• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Richard C. Hoagland

Started by Richard C. Hoagland, July 20, 2008, 07:01:42 PM

coaster

I'd love to hear you on Dark Matter discussing how wrong RCH is, but that would never happen, because it would be quite literally the end of his "career". You have so thoroughly "owned" him on your site. The second he mentioned his critics you and Stuart Robbins immediately came to mind , and you know thats exactly who he was talking about.

ziznak

This is great it's like the cliff notes summary of all your major hoagy-work... with links!!!

I'd really like to see you or stuart get on with Art.  So many guests with less credentials have been on the show. 

I wormholed Art something about it but very vaguely worded.  I asked if he would be willing to have some real deal scientist types on to debunk certain pseudo's he's had on.  Said something about him always being a "both sides of the story" type of guy blah blah.  Not sure exactly how the guest submission process goes but I'm assuming it's ok enter some of your info?

expat

Yes. Stuart should have priority, he's very keen to do it and better qualified than me.

UrbanFool

I had to turn off this last interview with Hoagland. I've finally decided I just can't stand the man, or stand listening to him.

Kelly

expat

Pareidolia -- yes, that's the phenomenon that Mike Bara says doesn't exist.

He needs to say that to justify his hilariously wrong observations of Moonpix. A 1-mile suare ziggurat, for instance. Astroguy had fun with that one.

Toxicfluid

Not delusiional at all.  He is on the right track.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Toxicfluid on October 13, 2013, 03:27:40 PM
Not delusiional at all.  He is on the right track.

In a derailing 120 mph very heavy train sort of way? Or are you just kidding?

I wish AB would read Expat's site and put some real challenging questions to Hoagland. Granted Art doesn't let him dictate the interview like the sycophant Snoory, but I've not heard him really press home with some of the claptrap Hoagland has spouted.

Such as his disastrous "probability calculations" in which he claimed showed comet Elenin was a hyper-dimensionally shielded space craft with a message for humanity. Elenin of course was a comet and disintegrated into a dust field.

DJE

Animby

Quote from: Binaryspellbook on October 25, 2013, 08:08:51 AM
he claimed showed comet Elenin was a hyper-dimensionally shielded space craft with a message for humanity. Elenin of course was a comet and disintegrated into a dust field.

The problem being, since it disintegrated, we'll never know what the message was. Dang!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Animby on November 02, 2013, 09:37:32 PM
The problem being, since it disintegrated, we'll never know what the message was. Dang!

Hoagland may think it disintegrated to spite him; so he couldn't prove his 'astonishing' findings.

china landed their moon probe, and I'm waiting patiently for the glass dome pictures, the soul catcher glass tower pictures, the crashed spaceship pictures and the mummified remains of a humanoid. Think I'll have a long wait?  ::)

Falkie2013

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on December 15, 2013, 04:50:24 PM
china landed their moon probe, and I'm waiting patiently for the glass dome pictures, the soul catcher glass tower pictures, the crashed spaceship pictures and the mummified remains of a humanoid. Think I'll have a long wait?  ::)

How about this story ? Make yourself $15k for sleeping.

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/nasa-will-pay-you-5000month-to-stay-in-bed/

NASA Will Pay You $5,000/month to Stay in Bed

by Kyle Taylor - February 3, 2011

Finally I’ll have an excuse for lying in bed all day and watching “Law & Order” marathons! The folks over at NASA are paying $5,000 per month to participants of their bed rest study. The study lasts for 87 days and is designed to help them research the effects of zero gravity space travel on the human body.

The study takes place at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX and despite this being a cool way to help the NASA program; this could fatten your bank account by more than $15,000.

The Study

Participants in the study will spend the entire 87 days at the Johnson Space Center. Your job is to simply lie in bed, pass the time and allow the researchers to perform periodic tests on your body. It’s less creepy than it sounds..

From NASA’s website:

“During the (first 15 days) of the study, participants will be free to move around inside the bed rest facility and do normal things. They will also take part in a number of tests to find out the normal state of their bone, muscle, heart and circulatory system, brain and nervous system, and vestibular (inner ear balance) system as well as their nutritional condition and their ability to fight off infections.

After the first 11-15-day period, participants will spend 60 days lying in bed, (except for limited times for specific tests) with their body slightly tilted downward (head down, feet up). Every day, they will be awake for 16 hours and lights out (asleep) for 8 hours. During the bed rest time they will also take part in a number of tests to find out changes in the state of their bone, muscle, heart and circulatory system, and nervous system, as well as their nutritional condition and their ability to fight off infections.”

The final 14 days is a recovery period where they begin the process of helping you regain muscle strength and readjust to a normal life.

What You’ll Do

Once you’ve entered the 60 day bed rest portion of the study, your options to pass the time are, of course, somewhat limited. Every participant is setup with a TV, computer, and video game console. You can also read or spend time with visitors. The researchers suggest that every participant begin the study with a goal so that the time in bed is productive. Learn a foreign language, transcribe War & Peace, beat Pac-man, you get the idea…

All of your meals are provided for and the diet is designed to keep you at your current weight. If 3 months of watching TV and reading magazines didn’t already sound enticing, add not having to cook to that list.

The Requirements

Obviously if you are going to get accepted as a participant than you need to be in good health â€" body and mind. The application suggests that the researchers are looking for participants that resemble the average astronaut’s age and health. That probably excludes those who are, um… mature.

You need to be a non-smoker and able to pass the Air Force Medical Examination.

How to Apply

The initial application can be done online and is pretty easy. The application form requires your contact information and some basic medical history. You can fill out the application here. I also found a great interview at Wired magazine where a researcher answered common questions that prospective applicants had. You can read that here.

What do you think Penny Hoarders? Could you stay in bed for 60 days?

FallenSeraph

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 16, 2013, 01:11:47 AM
How about this story ? Make yourself $15k for sleeping.

http://www.thepennyhoarder.com/nasa-will-pay-you-5000month-to-stay-in-bed/

NASA Will Pay You $5,000/month to Stay in Bed

. . .

What do you think Penny Hoarders? Could you stay in bed for 60 days?

Damn, I feel like I do this anyway these days for free.  :-\

Jackstar

Imagine all the fortune cookie wisdom that would become suddenly more relevant when "-in bed" is added to the end.

Animby

Quote from: Binaryspellbook on October 25, 2013, 08:08:51 AMhe claimed showed comet Elenin was a hyper-dimensionally shielded space craft
DJE

Let's see:
He identified a monstrous "mothership" passing the orbit of Jupiter and heading our way.
He's identified miles high skyscrapers on the moon and inches long apartment blocks on Mars.
Phobos is  artificial!
There's crashed spaceship the size of Manhattan on the dark side of the moon.
And Spaceship Elenin.

Our solar system must be a major alien intersection!

Falkie2013

He can predict all that but can't answer his emails as to whether or not he got my package ?

Guess he's too busy.

>:(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on December 18, 2013, 12:59:05 PM
He can predict all that but can't answer his emails as to whether or not he got my package ?

Guess he's too busy.

>:(

Who would have imagined that Hoagland wouldn't want to correspond with such a icon of broadcasting? Ungrateful wretch that he is..  :(

ziznak

Quote from: Seraphim27 on December 16, 2013, 03:28:16 PM
Damn, I feel like I do this anyway these days for free.  :-\

yup... I've had some loooong periods of downtime in my past as well. 

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Well of course these are moon bases, Nazi moon bases!  Don't you know that the movie "Iron Sky" is an attempt by "They" to condition the people?

Also, it is obvious that the quotes are taken from paid shills for the powers that be:

Dantonio owns a special effects company that often creates imagery and models for the U.S. military forces.

gx2music

Hoagland is unbelievably destructive to what should be an utterly spell bindingly awesome area of science - namely - astronomy and space exploration.

there's some incredible stuff being discovered right now - such as water geysers on Ceres, the asteroid!
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/26/5347762/dwarf-planet-ceres-is-spewing-water-into-space

this is pretty amazing stuff by itself ..   until Hoagland turns up with his crackpot "torsion field" physics and thereby makes anyone interested in space look like a crackpot.

i wish he would just go away. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: gx2music on February 01, 2014, 01:32:38 PM
Hoagland is unbelievably destructive to what should be an utterly spell bindingly awesome area of science - namely - astronomy and space exploration.

there's some incredible stuff being discovered right now - such as water geysers on Ceres, the asteroid!
http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/26/5347762/dwarf-planet-ceres-is-spewing-water-into-space

this is pretty amazing stuff by itself ..   until Hoagland turns up with his crackpot "torsion field" physics and thereby makes anyone interested in space look like a crackpot.

i wish he would just go away.

As you know Hoagland isn't satisfied that we know less than 0.0000000000000000000000000001% about the universe (Probably less).  That it is an incredibly wondrous and technologically fantastic thing that we know what we do, considering that the TV had only been around about five years when Neil Armstrong was born isn't enough for him. No, our Rich has to spin his bollox that a) he has any grounding in science b) has any credibility regarding 'a', c) that he somehow has his finger on the pulse of what 'really' has gone on in NASA (Other space agencies are available) over the last few decades. He's a snake oil salesman, and when one of his 'astonishing revelations' has been shown to be it's usual fantasy, he forgets that one a few weeks later and moves to the next.

Quote from: expat on September 24, 2013, 02:04:48 PM
Today I felt resentful of Hoagland and I LET 'ER RIP.
http://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2013/09/expat-strikes-back.html

I clicked your link expecting my eyes to glaze over but you just totally pwned that clown. That was the awesome sauce.