• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Grifynne

Quote from: Faustina on May 07, 2018, 01:40:38 PM
Okay, I'm backing off on my prediction it could be Micah Hanks.  Since Noory knows of the new MITD host, it can't be just a podcaster.

I suspect that Micah is way too busy. The guy is always on the move, he goes to events, does the Gralien Report and Middle Theory, plus I believe he has some kind of a day job.

morgana213

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 01:32:01 PM
What are you wearing?
Heh!  For some reason this reminded me of time I was dancing to a band at a night club. I was right in front of them just dancing away when I noticed they were all looking at me. I thought "wow, I must be dancing really good."  I just kept at it until I looked down and realized my top had rolled down (it was a tube top) and they were staring at my boobs. OMG! What could I do, but pull it up and continue dancing.   :o

Catsmile

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 07:27:31 AM
There will definitely be a new thread.  The question is... does this one get renamed?

#   Art Killed The Podcasting Star Heather Wade  #ArtsLegacy

#   Wading Through The Wad @ Midnight   #ArtsLegacy

#   It's NOT About ME - Heather Wade

#  This Thread Is NOT About Me, Heather Wade

#   Arts Legacy Spiraling Into The Desert With Heather Wade

#   Whatcha' Gonna Do When Ur Sugar Daddy Leaves You Heather Wade

#   Stuck In Nye Struggling To Podcast From The Cuck Shack Heather Wade

#   Stuck In Nye Hoping My Broom Will Fly With Heather Wade

#   A Ghoul Tries To Profit From Arts Legacy Heather Wade

#   Sycophant Circus & Silliness With Heather Wade. <Arts Legacy Edition>

#   Look @ The Shit Show This Turned Out To Be With Heather Wade

#   Arts Legacy With Heather Wade. <Kool-Aid Edition>

#   Arts Legacy With Heather Wade. <Kook-Aid Edition>

ItsOver

What the hell.  Way to go, Dave!  "Giddy-up!"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 07, 2018, 01:20:14 PM

When Hoagland told me that story privately, I said he had to tell that on the air. Definitely a highlight.

It was a huge struggle. It was a constant battle of will people be into this? “This ain’t what I’m known for, and I’m RCH I want this to be about me” mixed with/let’s try something new and different and wild. And have people on that no one has ever heard of before but have some awesome stuff to talk about that’s in the wheel house of interests. And to his credit he was game for a lot of things that I didn’t expect him to be and once the emails started coming from listeners about how much they loved what was happening he was open to even more ideas.

He could be a lot of fun to brainstorm with tbh and a lot of the ideas I would throw out to him he would have his own unique spins on them. Some ideas though took a ton of convincing to get him to go for.

The funniest thing about it was that when Hoagland would step out of his comfort zone, he could transform into a top notch engaged interviewer and conversationalist. But only if he wanted to be.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: morgana213 on May 07, 2018, 02:05:10 PM
Heh!  For some reason this reminded me of time I was dancing to a band at a night club. I was right in front of them just dancing away when I noticed they were all looking at me. I thought "wow, I must be dancing really good."  I just kept at it until I looked down and realized my top had rolled down (it was a tube top) and they were staring at my boobs. OMG! What could I do, but pull it up and continue dancing.   :o
LMFAO!!

timebandit

#Heather holds her head so high
#Like a statue in the sky
#Her arms are wicked, and her legs are long
#When she moves my brain screams out this song

ItsOver

Fixed.

Dyna-X

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 01:22:12 PM
Often times people with borderline personality disorder do this. But don't take my word for it, you can start here...

People with Borderline Personality Disorder tend to view the world in terms of black-and-white, or all-or-nothing thinking. Their tendency to see the world in black-or-white (polarized) terms makes it easy for them to misinterpret the actions and motivations of others.

https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/dsm-5-the-ten-personality-disorders-cluster-b/
Quote from: a is jump on May 07, 2018, 01:33:24 PM
I think a great example of this is when she shouted down a caller and went on a long rant because she didn't understand his point. The caller had been a regular since Art's show. He was an American ex-pat living in Switzerland who made the not-too-terribly-inflammatory statement that Americans are less engaged in civics than the Swiss are, on the whole, which is why American politics has become such a clusterfuck.

Heather somehow interpreted that to mean that he said "Americans are dumber than the Swiss," and she dumped the call and talked shit on him for a minute or two. He never called back after that night.

This was around the time of the Vegas shooting, if I recall correctly. Heather making all sorts of bizarre political statements around that time, some of which were so intellectually empty and gross that I almost dropped my subscription.

That seems to be the pattern, a slow shedding of listeners with a mighty crash at present. She probably thinks we all hate her. I just hope she gets help. Resuming her natural voice from 2015 and early 2016 wouldn't hurt either (if that was her natural voice, I'm not entirely sure what is real.)

In the meantime, looking forward to tonight with kind of a jaded and slightly tarnished optimism. There are not really any radio Gods, just hosts and shows that are more listenable than others for a myriad of reasons.

ItsOver

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 07, 2018, 02:07:30 PM
The funniest thing about it was that when Hoagland would step out of his comfort zone, he could transform into a top notch engaged interviewer and conversationalist. But only if he wanted to be.
SR must have thought he was serving as an intern at Bellevue.  ;) :D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: morgana213 on May 07, 2018, 02:10:10 PM
I know...right?
;D

It sort of reminds me of the time I was doing summersaults in the pool, and my dad was there. I was about 11-12? Had on the worst swimsuit ever. Basically a full piece with elastic to hold up the top half. I came up out of the water, and my dad just kept pointing..  and saying things like “er, your, uh..”. I was mortified. I guess at least it wasn’t a pool full of kids.. that came later. In junior high. See-through swimsuit nobody warned me about. :-X SMDH

Robert

Quote from: morgana213 on May 07, 2018, 02:05:10 PMHeh!  For some reason this reminded me of time I was dancing to a band at a night club. I was right in front of them just dancing away when I noticed they were all looking at me. I thought "wow, I must be dancing really good."  I just kept at it until I looked down and realized my top had rolled down (it was a tube top) and they were staring at my boobs. OMG! What could I do, but pull it up and continue dancing.   :o
Never you mind.  Breasts are pretty.

morgana213

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 02:13:40 PM
;D

It sort of reminds me of the time I was doing summersaults in the pool, and my dad was there. I was about 11-12? Had on the worst swimsuit ever. Basically a full piece with elastic to hold up the top half. I came up out of the water, and my dad just kept pointing..  and saying things like “er, your, uh..”. I was mortified. I guess at least it wasn’t a pool full of kids.. that came later. In junior high. See-through swimsuit nobody warned me about. :-X SMDH
OMG!!!!!   ;D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: morgana213 on May 07, 2018, 02:16:35 PM
OMG!!!!!   ;D
A boy came over and reached into my suit and grabbed me. :-X >:(

Boys.. ::)

Pizzapunch

Lasha may make me ashamed to be human

morgana213

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 02:19:59 PM

Seriously!? Impulse control NOT. 

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 07, 2018, 01:20:14 PM

When Hoagland told me that story privately, I said he had to tell that on the air. Definitely a highlight.

It was a huge struggle. It was a constant battle of will people be into this? “This ain’t what I’m known for, and I’m RCH I want this to be about me” mixed with/let’s try something new and different and wild. And have people on that no one has ever heard of before but have some awesome stuff to talk about that’s in the wheel house of interests. And to his credit he was game for a lot of things that I didn’t expect him to be and once the emails started coming from listeners about how much they loved what was happening he was open to even more ideas.

He could be a lot of fun to brainstorm with tbh and a lot of the ideas I would throw out to him he would have his own unique spins on them. Some ideas though took a ton of convincing to get him to go for.
Thanks so much for the backstory, Rossy; love it.   Your absence from the show is plainly felt.   

morgana213

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 07, 2018, 02:21:31 PM
She's just upset that Bellgabbers wouldn't take her shit.  8)

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 02:19:59 PM

is he a current bellgabber?

GravitySucks

There was an another option that had one less step. Just sayin.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 02:27:32 PM
Probably.

it was i who grabbed you. i feel ashamed. will you ever forgive me?

Dyna-X

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 07, 2018, 02:21:31 PM

How can she be in a position to solicit views about the new MITD from big station owners when she couldn't get the old MITD to the PDs on the said "big stations"?

popple

Lasha thinks Heather created the MITD format?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: popple on May 07, 2018, 02:32:20 PM
Lasha thinks Heather created the MITD format?

She knows jack fucking shit. about any of it. But it’s funny how she thinks she does. ::)