• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Juan on May 03, 2018, 06:18:07 AM
After thinking it over, I believe some form of the listening to (Redacted) is true. I always wondered why Art would let some woman he’d never heard of come to his house for an interview. If he had heard her on a Gabcast/FretFiles and liked her voice, maybe he did comment on it to Airyn. Remember, a lot of people here liked her voice early on.

Yes she had an spirited, playful voice and attitude back then, speaking in that casual gabcast dialect.  Then she learned to "talk radio" and a kind of guarded, self-conscious formalism crept in.  I honestly think if she'd just done her own offbeat podcast for fun, without the self-imposed burden and pretense of "carrying forth the Art Bell legacy", she might have carved out her own successful little niche.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 03, 2018, 10:30:49 AM

I'm taking a punt here, but I think more people had heard of Diana; and due to the circumstances of her death at a young age it prompted such a reaction.. Art Bell wasn't well known outside his immediate fan base and he was an elderly man who used to smoke 80 gigs per day...

Don't worry, your commemorative teacups are safe from me.

Lilith

Quote from: nicholas322 on May 03, 2018, 10:19:11 AM
I have to be honest, The thing I didn't like about Wade was that she was not informed about many of the subjects she was discussing. There is always new evidence that what we have been taught in our rockafeller run schools is all wrong. She is at least 10 years behind.

Kind of makes you wonder if she even seriously ever listened to Arts shows.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 02, 2018, 09:01:31 PM
Art was the father Heather never had
And the father his kids never had.

good one

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 03, 2018, 10:32:55 AM
For those who are interested, and want to increase their knowledge of 'BellGab Lore'  ;D on the character known as Lasha, I'm going to attach two interviews she did as a guest on the Kevin Smith Show back in 2012.
It will give you a little more of a look inside the mind of the one and only Lasha Seniuk, Heather Wade's biggest sycophant.

I will say that I found these shows entertaining. But this was all before I seen her transform into her true self and realized she was the female Sean David Morton  ;D
My first time I knew she was full of it was her having every mystical experience known to man. I do believe she was going on at length about a sweat lodge and yogi on Belle Haven and I knew it was BS. But I was being polite then, now not so much. Gloves.Are.Off.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on May 03, 2018, 10:44:03 AM
Kind of makes you wonder if she even seriously ever listened to Arts shows.

I think at the very least you can say she was more interested in the spooky mystique than in inquiry.  Draping herself in Art's mantle makes perfect sense, because that's all it was.  She really was unfit.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: starramus on May 03, 2018, 04:32:02 AM
Art's legacy a semen stain in the cuck shack. Prolly lots a semen stains since Heather was so "cute". Art's demise might provide an investment opportunity. If we can get a hold of that cuck shack we can market his DNA on ebay. Wanna piece of Art?
Clone him...?

zeebo

Quote from: Kolchak on May 03, 2018, 04:06:43 AM
"In Nye" is peak Bellgab. I've added it to my apple music and played it several times today. At one point I tried explaining to a roommate buy gave up.

Can't wait to catch MV on his upcoming "No Apologies" tour! 

grano salis

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 03, 2018, 09:43:44 AM

The person who called in from AZ said he was Ben; I at first thought it was Chefist, but it wasn't. Voice wasn't his unless he'd put it through some spooky software to alter it..

"Fritz" from Phoenix.

chefist

Quote from: Lonsomebatch on May 03, 2018, 10:31:16 AM
RE: Arts treatment of his wives and children

Many of you folks don't understand Art because you are not of his time. Each generation lives under the sociological world of their parents for the first half of their lives. You can't judge the past by current moral standards.

Art was a child of WWII people. Back then Academics was the the domain of ultra-conservatives. Women were expected to marry well, because ladies did not work, and if they did only a School Teacher was acceptable. Nurses were considered only a step up from being a Hooker. Divorce was a dirty little secret few engaged in. Minorities were physically strong mental children that would get out of control if you did not keep them in their place. Everything had a military order to it. You were expected to never do anything half-assed.

Arts world was one where his own parents would have encouraged him to never get divorced. If he did, it was common practice to cut all ties with the wife and children. The logic being that you would only confuse and hamstring the children by being only partially involved in their lives. It was also a hedge to get people to not get divorced in the first place. In those days you stayed married or you had to "take it like a man" and severe all ties.

For a man to leave and cut all ties was the standard until the late 70's and early 80's. Only then were things like shared custody accepted as something that would not ultimately harm the children. "A Boy Named Sue" etc.

Where's my refund? I know you got $600 for that 10 year subscription.

HumanBeing

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 03, 2018, 09:53:53 AM
I believe if memory serves it's Kevin someone? And did he pass away too? Or am I confusing stories?

ponyboysunset received 1000 BellGab points

You are correct ;D My post somewhere above this has the interviews attached if you were interested.

I thought Kevin, next to Art, was the best interviewer I've heard. Kevin also said many times Art was the best.
For me, Kevin asked the right questions and did his homework. He worked very hard. He turned away advertisers and went commercial free because he did not want to become beholden to anyone.
He wanted complete control of his show and he made sure he maintained just that.
I also liked that sometime around 2009 or 2010 he started also simulcasting his radio shows via video. That added an extra layer to his show where he could put up videos, photos or have the guest via video while he did the show. I have all of his shows and many videos from 2008 til his death. You can find maybe 20 or so of his shows, with video, on youtube.
He started doing his show, I think back in 2000, while he was still overseas working in Bosnia as a UN international police officer. I never started listening until mid 2007.
He had many interesting jobs. He had a doctorate in Theology. He was a Deputy Sheriff somewhere in Texas, became a Detective, teacher, preacher, UN International Police Officer and I'm probably forgetting a couple others haha

TL;DR I really liked The Kevin Smith Show
;D

True if you are a robot. 

Quote from: Lonsomebatch on May 03, 2018, 10:31:16 AM
RE: Arts treatment of his wives and children

Many of you folks don't understand Art because you are not of his time. Each generation lives under the sociological world of their parents for the first half of their lives. You can't judge the past by current moral standards.

Art was a child of WWII people. Back then Academics was the the domain of ultra-conservatives. Women were expected to marry well, because ladies did not work, and if they did only a School Teacher was acceptable. Nurses were considered only a step up from being a Hooker. Divorce was a dirty little secret few engaged in. Minorities were physically strong mental children that would get out of control if you did not keep them in their place. Everything had a military order to it. You were expected to never do anything half-assed.

Arts world was one where his own parents would have encouraged him to never get divorced. If he did, it was common practice to cut all ties with the wife and children. The logic being that you would only confuse and hamstring the children by being only partially involved in their lives. It was also a hedge to get people to not get divorced in the first place. In those days you stayed married or you had to "take it like a man" and severe all ties.

For a man to leave and cut all ties was the standard until the late 70's and early 80's. Only then were things like shared custody accepted as something that would not ultimately harm the children. "A Boy Named Sue" etc.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 03, 2018, 04:53:00 AM
'It's an important call. Is that OK?'

FFS!
Who could it have been on the phone? Keef? Or someone calling to give u a new job? Oh yeah that's right, she was already talking to that guy.

It had to be the Chinese or pizza delivery guy confused at the different order, name but at Art's same address...unless a new driver just made a wrong turn...?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 03, 2018, 10:51:46 AM
Thank yew! I only remember because I think she posted about it somewhere bragging about her credentials.

zeebo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 03, 2018, 06:56:26 AM
'You're the brightest star in my sky'.

Getting ready to tap out. This is like getting repeated kicks to the nutsack....

I had to ice myself down about halfway through. 

Quote from: zeebo on May 03, 2018, 10:42:02 AM
Yes she had an spirited, playful voice and attitude back then, speaking in that casual gabcast dialect.  Then she learned to "talk radio" and a kind of guarded, self-conscious formalism crept in.  I honestly think if she'd just done her own offbeat podcast for fun, without the self-imposed burden and pretense of "carrying forth the Art Bell legacy", she might have carved out her own successful little niche.

If she was just an untalented but genuine person doing an awkward little podcast it would be hundreds of times more listenable than the phony act she puts on.

GravitySucks

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 03, 2018, 10:51:46 AM

You are correct ;D My post somewhere above this has the interviews attached if you were interested.

I thought Kevin, next to Art, was the best interviewer I've heard. Kevin also said many times Art was the best.
For me, Kevin asked the right questions and did his homework. He worked very hard. He turned away advertisers and went commercial free because he did not want to become beholden to anyone.
He wanted complete control of his show and he made sure he maintained just that.
I also liked that sometime around 2009 or 2010 he started also simulcasting his radio shows via video. That added an extra layer to his show where he could put up videos, photos or have the guest via video while they he did the show. I have all of his shows and many videos from 2008 til his death. You can find maybe 20 or so of his shows, with video, on youtube.
He started doing his show, I think back in 2000, while he was still overseas working in Bosnia as a UN international police officer. I never started listening until mid 2007.
He had many interesting jobs. He had a doctorate in Theology. He was a Deputy Sheriff somewhere in Texas, became a Detective, teacher, preacher, UN International Police Officer and I'm probably forgetting a couple others haha

TL;DR I really liked The Kevin Smith Show
;D

Was Lasha a person of interest in his death?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 03, 2018, 06:56:26 AM
'You're the brightest star in my sky'.

Getting ready to tap out. This is like getting repeated kicks to the nutsack.

Can that bitch finish a sentence without voice-wavering sobs?

I had to tap out before that. I had been putting off doing absolutely nothing and thought it was a fine time to finally tackle that job.

munbeam666

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 02, 2018, 09:01:31 PM
Art was the father Heather never had
And the father his kids never had.
Maybe Heather was the son Art had....

GretalX

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 03, 2018, 09:59:09 AM

Oh my my...Oh my my my... Was life that desperately bereft of all meaning before you were sucked into this cesspit of depravity?

HAHA! YES! Yes it was!  I am a despicable, judgy whore of a human being and now I feel at home!

HumanBeing

Quote from: ShayP on May 03, 2018, 10:00:49 AM
LMAO!!! But what if one has big hands, or tiny balls?  Is there not a revised version of this good book that involves multitasking?   :D

If I remember correctly (walks over to his bookcase and returns to his desk) that version of 'Wanking It' you are referencing is published by the "Good News" of 1976.

Chapter 2 verse 3 in the Book of George,
"He who has biggeth balls must never forsaken them or taketh them away."

Chapter 10 verses 5:7 in the Book of George,
"Fear not son thee load of thy balls.
Neglect not the cuppeth of one's balls
for it is an abomination: they surely shall be put to death; their blood of thy balls shall be upon them."

Roswells, Art

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 03, 2018, 11:04:28 AM
If I remember correctly (walks over to his bookcase and returns to his desk) that version of 'Wanking It' you are referencing...

lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: IamNegan on May 03, 2018, 10:41:26 AM
I wonder if she was the one who called in almost every night by the name of Smog/Smaug/Smowg (read the last one with a southern twang ;) )?

No Lasha calls in as Lasha. Smog calls in as Smog

GravitySucks

Quote from: GretalX on May 03, 2018, 11:03:01 AM
HAHA! YES! Yes it was!  I am a despicable, judgy whore of a human being and now I feel at home!

Did they send you your hoodie?

paladin1991

Quote from: Skeleton Jelly on May 03, 2018, 04:24:38 AM
That show heather went on sounds even worse than MITD. Skype noises all the way through it. As soon as it begins the guy says anyone calling in whom he deems "Disrespectful" He says he'll post their phone number over the radio.  ::) The host sounds like a babbling meth addict. When I checked out their sound cloud to see what other great content they have i found this
[attachment=1,msg1198025]
Looks like you're in the right place ho

Those video game sound effects?  I thought those were some sort of anti-recording thingy.  You know, so that the sound quality is so bad that why would anyone bother recording it?

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 03, 2018, 10:06:35 AM
That and her sexy radio voice. Didn’t she say it was her voice that pulled Art in?  ::)

Lmfao

Besides the little point  ::) of him being married with young kids, you can't really blame Art for being Art and wanting some more poon tang on the side.
It is alleged he's been acting this way his entire adult life, so why stop now in his late 60's early 70's.
Heather is supposedly short and small in frame, very friendly and pleasant. Art looked at her like a sexual amusement park for adults  ;D