... wells and qualye? it's like radio peanut butter and jelly nigga!!! can't wait.  so who thinks Quayle's gonna be fucked up on booze or just pills this time?

Love this post.  :)

Quayle will bump cocaine every 15-20 minutes or so while slugging vodka and soda.  ;)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: ShayP on November 08, 2012, 03:21:29 PM

Quayle will bump cocaine every 15-20 minutes or so while slugging vodka and soda.  ;)
Careful, you may make me start to like the guy if the above is true.

Morgus

It appears John B. Wells has changed the schedule for tonight's show - no more Steve Quayle:

ET Contacts Thu 11-08
Filling for in for George, John B. Wells is joined by Robert Potter, who has been experiencing UFO contacts since 1975 with (the late) Dr. Fred Bell in Laguna Beach. He'll discuss light from the Inner Earth, underground bases, and the ETs' attempts to "arrest the cabal" here on Earth.

First Hour: Analyst of geopolitics and foreign policy, Craig B. Hulet, talks about a report that a CNBC Exec's children were murdered, after their news organization highlighted an international money laundering case.

Perhaps even he was embarrassed.

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on November 08, 2012, 03:54:22 PM
It appears John B. Wells has changed the schedule for tonight's show - no more Steve Quayle:

ET Contacts Thu 11-08
Filling for in for George, John B. Wells is joined by Robert Potter, who has been experiencing UFO contacts since 1975 with (the late) Dr. Fred Bell in Laguna Beach. He'll discuss light from the Inner Earth, underground bases, and the ETs' attempts to "arrest the cabal" here on Earth.

First Hour: Analyst of geopolitics and foreign policy, Craig B. Hulet, talks about a report that a CNBC Exec's children were murdered, after their news organization highlighted an international money laundering case.

I like this better than Quayle.  8)  Will listen.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on November 08, 2012, 03:04:24 PM
.......Noory said he takes these extra days off so he can host the holiday shows live.  8)

Yeah, he wants "to be there" for his poor listeners.  ::)  Typical, phony, baloney Noory.  I guess Noory has holiday time free since he doesn't have to dress his dog up as a reindeer any more.

Quote from: Morgus on November 08, 2012, 03:54:22 PM

ET Contacts Thu 11-08

Alright, now that sounds more interesting.
I remember reading about the CNBC exec in the news.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/06/nyregion/upper-west-side-nanny-resented-her-employers-police-say.html?_r=0

I will be pretty mad is they dump open lines Friday to give the show to Steve Quayle. I am looking forward to Wells hosting four hours open lines. And interested in seeing how 'unscreened' they really will be.

ChewMouse

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 08, 2012, 08:53:48 PM
I will be pretty mad is they dump open lines Friday to give the show to Steve Quayle. I am looking forward to Wells hosting four hours open lines. And interested in seeing how 'unscreened' they really will be.
That may very well be what's going on, I hadn't thought of it until I saw your post. Wells hates open lines and does anything he can to avoid "taking a few calls."

He does this other thing where he says things off to the side, like, "How much time have we got, Jim? Thirty seconds? Okay", or whatever. It's not "Jim" but you get the idea. I always wonder if he's doing that just to alert listeners that he's gonna kill a little time instead of taking another call.

RedMichael

I swore one time he was taking calls and he said something like "I know I can use a drink right about now" while the caller was asking the guest a question.

It was either because the caller had kind of a doom and gloom statement/question but it sure didn't come off like that. I can imagine taking calls is no one's favorite thing to do but it was the last time I cared to tune in to him.

ziznak

Easy night for Wells... gonna be a repeat with Qualye tomorrow night as well.  Anybody listening live tonight?? Man this guys on a friggin role!  Wells hasn't needed to talk for like an hour n shit... we're learning about different alien wars and what ever happened to the reptillians.  Georgie boy must be sooo pissed he's missing such a "classic" show.

WOTR

WTF!?!  This idiot on a Thursday?  I was actually falling asleep on the couch early and heard the C2C theme and figured that I would just let it play in the background because I was actually going to get my first really good night of sleep in a long time.  Then I hear this moron rambling about about the mother ship in his intro; my blood pressure goes through the roof and I have to peal myself off the couch to turn him off.

I am awake now... just need to find something to do for a few more hours.

Not too bad of a show tonight.Wells just let the guests take it.Pretty good for a change.No off the wall interuptions that one usually hear through the week nights that sort of kill the thought or disrupt the guest's thought train.Sure,Wells is no Art Bell but Wells isn't as lame as Noory.
I have listened to this show since 1997.I can seldom stay awake except on the nights  Noory is off.Spell check suggests his name is Nooky.I think not. I know Nooky when I see it.I rather like the nights Wells,Knapp or Punditt are mc's.I wish some of the people that used to come onto mc for Bell's odd breaks would come on.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2012, 12:09:07 PM

^^^Sigh^^^

***Deep, heart-piercing Sigh***

====Shuddering, soul-shattering SOB====   

I caught the last hour of the show last night. Wells said he is calling Friday night open
The naked calls because as he said there will be no call screener ..

It is interesting in doing that, perhaps trying to bring back some Art Bell flare to the program, which in my mind only has to make Georgie boy nervous

ChewMouse

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 09, 2012, 07:01:08 AM
I caught the last hour of the show last night. Wells said he is calling Friday night open

It is interesting in doing that, perhaps trying to bring back some Art Bell flare to the program, which in my mind only has to make Georgie boy nervous
Wells best have his little time-delay device set up.

ShayP

I'm looking forward to tonight's show and how JBW controls the format.
This may be the time where he shines and shows his stuff. As I've said before...I like him overall.

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 09, 2012, 07:01:08 AM

Watch my cynical side shine through. Anybody honestly believe that his producer or somebody was not really screening the calls in some fashion?  I doubt that his phone was ringing directly when there are still people behind the scenes producing him.

I think it is more likely that somebody at coast has read that there are people who are less than impressed by having to sanitize everything and he is simply telling us all that he is flying solo on the calls to make himself sound like somebody with the ability to to do it.  Considering that he almost never takes any calls I doubt he suddenly decided to jump into the phone lines with no training wheels... 

If Wells has no call screener tonight then Premiere is back to using paid callers.

stevesh

Quote from: WOTR on November 09, 2012, 12:16:54 PM
Watch my cynical side shine through. Anybody honestly believe that his producer or somebody was not really screening the calls in some fashion?  I doubt that his phone was ringing directly when there are still people behind the scenes producing him.

I think it is more likely that somebody at coast has read that there are people who are less than impressed by having to sanitize everything and he is simply telling us all that he is flying solo on the calls to sound like make himself sound like somebody with the ability to to do it.  Considering that he almost never takes any calls I doubt he suddenly decided to jump into the phonelines with no training wheels...

This. Won't be hard to tell, I don't think, if the calls are screened or not. Bill from West Hartford and Cornelius from Louisiana will be the first two calls taken.