• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on April 11, 2013, 02:24:52 PM
Impressive for not having done anything in a long time.* It looks like you will be able to fit into that new bikini by Memorial Day!

* That's what just left my jaw agape about George and his brief...so very brief...foray into Insanity or p90X or whatever the hell kind of crazy SEAL-level-of-intensity exercise program it was that he made such a big deal out of starting last year. And it was over almost before he began. No shit, he lasted all of about 48 hours before he suddenly stopped recording his "progress" and silence descended about what a fantastic program it was, yadda yadda..

Welcome back. I may need a gross of Nair to really make that bikini a realistic goal.

Noory's disturbing workout regimen really does seem to have been a middle age crazy phase, that a sponsor paid him to do, an ephemeral blink where our dyed wig wearing Phalangist apparently had a Damascene moment and decided to inspire his audience by getting fit. The airbrushing of those fitness Noory pics would make Pompeo Posar guffaw. 

Quote from: Sardondi on April 11, 2013, 02:24:52 PM
... How the hell that doughy ball of motionless lard could ever think he could literally make his living by sitting on his butt for 30 years, when all the exercise he got was talking on the telephone, and then just waltz his sedentary, wide-load, lumpy ass into a seriously committed program like that is just beyond me...

Earlly on, after the laugher had died down from his suggestion that he might run for President, he said he was going to 'work on his knuckleball and try out for the St Louis Cardinals'.  This must have been 2003, 2004, 2005 when he would have been well into his 50s.

Here is where I'd normally make sport of him, this time about Wildly unrealistic goals, except that there he sits in Art's chair, for the 11th year..

Eddie, UFO Fill, General, thanks for the feedback!

MV, that sounds excellent, I'll be recording and editing over the weekend and I'll try to have a few pieces to send you. I do have something ready immediately, it should be in your email inbox soon.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 11, 2013, 04:06:40 PM

Earlly on, after the laugher had died down from his suggestion that he might run for President, he said he was going to 'work on his knuckleball and try out for the St Louis Cardinals'.  This must have been 2003, 2004, 2005 when he would have been well into his 50s.

Here is where I'd normally make sport of him, this time about Wildly unrealistic goals, except that there he sits in Art's chair, for the 11th year..

Jorch in any role for the St. Louis Cardinals would be laughable.  George Costanza working for the Steinbrenner Yankees comes to mind.

analog kid

Kevin Smith Show (not that Kevin Smith) is on. UFOs, paranormal etc.

http://kevinsmithshow.com/kssradio/Omni2/playlist.pls

edit: shitty adult contemporary bumper music

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: analog kid on April 11, 2013, 08:12:28 PM
Kevin Smith Show (not that Kevin Smith) is on. UFOs, paranormal etc.

http://kevinsmithshow.com/kssradio/Omni2/playlist.pls

edit: shitty adult contemporary bumper music

wow.  awful music.

Pragmier

Wayne Knight, "Newman" on Seinfeld, also appeared in JFK. He's the front stand-in as Kevin Costner explains the magic bullet trajectory. Knight recreated the role in the famous series skit, this time involving a Keith Hernandez loogie.

ItsOver

Quote from: Pragmier on April 12, 2013, 07:27:09 PM
Wayne Knight, "Newman" on Seinfeld, also appeared in JFK. He's the front stand-in as Kevin Costner explains the magic bullet trajectory. Knight recreated the role in the famous series skit, this time involving a Keith Hernandez loogie.

Just watched the Seinfeld episode yesterday where "Newman" works with Kramer and Elaine to kidnap a non-stop barking dog.  I always knew it was going to be a good episode when Kramer and Newman popped-in awhile for something a little off-beat.  Let's see, for me:

1)  Kramer and Newman made "Seinfeld."

2)  Reverend Jim and Latka made "Taxi."

3)  Norm and Cliff made "Cheers."

I stopped watching new sit-coms after "Seinfeld" departed and "Friends" moved-in. :P

analog kid

Quote from: MV on April 12, 2013, 09:24:44 AM

wow.  awful music.

Awful music and not the greatest talk show I've heard. Dr Leir is kind of mental.

Eddie Coyle

I've never spent a second(and therefore one red cent) in...

Starbucks
            Taco Bell
            Walmart
             Home Depot
             Subway

I'm probably a Communist, I guess.

Pragmier

Starbucks
            Taco Bell
            Walmart
            Home Depot
            Subway

I'm probably a Communist,

Name two things Eddie Coyle and Kim Jong-un have in common.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pragmier on April 13, 2013, 03:04:20 PM

Name two things Eddie Coyle and Kim Jong-un have in common.

I think Kim Jong-un has spent some money in Taco Bells and Subways.

And Supercuts with that Moe Howard special.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 13, 2013, 02:19:15 PM

Starbucks
            Taco Bell
            Walmart
             Home Depot
             Subway

I'm probably a Communist, I guess.

Here in rural America, Wal-Mart has driven out all other supermarket chains. Except, for some reason, the successor to "Piggly Wiggly," which goes by as many names as there are one horse shit holes like the one I live in. Piggly Wiggly being the first ever grocery store that allowed customers to pick items off the shelves themselves, as opposed to the old west style of going to a general store and having the bloke behind the counter gather your stuff. Now we have the choice of a tiny, crappy grocery store that is more than 50 years old, or the "Super" Wal-Mart, and the former is usually a lot more expensive.

I will say one good thing about Wal-Mart - they exploited a loophole in blue laws nation wide in the mid 2000s that allowed them to sell alcohol in dry counties. If it weren't for the chain, I'd still have to drive more than 30 miles to get a beer. And this allowed us the first ever liquor store in our town. Shelf upon shelf of everything imaginable. The salad days, as they say.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on April 13, 2013, 03:27:19 PM
Here in rural America, Wal-Mart has driven out all other supermarket chains. Except, for some reason, the successor to "Piggly Wiggly," which goes by as many names as there are one horse shit holes like the one I live in. Piggly Wiggly being the first ever grocery store that allowed customers to pick items off the shelves themselves, as opposed to the old west style of going to a general store and having the bloke behind the counter gather your stuff. Now we have the choice of a tiny, crappy grocery store that is more than 50 years old, or the "Super" Wal-Mart, and the former is usually a lot more expensive.

I will say one good thing about Wal-Mart - they exploited a loophole in blue laws nation wide in the mid 2000s that allowed them to sell alcohol in dry counties. If it weren't for the chain, I'd still have to drive more than 30 miles to get a beer. And this allowed us the first ever liquor store in our town. Shelf upon shelf of everything imaginable. The salad days, as they say.
As a lifelong city dweller, rural life is alien to me, and the Walmartization thing is prominent. In the city, they are non-existent...but you get 15 miles outside of Boston and the Walmarts are like weeds and smaller independents are dust. Same for Best-Buy. It would be culture shock to even step inside a Walmart, I'd probably karate chop the greeter for getting near me.

Blue laws are ridiculous and laughable. Massachusetts had severe alcohol restrictions on sundays. When I worked in a supermarket as a kid, we used to have put up these curtains to cover the liquor section, so foolish. It was probably a 20 minute task I turned into a 3 hour project.

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 13, 2013, 04:14:29 PM
        As a lifelong city dweller, rural life is alien to me, and the Walmartization thing is prominent. In the city, they are non-existent...but you get 15 miles outside of Boston and the Walmarts are like weeds and smaller independents are dust. Same for Best-Buy. It would be culture shock to even step inside a Walmart, I'd probably karate chop the greeter for getting near me.

The lighting in Wal-Marts sucks the life-force through your eyeballs. It's the most tiring job of shopping you'll ever face. And everything there is generic and absolute shit, as you can probably imagine. Who the hell wants "Made in China" stamped on their cookware or knives?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on April 14, 2013, 11:53:24 AM
The lighting in Wal-Marts sucks the life-force through your eyeballs. It's the most tiring job of shopping you'll ever face. And everything there is generic and absolute shit, as you can probably imagine. Who the hell wants "Made in China" stamped on their cookware or knives?
I actually just got back from a sojourn into suburbia, where a Walmart was packed to such an extent, that the red light/traffic coming out of there had me going about 100 feet in 10 minutes. But the lemmings here have a choice(this town has indpendent stores), and still opt for the soulless colussus that is Walmart. Great, save 10 bucks while your kids and pets are contaminated by the cheap labor objects.

MV/Liberace!

Who the hell wants "Made in China" stamped on their cookware or knives?

no kidding.  i always thought t-fal was supposed to be good shit (and made in france) until i bought a set at walmart.  turns out, the variety walmart sells is made in... drum roll... fucking china.  it has turned out to be some of the worst cookware i've ever owned.  peeling teflon, rubber handle covers tearing off, etc... just absolute shit.

Sardondi

Quote from: The General on April 18, 2013, 02:19:10 PM
holy shit, is that real?
Only if our alien overlords have decided to drill a massive tunnel up from the center of the earth where they've lived since seeding us here.

The General

Quote from: Sardondi on April 18, 2013, 02:49:38 PM
Only if our alien overlords have decided to drill a massive tunnel up from the center of the earth where they've lived since seeding us here.
I KNEW IT!

Where's Mel when we need him.

Marc.Knight

The lighting in Wal-Marts sucks the life-force through your eyeballs. It's the most tiring job of shopping you'll ever face. And everything there is generic and absolute shit, as you can probably imagine.

Who the hell wants "Made in China" stamped on their cookware or knives?

China.

stevesh

FWIW, the Nighthawk Nation forum seems to be kaput. When the Noory dick-suckers can't keep it going, that may be good neews for the rest of us.

I registered twice at Fantastic Forum weeks ago and haven't been approved yet, so we can assume they are out of business as well.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: stevesh on April 20, 2013, 05:01:06 PM
FWIW, the Nighthawk Nation forum seems to be kaput. When the Noory dick-suckers can't keep it going, that may be good neews for the rest of us.

I registered twice at Fantastic Forum weeks ago and haven't been approved yet, so we can assume they are out of business as well.

The old ff or the new?

analog kid

Quote from: MV on April 14, 2013, 09:42:48 PM

no kidding.  i always thought t-fal was supposed to be good shit (and made in france) until i bought a set at walmart.  turns out, the variety walmart sells is made in... drum roll... fucking china.  it has turned out to be some of the worst cookware i've ever owned.  peeling teflon, rubber handle covers tearing off, etc... just absolute shit.

And I think it's reasonable to be suspicious of chinese teflon. I've been looking at black anodized aluminum. It's supposed to be non-stick and last a long time.

analog kid

The latest Unexplained with Howard Hughes is pretty cool. It's about the Vatican, UFOs, Father Malachi Martin, Jacques Vallee. Nice escape from all the stuff we're dealing with at the moment.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on April 21, 2013, 08:09:27 PM
The latest Unexplained with Howard Hughes is pretty cool. It's about the Vatican, UFOs, Father Malachi Martin, Jacques Vallee. Nice escape from all the stuff we're dealing with at the moment.

I started listening to Art in '95 as an escape from shit like the ubiquitious OJ trial, Bosnia or gov't shutdown . The primary purpose of paranormal-themed broadcasting should be giving us a break from the socio-political onslaught, etc.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 21, 2013, 08:54:56 PM...The primary purpose of paranormal-themed broadcasting should be giving us a break from the socio-political onslaught, etc.
Amen, amen, amen. Which is why even in the days of Art my heart sank when some political activist was on tap. And unfortunately far too many in the paranormal camp also insist on bringing a political message, e.g. Steven Greer and Steven Quayle just to name two of about a hundred.