The Russia Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, August 01, 2016, 02:49:39 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: norland2424 on November 15, 2016, 07:41:32 PM
wait are their aircraft just taking off under their own power?

Yes they are, hence the ski jump on the deck. And the issue of lighter weapons loads than possible with catapults. Uncle Duke is correct about how inferior this carrier and its systems are to ours.

Even "Peter the Great," their heavy cruiser also deployed to Syria, which was quite formidable when launched decades ago, stacks up poorly against modern Western navies like ours. It does look cool, however.

norland2424

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2016, 07:48:07 PM
Yes, although they do use a "ski jump" ramp similar to that used for SHARs by the Brits on their "Invincible Class" light carriers.

yea i see more " accidents " happening in the near future, you would think they would at least try to emulate American and British carrier ops

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 14, 2016, 11:53:18 AM
https://theaviationist.com/2016/11/14/russian-mig-29k-from-adm-kuznetsov-aircraft-carrier-has-crashed-in-mediterranean-sea/

Naval Aviation for Amateurs.

Ha!   Poor Ivan.  It's not easy but certainly doable.  The Italian Navy is often under estimated and operate two carriers
quite competently.  Russia has some work to do!


theONE

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2016, 07:53:55 PM
I'll let Jackstar Supernova explain politics to you.

No need for it --- I'm quite well informed on that topic.
To me military actions by Russian Army in Syria are the best examples of real life politicking...
not this bullshit that is spewing like a river of stinking sewer from the W-H and Bama

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:00:15 PM
No need for it --- I'm quite well informed on that topic.
To me military actions by Russian Army in Syria are the best examples of real life politicking...
not this bullshit that is spewing like a river of stinking sewer from the W-H and Bama

How did the army do in Afghanistan?

Jackstar

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:00:15 PM
I'm quite well informed on that topic.

Your relentless spamming of links solely from rt.com would indicate otherwise.


Meanwhile--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_jet_power

looks like human innovation fell off a cliff in 1950. Gee, I wonder why? What might have changed then? Uncle, what's this stain on your pantsleg?

mikuthing01

Russian aircraft carrier is diesel powered lol

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:00:15 PM
No need for it --- I'm quite well informed on that topic.
To me military actions by Russian Army in Syria are the best examples of real life politicking...
not this bullshit that is spewing like a river of stinking sewer from the W-H and Bama

The AIRFORCE and NAVAL aircraft are doing well over Syria because there's no opposition. It isn't brave bombing civilians who can't fire back.

norland2424

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2016, 08:06:32 PM
The AIRFORCE and NAVAL aircraft are doing well over Syria because there's no opposition. It isn't brave carpet  bombing civilians who can't fire back.

fify

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Jackstar Supernova on November 15, 2016, 08:04:20 PM
Your relentless spamming of links solely from rt.com would indicate otherwise.


Meanwhile--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_jet_power

looks like human innovation fell off a cliff in 1950. Gee, I wonder why? What might have changed then? Uncle, what's this stain on your pantsleg?


Your ignorance is almost an art form. You must frame it and call it 'doh'. :-\

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2016, 07:56:57 PM
Difference being, the Harriers have a Pegasus engine (that has 'fuck off' stencilled on the compressor ring) with the accompanying vectored thrust.

Yes, meaning it was better suited to a ramp than a navalized MiG or SU.  The Russians did have a crude STOVL fighter back in the 70s (Yak 38?) and an advanced STOVL fighter on the drawing board.

Hey Pud, would you like to explain to Jackstar who Duncan Sandys was and what his Defense White Paper had to say about fixed wing warplanes?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: norland2424 on November 15, 2016, 07:58:23 PM
yea i see more " accidents " happening in the near future, you would think they would at least try to emulate American and British carrier ops

Tough to do when they don't have and can't afford the ships and planes they would need. I don't think they even have an operational jump jet. And it's a fairly short deck for conventional landings, so with their relative shortage of training flights, more accidents are not unlikely.

Jackstar

I know you by the company you keep.

norland2424

Quote from: ϟϟmikuthing01ϟϟ on November 15, 2016, 08:05:49 PM
Russian aircraft carrier is diesel powered lol


lol

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/21/russian-carrier-plagued-by-technical-problems/

"Belching smoke through the Channel, Russian aircraft carrier so unreliable it sails with its own breakdown tug"

theONE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 15, 2016, 08:02:24 PM
How did the army do in Afghanistan?

Ask Americans -they fucked with Russian operations there and at the end created all that shit that eventually
bite them in the ass and till this day Americans are fighting fucking up there -it was very clever of them to oppose Russians.
So now they have something to keep them busy and invest billions of dollars instead to improve lives of their citizens in the USA
VERY SMART INDEED, hehehe  :)


theONE

Quote from: Jackstar Supernova on November 15, 2016, 08:04:20 PM
Your relentless spamming of links solely from rt.com would indicate otherwise.


Meanwhile--
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_jet_power

looks like human innovation fell off a cliff in 1950. Gee, I wonder why? What might have changed then? Uncle, what's this stain on your pantsleg?

JackS deal with sucker...!!! or STFU

Quote from: theONE on November 04, 2016, 12:07:24 AM
"Aftermath of US-led coalition airstrike near Mosul, which killed at least 8" (EXCLUSIVE VIDEO)
https://www.rt.com/news/365141-aftermath-mosul-airstrike-victims/
Published time: 2 Nov, 2016 20:00

**RT’s video agency Ruptly has filmed the aftermath of a deadly US-led coalition airstrike, which hit a home on the outskirts of the Iraqi city of Mosul.
The agency also spoke to a man whose eight relatives died in the attack.
Yousuf Mohammed Yousuf showed Ruptly the graves of his brother’s family, including the man’s pregnant wife,
their children and grandchildren, in Fadhiliya village near Mosul.

“The owner of this house was called Amer Mohammed Yousuf, my brother. His family was eight persons.
On October 22, 2016, between 7:30 and 8:00 am, aircraft attacked this area and destroyed this house," Yousuf said.
Kurdish troops fighting in the area as well as local officials have also said the house was destroyed in an airstrike.
Nobody survived as the family home was hit twice during an airstrike, which Yousuf blames on the US-led coalition.
He also showed the ruins that was the home of the deceased family.

"I think they are the NATO, but [I am] not quite sure whether they were French, Canadian or US.
I only know that they hit this area and destroyed everything," he said.**

...very sad story, and shame on the coalition air force --I hope there will be international outrage and investigation to find out
who did it /at least this time they can not blame on Russia/ 


"Iraq: Brother mourns as deadly US airstrike kills 8 family members"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnbZ_tQdfBA

theONE

Quote from: Jackstar Supernova on November 15, 2016, 08:04:20 PM
Your relentless spamming of links solely from rt.com would indicate otherwise.


JackS /and others/ please choke on this story:

Quote from: theONE on November 10, 2016, 02:23:01 AM
"Fallujah 12 years on: Americans ‘last people to consider’ generations crippled by depleted uranium"
https://www.rt.com/news/365671-fallujah-depleted-uranium-us/
Published time: 7 Nov, 2016 19:03

"*November 7 marks 12 years since the second battle of Fallujah was launched by US, Iraqi, and British troops in 2004.
Fallujah residents still suffer from the consequences today, with many accusing Washington of using deadly depleted uranium weapons.
According to some reports, chemical weapons may have been used during the battle, also known as Operation Al Fajr and Operation Phantom Fury,
which is considered the bloodiest of the Iraq War.

A number of scientists have linked an increased rate of health problems in the Fallujah population
to the US-led attacks, including birth defects and cancer.

Which specific substances may have been used is still unknown.
Only the use of white phosphorus has been officially confirmed by the US.
Although over a decade has passed, Fallujah residents are still suffering from the consequences of the battle."*


...ugly -very ugly !!!
America from now on have no moral ground to school others /especially Russia/ about being nice guys
American Army wrote book how to be below worst of the worst when comes to humanitarian behaviour during war
-fucking disgusting assholes pointing fingers at others...

watch the videos there if you have any reservations

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Walks_At_Night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ on November 15, 2016, 07:59:52 PM
Ha!   Poor Ivan.  It's not easy but certainly doable.  The Italian Navy is often under estimated and operate two carriers
quite competently.  Russia has some work to do!



Couple differences, Walks.  First the Italians use SHARs, not navalized conventional aircraft.  Historically this has been less than successful.  Secondly the Italian carriers were designed to operate within a NATO command structure where CVs formed the bulk of the aerial striking force.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 15, 2016, 08:08:57 PM
Yes, meaning it was better suited to a ramp than a navalized MiG or SU.  The Russians did have a crude STOVL fighter back in the 70s (Yak 38?) and an advanced STOVL fighter on the drawing board.

Hey Pud, would you like to explain to Jackstar who Duncan Sandys was and what his Defense White Paper had to say about fixed wing warplanes?

Not really, he'd ask about chem trails.

theONE

Quote from: Value Of Pi on November 15, 2016, 08:09:24 PM
Tough to do when they don't have and can't afford the ships and planes they would need. I don't think they even have an operational jump jet. And it's a fairly short deck for conventional landings, so with their relative shortage of training flights, more accidents are not unlikely.

Don't you guys worry Russians have back up plan ,hehehe, LOL

"Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/russia-test-unstoppable-satan-2-7935675
09:01, 10 MAY 2016
*Moscow meda claims terrifying weapon can dodge radar defences and bring destruction to an area the size of 'Texas or France'*


...check this out and think about it
"Russia's Satan 2 - Why You Should Have The Hell Scared Out Of You!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8J_sVuoshY




Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:32:13 PM
Don't you guys worry Russians have back up plan ,hehehe, LOL

"Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/russia-test-unstoppable-satan-2-7935675
09:01, 10 MAY 2016
*Moscow meda claims terrifying weapon can dodge radar defences and bring destruction to an area the size of 'Texas or France'*


...check this out and think about it
"Russia's Satan 2 - Why You Should Have The Hell Scared Out Of You!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8J_sVuoshY

Yeah, because Putin is insane. As is Trump. Two great big balls of sunshine...

But I'll indulge you; How does this missile take off and land from a carrier?

theONE

"Unstoppable 'SATAN-2' || Russia unveils RS-28 Sarmat 'Satan 2' Nuclear Missile"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ZykY_PNqk

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
"Unstoppable 'SATAN-2' || Russia unveils RS-28 Sarmat 'Satan 2' Nuclear Missile"


If the troops aren't too monged on vodka to operate it, you mean.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
"Unstoppable 'SATAN-2' || Russia unveils RS-28 Sarmat 'Satan 2' Nuclear Missile"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ZykY_PNqk

Look up "Viktor Belenko".

norland2424

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
"Unstoppable 'SATAN-2' || Russia unveils RS-28 Sarmat 'Satan 2' Nuclear Missile"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ZykY_PNqk

to bad nato doesnt have nukes  :'(

chefist

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:32:13 PM
Don't you guys worry Russians have back up plan ,hehehe, LOL

"Russia to test unstoppable 'Satan 2' stealth nuke capable of wiping out an ENTIRE NATION"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/russia-test-unstoppable-satan-2-7935675
09:01, 10 MAY 2016
*Moscow meda claims terrifying weapon can dodge radar defences and bring destruction to an area the size of 'Texas or France'*


...check this out and think about it
"Russia's Satan 2 - Why You Should Have The Hell Scared Out Of You!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8J_sVuoshY

Probably our Uranium/Plutonium in those missiles...

norland2424

jokes aside, nukes don't factor in here. since they are last resort weapons

theONE

Quote from: chefist... on November 15, 2016, 08:40:20 PM
Probably our Uranium/Plutonium in those missiles...

haha, do you suggest that Russians should just send it back in the Satan-2...?? :P

chefist

Quote from: theONE on November 15, 2016, 08:42:40 PM
haha, do you suggest that Russians should just send it back in the Satan-2...?? :P

Sold "As Is"...no returns...


Powered by SMFPacks Menu Editor Mod