• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Eddie Coyle

I picture Noory's live audience resembling this guy's fandom...

coaster

I imagine a live show with Noory would turn into this when he starts closing the show with a song.

Corey Feldman on Howard Stern, 1992

ItsOver

Geesh.....  what is GAIAM TV?  Radio SENSATION George Noory???  Provocative interviews???  What a load of $#%#@!   At least "Beyond Belief" nails it.  Noory certainly is beyond belief.  I feel like I'm trapped in some weird Twilight Zone episode with no escape.   The Noory Nightmare is everywhere!!! Run, run, run!

Jasmine

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 02, 2012, 06:32:20 PM

I picture Noory's live audience resembling this guy's fandom...

That audience looks too normal, well dressed and coiffed to be the quintessential C2C diehards. I envision a Jerry Springer- Walmart crowd with a dash of way over the top Oprah worshipping...screaming and cheering at every Nooryism he throws out.

Wow, here I was hoping I'd have another SyFy abomination to record and mock... but it's actually worse than that. 

This will absolutely be another NightCock dog turd floated out into the information pool of the internets.  A promo graphic that looks like it was done in MS paint, with the same crappy photo he's used forever with his buzz can hair color and a UFO lifted from an MS Word image gallery, all brought to you by way of some horrible inferior version of YouTube that you pay for.

Jasmine

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2012, 06:43:41 PM
Geesh.....  what is GAIAM TV?  Radio SENSATION George Noory???  Provocative interviews???  What a load of $#%#@!   At least "Beyond Belief" nails it.  Noory certainly is beyond belief.  I feel like I'm trapped in some weird Twilight Zone episode with no escape.   The Noory Nightmare is everywhere!!! Run, run, run!

I've said it before and I'll says its again...C2C is the Plan Nine From Outer Space of talk radio.

What if the joke was on all of us, and C2C really is pure radio parody, produced and directed by the one and only Ed Wood who in reality isn't dead?

ItsOver

Quote from: Sardondi on November 02, 2012, 04:44:49 PM
I suspect C2C has been steadily leaking stations for years. Not a deluge, just a steady decline as station managers look for cheaper and more interesting programming alternatives.

One day, several months ago, I tuned in expecting to hear the usual C2C replay from the night before.  With no prior announcement or fanfare, "Ground Zero" was in it's place.  I fully expect some day soon to tune in expecting that night's C2C broadcast, instead there'll be something else in it's place.  No prior announcement or fanfare.  Start counting your nights, Noory, because they are numbered.

Larkin

Quote from: ItsOver on November 02, 2012, 07:06:45 PM
One day, several months ago, I tuned in expecting to hear the usual C2C replay from the night before.  With no prior announcement or fanfare, "Ground Zero" was in it's place.

This is exactly what happened to me.  My usual station in San Francisco, KSFO, replaced c2c with no advance warning, and I turn it on one night,.... expecting to hear Coast and instead there was some other radio show on:  Red Eye Radio (a more dreadful radio show I've never heard).  Now the only way I can listen to c2c is on 3 other California radio stations that come in very badly where I live, or stream it live via I Heart Radio.  Usually I do that and stream the L.A. station coz it can be fun to hear all their wild-ass local news on the half hour.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Jasmine on November 02, 2012, 06:51:21 PM
That audience looks too normal, well dressed and coiffed to be the quintessential C2C diehards. I envision a Jerry Springer- Walmart crowd with a dash of way over the top Oprah worshipping...screaming and cheering at every Nooryism he throws out.
This is true. That 1995 Richard Bey crowd looks like a Mensa symposium at Stanford compared to the collection of ghouls that Noory will give us. The world's largest net should utilized after all the seats are occupied.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on November 02, 2012, 06:35:49 PM
I imagine a live show with Noory would turn into this when he starts closing the show with a song.

Corey Feldman on Howard Stern, 1992

Bless you. What's up with the youth, indeed! This song was out at the same time Nirvana's Nevermind was all the rage. But this is what my 16 year old angst gravitated toward.

The Coreys are dying in the wrong order.

Meggini

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 02, 2012, 05:48:59 PM

Personally, I wasn't listening every single night at the time and George's suckage sort of crept up on me.  I would only listen if it was a subject I was really interested in.  I'm normally one to give someone a chance, and in this case not expect them to be as great as the person they replace.  And while he was the guest host and when it was a possibility Art might come back if needed, I think George did put in at least some efort.  He seemed like a nice guy.

The things he does and doesn't do aren't so bad until one realizes they are habitual and not a one time slip or omission.  So George was boring, so he couldn't pronounce some regular everyday words or read aloud well.  So he wasn't all that bright.  But he was trying right, I mean everyone in entertainment is thrilled to be there and works hard to do their best, don't they?  I understood George couldn't read everyone's book, that he wasn't an expert in everything. 

But at some point it dawned on me he never asked the obvious follow up, no matter how interesting a guests comment may be.  Then I realized he habitually asked questions the guest had just spent 5 minutes discussing.  Then I noticed the same questions no matter who he was talking to or what the topic was.  Then I noticed all the useless intterruptions - 'amazing', 'incredible', 'riveting', etc.  Then I noticed maybe he wasn't that nice of a guy.  Then I noticed he never seemed prepared for any show or guest.  Then I noticed he wasn't getting better at any aspect of the job.  Then I noticed he wasn't really interested in the world around him or in any of the normal show topics.  Then I noticed...

^ This. In fact, when I mentioned to Mr. Meggini that I was enjoying your site, he said "What's so bad about George Noory?" because he only listens for a few minutes at a time (to help him fall asleep, or on the ride home from work, etc.) I only picked up on it myself when I listened for literally hours while doing my home project. It's so frustrating when Noory ruins what should be a perfectly good show.

It makes perfect sense that the ratings would go down. Imagine all those nightshift workers who have stopped listening to Coast. Art's alertness kept them alert. GN's lazy inattentiveness is a snoozer.

Speaking of which...

Quote"Radio sensation George Noory brings his provocative interviews to a new original weekly series BEYOND BELIEF, exclusively on Gaiamtv.com"

"Join George...for dynamic discussions on paranormal phenomena, conspiracies and all things unexplained"

The TV executive or producer who set this up is going to be unpleasantly surprised when he finds that George doesn't have the ability to think on his feet or focus long enough to conduct a proper interview. And a discussion?  :P

coaster

fucking noory...jesus. get a fucking clue man. how does one mans fucking absolute retardation spread onto an entire company? is everyone at premshat fucking retarded? does he pay you pocketmoney to keep it quiet while he shits on the microphone? even Art, who's coattails George Noory is thoroughly fucking dryhumping right now says its enough. Enough is enough. Get rid of fucking George Noory. Coast to Coast is still salvageable.
is what id say if I wasnt drunk and I cared about the Titanic that is coast sinking into the depths of fucking shit.
edit-sorry for the typos/swears/ and frustration.

ziznak

"beyond belief"
I guess they didn't let George come up with the name or it'd def be called
"unbelievable"

Quote from: El Kragen on November 02, 2012, 06:14:55 PM
I see George has announced his new "TV" gig. Here's the link:

http://www.gaiamtv.com/george

"Radio sensation George Noory brings his provocative interviews to a new original weekly series BEYOND BELIEF, exclusively on Gaiamtv.com"

"Join George...for dynamic discussions on paranormal phenomena, conspiracies and all things unexplained"

I sincerely hope this project is extremely successful for George, that way he'll leave the airways and never come back.

My God, George is wearing his overly black hair helmet again. My first inclination would have been to say Just For Men, but upon further review, it reminds me more of Kiwi shoe polish. I'm sure you'd all agree it makes him look so youthful and energetic.

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: ziznak on November 02, 2012, 09:57:59 PM
"beyond belief"
"unbelievable"

I bet he sucks on lemons the previous day to get his infamous acting voice warmed up. If you could put you ear to his door at night you would hear the words "GOSH! AMAZING! over and over again.  They will powder his face with about a pound, and spend a few hours washing the grease out of his hair and mustash. Teeth caps installed, clip on tie on, dandruff roller ready in the producers hand.

Then the lights come on, the teleprompters are ready, the staff and viewers have their scripts pre-read and hand selected, dosed with several 5 hour pink lemonaids to stay awake, then someone from the back room yells "George, zip up your fly". 

2 years later after a long debate with the investors, they air the Pilot in a select 3rd world country audience.... and it flops.

coaster

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 02, 2012, 07:25:57 PM
          Bless you. What's up with the youth, indeed! This song was out at the same time Nirvana's Nevermind was all the rage. But this is what my 16 year old angst gravitated toward.

The Coreys are dying in the wrong order.
nice patronizing.

Quote from: ziznak on November 02, 2012, 09:57:59 PM
"beyond belief"
"unbelievable"

"Geeeez"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on November 02, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
nice patronizing.
I was the only person to even notice your attempt at humor. And you're right, I should have given it the yawning indifference everyone else did.

LacyWoodrow

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 02, 2012, 10:38:31 PM
My God, George is wearing his overly black hair helmet again. My first inclination would have been to say Just For Men, but upon further review, it reminds me more of Kiwi shoe polish. I'm sure you'd all agree it makes him look so youthful and energetic.

So it's an internet Television show. Maybe this is his way of putting his foot in the exit door to radio. Let's hope.

Quote from: LacyWoodrow on November 02, 2012, 10:56:04 PM
So it's an internet Television show. Maybe this is his way of putting his foot in the exit door to radio. Let's hope.

It's Gaiam TV -- not a major network. I suspect current TVs audience dwarfs whatever Gaiam might have.

Just for shits and giggles, I took the Gaiam challenge. http://www.gaiamtv.com/channel

What was playing, was a campfire singalong. I instantly thought of the Star Trek TOS episode  where Spock jammed along with space hippies who hijacked the ship with hopes of finding Eden.

Righteous, brothers and sisters.

Morgus

Quote from: TheGrimCreeper1 on November 02, 2012, 11:19:46 PMI instantly thought of the Star Trek TOS episode  where Spock jammed along with the space hippies who hijacked the ship with hopes of finding Eden.

Righteous, brothers and sisters.

Some of the Eden hippie's song lyrics:

"The Goodland"   from TOS "The Way to Eden" sung by Adam:
     Lookin' for the goodland,
          Goin' astray.
     Don't cry,
          Don't cry.
     Oh I can't have honey
          And I can't have cream
     Goin' live not die,
          Goin' live not die.
     Standin' in the middle of it all one day.
          Look at it shining around me and say.
     I'm here,
          I'm here.
     In the goodland,
          in the new land,
     I'm here.

"Heading Out to Eden" from TOS "The Way to Eden"   sung by Adam and blonde female friend:
     Heading out to eden,
          Yeah brother.
     Heading out to eden,
          Yeah brother.
     No more trouble
          In my body or my mind.
     Goin' to live like a king
          On whatever I find.
     Eat all the fruit
          And throw away the rind.
     Yeah brother, yeah.

Steppin' out to eden,
          Yeah brother.
     Steppin' out to eden,
          Yeah brother.
     No more trouble
          In my body or my mind.
     Goin' to live like a king
          On whatever I find.
     Eat all the fruit
          And throw away the rind.
     Yeah brother.

"Hey Out There!"  from TOS "The Way to Eden"   sung by Adam and blonde female friend:
     I'm talkin' 'bout you,
          I'm talkin' 'bout me.
     Long time back when the galaxy was new.
     Man found out what he had to do.
     Found he had to eat and he found he had to drink,
          And a long time later he found he had to think.
     Yes, think.

[I'm standing here wondering -- What?]

If a man tells another man,
          How to mow hay.
     He piles up trouble for himself all day.
     But all kinds of trouble will come to an end.
     When a man tells another man,
          Be my friend.
     My friend.

[Well what's it going to be?]

There's a mile wide emptiness,
          Between you and me.
     Let's reach across it,
          *On an even sea.*
     Someone ought'a take a step,
          One way or other.
     Let's say goodbye,
          Or let's say brother.

Brother!
          Brother!
     Hey out there...
          Hey out there.
     Hey out there...
          Hey out there.
     I see you...
          I see you.
     I see you...
          I see you.

Let's get together and have some fun.

[I don't know how to do it,
          But it's gotta be done.]

ziznak

I'm guessing "Beyond Belief" will be something like "america's funniest home videos" except this show will feature clips of children being mauled by wild animals and small furry creatures being tortured by douchebags.
I'm almost depressed it's just some stupid radio show... if it was on REAL tv I would have gotten my hopes up that George take a premature leap and quit Coast.  I can dream...

Ah STFU Hoagland... Americans helping other Americans... speaking of douchebags... I guess we are about due for a visit from tricky dick hoaxboy.

Did somebody say that George is hosting this weekend too?? for some reason I think I read some crap like that here and now I look on the C2C site and it's got Wells listed as host tomorrow with George's wet dream girl Glynnis in the first hour...  Then a guest for the main show on psuedoscience??

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on November 02, 2012, 11:45:22 PM
Did somebody say that George is hosting this weekend too?? for some reason I think I read some crap like that here and now I look on the C2C site and it's got Wells listed as host tomorrow with George's wet dream girl Glynnis in the first hour...  Then a guest for the main show on psuedoscience??
Yes the c2c website schedule shows Noory as host on Sunday night with his usual first Sunday of the month emerging artists music.

The Number's Lady Glynis McCants seems to be dancing with more than one host this week - she is on Saturday with Wells and again on Tuesday night with Noory as part of his election night spectacular.

I rather enjoy Glynis in a guilty pleasure sort of way. When she describes people's behaviors by the vibrations their numbers throw off, it often rings true. However, she has no place on an election night program. If it were an actual psychic making a prediction regarding the outcome, I could see it. But a numerologist -- not so much.

ziznak

If there's any night that she should be limited to appearing I'd rather it be election night and then we don't have to hear from her... The candidates charts and numbers or whatever hong kong fooey she does might actually be interesting for a minute or two.  I really can't stand her at all... even her name bothers me... "Glynis" ... it's like the ultimate in old lady nomenclature... up there with Gladys, Margaret, Edith... ah can you believe I actually dug up a great old lady name list??

http://www.disneybaby.com/blog/little-old-lady-names-for-baby-girls/

Jesus I can't believe I actually learned something new from Hoagland... although now I'm not sure if i should believe it or not...
anybody know whats up with the methane theories coming out of Hoaglands facial fart hole tonight?  Can they tell if a sample of methane came from something's ass or out of some rocks?

Immy

Oh man RCH is just insufferable tonite. Chemistry class taught by a condescending a-hole. I'm kinda tuning in and out...has he uttered the dreaded "hyper-dimensional" yet?

I met Ethel...er...Glynis back during her days doing stand-up comedy. Funny woman with quick, razor-sharp observation but she seemed wildly "on" all the time, worse than Robin Williams. And this was off-stage.

Numerology, meh. I can take it or leave it, though my life path is clearly a 3. So many things point to it, it's uncanny. I draw the line when she attributes numbers to nations and other non-living entities.

Quote from: ziznak on November 03, 2012, 12:22:01 AM
If there's any night that she should be limited to appearing I'd rather it be election night and then we don't have to hear from her... The candidates charts and numbers or whatever hong kong fooey she does might actually be interesting for a minute or two.  I really can't stand her at all... even her name bothers me... "Glynis" ... it's like the ultimate in old lady nomenclature... up there with Gladys, Margaret, Edith... ah can you believe I actually dug up a great old lady name list??

http://www.disneybaby.com/blog/little-old-lady-names-for-baby-girls/

Jesus I can't believe I actually learned something new from Hoagland... although now I'm not sure if i should believe it or not...
anybody know whats up with the methane theories coming out of Hoaglands facial fart hole tonight?  Can they tell if a sample of methane came from something's ass or out of some rocks?

Couldn't tell ya. I decided to give Ground Zero a try tonight. When he isn't crying about the horrors of war or having Muslim sympathy hour, I think Clyde Lewis is pretty good.

Quote from: Immy on November 03, 2012, 12:32:31 AM
Oh man RCH is just insufferable tonite. Chemistry class taught by a condescending a-hole. I'm kinda tuning in and out...has he uttered the dreaded "hyper-dimensional" yet?

I remember Art expressing his discontent with Richard C. on more than one occasion. From what I could ascertain, it was Richard's propensity to hijack the program and take it in the direction he saw fit. And what Richard Hoagland segment would be complete without his politician-like ability to ramble on and on without actually answering the question asked of him?

ziznak

circuits on mars... only Hoagie can see them... and did anybody catch him saying some crap about how he officially represents Premiere?? I think he IS getting paid... I remember this was discussed before but did we ever figure this out??

He just whipped out "Torsion Physics"
and he's planning another trip... ah this guys a piece of work... ahem shit.