• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 14, 2018, 11:57:19 PM
Hi 21st. Good to see you! Too bad the realDonaldTrump is not this ‘NicerTrump’ guy.  :P

Meanwhile, it’s good to see so many folks reminiscing about Art. At Heather’s fb page however, it’s all about her “pain”. Stealing Art’s thunder (in more ways than one).

Yeah,  I've finally started crying about Art's death.  I was in a state of shock for the last 6 hours.  I cry for his kids who will be without a father for the rest of their lives.  I got aggravated with Art over his frequent retirements but still loved the guy.  No one was better than Bell when he was at the top of his game.  Anyway, it is nice to see so many coming to Bellgab to pay their respects.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 14, 2018, 11:27:41 PM
He has such great words.

He has such a vast vocabulary!   :P  Good to see you too, SciFi. 

Catsmile

Quote from: Major Ed Damien on April 14, 2018, 11:33:14 PM
Art Bell has delivered his final 'Ta ta.'

He is now permanently East, West, North and South of the Rockies.

He is survived by his legion of fans and 17 cats he enjoyed fucking.

Also, a Saddam Hussein look-a-like with a serious case of radio mush-mouth.

Goodbye, Art.

Death is the one thing you couldn't flake out on.
Quote from: CrazyMax46 on April 15, 2018, 12:02:00 AM
You don't know that.

Without a doubt. Don't be so hasty. <hummm emoji>

ONeill

Rest in peace Art.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Robert on April 14, 2018, 06:43:22 PM
I saw the subjects here & thought it was a gag, so didn't look.  Then a friend phoned & asked if I knew.

Is that why the sad face, Roswells, Art?

Yes. Also, I'm out of glue.

Catsmile

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 15, 2018, 12:07:56 AM
Yeah,  I've finally started crying about Art's death.  I was in a state of shock for the last 6 hours.  I cry for his kids who will be without a father for the rest of their lives.  I got aggravated with Art over his frequent retirements but still loved the guy.  No one was better than Bell when he was at the top of his game.  Anyway, it is nice to see so many coming to Bellgab to pay their respects.

The whole thing is breaking me up too. Crying feverishly over my radio hero. It's stressed me out so bad I've started my period, and going through menopause all at once. I'm weeping from both ends at once.  :'(

I really feel sad for Asia and her mom nao.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Catsmile on April 15, 2018, 12:28:26 AM
The whole thing is breaking me up too. Crying feverishly over my radio hero. It's stressed me out so bad I've started my period, and going through menopause all at once. I'm weeping from both ends at once.  :'(

I really feel sad for Asia and her mom nao.

Gabcasters referred to you as a guy. ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 15, 2018, 12:26:20 AM
Yes. Also, I'm out of glue.

Sniffing paste is not as fulfilling. Tastes great though.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 15, 2018, 12:30:03 AM
Gabcasters referred to you as a guy. ???

That’s what Curtis has to tell his wife.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 12:31:11 AM
Sniffing paste is not as fulfilling. Tastes great though.

Less filling

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 15, 2018, 12:07:56 AM

Yes, it’s so sad especially for his little ones. Whether his passing was sudden or expected, they must be devastated. Bless their hearts.

On a lighter note, I think Art would be pleased to see BG honor him with his own death conspiracy thread  :D

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on April 15, 2018, 12:36:37 AM
Less filling

Hey TL. Crappy Mexican internet must be working, huh?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on April 15, 2018, 12:36:47 AM
Yes, it’s so sad especially for his little ones. Whether his passing was sudden or expected, they must be devastated. Bless their hearts.

On a lighter note, I think Art would be pleased to see BG honor him with his own death conspiracy thread  :D

I fully expect the GIS folks to get a scratchy recording...

“Turn down your device”

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 15, 2018, 12:40:19 AM
Hey TL. Crappy Mexican internet must be working, huh?

Yeah but don't tell anybody

SnapT

Heather is giving Noory shit on Facebook for announcing Art's death on C2C before the family did.  Yowsa.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SnapT on April 15, 2018, 12:59:30 AM
Heather is giving Noory shit on Facebook for announcing Art's death on C2C before the family did.  Yowsa.

It's not like he was the first. He held of quite awhile, double and triple checking. ::)

MV/Liberace!

good grief, this woman.

Morgus

Someone posting on Heather's facebook page wondered if they will play his C2C AM bumper music at his funeral instead of Amazing Grace.
Heather replied that yes, and that she is in charge of that.

Catsmile

Quote from: mv on April 15, 2018, 01:04:09 AM
good grief, this woman.

True. Queef Rowland also, to be fair.

WOTR

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 15, 2018, 12:24:26 AM

I know that when my father died the entire family left the funeral arrangements up to one of his employees who knew him for at least two years.  We all thought that person would know his desires and do a better job of it than we could.

WTF.  :o

Please tell me that there is a direct link to this.  I really want to see her post that she deserved to tell the world more than Noory did.  I'm not a fan of Jorch- but when the Nye sheriffs office puts out a statement like that he was supposed to do what with the information?   

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 15, 2018, 12:09:41 AM
He has such a vast vocabulary!   :P  Good to see you too, SciFi.

Likewise 21st :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 15, 2018, 01:44:45 AM
I know that when my father died the entire family left the funeral arrangements up to one of his employees who knew him for at least two years.  We all thought that person would know his desires and do a better job of it than we could.

WTF.  :o
Please tell me that there is a direct link to this.  I really want to see her post that she deserved to tell the world more than Noory did.  I'm not a fan of Jorch- but when the Nye sheriffs office puts out a statement like that he was supposed to do what with the information?

Some moral outrage for you to sink your teeth into. It's like oxygen for the SJW. :D

Fyodor Gutman

Wade needs to take a hike. Have enough class to step out of the picture here.

There is a young wife and two very young children who will need whatever he had left. With Art's death her Make-A-Wish scam has reached its linear conclusion.

If she wants to keep running the show it should come out of her pocket.

There are sadly always glommers-on when someone of relative means dies, and there is nothing thicker than blood. (I do not believe she is his daughter, FWIW)

So much for Art subbing for Wade when she is busy invading Area 51 this June.

I guess God got pissed and told Art that his radio days on earth are over.  "No more games, now come along Arthur like a good lad."

SciFiAuthor

Somebody in that crowd needs to do some damage control. I can't imagine they can justify hiring a filter such as a publicist or lawyer, they seem to just be winging it and tossing stuff out there. Not smart.

paladin1991

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 14, 2018, 10:03:36 PM
Someone messaged me to tell me as I don’t Facebook much these days. RIP Art. Thanks for the fun and great radio.

PBS!  Lonevoice....man, a lot of folks checking in.  Sad that it is this that brigs us back together. 

SredniVashtar

We'll probably start to get more of an idea what has really been going on over the next few weeks once the dust has settled a bit. I'm sure people kept quiet out of respect to Art, but grievances have a habit of getting loose after the funeral and I think we might get a better idea of what went on. The whole last act of Art's career was the oddest one of all and it would be good to learn what actually happened. I want Sci-Fi to get an interview with the 'stalker', as he was a prominent fundamentalist and true believer on that burning issue.