• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Why CNN is irrelevant, part 54,681:

Right now-Fox and MSNBC are showing Eric Holder about to testify.

CNN has it's camera in court, too. Except it's Nevada...and OJ Simpson.

Jeeeeeezzzzzussss.

eddie dean

2 tweakers decide to break into a parked car. After opening the back door they realize it is an unmarked police car and sitting in the front seats are 2 cops!
Busted!

http://www.kpho.com/story/22258500/pd-car-burglary-suspects-surprised-by-cops-in-front-seat

Pragmier

Hey EC what kind of cred does Mike Barnacle have around your neck of the woods?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pragmier on May 15, 2013, 03:01:51 PM
Hey EC what kind of cred does Mike Barnacle have around your neck of the woods?
Not much. Long before he got busted for plagiarism, people were sick of his act. A total elitist snob, has no ties or connections to the working class in any shape or form...but passes himself as their mouthpiece. A fraud and a snake through and through. A teacher of mine threatened to sue him over a story in the Globe, and Barnicle retracted and apologized...after the story already ran. Too late. That was about 3 years before they finally fired him.

Other than that, he's swell!

Sardondi

SMUG ASSHOLE

Anyone who appears on "The Morning Joe" is by very definition a joke.

MV/Liberace!

robert iler's career has pretty much been shit since the sopranos, and deservedly so.  one of the worst actors ever on television, second only to chandler riggs of the walking dead.  i reeeeally wish his character would get killed off.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on May 15, 2013, 06:24:20 PM
robert iler's career has pretty much been shit since the sopranos, and deservedly so.  one of the worst actors ever on television, second only to chandler riggs of the walking dead.  i reeeeally wish his character would get killed off.

I wanted that AJ character to be victim of the Smiley Face Killers or have him taking courses at a school shooting. Anything to kill him off. What a terrible "actor". Most ball players, karate choppers and rappers are better thespians than this bum.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on May 15, 2013, 06:24:20 PMrobert iler's career has pretty much been shit since the sopranos, and deservedly so.  one of the worst actors ever on television, second only to chandler riggs of the walking dead.  i reeeeally wish his character would get killed off.
Heh. Are you watching the series for the first time, or watching it again? I too cringed every time Iler came onscreen. I wonder whether the showrunners were incredibly cynical but also incredibly brilliant in the casting of little Anthony. They chose a youngster who (unknown to the young actor himself I'm sure) would make most people's skin crawl. It's a brilliant way to garner some sympathy for a sociopathic Mafia capo whose otherwise very hard to like. Hell, I actually felt sorry for Tony about his male child: he had to look across the breakfast table every morning and see that. Poor Tony. What a lump of weak, whining, wasted flesh was his only son.

And AJ almost always tried to take the weak, sniveling way out of any trouble he was in. Every time Anthony Joonyuh got caught doing some asshole thing (and he always got caught), and went into his usual weak, lying, resentful schtick whihc wouldn't have worked on a blind and deaf man, I wanted Tony to beat him bloody,to put the ungrateful little shit into a coma. The knowledge of why he was chosen for the role has to have worked on Iler's ego when he got old enough to understand what his real persona was and why he was made AJ.

It's not like he's a real actor. He's not even a member of the Royal Shakespearean Academy of Goombahs, like many other actors on the series were, such as the actors playing Phil Leotardo and "Big Pussy" Bonpensiero who regularly play wiseguys. I just checked IMDB, and Iler has had one credited acting gig since The Sopranos: he was on Law and Order once in 2009. But then anyone holding an Actors' Equity card has been on that show. That's sad. I wonder if Iler really did change careers and become an "event organizer" like AJ? Or if, like the idiot who played Crabbe in the Harry Potter series, he just sells a little pot to people who don't mind paying a premium just to say that Anthony Soprano Jr. is their weed connection.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on May 15, 2013, 06:53:25 PM
Heh. Are you watching the series for the first time, or watching it again?

just watched it for the second time.  the first was in 2006, and then i caught up and watched the final season as it ran.

Hell, I actually felt sorry for Tony about his male child: he had to look across the breakfast table every morning and see that. Poor Tony. What a lump of weak, whining, wasted flesh was his only son.

beyond the hateability of his character, iler comes from the same school of child acting as the walking dead kid.  it's the school that says, "just stutter a lot when you read your lines because that's how real people talk."  fucking insufferable.

Sardondi

Quote from: MV on May 15, 2013, 07:05:43 PM...beyond the hateability of his character, iler comes from the same school of child acting as the walking dead kid.  it's the school that says, "just stutter a lot when you read your lines because that's how real people talk."  fucking insufferable.
And here I was feeling guilty about not liking Rick's kid. I don't really follow TWD, just record the last 6 weeks or so and watch them. I was disappointed in this season's finale, wanting the Governor dead, if for no other reason than for the group to be able to clean up that depressingly filthy prison. Now we've got to put up with wondering about when the psycho Governor will return, and the boring main subplot will be the growing gulf between Rick and his cold-blooded son. Crap.

I think the Pissing on Noary thread just got sent to the ether.
Perhaps in the future a similar, but more politically correct thread could be started.
Something to the effect of: What human excrement would you most like to fling at Noary. Poo or piss  :D

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on May 15, 2013, 07:34:32 PM
And here I was feeling guilty about not liking Rick's kid. I don't really follow TWD, just record the last 6 weeks or so and watch them. I was disappointed in this season's finale, wanting the Governor dead, if for no other reason than for the group to be able to clean up that depressingly filthy prison. Now we've got to put up with wondering about when the psycho Governor will return, and the boring main subplot will be the growing gulf between Rick and his cold-blooded son. Crap.

season 3 was just awful.  i've lost interest in twd almost entirely.  season 3 ended and i felt indifferent.  hopefully season 4 can rekindle any faith i once had in the show.  it'll have to happen pretty early in season 4, though... because i'm really close to the point of just walking away and not giving a shit.  the entire series was virtually destroyed by the slop served up this past season.

stevesh

Just spent five days helping out with calving season on my uncle's small dairy farm. I don't get all dewy-eyed about stuff like 'the miracle of birth', but ...

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on May 20, 2013, 03:08:34 PMJust spent five days helping out with calving season on my uncle's small dairy farm. I don't get all dewy-eyed about stuff like 'the miracle of birth', but ...
And you were helping with dairy, not beef cattle, where we could have at least gigged you about the miracle of birth of a T-bone...

My Ed Dames for the week...I'm callin it.

The Westboro God hates Fags fags are going to protest the funerals from that OKC tornado

Eddie Coyle

I'm disowning(in lieu of killing) anybody in my life who sees "Grown Ups 2".

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2013, 10:15:21 PM

I'm disowning(in lieu of killing) anybody in my life who sees "Grown Ups 2".

Jesus, there's a sequel.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: analog kid on May 20, 2013, 11:32:48 PM
Jesus, there's a sequel.
There were many unanswered questions in part one. I'm very cross with the filmmakers for making us wait three years. I've been unable to sleep or digest a meal since the end of the first masterpiece.

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 15, 2013, 08:24:04 PM
I think the Pissing on Noary thread just got sent to the ether.
Perhaps in the future a similar, but more politically correct thread could be started.
Something to the effect of: What human excrement would you most like to fling at Noary. Poo or piss  :D

Puss Pus

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2013, 11:38:07 PMThere were many unanswered questions in part one. I'm very cross with the filmmakers for making us wait three years. I've been unable to sleep or digest a meal since the end of the first masterpiece.
Thank you for My Morning Guffaw. Hey, I've got the name for a band there!

analog kid

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 20, 2013, 11:38:07 PM
       There were many unanswered questions in part one. I'm very cross with the filmmakers for making us wait three years. I've been unable to sleep or digest a meal since the end of the first masterpiece.

;D    I guess we can expect a Jack and Jill sequel.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on May 21, 2013, 08:16:40 AM
Thank you for My Morning Guffaw. Hey, I've got the name for a band there!
They're currently # 32 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart. The kids love 'em they're like Alex Chilton crossed with Mantovani with a touch of Pablo Cruise and a heaping helping of Klaus Nomi and Sun Ra and Boxcar Willie.

Quote from: analog kid on May 21, 2013, 08:29:50 AM
;D    I guess we can expect a Jack and Jill sequel.
Your lips, God's ears. But it will be hard to match the creative Kilimanjaro of the first. It would still be awesome though!

Westboro Baptist ‏@WBCSays   20h  🎶Every brick, every window, every lying whore BLOWN AWAY🎶 a little modification to OK's @carrieunderwood's song. http://db.tt/O6RJAwlV
Westboro Baptist ‏@WBCSays   5h 
http://db.tt/8g4pL4Sj   -The Rebels of the state of Oklahoma-Misused the Humble Saints of God

Westboro Baptist Church Blames Oklahoma Tornado On Jason Collins' Coming Out http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/21/westboro-oklahoma-tornado-_n_3312712.html

So Faggotry and Fagdom cause tornadoes?
As much as I am not into the "gay" culture, these people are fucking crazy!
www.godhatesfags.com

ItsOver

Quote from: General Johnson Jameson on May 21, 2013, 06:27:10 PM
The Hummingbirds have arrived !

Hahahaha.... for real?  I was in Sierra Vista, AZ several years back.  Sierra Vista is the hummingbird capital of the U.S.   I'd never seen so many hummers in my life.  The surrounding canyons were swarmed with every kind of hummer you could imagine!

Eddie Coyle

I just heard some "spitting in food" stories. Justifiable expectoration I would think. Some helpful tips for loogie avoidance.

(a) Don't run the server in circles for an hour with demands like "I don't like this syrup, you faggot motherfucker"
          (b) If you do a 50+ dollar chew and screw...don't come back to the very same restuarant and server the following week.
          (c) Don't yell at server because something you wanted isn't available on the menu.

This is pretty funny.

Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman doing endless interviews in promotion of their latest film, finally run out of gas. Watch Morgan and listen to Michael at the very end. Good stuff.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/05/23/Morgan-Freeman-nods-off-during-TV-interview

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on May 23, 2013, 11:01:37 AM

I just heard some "spitting in food" stories. Justifiable expectoration I would think. Some helpful tips for loogie avoidance.

(a) Don't run the server in circles for an hour with demands like "I don't like this syrup, you faggot motherfucker"
          (b) If you do a 50+ dollar chew and screw...don't come back to the very same restaurant and server the following week.
          (c) Don't yell at server because something you wanted isn't available on the menu.

I recall Jesse Jackson's statements that he spit in the food of patrons who offended him when he worked at a whites-only country club in South Carlina growing up. (He later said he was just funnin' about garnishing his customers' meals with gobs o' Jesse goo, but between early damaging admissions and later retractions, I generally tend to disregard self-serving statements without some supporting evidence.) 

Still I think the Northeast is just different from much of the rest of the America. So much of the...what is it you're talking about here? "Rudeness" hardly describes it. "Offensiveness"? I don't know, maybe a generally ready-to-be-pissed -off default point about people and personal interactions in general...But so much of the outrageous behavior you describe is simply unimaginable in the Midwest, South, Southwest or rural West. You know: "flyover country", aka the "red states". (I'm just callin' 'em like I've seen 'em - YMMV.) Is it population density that accounts for so much assholedness? The rats crawling over one another go crazy and bite each other thing? You could not pay me enough to live in the Northeast, Eddie. I know it's home, and there's no place like it, but, man, that sounds like an unpleasant way to live.

Quote from: FightTheFuture on May 23, 2013, 11:17:06 AM
This is pretty funny.

Michael Cain and Morgan Freeman doing endless interviews in promotion of their latest film, finally run out of gas. Watch Morgan and listen to Michael at the very end. Good stuff.
Hhe. Freeman looked drunk. Of course who knows where they were, what time it was where they were, schedules, etc. But Morg has been known as a party guy...at least where the women are concerned. BTW, I have no idea what Caine is really like - he may be an absolute prick in real life - but I was impressed with how he went out of his way to be pleasant and charming. What a pro.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on May 23, 2013, 11:18:26 AM
I recall Jesse Jackson's statements that he spit in the food of patrons who offended him when he worked at a whites-only country club in South Carlina growing up. (He later said he was just funnin' about garnishing his customers' meals with gobs o' Jesse goo, but between early damaging admissions and later retractions, I generally tend to disregard self-serving statements without some supporting evidence.) 

Still I think the Northeast is just different from much of the rest of the America. So much of the...what is it you're talking about here? "Rudeness" hardly describes it. "Offensiveness"? I don't know, maybe a generally ready-to-be-pissed -off default point about people and personal interactions in general...But so much of the outrageous behavior you describe is simply unimaginable in the Midwest, South, Southwest or rural West. You know: "flyover country", aka the "red states". (I'm just callin' 'em like I've seen 'em - YMMV.) Is it population density that accounts for so much assholedness? The rats crawling over one another go crazy and bite each other thing? You could not pay me enough to live in the Northeast, Eddie. I know it's home, and there's no place like it, but, man, that sounds like an unpleasant way to live.
The already overcrowded urban Northeast that Manny Celler and Teddy Kennedy made even worse is a major factor. The waiter telling me about these incidents works in areas of Boston that are basically outposts for the diaspora of Kingston, Santo Domingo, Cape Verde etc. You don't need Samuel Huntington or Robert Putnam books for a primer about clashes or isolation. So add that volatility to an area that was already a tinderbox of stress and distrust. It makes for a lot of tension and it manifests in many ways.

But there is a benefit...a lot of the idealistic students who go to Boston's universities get the Irving Kristol "mugged by reality" (and mugged in reality) expreience.