• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 14, 2015, 10:20:17 AM
Art deleted the facebook post now but he said he wouldn't be on the air "tonight or any other night" in his announcement, which was posted 15 minutes after another one that said he would be hosting Open Lines last Friday, prior to the talk with his wife. His mood swings are known to any AB fan but this one had far-reaching results with affiliates, subscribers, and the network itself. Does anything change after a weekend to think it over? No, station managers still won't trust him and nothing but the die hard fans will ever put money into a project he's attached to again.
Please tell me someone has a screenshot of this. And we are doing a show tonight, could it get any better? Seriously?  ::)

And zeebo you are just all kinds of amazing :-*

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2015, 10:31:24 AM
Dude he says in the post "I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night".  Not alot of wiggle room there.  If he wants to wiggle a bit anyway and do an occasional random show, I'm sure  people will still listen.

Im talking about the 3rd person title that everyone is crying about.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 10:32:25 AM
Yorkshire pud, your thoughts on spotted dick?

Not keen. I don't like the currants in it. However, apple crumble is a completely different tin of tomatoes.

pate

Is that ground up in a petrolatum cream and applied or taken internally?

Not asking, for me.  Jorch just PM'd about it...

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2015, 10:31:24 AM
Dude he says in the post "I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night".  Not alot of wiggle room there.  But if he wants to wiggle a bit anyway and do an occasional random show, I'm sure people will still listen.

If Art films himself doing 'the worm,' all is forgiven.

TigerLily

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2015, 08:50:57 AM
Aye and agreed.

If it were ME(MYSELF) as the target, I think I'd send the wife and kids to a safe place, but ME?  I'd stick around and see what the dumb-ass targeting me wants to talk about.  Not that I'd shoot first and ask questions later, but that option wouldn't be off the table.

Not always is the defensive/static position a detriment.

I've got another whiskey and mixer to drank, so I shall suffer the slings and arrows of the disapbropation(sp) or whichever in my own way.  Fire at will, lads (or lasses) as i'twerp!
Very coherent, pate  :)  :-*

BellBoy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 10:33:38 AM

Not keen. I don't like the currants in it. However, apple crumble is a completely different tin of tomatoes.

With or without custard? Your fans demand details!

(and where is your house?)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 04:33:43 PM
on FB

am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art
While it may be gone, here at bellgab it lives forever ::)

TigerLily

Quote from: nika01 on December 14, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
I was referring to people that make all sorts of asinine posts without truly knowing what all the facts are, which, seems to me, is just about everybody.

Disinformation is a powerful tool.
+1

pate

I hear YP is very distantly related to Genghis Khan.  Like a sister-uncle or sumtheen...

ediot: meh, sun is over fifteen degrees above the horizon, this close to solstice means it is early/late.  Mornin'/night y'all!

Quote from: pyewacket on December 11, 2015, 04:33:43 PM
on FB

I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.

Art

Quote from: ponyboysunset on December 14, 2015, 10:39:15 AM
While it may be gone, here at bellgab it lives forever ::)

Thanks, PBS.

Art, you can't walk this back without acknowledging what was said initially that caused an uproar from fans and damaged the network in the process. Don't treat your fans like fools by denying a retirement announcement.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2015, 10:41:21 AM
Its also still up on his website....

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-hangs-it-up-for-the-last-time/
Nice job! I was too busy posting the Rowland thing and missed it.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: BellBoy on December 14, 2015, 10:38:04 AM
With or without custard. Your fans demand details!

(and where is your house?)

Double cream.

My fans can contact my fan club secretary (RGG) who wil be happy to keep them updated with the latest news, views, exclusive photos of my toe nail cuttings and nasal hair.

My house is a cave secret address, somewhere in the only county in England; Yorkshire.

I care about animals and have been known to help throw old people under a bus across the road.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: pate on December 14, 2015, 10:40:53 AM
I hear YP is very distantly related to Genghis Khan.  Like a sister-uncle or sumtheen...

ediot: meh, sun is over fifteen degrees above the horizon, this close to solstice means it is early/late.  Mornin'/night y'all!

Only related via IVF. No other reason.

TigerLily

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 09:50:36 AM
Your influence was apparent on Friday, in real time.

We will miss you like hell--and many, many obviously hope to tune in live one of these nights and hear, "From the high desert, this is Art Bell," like this was all a bad dream, hah.

When you come back--if you come back--in this incarnation or any other, you'll still have an army of die-hards ready to help you roll it out in any big or small way we can.
Yes *sigh* and I probably will be one of them

ziznak

so... what did i miss in the last 50 pages this weekend?... whats the latest can somebody sum that up?

Quote from: ziznak on December 14, 2015, 10:48:44 AM
so... what did i miss in the last 50 pages this weekend?... whats the latest can somebody sum that up?

Art's a quitter. He might come back once in a wild wank, but don't hold your breath.

Chronaut

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 09:39:41 AM
I think she has what it takes to make it, she is smart, a great voice and a fast learner. I am giving her all the help I can. I think people will be surprised.

Art
I’m amazed by the strength of character it took to walk into the buzz saw of anger and confusion after your announcement on Friday.  And I love listening to her.  With you and Keith behind her, we’re in good hands.  Thank you for making the effort to keep the show running smoothly amid such taxing personal circumstances.

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 09:59:10 AM
I did not say I was Retiring did I? I said I was going off the air because of this increasing problem with a Stalker. If some time can pass without incident I would be happy to do a random show. The big problem with this has been I had a fixed routine making it way to easy for this fool.

Art
That’s great news and a smart plan, and it’s a huge relief to hear that your heart is still with us, despite the tragic abundance of negativity around here lately.  The most exciting shows of your career are ahead of you, and a large portion of your fans will do whatever we can to see you through to the other end of this dark tunnel.

Hang in there Art.  I wish we could rent you some well-equipped guards from Blackwater to catch this creep.  I’d love to see this guy zip-tied and held up before the cameras like a big game trophy.

Bellgab has become infected with hubrids.

Resistance is futile.

Yorkshire pud

Once upon a time there was a radio talk show host who decided he no longer wanted to do what he did. His reasons were not unreasonable; he had done it for years before and realised he no longer had the hunger and the motivation to have the same old woo woo merchants tell him the same things they were telling him twenty years before.

But he also realised he couldn't just retire. He had a huge fan base, many of whom had persuaded him to return to the airwaves. How could he break it to them without causing resentment? Difficult one...

The story continues...

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Chronaut on December 14, 2015, 10:50:56 AM
I’m amazed by the strength of character it took to walk into the buzz saw of anger and confusion after your announcement on Friday.  And I love listening to her.  With you and Keith behind her, we’re in good hands.  Thank you for making the effort to keep the show running smoothly amid such taxing personal circumstances.
That’s great news and a smart plan, and it’s a huge relief to hear that your heart is still with us, despite the tragic abundance of negativity around here lately.  The most exciting shows of your career are ahead of you, and a large portion of your fans will do whatever we can to see you through to the other end of this dark tunnel.

Hang in there Art.  I wish we could rent you some well-equipped guards from Blackwater to catch this creep.  I’d love to see this guy zip-tied and held up before the cameras like a big game trophy.

Be careful there, Chronaut.. you might be accused of being a fan.  ::)  Apparently that's no longer kosher on BellGab.

zeebo

Quote from: TinCupChalice on December 14, 2015, 09:50:36 AM
...When you come back--if you come back--in this incarnation or any other, you'll still have an army of die-hards ready to help you roll it out in any big or small way we can.

I think some of us have wandered off the battlefield at this point.

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2015, 10:54:06 AM
I think some of us have wandered off the battlefield at this point.

Yeah this was kind of the last one big chance.

Quote from: TigerLily on December 14, 2015, 10:47:57 AM
Yes *sigh* and I probably will be one of them

Yup, same here.  Who knows why some people can get bitter and walk away and get pissy and all that.  And why some will keep going back.  Guess there's too much good in the bank, here, over too many years, to let the deductions overshadow it.  Not saying it couldn't happen--but it hasn't yet, for me.  And next time he's back--tonight, in a week, or in five years--I'll be there.  I get the *sigh*, though, hah.

Art Bell

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 10:06:58 AM
The headline read and i quote "Art Hangs It Up For the Last Time." If this doesn't mean retirement I need to look the word up in a dictionary.

Yes, but that is a headline not a quote. I never said that.

Art

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:53:38 AM
Be careful there, Chronaut.. you might be accused of being a fan.  ::)  Apparently that's no longer kosher on BellGab.

Accused of being a fan? That isn't in question: Naivety? You could be accused of that.

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 10:56:52 AM

Art

Piss off Art, that is what you said.

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 10:56:52 AM

Art

"I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up."