• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 01:40:00 AM
        Then Phil will go nuts.

Well it has to be made available to the general public somehow.  >:(

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 07, 2013, 01:36:27 AM
OMG, Phil Hendrie just did a long impersonation of Art Bell interviewing General Johnson Jameson about SiriusXM and the General was asking Art why he was leaving Sirius so soon.
The General told Art that Art was the only one that he could talk to about Gremlin Juice and having sex with Art near Area 51! It was freaking hilarious! Phil then spoke at length as himself about Art and Ross Mitchell and about SiriusXM

Nooooooo fucking way!!!! Phil hasn't done an art bell show in forever! My podcast subscription had expired because I didn't have time to listen. He just earned another subscription from me! God DAMN Phil does an incredible Art Bell impersonation. The best part, I think, is the CCrane spoof ads. What's the company called on Phil's Art Bell shows? Peenman Enterprises, I think. Hahaha!!! OK - I'm off to download that shit! Thanks for the heads up - that's AWESOME!

Bigfoot

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:38:13 AM
If Sirius says no, what do you think the reason would be?

It sounds like a win win so far.

On one hand, if Sirius has other program hosts doing essentially the same, I can't see why Bell couldn't go that route as well.

On the other, he only started the show back in what, Aug? Shouldn't these kinds of demands have been worked out beforehand? Sirius might see that this guy will be never-ending headache if he's already causing this amount of drama, and cut their losses early.  That might be what he's hoping for, who knows.  And IF that's the case, he could've spared his fans a bunch of money and angst by using a little foresight.

shell88

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 01:38:12 AM
         Yeah, Art's going to wait a year. BAAAAAAAA! You need a sheep in your avatar.
Well, I don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time. Honestly.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:40:59 AM

Hendrie's yet to grasp that theory.

popple

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:40:59 AM

STREAM IT FROM ARTBELL.COM!!!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: shell88 on November 07, 2013, 01:42:23 AM
Well, I don't think that's an unreasonable amount of time. Honestly.

For most broadcasters, no. Art...that's another story.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Art Bell on November 06, 2013, 10:08:10 PM
I have told Sirius/XM I can go on the air as soon as tomorrow if they wish. Do not get to excited yet. It is now up to them.
As you can see we are ready to do exactly what we said we would do. We are also prepared to deliver to as many as want
it. So, the ball is now in their court. Keith knows what he is doing. Paul is ready and I am ready. All we need is the go ahead
from Sirius.

Art

Sounds awesome!

I apologize to you Art for anything YOU may have read by me that was hurtful. I never ever attacked your family in any of my posts, never. Anyone is free to view my past posts. They were indeed harsh and my criticism and opinions will continue to be that. But I think my reactions are very fair and just considering the weight of this situation and my perceived view that Art acted like an ass and very cowardly. When we all know deep down he is maybe an ass haha but not a coward. Yet he seemed fine just laying down and willing to just give up. At least that is what it appeared to some of us, to me. It was all just handled very poorly and amateurish.

I DO NOT apologize for expressing my opinions and emotions on this 'dark matter'. It would be silly to deny how it makes me feel and how disappointed it was to see Art choose to handle it in this manner. It is so disheartening to witness what happened after the huge build up and then have George ride in looking like a complete winner. So slick and smooth. It was damn shocking to be a part of it all and listen to it happen live on-air.

So yes Art I wanna take a ride... and have always looked forward to those hours each night listening to you and your guests have a discussion.. meanwhile learning so much about the Universe and hearing information/data that we'd never otherwise be exposed to by the mainstream. Art and the shows he provided were and still are essential, perhaps never more so than now, and it would be an utter travesty to go out this way looking like a fool and having Noory and gang have the final say and victory.

But no Art I do not wanna take a ride if your sole purpose of coming back is only to quench your thirst of your never ending desire to crush C2C. It was fun the first couple weeks hearing you say things about C2C and George that a lot of people wished they had the platform to say.. but its getting old and becoming a distraction for the overall progress of Dark Matter. So let's get the job done now instead of just talking about it. Let's beat C2C and have a blast doing it.

Graham Hancock please!

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 07, 2013, 01:42:16 AM
On one hand, if Sirius has other program hosts doing essentially the same, I can't see why Bell couldn't go that route as well.

On the other, he only started the show back in what, Aug? Shouldn't these kinds of demands have been worked out beforehand? Sirius might see that this guy will be never-ending headache if he's already causing this amount of drama, and cut their losses early.  That might be what he's hoping for, who knows.  And IF that's the case, he could've spared his fans a bunch of money and angst by using a little foresight.

Here's another idea: what if by agreeing to art they're at least going to make some more money?

I agree with you about being pissed at bell but I got all that out of my system last night, so, Roswells on the idea art could've made this whole thing a lot easier.

secretlab

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:38:13 AM
If Sirius says no, what do you think the reason would be?

It sounds like a win win so far.
You know, I can't think of any reason why Sirius wouldn't want to save the show, make about the same amount of money, and give Art back the keys to his own show.  They're pretty smart cookies up there in that glass Manhattan penthouse, or so I've heard.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: AppealPlay on November 06, 2013, 09:14:53 PM
I think a great way for Art to monetize his website would be to take donations for guests to not interview.  I'd kick $10 Art's way to never again interview Steven Greer.

Hmmmmm....

shell88

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 01:36:31 AM
       Art certainly is.
Do you have your artistic license?  Hey, I'm just really happy he's trying to come back. For me, for everybody.

Bigfoot

I think something we should all demand to accompany a non-Sirius online stream is a webcam in the studio.  Didn't he have one back in the day?

He could put up something on ustream or whatever.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: shell88 on November 07, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
Do you have your artistic license?  Hey, I'm just really happy he's trying to come back. For me, for everybody.

I see you what you did there.

I have autistic license. I stare into empty fishbowls and talk about the 1976-77 CBS Fall Lineup.

Nighthawk

Look at these Art hating trolls back on here. You guys are posting on the wrong thread. If you hate Art so much why are you even here? Why do you even care? Isn't there another program you should be paying attention to right now? Perhaps they are all just upset that after they turned their back on Art like dogs they are now upset that things are coming around. They are upset that US, the true Bell fans were right all along.

Xtreme1

Phil Hendrie is on now on 1460 AM Redding CA. The show will repeat again at 0100 hrs Pacific on TuneIn Radio.

phrodo

Quote from: AppealPlay on Yesterday at 09:14:53 PM

I think a great way for Art to monetize his website would be to take donations for guests to not interview.  I'd kick $10 Art's way to never again interview Steven Greer.

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 07, 2013, 01:48:12 AM
Hmmmmm....

I'd kick in a twenty if that Nevada UFO kid never gets invited back -- unless it's just to make fun of him.  ;D

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 07, 2013, 01:36:27 AM
OMG, Phil Hendrie just did a long impersonation of Art Bell interviewing General Johnson Jameson about SiriusXM and the General was asking Art why he was leaving Sirius so soon.
The General told Art that Art was the only one that he could talk to about Gremlin Juice and having sex with Art near Area 51! It was freaking hilarious! Phil then spoke at length as himself about Art and Ross Mitchell and about SiriusXM

Oh, WTF, Phil? LOL... I just renewed my subscription and the tonight's show isn't on the web site yet. I wanted a reason to stay up too late! The Chicago police scanner just isn't cuttin' it for me.

Nighthawk

These Art hating trolls are so easy to ID. I mean they don't even know the most basic things about the Dark Matter show. They think it started in August? And the list goes on. My question again. Why are they even here?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 07, 2013, 01:50:56 AM
Look at these Art hating trolls back on here. You guys are posting on the wrong thread. If you hate Art so much why are you even here?

The crossed out words shall be replaced with "Nighthawk". I hate you.

Bigfoot

Look at these Art hating trolls back on here. You guys are posting on the wrong thread. If you hate Art so much why are you even here? Why do you even care? Isn't there another program you should be paying attention to right now? Perhaps they are all just upset that after they turned their back on Art like dogs they are now upset that things are coming around. They are upset that US, the true Bell fans were right all along.

For my part, it's called constructive criticism.  Emphasis on the criticism. 

(Something I'd rather see more of in this situation than "please sir, may I have another?")

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 07, 2013, 01:53:49 AM
it started in August?

If you mean this place's decline, yes it started in August. When you got here.

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 07, 2013, 01:51:17 AM
Phil Hendrie is on now on 1460 AM Redding CA. The show will repeat again at 0100 hrs Pacific on TuneIn Radio.

Thanks, Xtreme!  Phil's impersonations of Art are priceless! 

and what great timing; puts us in a party-on-Art mood!

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 07, 2013, 01:51:17 AM

SWEET! Perfect timing! Thank you! Listening now!

midnight

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:33:37 AM
I did write the book but it was a joke, too. And no, I don't want anyone doing that to bring art bell back, nor do I think it would be effective.

In the past I've speculated George has made a pact with praeternatural and cthonic deities. This also was a joke. I'm sorry if everyone took it seriously. I think Noory's not in kahootz with anything.

Oh my gosh, you're the one who had me scared last night that my two 15-year old cats were going to turn on me with their fangs while I was asleep and gouge my eyes out!  I never once even thought of such a thing before I read what you wrote.  (Actually, it had always been my Chihuahua I was secretly sort of scared of.)  ;)  :o  :)

Quote from: Nighthawk on November 07, 2013, 01:53:49 AM
These Art hating trolls are so easy to ID. I mean they don't even know the most basic things about the Dark Matter show. They think it started in August? And the list goes on. My question again. Why are they even here?

They're obviously time traveling CIA disinformation agents from the future where Earth has been overrun by the reptilian-beetle-human hybrids that the Grays have been engineering.

kingdomofsigh

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 06, 2013, 11:13:25 PM
Universal is kind of strange in that they have this huge library of shows and release them with no obvious pattern.
Name was a show that didn't quite fit into a niche and the LA: 2017 episode with Gene Barry just cries out for DVD/Blu Ray release considering it was directed by Spielberg.
They have released Probe, the pilot for Search, which does have a small fan base, and may release the whole series if there's enough interest. The show had the bad luck to come on during the 1972 energy crisis and both NBC and KRON tv here kept pre-empting it for shows on the energy crisis, something I'd not seen a network do to a new show in its first airing before.

Probe title sequence 1972

The name of the game 3 x 16 L A 2017 pte 1

I'm a big fan of Duel and never heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing!

Catsmile

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 07, 2013, 01:50:17 AM
I think something we should all demand to accompany a non-Sirius online stream is a webcam in the studio.  Didn't he have one back in the day?

He could put up something on ustream or whatever.

Fuck. Let him be back on the air longer than he teased and fluffed us first, then maybe MAYBE try fur fancy video gadgets. I could care less if he does video YMMV.

shell88

Yep.  They come in here late at night all sexually frustrated and angry cause they can't get laid.
Geez ::)

popple

I agree. C2C started over 2 hours ago. They've already missed 15 minutes of show content!! Hurry on over.