• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: RedMichael on April 17, 2013, 04:38:10 PM

Not at all. They aren't sympathizing with them. They are empathizing for one. You don't know if they empathize either. The ones that say they do, might just being doing so for the sake of their lives and well being. It is not a crime to agree or disagree with anyone regarding anything either as long as no one is getting hurt. It should be encouraged for the sake of discussion. I would argue that the people who you would be trying to find via profiling are such a diminutive minority that just happens to have a lot of power wherever they are located. A tale as old as time.

Profiling anyone based on anything they can not help (race, color, creed, where they are from, etc) should be condemned. It serves no place and for every anecdotal piece of evidence you can provide there will be much more empirical evidence to the contrary.

I don't know how to respond to something like this. 

It isn't that difficult to take a look at news from around the world, learn of the terrorist bombings committed against innocent people - it's somewhere every single day, by the way - and see who it is that is either ultimately caught, takes credit for them, or is accused due to the 'signature' of the bomb and event.  It's not really a head scratcher when it turns out to be a Muslim group again.

And you think no one is getting hurt - what does that even mean?

Quote from: RedMichael on April 17, 2013, 04:38:10 PM
... Profiling anyone based on anything they can not help (race, color, creed, where they are from, etc) should be condemned. It serves no place and for every anecdotal piece of evidence you can provide there will be much more empirical evidence to the contrary.

I get that people want everything to be 'fair' all the time.  Sometimes for the greater good things aren't going to be fair.  The Muslim Arabs that fly El-Al are happy to be profiled if that means their fellow Muslim Arab passengers are also going to profiled and fully checked out before the plane takes off - because they know it means they are going to be safe on that flight.  Maybe you should talk to one that always flies El-Al when flying through the Middle East and ask them about it.

To say profiling doesn't work or shouldn't be used is just silly.  Why would you think certain groups or cultures aren't more apt to do certain things or do things a certain way than other groups or cultures?  That's what is as old as time.

Rico999

Aside from being a raving, crank-fueled paranoid, Jones is a pretty clever propagandist.  I like the way he takes mundane truisims and then extrapolates them into something ridiculously out of proportion in order to support his worldview.

I think he's entertaining, but I understand that his schtick is to try to make you scared to death of everything.  He depends on his audience to not question him, obviously.  Like Steve Quayle, he gets indignant if you call him out on all his BS.   Notice, too, that Noory agrees with all of it.  And the mutual asskissing that he and Noory have going on....damn!

And all this shit about "elites" and "globalists."  Hey you two, how about just naming some names, OK??  Nah, that wouldn't do -- it'd expose you as frauds and you'd actually have to have some evidence to support your position or look like fools.

Y'know, I'd like to see what that clown Noory would do if he got bit by a skunk, a bat or a raccoon -- all three are well known rabies carriers.  Yeah, right, George.  Don't risk it.  DON'T get the shots.....

As for profiling, the obvious risk is the high potential for abuse by the government or entity doing the profiling (not necessarily a government).  It's led us to where we are now, which is a national security surveillance state.  Ask any black person in the NYC area what I'm talking about.   

Yemen?  Talk about taking leaps of faith to support your world view.

Roy Hinkley

I'm just on the edge of my seat waiting for more Snoory coverage of these "two incredible shhtories"...

Why don't they just do four hours with J.C.?  He's more real and rational than most of their regular correspondants.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 17, 2013, 11:38:42 PM
Why don't they just do four hours with J.C.?  He's more real and rational than most of their regular correspondants.

I still don't know why he bothers getting the correspondants on.  Like tonight, he asks one stupid rhetorical question, gets part of an answer, then says thanks and hangs up on them - often mid-sentence too.  Like Captain Kelly tonight, he was on for like 25 seconds, why bother?

George's transitions are so poor as well.  He poses a question and leads into the guest but rarely bothers to say hi first on these 30-second sound bites.  This is always funny with Captain Kelly, who makes sure to say "Ahoy" since George never says hello to him.  And this from a Navy man?

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on April 17, 2013, 11:45:56 PM
I still don't know why he bothers getting the correspondants on.  Like tonight, he asks one stupid rhetorical question, gets part of an answer, then says thanks and hangs up on them - often mid-sentence too.  Like Captain Kelly tonight, he was on for like 25 seconds, why bother?

George's transitions are so poor as well.  He poses a question and leads into the guest but rarely bothers to say hi first on these 30-second sound bites.  This is always funny with Captain Kelly, who makes sure to say "Ahoy" since George never says hello to him.  And this from a Navy man?

I've always had the feeling those 30 second sound bites are pre-recorded and edited before air time perhaps with George taping some of his questions overtop the comments.

MTB

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 17, 2013, 11:38:42 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head here. I'm having audio problems but what I'm hearing tonight is just odd.

Immy

That's the second time Noordy's said "two dead" in Texas. It's dozens you fool!! For god's sake read the correct copy!!

Roy Hinkley

How appropriate that the guy who's show is built on fertilizer is covering a shhtory about fertilizer....

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Immy on April 17, 2013, 11:59:03 PM
That's the second time Noordy's said "two dead" in Texas. It's dozens you fool!! For god's sake read the correct copy!!

I know, it's already being said 60-70.  A whole apartment building was blown apart too.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 17, 2013, 11:50:03 PM
I've always had the feeling those 30 second sound bites are pre-recorded and edited before air time perhaps with George taping some of his questions overtop the comments.

Could be pre-recorded.  At least that would explain how disjolnted they are.  I just don't see why he wastes the time.  Read the Drudge report and move on, he doesn't need an expert just to say "yes" one time and agree with him and then they're off the air.

ufogadfly

Just listened to the recent show about the so-called Black-Eyed Children and I don't know where to begin. Unfortunately I didn't make notes but here's just a bit of what I recall:

Noory didn't ask a single question to establish the authenticity of the reports to begin with, but there were plenty of comments like, "Maybe they're demons," "Could they be the dead that have come out of their graves?" (not exact quotes but close).
Several instances of asking a question that was already covered by the guest, e.g., guest mentions the possibility that the BECs are from another dimension and a short time later disGeorge asks if they could be "dimensional." BTW, I love it when he uses that word in that context. Aren't we all dimensional beings?
Typical GN stuff.

Whenever I hear Craig Hulet on Coast to Coast I always think of this actor/comedian:

edit:  had to correct spelling of Craig Hulet.

[attachimg=1]

Quote from: ufogadfly on April 18, 2013, 12:10:59 AM
Just listened to the recent show about the so-called Black-Eyed Children and I don't know where to begin. Unfortunately I didn't make notes but here's just a bit of what I recall:

Noory didn't ask a single question to establish the authenticity of the reports to begin with, but there were plenty of comments like, "Maybe they're demons," "Could they be the dead that have come out of their graves?" (not exact quotes but close).
Several instances of asking a question that was already covered by the guest, e.g., guest mentions the possibility that the BECs are from another dimension and a short time later disGeorge asks if they could be "dimensional." BTW, I love it when he uses that word in that context. Aren't we all dimensional beings?
Typical GN stuff.

Last I checked we operate in 4 dimensions.  I wonder if George's demonic creatures from another dimension are static strings?  Pretty scary stuff.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ufogadfly on April 18, 2013, 12:10:59 AM

Typical GN stuff.
There was a "Monsters in America" (or something like that) program on cable tonight with a segment on guy who picked up two BEKs.  Like GN says, there no coicidences.  I wish I'd thought to check the names in the credits against Noory's guest talking about BEKs the other might.

Roy Hinkley

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 18, 2013, 12:13:06 AM
Whenever I hear Craig Hulet on Coast to Coast I always think of this actor/comedian:

[attachimg=1]

He was great on "Just Shoot Me!" as Ray Liotta's relative.

ufogadfly

The BEK segment was with David Weatherly last Friday night/Sat. morning).

mombird3

This show is on its last legs. I wish it would get off the air.

Alex used to be one of my favourite guests to listen to...as someone else above stated, he can be very entertaining...but recently I've just found him tiresome, like George, and didn't bother to listen last night. In fact I don't think I've listened to a full show in weeks now.

Morgus

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 18, 2013, 01:14:21 AM
George sounds really bored tonight.
and he must have run out of prepared questions - he went to callers for the guest an hour early...

Juan Cena

Quote from: Immy on April 17, 2013, 11:59:03 PM

I think CNN was only confirming two dead at the time. But we know how accurate CNN's been in the past day or so.  ::)

Juan Cena

Quote from: Roy Hinkley on April 18, 2013, 12:04:58 AM
Could be pre-recorded.  At least that would explain how disjolnted they are.  I just don't see why he wastes the time.  Read the Drudge report and move on, he doesn't need an expert just to say "yes" one time and agree with him and then they're off the air.

Or just do like wells and shoot off a list of non sequetor headlines.

bigchucka

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on April 18, 2013, 12:13:06 AM

[attachimg=1]

I wish Brian Posehn would put out a new comedy album.  Nerd Rage and Fart And Weiner Jokes are both funny as fuck....

valdez

Quote from: mombird3 on April 18, 2013, 12:39:59 AM
This show is on its last legs...

I'm sure Craig Hulet will one day return to being on my "guest I can't stomach, not even for a moment" list, but when he talks about the possibility of one day defending ourselves "from our government, as it slips into tyranny," well, it won't be today.  George opened his interview on mysticism with Mark Stavish asking "does everyone have lucid dreams?" knowing damn well is answer is no.  The thing is, he doesn't have to sound like an idiot.  He can, as Ian would say, "set the table" without playing the baffoon.  He just doesn't know how, and his staff doesn't care.  Tonight's "sound off" was some guy having issues with bicyclist using the roads instead of the sidewalks.  Yeah.  Took the time to record it.  Very concerned.  Bicycles.  Sidewalks.  Riveting.

no respect

RedMichael

Quote from: Paper*Boy on April 17, 2013, 10:34:12 PM

I don't know how to respond to something like this. 

It's not really a head scratcher when it turns out to be a Muslim group again.

And you think no one is getting hurt - what does that even mean?

To say profiling doesn't work or shouldn't be used is just silly.  Why would you think certain groups or cultures aren't more apt to do certain things or do things a certain way than other groups or cultures?  That's what is as old as time.

Ah there we go, it is a Muslim group again.

I think no one is getting hurt? You are putting words in my mouth, you even managed to not read the first half of the sentence " It is not a crime to agree or disagree with anyone regarding anything either as long as no one is getting hurt."

Don't ever take what I am saying out of context again. Look at what you just did, you just highlighted half a sentence and ignored the first. I don't have to elaborate on my point, it is right there. I don't care what you say or how you say it, as long as you don't ever pick and choose what I say out of context. You do that again, and I am not debating with you anymore.

You are right I could see how it being a muslim group is not a real headscratcher to some. I can look at it in certain ways. You must be referring to the fact that in the West's history of imperial diplomacy we have left countries that are Muslim with weaker governments. To say a first world, good ole Christian country doesn't have people who are capable of doing very bad things is BS. We just have systems, laws, resources in place that let us know who is doing what, why, where, how, and when anything happens. A lot of countries in the world don't have these kind of resources at their disposal and those same countries have a hard time with these "Muslim" groups who do not represent the majority in anyway. They represent power, they represent the ignorant, and they represent the disillusioned.

Or maybe I misinterpreted what you said, I apologize for doing so, I did list what you said in full. Why do you think it is not a headscratcher?

You are racist IF (note: not calling you a name, pointing out a condition you may or may not meet) you think certain groups or cultures are more apt at doing something. I can kind of see what you are saying. KIND OF, but you are simplifying it in a way I can only find as racist.  You are looking through black and white eyes. Look at it like this "Poor countries without stable governments are more prone to have a very strong minority of militant groups who hide under the thin veil of religion."  Hey now we are talking. The conditions people were born into and cannot help are where these terrorist groups are more prone to find a foothold. Ok I can see that. Why has Turkey failed to produce many terrorists? They are a Muslim democracy with a strong government. Maybe it is related?

You used the words "Certain groups and cultures" I can almost believe you but you'd have to prove to me you mean that and not mean "arab looking". Those are my words not yours, but you must admit, there is a dangerous amount of people who link "arab looking" with terrorism. And to anyone who does fit my criteria (my words) I challenge them to prove somehow that terrorist groups represent more than 1-5% of the population in any region.

Lunger

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on April 17, 2013, 04:07:09 AM

I love the character of Ted Baxter, always have, but what I think of specifically is the time he started the Ted Baxter Journalism School that had an audience of one and that one demanded Ted give the entire lecture. It reminds me of Jorch on Gaiam or his speaking tours. Lots of publicity, little substance beyond "sumpin's happenin'".

Ted was to smart to be compared to That Idiot Noory.  Noory IS Les Nessman.

Lunger

Quote from: RedMichael on April 18, 2013, 06:34:03 AM

You are racist IF (note: not calling you a name, pointing out a condition you may or may not meet) you think certain groups or cultures are more apt at doing something. I can kind of see what you are saying. KIND OF, but you are simplifying it in a way I can only find as racist.  You are looking through black and white eyes. Look at it like this "Poor countries without stable governments are more prone to have a very strong minority of militant groups who hide under the thin veil of religion."  Hey now we are talking. The conditions people were born into and cannot help are where these terrorist groups are more prone to find a foothold. Ok I can see that. Why has Turkey failed to produce many terrorists? They are a Muslim democracy with a strong government. Maybe it is related?

You used the words "Certain groups and cultures" I can almost believe you but you'd have to prove to me you mean that and not mean "arab looking". Those are my words not yours, but you must admit, there is a dangerous amount of people who link "arab looking" with terrorism. And to anyone who does fit my criteria (my words) I challenge them to prove somehow that terrorist groups represent more than 1-5% of the population in any region.

If he is a racist then you are a fool for not seeing what is in front of your eyes.  How many conflicts throughout the world are there today that involve Islam and their neighbors?  It's just an opinion, but I would have no problem saying that the 'Radial Islamists' are the ones who do want to be peaceful and live in some kind of harmony with kafirs.

Profiling works for a reason.

BTW:  Turkey has plenty of problems itself