WHO declares monkeypox outbreak to be public health emergency

Started by Asuka Langley, July 23, 2022, 11:57:00 AM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.



pate

I was listening to Alex Jones the other day, and He was recommending that everyone worried about this stock up on some sort of snake oil product:



You can take that to the bank* (less my normal 25% cut)!

pate/K_Dubb 2024
"WHO farted in the elevator?"












* preferably one of those swiss joints that will open one with a simple number/key combination-lock.

aldousburbank

If people stopped doing monkey stuff and monkeys stopped doing people stuff this would not be a thing. 

K_Dubb

Nobody is going to stop bonking, compared with HIV which has been circulating at high levels out there for what forty years or so now this is just a particularly unpleasant rash and joins the whole host of nasty things you can get.  There are lines for the vaccine but they don't have much of it and are giving it to people already exposed while fighting off the usual hypochondriacs and helicopter moms dragging their kids in because they might pick it up at drag queen story time.


Asuka Langley

[GRAPHIC MONKEYPOX PICTURES]

>when you are so gay you have buttholes on your butthole
https://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/388837942


SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 26, 2022, 10:57:35 AMNobody is going to stop bonking, compared with HIV which has been circulating at high levels out there for what forty years or so now this is just a particularly unpleasant rash and joins the whole host of nasty things you can get.  There are lines for the vaccine but they don't have much of it and are giving it to people already exposed while fighting off the usual hypochondriacs and helicopter moms dragging their kids in because they might pick it up at drag queen story time.
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If AIDS don't get ya
Monkeypox must

Asuka Langley

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/07/30/beloved-san-francisco-fetish-festival-presses-ahead-amid-anxiety-uncertainty-over-monkeypox

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO — Amid a burgeoning monkeypox outbreak that has so far disproportionately affected gay and bisexual men, Bay Area public health officials and organizers of one of the region's most beloved LGBTQ events are walking a difficult line between preventing the spread of the virus, while fighting the stigma of the virus as a disease limited to the LGBTQ community.

Despite San Francisco officials' declaration of a public health emergency over the monkeypox virus, organizers of Dore Alley — a live-out-loud leather and fetish festival that's been a favorite among LGBTQ communities in the Bay Area since the 1980s — said Friday they intend to hold the festival this weekend.

The San Francisco event, which is expected to draw 5,000 people, comes amid deep anxieties across the LGBTQ community over the outbreak, which has proliferated amid a shortage of vaccines. Confronting a disease that has primarily affected men who have sex with men, many in the LGBTQ community fear a replay of the failures of the AIDS/HIV crisis. The confluence of issues has raised difficult questions for Dore Alley organizers, public health officials and LGBTQ advocates, even as they press ahead with the festival.








K_Dubb

Sockless is out now dumbass you wear crisp white midcalfs even with sandals, everyone knows this

K_Dubb

QuoteSEATTLE — Seattle and King County held its first free community Monkeypox vaccination event on Saturday.
Cedric Wright was one of hundreds who got vaccinated for Monkeypox or MPV, and is feeling a sense of relief,
"I did get a vaccine. I'm very excited," Wright said.
The line wrapped around Seattle Central College Saturday, with more than 500 people able to get the shot.


https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/monkeypox/seattles-first-monkeypox-vaccine-pop-up-clinic-runs-out-shots/281-838846b4-7d7d-4652-91fa-459c428c7914


We love our shots 🥳 apparently you have to fess up to smashing ten people in the last three months tho so only for hot guys :(


albrecht

Lest I offend but the MonkeyPox has weird vibe like HIV/AIDs. Even back then there was push back to not curtail obvious dangerous lifestyle choices but, then same demographic claimed discrimination from politicians and society. Meanwhile protests and desires to keep 'bath houses' open and bizarre requests for the right to donate blood. And there, ignoring some theories considered conspiracy, the 'monkey connection' again is officially raised. What the heck are people doing in the Dark Continent, and I don't mean the 'bush meat,' although, maybe related. Some weird stuff, and I'm not blaming Wouter or the commies on this one. But idk?

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 08, 2022, 05:12:34 PMLest I offend but the MonkeyPox has weird vibe like HIV/AIDs. Even back then there was push back to not curtail obvious dangerous lifestyle choices but, then same demographic claimed discrimination from politicians and society. Meanwhile protests and desires to keep 'bath houses' open and bizarre requests for the right to donate blood. And there, ignoring some theories considered conspiracy, the 'monkey connection' again is officially raised. What the heck are people doing in the Dark Continent, and I don't mean the 'bush meat,' although, maybe related. Some weird stuff, and I'm not blaming Wouter or the commies on this one. But idk?
The initial transmission from monkeys is still being blamed on eating them or getting bitten

QuoteIn some ways, the virus is acting differently than it has in the past. For decades, researchers in West and Central Africa, where the virus is endemic, have observed that outbreaks there tend to be self-limiting. A single case or small cluster would pop up occasionally, caused by hunting and handling infected animals or being bitten by one, but those spillover events rarely kicked off long chains of transmission within communities.

But, given the "prolonged skin-to-skin contact" required, the word "handling" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

QuoteMonkeypox has a thing for skin. Animal studies have shown that the virus has a preference for finding its way to skin and oral tissues, even when it's injected into an animal's muscles or sprayed into its nasal passages. Once there, it sets up shop, making lots of copies of itself, and these viral factories become the sites of lesions.


They are fucking the monke.  Then, flying straight to the fleshpots of Gran Canaria, from what it sounds like.


https://www.statnews.com/2022/08/10/what-scientists-know-and-dont-know-about-how-monkeypox-spreads/

K_Dubb

Seattle is splitting vaccine doses due to the demand

QuoteThe U.S. Food and Drug Administration gave emergency use authorization to split one dose of the monkeypox vaccine into five doses. The change means providers can now give the shot in a shallower location right under the skin instead of deeper in the arm. According to the White House monkeypox response team, the different shot location and smaller dose was found to generate a similar immune response.


https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/king-county-split-1-monkeypox-vaccine-into-5-doses-after-fda-emergency-authorization/FQXTVK5ANZBIFFJ7ZIP7WSEEZU/

It's the FDA's fault

https://twitter.com/jeeeberts/status/1554229252199006209  

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 11, 2022, 10:05:41 AMThe initial transmission from monkeys is still being blamed on eating them or getting bitten

But, given the "prolonged skin-to-skin contact" required, the word "handling" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.


They are fucking the monke.  Then, flying straight to the fleshpots of Gran Canaria, from what it sounds like.


https://www.statnews.com/2022/08/10/what-scientists-know-and-dont-know-about-how-monkeypox-spreads/
There appears to be a lot of monkeyshines going on. And not just the organ-grinding kind. Oh, wait....



K_Dubb

The latest is people are driving to Canada to get the vaccine no questions asked in Vancouver (though BC now "strongly discourages" the practice) because the criteria even with the five-split doses mean thanks to concerns with equity you basically have to be a manwhore or homeless meth user to get it here.

You have to be exposed or gay AND have one of the following:

Sex with more than ten people in three months
Syphilis or gonorrhea in the past year
Meth use in the past month
Bathhouse or sex club in the past three months
Homeless and had any sex at all in the past three months

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 13, 2022, 11:15:00 AMThe latest is people are driving to Canada to get the vaccine no questions asked in Vancouver (though BC now "strongly discourages" the practice) because the criteria even with the five-split doses mean thanks to concerns with equity you basically have to be a manwhore or homeless meth user to get it here.

You have to be exposed or gay AND have one of the following:

Sex with more than ten people in three months
Syphilis or gonorrhea in the past year
Meth use in the past month
Bathhouse or sex club in the past three months
Homeless and had any sex at all in the past three months
Many of these activities would seem to be 'public health emergencies' (or at least private emergencies) even without this latest Monkey-derived VD/Pox situation.


K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on August 13, 2022, 11:50:56 AMMany of these activities would seem to be 'public health emergencies' (or at least private emergencies) even without this latest Monkey-derived VD/Pox situation.
If people were dying, maybe, or if they discover "long monkeypox", but as it stands now it ranks somewhere lower in risk than the HIV we (or at least the good-looking ones for whom it is an option 😩) routinely hazard.  If the regular folks start getting it, it will be holy war for sure.

I tell you one thing, if it was as disfiguring as smallpox used to be it would disappear overnight.

Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod