• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Taaroa

I wonder if that's the same maker as the one who did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnPum8W92kI
(I have seen this film)

TigerLily

San Diego. Whose motto is "America's Most Beautiful City". Just don't go in the water. Or breathe  :'(

After more than 100,000 gallons of sewage seeped into Mission Bay Sunday, San Diego County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) officials announced Thursday they are extending the water closure farther north to prevent anyone from getting sick.
A landslide in Tecolote Canyon broke a main sewer line in the area, adjacent to Mt. Ashmun Drive. The break caused 108,000 gallons of contaminated water to flow into the Tecolote Creek and the eastern part of Mission Bay.

IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) â€" For more than two weeks, a stench of feces, ammonium and laundry detergent wafted through the air in the southwestern corner of the continental United States. Residents who contacted government offices got no answers. Finally, a U.S. official released a report that sparked a furious reaction: sewer repair work in Tijuana, Mexico, caused an estimated 143 million gallons to spill into the United States and the Pacific Ocean for 18 days. A Mexican official challenged those findings on Friday after a week of public uproar.

starrmtn001

Hi, Sister TigerLily.

This is so sad for me too.  When I was a child, my mom and I would often drive to San Diego and take the ferry to Coronado where her sister and family lived.  My Uncle Ken was stationed at the Naval port there.

As a side note, while he was stationed there, my mom and I got the grand tour of any ships currently under his command.  I've been aboard an aircraft carrier, a battleship and, yes, even a submarine.  All really, really cool stuff for a kid to do, and an Olde Phart to remember.

As for remembering, I see in the background of your first pic, Hotel Del Coronado.  When I was 12 years old, my mom, my cousin Deb, and I were on the beach there, at the breakwater, where we discovered a family of sea otters playing in rocks.  I'll always remember that moment.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 04, 2017, 01:58:07 PM
Hi, Sister TigerLily.

This is so sad for me too.  When I was a child, my mom and I would often drive to San Diego and take the ferry to Coronado where her sister and family lived.  My Uncle Ken was stationed at the Naval port there.

As a side note, while he was stationed there, my mom and I got the grand tour of any ships currently under his command.  I've been aboard an aircraft carrier, a battleship and, yes, even a submarine.  All really, really cool stuff for a kid to do, and an Olde Phart to remember.

As for remembering, I see in the background of your first pic, Hotel Del Coronado.  When I was 12 years old, my mom, my cousin Deb, and I were on the beach there, at the breakwater, where we discovered a family of sea otters playing in rocks.  I'll always remember that moment.

It's probably a La Raza initiative and she most likely proud of it.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 04, 2017, 01:58:07 PM
Hi, Sister TigerLily.

Coronado and Mission Bay are two of my favorite beaches  :'(  . Happens every time we get a big rain.
I'm usually happy when it rains  :'(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GpBFOJ3R0M4

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on March 04, 2017, 02:15:53 PM
Coronado and Mission Bay are two of my favorite beaches  :'(  . Happens every time we get a big rain.
I'm usually happy when it rains  :'(

Your sorrow is about as sincere as your respect for our military is, which is to say not at all.  What a pathetic creep! ::)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 04, 2017, 02:18:12 PM
Your sorrow is about as sincere as your respect for our military is, which is to say not at all.  What a pathetic creep! ::)
I have no right to tell you what to say or how to say it.  But, this ^, still makes me sad.  Sorry, my friend, but it does.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 04, 2017, 02:33:01 PM
I have no right to tell you what to say or how to say it.  But, this ^, still makes me sad.  Sorry, my friend, but it does.

I like you but I don't care because she's a piece of shit and you know it.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 04, 2017, 02:34:35 PM
I like you but I don't care because she's a piece of shit and you know it.  ;)
I know that she's a cool dudette whose political views differ greatly from mine.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 04, 2017, 02:55:48 PM
I know that she's a cool dudette whose political views differ greatly from mine.

This "cool dudette" would like nothing better than to tear the country you seem to love apart and start over with you as the migrant worker. No thanks!  :D

zeebo

Quote from: StarrMountain® 2010 on March 04, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

This is pretty close to how I would have put it.  Btw I grew up in S.D., used to dream of having a beach shack in PB or OB.  Was a great place to hang out as a kid, but times have really changed and what was once a kinda over-sized sleepy beach town is now a huge metropolis like L.A., with all its associated issues.  Dammit though, I still miss Roberto's friggin rolled tacos w/ guac.

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 03:38:21 PM
This is pretty close to how I would have put it.  Btw I grew up in S.D., used to dream of having a beach shack in PB or OB.  Was a great place to hang out as a kid, but times have really changed and what was once a kinda over-sized sleepy beach town is now a huge metropolis like L.A., with all its associated issues.  Dammit though, I still miss Roberto's friggin rolled tacos w/ guac.

Hey! Still love their rolled tacos and guac. We used go there after margaritas and dancing. Back when we used to close the bars. Only place maybe better is El Indio

Thank you and Starr for your tolerance of my evil ways. Much love

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on March 04, 2017, 05:01:31 PM
Hey! Still love their rolled tacos and guac. We used go there after margaritas and dancing. Back when we used to close the bars. Only place maybe better is El Indio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Equ42IOqExQ

JesusJuice

We're coming, DR MD MD. We are going to take back our part of the country.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 04, 2017, 05:19:18 PM
We're come, DR MD MD. We are going to take back our part of the country.

Bring it, faggot! I'm ready.  ;)

GravitySucks

I never would have guessed you could find good tacos in South Dakota.

mikuthing01

Quote from: JesusJuice💯👌👏 on March 04, 2017, 05:19:18 PM
We're coming, DR MD MD. We are going to take back our part of the country.

Do all Mexicans hate pita flatbread?

zeebo

Hey! Still love their rolled tacos and guac. We used go there after margaritas and dancing....

They were so popular in my day, that several clones popped up.  They looked almost identical, with the same menus too.  I remember a Jilberto's and even being fooled once by a tricky Royberto's.  Que lastima!

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on March 04, 2017, 06:29:24 PM
They were so popular in my day, that several clones popped up.  They looked almost identical, with the same menus too.  I remember a Jilberto's and even being fooled once by a tricky Royberto's.  Que lastima!

Some of those are still around I think. But those in the know know. Y'know?

the_Stranger

Quote from: TigerLily on March 04, 2017, 01:45:40 PM
San Diego. Whose motto is "America's Most Beautiful City". Just don't go in the water. Or breathe  :'(

After more than 100,000 gallons of sewage seeped into Mission Bay Sunday, San Diego County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) officials announced Thursday they are extending the water closure farther north to prevent anyone from getting sick.
A landslide in Tecolote Canyon broke a main sewer line in the area, adjacent to Mt. Ashmun Drive. The break caused 108,000 gallons of contaminated water to flow into the Tecolote Creek and the eastern part of Mission Bay.

IMPERIAL BEACH, Calif. (AP) â€" For more than two weeks, a stench of feces, ammonium and laundry detergent wafted through the air in the southwestern corner of the continental United States. Residents who contacted government offices got no answers. Finally, a U.S. official released a report that sparked a furious reaction: sewer repair work in Tijuana, Mexico, caused an estimated 143 million gallons to spill into the United States and the Pacific Ocean for 18 days. A Mexican official challenged those findings on Friday after a week of public uproar.

In another life I spent quite a bit of time in Mission Bay.
Beautiful area.
Bet the cost of living is probably as high as LA these days.
Ate too much Jack-in-the-Box down at the boardwalk, too.

I just found out superseded is spelled with two s's (esses?  dang).

All my life I've been spelling it superceded, because that's what looks right.  It's the Mandela Effect all over again

b_dubb

I'm just going to binge watch X-Files and pretend Bill Clinton is POTUS

jazmunda

Quote from: b_dubb on March 06, 2017, 09:18:11 PM

Bill was good at grabbing that pussy. Too soon?

Dr. MD MD

You mean the guy who repealed Glass-Stiegel and bombed the shit out of Yugoslavia. Great choice! Who's your encore? Nixon?  ::)

Please! I liked it better when everyone was corrupt but no one could prove it!  :'(

Disturbing stuff, enjoy!

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 06, 2017, 08:54:44 PM
I just found out superseded is spelled with two s's (esses?  dang).

All my life I've been spelling it superceded, because that's what looks right.  It's the Mandela Effect all over again

That is a dilemna. I have always spelled it with a c and will continue to do so in spite of your attempts to nullify the work of all the nuns that taught me proper spelling.

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/supercede