• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Ciardelo

Q: Did you hear about the fire in University of Texas's football dorm that destroyed 20 books?
A: The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet.

Ciardelo

Q: Why did Forrest Gump choose 'Bama over UT?
A: He wanted an academic challenge!

BobGrau

BobGrau

Shit, this place is going to be ten years old next year.

Juan

Quote from: BobGrau on January 21, 2017, 07:12:46 PM
And George Noory still sucks.

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on January 21, 2017, 07:12:46 PM

Is it too late for an abortion?

coaster

Contracted to work on a house today. Had to take loads to the dump first. Found a shitload of boxes, pyramids high, in the basement. Told to haul em to he dump. Started opening them. Contract says i can keep anything that hauls. Each box, each part is between 100 to 800 dollars in the one room. Some sort of machinery shit. Sealed. Buddy said probably over 10k in one room alone. Three rooms. All with different shit.
Everything from printers and office supplies to motors and shit for cars. I have no fucking idea how to sell anything other than on craigslist, but i am sitting on the biggest fucking paycheck i ever saw. Hard work and gumption. Fell upon a fucking gold mine.

Luka Megurine

Quote from: coaster on January 23, 2017, 07:56:59 PM
Contracted to work on a house today. Had to take loads to the dump first. Found a shitload of boxes, pyramids high, in the basement. Told to haul em to he dump. Started opening them. Contract says i can keep anything that hauls. Each box, each part is between 100 to 800 dollars in the one room. Some sort of machinery shit. Sealed. Buddy said probably over 10k in one room alone. Three rooms. All with different shit.
Everything from printers and office supplies to motors and shit for cars. I have no fucking idea how to sell anything other than on craigslist, but i am sitting on the biggest fucking paycheck i ever saw. Hard work and gumption. Fell upon a fucking gold mine.

Is it really old antique type car stuff or newer?

$210/night. No bathroom or walls. 

This stunning 'hotel room' in the Swiss Alps has no walls

QuoteOne open-air hotel, called Null Stern, eliminates walls and a roof altogether. Located in the middle of the Swiss Alps, it only features a bed with linens.

In German, the hotel's name translates to "zero stars."

"The star is not the hotel but each guest," the hotel's co-founder, Daniel Charbonnier, tells Business Insider. "We got rid of all the walls, and the only thing left is you and your experience."  more...

Congrats! It's about time you caught a break.

Quote from: Radio Activity on January 23, 2017, 08:27:35 PM
$210/night. No bathroom or walls. 

I might consider it if they paid me $210.

I wonder if I could get away doing that in my back yard and calling an Air B&B? Heck, I'd even put a porta potty out there so they guests wouldn't have to walk five minutes to the nearest public restroom and let them use the hose for washing up.

albrecht

You can look stuff on Ebay or if car and machine parts on websites devoted to them and see what the 'market' is showing. CL is good but if worth stuff or rare I think it is better to look outside the immediate area (you can stipulate buyer pays shipping etc.) Also if box looks unopened or has manifest/paperwork attached that can be even better because "never opened or used" etc. Good luck and good find.

albrecht

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 23, 2017, 08:48:03 PM
I might consider it if they paid me $210.

I wonder if I could get away doing that in my back yard and calling an Air B&B? Heck, I'd even put a porta potty out there so they guests wouldn't have to walk five minutes to the nearest public restroom and let them use the hose for washing up.
It does come with a butler. For that price to stay in a beautiful countryside in the Swiss Alps and have the butler? Worth it, even if I'm bringing my tent. Have the butler wash and change the oil in my car, fetch me beer, bring me young frauleins after their milking barn duties, keep out the "refugees," maybe even make him play me a Riccola horn melody on the horn while I drunkenly yodel, etc. A great time! For only USD $210? That amount of money won't go far in Switzerland anywhere else than here, I can tell you! Frankly I don't think they LET you into Switzerland is you only had $210 in your wallet. Beautiful country though. A close second to my favorite (ignoring the USA- of course!)

Quote from: albrecht on January 23, 2017, 09:12:38 PM
It does come with a butler. For that price to stay in a beautiful countryside in the Swiss Alps and have the butler? Worth it, even if I'm bringing my tent. Have the butler wash and change the oil in my car, fetch me beer, bring me young frauleins after their milking barn duties, keep out the "refugees," maybe even make him play me a Riccola horn melody on the horn while I drunkenly yodel, etc. A great time! For only USD $210? That amount of money won't go far in Switzerland anywhere else than here, I can tell you! Frankly I don't think they LET you into Switzerland is you only had $210 in your wallet. Beautiful country though. A close second to my favorite (ignoring the USA- of course!)

I'd be more inclined to do it if I had a nice tent instead of a bed that's outside and unprotected from the elements. A friend has done several nature safaris in Africa and it sounds like the tents at some of the camps are pretty swanky. I imagine the star gazing would be pretty spectacular, but otherwise you wouldn't be able to appreciate the scenic countryside at night. And I have no doubt the butler could procure "milkmaids" or frauleins in any other type of picturesque traditional garb for a reasonable consideration.  ;)

Ciardelo

Nice! I don't have much to add except Craigslist might not be the best way to go. You'll get all sorts of strange people coming to your (garage assumably) (home--worse) and they might come back later to help themselves. I've done tons of deals on eBay though.

Car parts? Maybe contact somebody in a local auto club, officer of the club preferable.
Printer/Computer parts? Same deal (computer club) but tech goes obsolete fast. Maybe a national audience on eBay would be better for rare items.

If you need help with shipping ULine is good for boxes (bubble wrap, scales and shit you can get off of eBay). Good Luck! If you're near Tulsa, I can help, free of charge to set up your seller account and help you find buyers. Good Luck!

This one's for zeebo and the other BG SCTV fans. If you listen to her with your eyes closed, she sounds like Andrea Martin doing Edna Boil.

"So come on down to Tex and Edna Boil's Medical Malpractice Compensation Warehouse and Curio Emporium for all your Badlands needs. Isn't that right Tex?"

https://vimeo.com/183686500

Ciardelo

New Yorkers are weird about their crappy Chinese food.

Caruthers612

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 24, 2017, 02:09:57 AM
This one's for zeebo and the other BG SCTV fans. If you listen to her with your eyes closed, she sounds like Andrea Martin doing Edna Boil.

"So come on down to Tex and Edna Boil's Medical Malpractice Compensation Warehouse and Curio Emporium for all your Badlands needs. Isn't that right Tex?"

https://vimeo.com/183686500

First of all, what strange timing, because as it happens I just started watching the old SCTV episodes again last night on YouTube. They're all there. That was a formative influence on me, which explains much. And thanks for reminding me of Ed & Edna. As for the blonde lady, you really have to admire these professional announcers; they can take a long copy filled with strange and nearly unpronounceable jargon that sounds like (is) complete gibberish, and deliver it as the most natural sounding, fluid monologue you ever heard. I myself would trip over the words, fart and start wobbling.

Zoo

If all goes well in 99 days I will be free to hit the streets!!1

BobGrau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0GtpEd8ZsI&t=0s

The good news is pretty obvious, the bad news is he's on Sirius. Then again, he probably has some idea of how to get on with people.

Quote from: Caruthers612 on January 24, 2017, 07:19:39 PM
       First of all, what strange timing, because as it happens I just started watching the old SCTV episodes again last night on YouTube. They're all there. That was a formative influence on me, which explains much. And thanks for reminding me of Ed & Edna. As for the blonde lady, you really have to admire these professional announcers; they can take a long copy filled with strange and nearly unpronounceable jargon that sounds like (is) complete gibberish, and deliver it as the most natural sounding, fluid monologue you ever heard. I myself would trip over the words, fart and start wobbling.

Do you have a link to the entire episodes, because I can't find them. Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about the spokespeople having to recite all that medical jargon, too.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 26, 2017, 02:28:08 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4159368/Russian-roulette-TASERS-latest-hipster-trend.html
I posted this before:
You ever play the "car battery game" in Ol' Mexico? I recall the thing look like it was more hooked up a car battery in a wooden box with a dial and we would bet each other who could hold on to the metal rods longer (and sometimes the "operator" would ditch out with the cash) but lots of cerveza and mescal so details murky. Apparently they are actually a series of regular batteries (which would make more sense since sometimes kids were carrying them around.)  A bizarre thing, I wasn't aware it is now often a "feature" at Mexican weddings and is enjoying more popularity!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3019323/Last-night-real-buzz-shocking-drinking-game-seeing-surge-Mexican-bars-party-goers-electrocuted-scream.html
A taser adds a new element and, I think, more safety than batteries? (less Amps?) But seems less about "endurance" but more of the "Russian Roulette" randomness, which is stupid. No skill or boasting from simple luck, except, I guess, being crazy?

GravitySucks

Never have tried it and don't think I will. Me and electricity called a truce back in my youth.