• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 12:55:11 PM
I knew we'd eventually be on common ground. Bravo.  ;D

Doesn't even understand the difference between a declaration and a question.  ::)

Here's a hint for you, pud: Questions have one of these (?) at the end.  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 12:56:40 PM
Hmm....I wonder why the White House wouldn't want to cooperate with a legal investigation into possible criminal activity by former Trump appointee?

March 10, 2017 -
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/white-house-trump-unaware-of-flynns-foreign-agent-work.html

Today -
Chaffetz: No evidence Flynn followed the law

House Oversight Committee members Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) and Elijah Cummings (D-MD) say former national security adviser Michael Flynn may have broken the law by not disclosing payments from Russia and could be subject to time in prison

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/04/25/elijah-cummings-jason-chaffetz-michael-flynn-broke-law-sot-ath.cnn

White House blocks Flynn document request

The White House has informed a US congressional committee that it will not comply with a request to release documents related to a former aide. It rebuffed a request by the House Oversight Committee, which is probing payments received by former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39710527

OH, LOOK!!!...Obama might be gay!!  😂

The WH won't cooperate because: a) it might reveal they hadn't done sufficient vetting of Flynn before giving him the job of NSA or, b) They did vet him but gave him the job anyway.

Either looks shoddy at best the latter simply grossly incompetent/complicit. And Trump can't look shoddy..no sirree bubb. He'd throw a tantrum. Be fun to see how Spicer fields that one.  ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2017, 01:01:37 PM
Doesn't even understand the difference between a declaration and a question.  ::)

Here's a hint for you, pud: Questions have one of these (?) at the end.  :D

Much?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 01:01:50 PM
The WH won't cooperate because: a) it might reveal they hadn't done sufficient vetting of Flynn before giving him the job of NSA or, b) They did vet him but gave him the job anyway.

Either looks shoddy at best the latter simply grossly incompetent/complicit. And Trump can't look shoddy..no sirree bubb. He'd throw a tantrum. Be fun to see how Spicer firlds that one.  ;D

The only thing that looks shoddy around here is your hackneyed attempts to attack Trump for any and everything on a daily basis.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 01:02:50 PM
Much?

Not even close.  ::)

Just pointing out what a complete moron you are that you can't even follow your own train of thought. Trump's sexuality is threatening to you in someway, pud?  :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2017, 01:04:25 PM
The only thing that looks shoddy around here is your hackneyed attempts to attack Trump for any and everything on a daily basis.  ::)

Oh? Is that what you think son? I'm hurt now. But wasn't it you that turned on Trump? Yeah, I believe so.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 25, 2017, 01:06:24 PM
Not even close.  ::)

Just pointing out what a complete moron you are that you can't even follow your own train of thought. Trump's sexuality is threatening to you in someway, pud?  :D

Nope, is it to you? Are you also Putin's bitch? Have a pussy?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 01:06:53 PM
Oh? Is that what you think son? I'm hurt now. But wasn't it you that turned on Trump? Yeah, I believe so.

Being a free thinker and not a slavish ideologue, like you, I'm able to criticize my leader even if I voted for him.  ;)

I get that you only do Romper Room politics though so back to your polemical demagoguery then. Something about Russia, was it?! ::)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 12:56:40 PM
Hmm....I wonder why the White House wouldn't want to cooperate with a legal investigation into possible criminal activity by former national security Trump appointee?

White House blocks Flynn document request

The White House has informed a US congressional committee that it will not comply with a request to release documents related to a former aide. It rebuffed a request by the House Oversight Committee, which is probing payments received by former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39710527

Did you read the article?

The oversight panel wanted to see his application for security clearance before he joined the White House administration in January.
But the White House referred the request to the Defence Department.
White House legislative affairs director Marc Short said in a letter on 19 April that he would be "unable to accommodate" the request because it relates to Mr Flynn's actions before joining the White House.

I don't know the details...
Mr Flynn received more than $33,000 (£25,700) from Russian broadcaster RT for giving a speech at its Moscow gala. He was seated at a table next to the Russian president.

But it seems unclear on whether or not accepting money from Russian broadcasters is really illegal.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meatie Pie on April 25, 2017, 09:59:11 AM
Scowling ignoramus.

"Scowling Ignoramus."  In the absence of context I can only assume that you are considering this as a new user name.  It's not bad but something like "Leftist Twinkie" would be more descriptive.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 01:18:11 PM

Mr Flynn received more than $33,000 (£25,700) from Russian broadcaster RT for giving a speech at its Moscow gala. He was seated at a table next to the Russian president.

But it seems unclear on whether or not accepting money from Russian broadcasters is really illegal.

So if there's nothing illegal about Flynn's activities, Trump should have nothing to worry about and I'm sure he will be happy to cooperate with the investigation.

In 2015, Flynn received about $45,000 for attending Russian state TV network RT’s gala dinner in Moscow, where he sat next to Russian president Vladimir Putin. He also received$530,000 for consulting work that likely benefited the Turkish government while working as a top adviser to Trump’s presidential campaign.

“As a former military officer, you simply cannot take money from Russia, Turkey or anybody else,” Chaffetz said. “And it appears as if he did take that money, it was inappropriate and there are repercussions for a violation of law.”

Cummings called it “simply unacceptable” that the White House had refused to comply with the committee’s information request but stopped short of saying that the administration was blocking its investigation.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/25/michael-flynn-russia-payment-house-panel-investigation

Quote from: Spy on April 25, 2017, 06:46:24 AM
A conman named Trump comes to town in this 1958 western and tells the people only he can save them from the end of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1D2ynASqe4

A bit of a silly show but gotta laugh with references to suing and building a wall.  Nice find.

albrecht

The oversight panel wanted to see his application for security clearance before he joined the White House administration in January.
But the White House referred the request to the Defence Department.
White House legislative affairs director Marc Short said in a letter on 19 April that he would be "unable to accommodate" the request because it relates to Mr Flynn's actions before joining the White House.

I'm not sure why it would be? Maybe unsavory to some but not sure why it would be illegal. The Clintons, just to name some, make a lot of money speaking before all kinds of people, including foreigners of various types. Hollywood takes in much $$ both in investments and in sales from foreign entities. Obama's FCC encouraged foreign ownership and investment in US-based media companies:
“Review of Foreign Ownership Policies for Broadcast, Common Carrier and Aeronautical Radio Licensees under Section 310(b)(4) of the Communications Act of 1934, as Amended.”
And, of course, the Gore/Al Jazzera fiasco that ultimately failed but made him a lot of money.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/11/14/the-next-rupert-murdoch-wont-have-to-change-his-citizenship-to-rule-the-tv-biz/
http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-fcc-plans-sale-of-u-s-media-to-foreigners/

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 01:30:54 PM
So if there's nothing illegal about Flynn's activities, Trump should have nothing to worry about and I'm sure he will be happy to cooperate with the investigation.

In 2015, Flynn received about $45,000 for attending Russian state TV network RT’s gala dinner in Moscow, where he sat next to Russian president Vladimir Putin. He also received$530,000 for consulting work that likely benefited the Turkish government while working as a top adviser to Trump’s presidential campaign.

“As a former military officer, you simply cannot take money from Russia, Turkey or anybody else,” Chaffetz said. “And it appears as if he did take that money, it was inappropriate and there are repercussions for a violation of law.”

Cummings called it “simply unacceptable” that the White House had refused to comply with the committee’s information request but stopped short of saying that the administration was blocking its investigation.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/25/michael-flynn-russia-payment-house-panel-investigation

From the article you posted earlier, it said they referred them to the DoD. Doesn't seem like they "blocked" anything.

Have you ever applied for a security clearance?   The last two times I did, I submitted the paperwork directly to the Defense Investigative Service. I was given a blank application and a preaddressed envelope to seal it up in. My employer did not get a copy of the application. They only get a yes/no answer after the background check.

Lt.Uhura

There's more...

Michael Flynn Was Paid by Russian-Linked Firms, Letter Shows

That summer [2015], according to an invoice included with the letters, Mr. Flynn also received $11,250 from a Russian cargo airline named Volga-Dnepr Airlines.
According to Mr. Cummings’s letter, the company came under United Nations scrutiny after allegations of bribery surfaced involving two Russian officials serving at the United Nations. As part of that investigation, the United Nations removed the company in 2007 from its approved list of vendors, the letter said.

In October 2015, Mr. Flynn was paid another $11,250 by the firm, Kaspersky Government Security Solutions, which was founded by Eugene Kaspersky. Mr. Kaspersky’s Moscow-based Kaspersky Lab has long been suspected of having ties to Russian intelligence services. He studied cryptography at a high school run by the K.G.B. and Soviet Defense Ministry, and later worked for the Russian military.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/politics/michael-flynn-russia-paid-trip.html

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 25, 2017, 01:32:37 PM
A bit of a silly show but gotta laugh with references to suing and building a wall.  Nice find.
Ha. Walls have always been a fun thing and often a boondoggle but sometimes still a good thing to have. For those unfamiliar there is a great Norse myth that involves wall building, trickery, and horse sex, of a sort.
Fortification of Asgard
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/ice/coo/coo03.htm

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2017, 01:39:44 PM
I'm not sure why it would be? Maybe unsavory to some but not sure why it would be illegal. The Clintons, just to name some, make a lot of money speaking before all kinds of people, including foreigners of various types. Hollywood takes in much $$ both in investments and in sales from foreign entities. Obama's FCC encouraged foreign ownership and investment in US-based media companies:
“Review of Foreign Ownership Policies for Broadcast, Common Carrier and Aeronautical Radio Licensees under Section 310(b)(4) of the Communications Act of 1934, as Amended.”
And, of course, the Gore/Al Jazzera fiasco that ultimately failed but made him a lot of money.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2013/11/14/the-next-rupert-murdoch-wont-have-to-change-his-citizenship-to-rule-the-tv-biz/
http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas-fcc-plans-sale-of-u-s-media-to-foreigners/

Clinton accepts $28 million from Morrocco to try to get Lisa Jackson of the EPA to shut down a US competitor in the phosphate mining business, when Lisa Jackson leaves the EPA under her own email scandal, and then goes to work for the Clinton Foundation and no one bats an eye.

I guess is is different when you label yourself as the "Senator from Punjab".

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 01:07:52 PM
Nope, is it to you? Are you also Putin's bitch? Have a pussy?

Shindekudasai kono munō ga

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 01:43:43 PM
There's more...

That summer, according to an invoice included with the letters, Mr. Flynn also received $11,250 from a Russian cargo airline named Volga-Dnepr Airlines.
According to Mr. Cummings’s letter, the company came under United Nations scrutiny after allegations of bribery surfaced involving two Russian officials serving at the United Nations. As part of that investigation, the United Nations removed the company in 2007 from its approved list of vendors, the letter said.

In October 2015, Mr. Flynn was paid another $11,250 by the firm, Kaspersky Government Security Solutions, which was founded by Eugene Kaspersky. Mr. Kaspersky’s Moscow-based Kaspersky Lab has long been suspected of having ties to Russian intelligence services. He studied cryptography at a high school run by the K.G.B. and Soviet Defense Ministry, and later worked for the Russian military.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/16/us/politics/michael-flynn-russia-paid-trip.html

Thankfully Flynn was appointed by Trump and therefore free of the slings and arrows that would befall him if he'd been a Democrat...Funny how Flynn led the chant of 'Lock her up'; Seems he might be up against the wall in the showers.  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 01:43:43 PM
There's more...

That summer [2015], according to an invoice included with the letters, Mr. Flynn also received $11,250 from a Russian cargo airline named Volga-Dnepr Airlines.

The law is very specific.  Foreign corporations are not foreign governments. Did you ever look at the list of countries the Clinton's took money from?

Bill Clinton gave speech in Russia for $500,000 when his normal speaking fee was more like $250,000. This was during the time the uranium deal was being brokered.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 01:49:14 PM
Thankfully Flynn was appointed by Trump and therefore free of the slings and arrows that would befall him if he'd been a Democrat...Funny how Flynn led the chant of 'Lock her up'; Seems he might be up against the wall in the showers.  ;D

If Flynn is guilty, he should be prosecuted. The only claim I have seen so far that makes me think he may be guilty of anything is when he registered his firm after the fact as a foreign agent for Turkey.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 01:48:15 PM
Clinton accepts $28 million from Morrocco to try to get Lisa Jackson of the EPA to shut down a US competitor in the phosphate mining business, when Lisa Jackson leaves the EPA under her own email scandal, and then goes to work for the Clinton Foundation and no one bats an eye.

I guess is is different when you label yourself as the "Senator from Punjab".
That, like these events detailed in the NY Times, etc are "fake news."  ;)
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/30/opinion/charlie-trie-s-tainted-money.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/clinton-pal-charlie-trie-indicted-article-1.793719

Quote from: Meister_000 on April 25, 2017, 09:53:58 AM
You aren't capable of discerning, understanding, or appeciating "the true purpose of the book", it's value, you're not even in the right solar-system, you're so far "off".

And again, you're going to have to take-up you're hysterics over imaginary Legions of Violent Lefties with someone else.

In other words you support whoever those making the decisions for the Far Left tells you to support, even when they are running around using the very same tactics they pretend to be against. 

Acorn > International Answer > Occupy Wall Street > Thug Lives Matter > Antifa.  Each time this hate group runs out of political capital and becomes widely seen for what it is, it morphs into the next iteration.  Each time worse than it's predecessor, each time ratcheting up the violence and other Fascist tactics.  At some point this group will formally take it's place among their heroes:  Red Guards, Brownshirts, Taliban, Red Army Faction, Shining Path, Red Brigades, al-Quaeda, Baader Meinhoff, IRA, ISIS and all the rest

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2017, 01:57:30 PM
That, like these events detailed in the NY Times, etc are "fake news."  ;)
https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 01:52:53 PM
The law is very specific.  Foreign corporations are not foreign governments. Did you ever look at the list of countries the Clinton's took money from?

Bill Clinton gave speech in Russia for $500,000 when his normal speaking fee was more like $250,000. This was during the time the uranium deal was being brokered.

Mike Flynn investigation....OH LOOK! Hillary!! Bill!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 02:01:42 PM
Mike Flynn investigation....OH LOOK! Hillary!!

Mike Flynn investigation....OH LOOK! Trump!!

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 01:42:20 PM
From the article you posted earlier, it said they referred them to the DoD. Doesn't seem like they "blocked" anything.

Have you ever applied for a security clearance?   The last two times I did, I submitted the paperwork directly to the Defense Investigative Service. I was given a blank application and a preaddressed envelope to seal it up in. My employer did not get a copy of the application. They only get a yes/no answer after the background check.

I can confirm the truth of that.  There used to be a DD Form 398 (Statement of Personal History) that was was filled out by the applicant that included questions regarding employment by foreign countries.  If one were to sign the completed form with it containing knowingly false information or omissions intended to hide the facts, that in itself would be a crime.  It's been a while since I had my Background Investigation updated but I believe it was required every 10 years after the initial BI and it could be more frequent than that post 9/11. 

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 01:52:53 PM

Though it could be argued here sometimes also but usually to a lesser extent (or more cleverly set up) a problem I have with the law(s) is that many foreign governments are, essentially, state enterprises. Sometimes almost directly (PRC and various Arab lands) or tangentially via investment and holdings. This happens here to an extent but, usually, one can see the connections, board of directors, owners, etc but in some places you might not even know "who" you are actually dealing with with foreign companies and deals. Hell, there are vessels that even government security experts have a problem with tracking down who actually owns them due to the foreign registration, fractional ownership, holding companies, private trusts, multiple leases and so on.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 02:01:42 PM
Mike Flynn investigation....OH LOOK! Hillary!! Bill!!

You ignored the meat of the post that said foreign corporations are not foreign governments.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 12:25:16 PM
Hmmm, let me think...Does Obama's sexuality effect me in any way? Nope

Does Trump being a manchild with such self obsession it overules anything else, effect me? Possibly yes.

I suggest its you who has an unfortunate obsession with sexuality...Bit of self loathing going on there? :-\

Living in the SF Bay Area, I am very unlikely to vote for a gay person.  All too often I've seen up close that when the pressure is on people who play group identity politics are going to pander to those groups rather than the greater good.  No one has a worse record on this around here than the gay politicians.

As far as Obama - the Great Divider - look what he did to race relations in our country.  On top of his own divisive, disgusting, racist actions, he also installed incompetent, corrupt hacks like Holder, Lynch, Jeh Johnson, and too many others to count, in part  or mostly based on their race.  I don't see this country voting for that again any time soon either.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:05:31 PM
Mike Flynn investigation....OH LOOK! Trump!!

Ah, HA! Now you get it.  Stay tuned.