• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

coaster

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 04, 2013, 08:10:02 PM
Anybody who thinks Noory is happy, think again.
He knows PremRat would drop him in a New York minute if Art even farted in their direction.

That would be funny, but it would never happen. Art hates premrat.

jblank

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 08:09:11 PM
i can't really respond to this other than to say you have no personal knowledge of what's happened behind the scenes between art bell and siriusxm.

I think we have a very good ideas of exactly what happened sir.

Anybody who thinks Noory is happy, think again.
He's probably shitting himself right now. Art's in radio mode, and contracts (Noory's) mean nothing these days. He knows PremRat would drop him in a New York minute if Art even farted in their direction.

Sirius couldn't handle Art Bell. That's the bottom line.
He'll be back. I bet his phone is ringing now.

Sirius couldn't handle Art Bell? They gave him complete creative control. Art apparently couldn't handle that he signed with fee-based and subscription-based company. There is no way in hell any professional radio outlet will touch him after this.

DanTSX

This is bullshit.

Fucking hell Art.  What the fuck.  You are acting like a spoiled child.

Whatever you are trying to pull, you will be going up SiriusXM lawyers.  Have fun with that.

jblank

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on November 04, 2013, 08:13:14 PM
Sirius couldn't handle Art Bell? They gave him complete creative control. Art apparently couldn't handle that he signed with fee-based and subscription-based company. There is no way in hell any professional radio outlet will touch him after this.

+ 1 million. He just took a shit on the golden goose.

He'll be back. I bet his phone is ringing now.

Who the hell would hire him after this?

BattyBrooke

Quote from: indigoo on November 04, 2013, 08:10:02 PM
He hasn't said anything. Only thing we know is he is no longer doing Dark Matter. I would temper expectations, but who knows.

Forgive me anxiety driven (and hopefully temporary ignorance) and please entertain one more question(s): So, technically Sirius owns "Dark Matter" BUT Art could live stream another show via his website and call it something else? Or do regular radio and call the show anything but Dark Matter? OR does Sirius own him doing anything at all until his contract is up?

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 08:09:11 PM
i can't really respond to this other than to say you have no personal knowledge of what's happened behind the scenes between art bell and siriusxm.
I have a real hard time finding any scenario where this doesn't fall on Art.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: NefariousBanana on November 04, 2013, 08:09:07 PM
Do we know for sure that there's not a non-compete clause in his contract?
I would think the low salary he agreed on covered his ass.
Sirius XP gets Art Bell for chump change and they pull this shit.
He's not in it for the money!
I support his decision to walk away.
Can't wait to hear the whole story.

BattyBrooke

I am always cordial on here but the next person on here to say "Fuck you Art Bell" is going to get a virtual kick in the throat.

Now I'm listening to depressing music.  This really is like a breakup.  I'm a fucking mess.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 08:11:32 PM
with that, i have a hard time arguing.

People that have never had to sign a contract that goes both ways in responsibility as in for the company and the employee don't understand that you have to do certain things to make sure you are taken seriously, and never is it personal, it's always just what's the best for business for either party.

Art is doing what he deems best for his business right now. Doesn't mean he's done people.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on November 04, 2013, 08:15:23 PM
I have a real hard time finding any scenario where this doesn't fall on Art.

but that doesn't change the fact that we don't actually know shit.  yet.

williedee

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 04, 2013, 08:15:12 PM
Forgive me anxiety driven (and hopefully temporary ignorance) and please entertain one more question(s): So, technically Sirius owns "Dark Matter" BUT Art could live stream another show via his website and call it something else? Or do regular radio and call the show anything but Dark Matter? OR does Sirius own him doing anything at all until his contract is up?

who knows

SaucyRossy

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 04, 2013, 08:16:12 PM
I am always cordial on here but the next person on here to say "Fuck you Art Bell" is going to get a virtual kick in the throat.

You rock Brooke.

UrbanFool

Quote from: midnight on November 04, 2013, 08:04:23 PM
I got this odd feeling after the question of if the government would pass the budget or not.  He was really upset about this, and as well as said that he was going back to the Philippines.

It never even occurred to me that he couldn't keep broadcasting from the Philippines. But then I don't know that much about broadcasting.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Spooky Matter on November 04, 2013, 07:34:04 PM
Well it's one fucking thing to say this, "Sometimes when you are “all in” you win, sometimes lose.
By mutual agreement, Dark Matter will no longer air as of tonight."

And it's a whole nother to say this, "                             ."

:P Yeah come on Art stop acting like an asshole.

jblank

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM

Pull what shit? Not agreeing to his outrageous demands? You people have lost your marbles if you're blaming this on Sirius.

indigoo

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 04, 2013, 08:15:12 PM

I don't personally know the details of the contract. I'd assume if he does anything it won't be DM-related. Wish I knew if he even had a chance in hell at coming back on regular radio. Though I'd prefer an uninterrupted program after hearing so much content with DM. There's probably no non-compete clause, I just don't know what to make of it all. It's infuriating.

Quote from: HumanBeing on November 04, 2013, 07:59:57 PM
I've just realized I have had this on repeat on the second monitor for the past hour haha

I love that shit so much.

Also, the live in-studio show with him and Albert King. Oh my god.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 04, 2013, 08:15:50 PM

I too support Art's decision! AND, for those of you who are pissed because you signed up for a whole year of Sirius, well, you should all develop the same commitment issues I have and things like this wouldn't happen to you. No one is promised tomorrow. Monthly subscriptions is *always* the way to go.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jblank on November 04, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
Pull what shit? Not agreeing to his outrageous demands? You people have lost your marbles if you're blaming this on Sirius.

please list art's demands.

jblank

Quote from: BattyBrooke on November 04, 2013, 08:16:12 PM

Maybe if he'd stop saying fuck you to his fans, he wouldn't have us saying it to him.

suvata

Well, I guess it's back to C2C.  I know they're not as good but they are there when you tune in.

midnight

Quote from: UrbanFool on November 04, 2013, 08:17:21 PM
It never even occurred to me that he couldn't keep broadcasting from the Philippines. But then I don't know that much about broadcasting.

I don't know either.  It would be interesting to know if that would have been possible with Sirius.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on November 04, 2013, 08:13:14 PM

On the plus side, that means the fifth rate production company that does George's internet TV program is still in play.  EarthAlien007 is right, Art's phone is ringing right now.

bateman

Art just sent me this email:

QuoteI started the show with the expectation that my listener's would be able to stream the show since most were coming from AM.
They started the thirty day trial and found that it was dropping out on them every few minutes. After the 30 day trial most
did not renew, why would they? Faced with paying about $180 bucks a Year for something that was not working right, what would
you do? So I lost my base. My show is based on call in, if all I am left with is Truck drivers with cell phones going down the
road at 70 MPH, well you get the idea. So I asked Sirius to allow free streaming for a Year until they could fix their problems and
they said no. The show was simply not viable under these conditions.

Art

tprainbow

This is utterly pathetic. I hate to say it, but as a long time loyal fan...he is finally losing me. His ego, which i've tried to convince myself was him being some jesus-like persecuted and tormented victim(with a hint of mysteriously creepy), has just turned out to be him being a total self-interested dick willing to fuck his fans in the hardest way. There were many avenues to pursue other than playing "chicken" with Sirius and folding over on my last fucking hand. He's a shit businessmen and I even feel sorry for the guys at Sirius who pulled strings to put him up for his time as a squatter. What a bum. I'm starting to notice the way he shapes the world around him in order to pull off being such a narcissist. Its apparent that art lives in "his world" and that world isn't reality.

I'm not even 30...I feel sorry for those of you who have been with him longer than I.     

I can't believe, i'm saying this...but for the love of all that is late night radio: Man up Art, face the backlash, deal with it and give a little back for all you've been given and have taken from your listeners. Art(the craft-not the man) is not about what you put out there, its a reflection of the way you see the world and what is around you.

I'm just pissed off right now, pissing in the wind. Not sure how much of this is actually real within me. So disregard, or take it for what its worth. As parents say to their children... "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed"....oh wait!!! I have all this useless satellite radio shit laying around my house....I am indeed fucking pissed.