• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 25, 2017, 02:07:47 PM
Living in the SF Bay Area, I am very unlikely to vote for a gay person.  All too often I've seen up close that when the pressure is on people who play group identity politics are going to pander to those groups rather than the greater good.  No one has a worse record on this around here than the gay politicians.

As far as Obama - the Great Divider - look what he did to race relations in our country.  On top of his own divisive, disgusting, racist actions, he also installed incompetent, corrupt hacks like Holder, Lynch, Jeh Johnson, and too many others to count, in part  or mostly based on their race.  I don't see this country voting for that again any time soon either.
I seem to recollect the Dems and Harvey Milk were pretty tight with Jim Jones back in the day.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:07:46 PM
You ignored the meat of the post that said foreign corporations are not foreign governments.

Perhaps you should share your findings with the committee investigating Flynn.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 02:08:24 PM
Ah, HA! Now you get it.  Stay tuned.

You're obviously unfamiliar with sarcasm.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 02:11:46 PM
Perhaps you should share your findings with the committee investigating Flynn.

It's right there, in the article you linked. Do you know how to read or is someone helping you out with all this?!  ???

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 02:08:24 PM
Ah, HA! Now you get it.  Stay tuned.

No, you don't get it!  Hilliary was a serving Secretary of State when many foreign interests contributed huge sums to the Clinton Foundation.  Flynn was a private citizen.   

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:07:46 PM
You ignored the meat of the post that said foreign corporations are not foreign governments.

Not to mention that its the oversight committee that is looking into Flynn and his unlawfullness...

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 02:17:23 PM
Not to mention that its the oversight committee that is looking into Flynn and his unlawfullness...
Did you specifically use this word choice? Do you find, as I do, a subtle difference between "illegal" and "unlawful" or just consider them synonyms? Or is this word choice just a Brit thing?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 25, 2017, 02:17:00 PM
No, you don't get it!  Hilliary was a serving Secretary of State when many foreign interests contributed huge sums to the Clinton Foundation.  Flynn was a private citizen.

...who as an ex general is forbidden to recieve money from foreign countries or companies without permission. He didn't declare it until the "fake press" pointed it out. Then a bit of a rewind, and the WH decided he should go because the VP had been lied to, seemingly unknowing about something the rest of the WH knew three weeks beforehand. Of course.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 02:22:19 PM
...who as an ex general is forbidden to recieve money from foreign countries or companies without permission. He didn't declare it until the "fake press" pointed it out. Then a bit of a rewind, and the WH decided he should go because the VP had been lied to, seemingly unknowing about something the rest of the WH knew three weeks beforehand. Of course.

Please show me the statute that forbids taking money from foreign companies. I am not familiar with that one.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2017, 02:22:01 PM
Did you specifically use this word choice? Do you find, as I do, a subtle difference between "illegal" and "unlawful" or just consider them synonyms? Or is this word choice just a Brit thing?

The exact quote is "violation of the law".. my apologies to Messrs Chavez and Cummings.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:24:57 PM
Please show me the statute that forbids taking money from foreign companies. I am not familiar with that one.

End of second paragraph. Quote from Chavez. Perhaps he's wrong and should read this thread?

House panel: Flynn may have broken the law
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/michael-flynn-house-oversight-committee/index.html

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 02:22:19 PM

If you are trying to establish a moral equivalent between pay for play and not obtaining permission, I don't see it. 

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 02:27:58 PM
End of second paragraph. Quote from Chavez. Perhaps he's wrong and should read this thread?

House panel: Flynn may have broken the law
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/25/politics/michael-flynn-house-oversight-committee/index.html

Right. If the investigation committee would consult the legal experts here at BellGab they could wrap this silly thing up and Trump could get back to MAGA.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:32:36 PM
You are reading words that are not there.

"As a former military officer, you simply cannot take money from Russia, Turkey or anybody else. And it appears as if he did take that money. It was inappropriate. And there are repercussions for the violation of law," Chaffetz said.

I'm sure you'll put him right though.

The White House has informed a US congressional committee that it will not comply with a request to release documentsrelated to a former aide.It rebuffed a request by the House OversightCommittee, which is probing payments received by former National Security AdviserMichael Flynn.The committee chairman said Mr Flynn failed to comply with the law in not disclosing the payments.He quit his job in February after misleading the White House.

White House blocks Flynn document request
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39710527

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 02:42:05 PM
"As a former military officer, you simply cannot take money from Russia, Turkey or anybody else. And it appears as if he did take that money. It was inappropriate. And there are repercussions for the violation of law," Chaffetz said.

Where in that statement does it say foreign companies?

And I guarantee that the "or anybody else" is specious. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:45:14 PM

As I said, I'm sure you'll get onto the oversight committee and put them right. If they'd come to you first, all this fuss and bother could have been avoided.

Kidnostad3

I guess that means I'm going to have to get permission to accept the million dollars I'm going to receive from the Ugandan prince whose London-based attorney informed me of my good fortune via email just the other day.  Just imagine, all that money and all I had to do was send him a check for
5Gs to cover administrative costs. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 25, 2017, 02:55:58 PM
I guess that means I'm going to have to get permission to accept the million dollars I'm going to receive from the Ugandan prince whose London-based attorney informed me of my good fortune via email just the other day.  Just imagine, all that money and all I had to do was send him a check for
5Gs to cover administrative costs.

They got you bang to rights, make no mistake. You're fakin nicked.

https://youtu.be/Q1CGauwoKcw

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 02:45:14 PM

Flynn is in trouble. Whether his actions in taking money from Russian and Turkish companies with links/influence to their governments, as in RL, can be deemed illegal has not yet been determined by the committee. However his lies about his connections and accepting the money may be what lands him in prison.

Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the panel’s top Democrat, noted that knowingly falsifying or concealing information on a security clearance application form, called an SF-86, is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Chaffetz and Cummings sent letters to the White House and federal agencies last month seeking Flynn’s security clearance applications and other documents. The Defense Intelligence Agency, where Flynn formerly served as director, provided the committee with Flynn’s security clearance documents. Cummings said the White House refused to comply with the committee’s request for other documents.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/25/lawmakers-flynn-did-not-disclose-russia-payments-in-security-clearance-application-237576

Then there were those phone calls to Russia...

That raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If the authorities conclude that Mr. Flynn knowingly lied to the F.B.I., it could expose him to a felony charge.' "

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing

smccomas69

OH BULLSHIT. As a citizen he is pretty much free to do anything as long as it does not break the law. Fucking hate politicians, this right here "No evidence Flynn followed the law" I say put up or shut up fuck stain. Presumed innocent until proven guilty, if there was real evidence that the man broke the law he would have said that. However this shit bag knows that a significant amount of the population dose not understand the law. Politicians have a certain amount of immunity and that really pisses me off.
Edited

White House blocks Flynn document request
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39710527

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 03:22:50 PM
Flynn is in trouble. Whether his actions in taking money from Russian and Turkish companies with links/influence to their governments, as in RL, can be deemed illegal has not yet been determined by the committee. However his lies about his connections and accepting the money may be what lands him in prison.

Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the panel’s top Democrat, noted that knowingly falsifying or concealing information on a security clearance application form, called an SF-86, is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Chaffetz and Cummings sent letters to the White House and federal agencies last month seeking Flynn’s security clearance applications and other documents. The Defense Intelligence Agency, where Flynn formerly served as director, provided the committee with Flynn’s security clearance documents. Cummings said the White House refused to comply with the committee’s request for other documents.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/25/lawmakers-flynn-did-not-disclose-russia-payments-in-security-clearance-application-237576

That raises the stakes of what so far has been a political scandal that cost Mr. Flynn his job. If the authorities conclude that Mr. Flynn knowingly lied to the F.B.I., it could expose him to a felony charge.' "

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing

BUT OBAMA MIGHT BE BISEXUAL. SHOCK.

FIFY

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: smccomas69 on April 25, 2017, 03:25:16 PM
OH BULLSHIT. As a citizen he is pretty much free to do anything as long as it does not break the law.

Ain't that the truth?  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 25, 2017, 03:22:50 PM

Like most things in DC, it is the coverup and talking around the truth that digs people a grave.

Like Martha Stewart. She didn't go to prison for insider trading. She went to prison for lying about it.

Trump should have known better than to appoint a Democrat. 

Of course, he can always invoke the Hillary defense and say he had no intent of breaking the law.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 25, 2017, 03:29:35 PM
Like most things in DC, it is the coverup and talking around the truth that digs people a grave.

Like Martha Stewart. She didn't go to prison for insider trading. She went to prison for lying about it.

No. Trump should have had him vetted properly. Maybe extreme vetting? Maybe he was vetted but Trump decided it didn't matter anyway...The chant "Lock her up" that Flynn used so well must be ringing a bit hollow right now for him.

Lt.Uhura

Flynn got caught.  ;)

...Think of all them Profiteers,
and how they got that way,
Cause they sure the hell would not be there,
without the payoff game that's played...

It's not who's sold,
It's not who's bought,
and it's not the kickbacks,
It's if you get caught

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eizrQqhb1qY

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on April 25, 2017, 03:32:30 PM
No. Trump should have had him vetted properly. Maybe extreme vetting? Maybe he was vetted but Trump decided it didn't matter anyway...The chant "Lock her up" that Flynn used so well must be ringing a bit hollow right now for him.

The DIA granted him a TS/SCI clearance. Most would consider that to be extreme vetting.

Yorkshire pud

Of course, he can always invoke the Hillary defense and say he had no intent of breaking the law.

Yeah, let us know how that works for him considering he was appointed NSA, an ex general and tied in with Putin.

Maybe that's what Trump meant when he said he had the best generals in decades? He actually meant he'd got rid of one who worked for Turkey and had been cosying with Putin? Therefore he'd got rid of a bad apple.