• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jasmine

I have to admit I enjoyed the program with author-paranormal researcher, F.J. Lennon, who spoke about his new book, Devil's Gate. I virtually ignored Snoory and was deliciously spooked by Lennon's paranormal accounts of the Colorado Street Bridge in Pasadena and the suicides there; Devil's Gate dam and the connection to the occultist Jack Parsons - vanishing children at the dam in the 50's, and the "presence" of the Shoshone Indians. Who knows if it's true, but the man can definitely weave a story.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Jasmine on August 14, 2012, 03:39:23 PM
I have to admit I enjoyed the program with author-paranormal researcher, F.J. Lennon, who spoke about his new book, Devil's Gate. I virtually ignored Snoory and was deliciously spooked by Lennon's paranormal accounts of the Colorado Street Bridge in Pasadena and the suicides there; Devil's Gate dam and the connection to the occultist Jack Parsons - vanishing children at the dam in the 50's, and the "presence" of the Shoshone Indians. Who knows if it's true, but the man can definitely weave a story.

I know you were valiantly ignoring Noory...but "I gots to know". Did Noory have to have who Jack Parsons was explained to him? The man's probably been mentioned a thousand times on C2C through the years, but I'm sure Noory was probably perplexed in his ape-like innocence."Now what's OTO stand for?" 

ItsOver

I'll have to admit that show kind of creeped me out, Jaz.  Just had to tune out Snoory.  I'm currently in the No Cal area, not far from from the Golden Gate.  Too many lost souls around this area, alone.

jinwicked

Quote from: ItsOver on August 14, 2012, 01:02:19 PM
Some caller actually requested George play that old recording of some dude on a phone supposedly watching an old lady beating some guy.  George stated he couldn't do it for several months since they'd recently played it and he didn't want to wear it out.  Of course, this was soon followed by Simple George announcing he'd be closing the show again with UFO Phil.  :o  Snoory is beyond belief.

I hate that stupid recording so much you have no goddamned idea. I hear it yet again, the radio is instantly shut off.

I cannot even understand what the guy says. It is just a bunch of unbearable cackling on a crappy phone line.

Eddie Coyle

John Lennon summed up C2C callers in 1970 in his "I Found Out"
        The freaks on the phone...

stevesh

Quote from: ShayP on August 14, 2012, 12:58:42 PM
A few nights ago George was talking about a common friend he had with Prince Albert of Monaco and how he met the Prince and became friends.

HAHAHA. The Prince of Monaco wouldn't bother to scrape Noory from the soles of his Berlutis.

Juan

That guy on the recording reporting the old ladies beating up the motorist - I'm sure I've heard him call in a couple of times and ask sNoory inane questions.  I've heard that tape so many times I have his voice memorized.

Sardondi

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on August 14, 2012, 03:51:24 PM
     I know you were valiantly ignoring Noory...but "I gots to know". Did Noory have to have who Jack Parsons was explained to him? The man's probably been mentioned a thousand times on C2C through the years, but I'm sure Noory was probably perplexed in his ape-like innocence."Now what's OTO stand for?" 
Quote from: Jasmine on August 14, 2012, 03:39:23 PM

Okay, based on these two posts I decided I'd try it. So after a couple of Dramamine to overcome my involuntary Noory Reflex, I listened, and it was pretty good - mostly because F.J. Lennon did the talking and kept George shut out and shut up.

But then in the segment after the bumper music of The Smiths "How Soon is Now", George just couldn't stay shut up. So beginning at 14:40 of that segment he brings up a reference Lennon makes in his book to Jim Morrison haunting an L.A. restaurant.* Noory's quote:

"You talk about Jim Doorison haunts a restaurant, right? In Hollywood?"

Lennon ignores it and moves one. George never catches it. *sigh* I understand middle-aged fumble-tongue, transposing words, etc. Standard stuff. But with George it always sounds like it's because he's distracted, doing something else. Like he's working in his interview between exciting games of computer poker that he'd much rather do than this stupid radio interview stuff.

*Of course George in his transition to this story throws in a completely irrelevant name-dropping aside - "I had the two surviving Doors on some time ago - You talk about Jim (Morrison) haunts a restaurant, right?" Huh? Totally useless to the interview, the guest or the subject. For a man with a staggeringly huge ego, Noory has his "ah shucks, I just love the listeners" act down pat. What an ass.

Jasmine

Quote from: Sardondi on August 15, 2012, 06:53:05 AM
Okay, based on these two posts I decided I'd try it. So after a couple of Dramamine to overcome my involuntary Noory Reflex, I listened, and it was pretty good - mostly because F.J. Lennon did the talking and kept George shut out and shut up.

Next time, try liquor - it's quicker.

But then in the segment after the bumper music of The Smiths "How Soon is Now", George just couldn't stay shut up. So beginning at 14:40 of that segment he brings up a reference Lennon makes in his book to Jim Morrison haunting an L.A. restaurant.* Noory's quote:

Lennon ignores it and moves one. George never catches it. *sigh* I understand middle-aged fumble-tongue, transposing words, etc. Standard stuff. But with George it always sounds like it's because he's distracted, doing something else. Like he's working in his interview between exciting games of computer poker that he'd much rather do than this stupid radio interview stuff.

I have visions of George playing solitaire on the computer with his right hand...which is perhaps indicative of his love life.

And do you think that Noory could show some degree of graciousness to his guests by NOT literally cutting them off at the end of their interviews? Noory needs to activate all five of his brain cells and eliminate the last caller so he can have a minute or so to properly wind down the interviews. I always feel bad for the guests - especially the good ones - when time runs out and Norry slams them with "Well, we're outta time. Thanks. Next up, open lines!"

Quote from: ItsOver on August 14, 2012, 10:54:55 PM
I'll have to admit that show kind of creeped me out, Jaz.  Just had to tune out Snoory.  I'm currently in the No Cal area, not far from from the Golden Gate.  Too many lost souls around this area, alone.

There's a very haunting and tragic video on Youtube showing Golden Gate Bridge jumpers leaping off the bridge. And it's horrific to witness the total apathy of the pedestrians walking the bridge and ignoring these lost souls who are positioned to jump, not to mention the cameraman who should have dialed 911 instead of continually filming these poor souls.

Lennon is right on about the Queen Mary (docked at Long Beach) and how it's a paranormal hot spot. I was aboard the QM back in 2008 for a tour, and you definitely feel something very intense when below decks, and it's not mere imagination. The feeling one has when walking the corridors and cabins of the lower decks is quite oppressive. The waiters in the ship's (hotel's) bar told us the engine rooms and crew quarters are especially eerie and that many staff won't go near those areas. If you ever have the chance to tour the QM, do it, and I guarantee you'll feel like "sumpthin's gonna happen".

ShayP

Quote from: jinwicked on August 15, 2012, 12:36:47 AM
I hate that stupid recording so much you have no goddamned idea. I hear it yet again, the radio is instantly shut off.

I cannot even understand what the guy says. It is just a bunch of unbearable cackling on a crappy phone line.

I am right there with ya!  The recording to me sounds staged anyway and dipshit Noory probably thinks it's real.
Supposedly a car full of old ladies gets out at an intersection and beats up a rude driver of another vehicle. He may have bumped them or something.  The guy talking about what he is seeing is forcefully laughing and describing the old ladies as looking like Mother Goose...wearing bonnets, etc.  Who the fuck wears a bonnet?

Eddie Coyle

*Of course George in his transition to this story throws in a completely irrelevant name-dropping aside - "I had the two surviving Doors on some time ago - You talk about Jim (Morrison) haunts a restaurant, right?" Huh? Totally useless to the interview, the guest or the subject. For a man with a staggeringly huge ego, Noory has his "ah shucks, I just love the listeners" act down pat. What an ass.
You are a better man than I for being able to endure such an onslaught of banality. Pop culture should be the "can of corn" for Noory, but yet it always turns into a high pop up into the sun on a very windy day at Candlestick. "Jim Doorison"  ;D . That sounds like a character from "The Rutles".

And the constantly being distracted thing is so glaring, I'm sure it would be rationalized with "I'm trying to do things behind the scenes", but we know George isn't answering phones or cutting IDs or updating weather and sports. He's fucking around with his new technological discoveries like an etch n sketch or Nintendo Gameboy.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on August 15, 2012, 08:05:07 AM
I am right there with ya!  The recording to me sounds staged anyway and dipshit Noory probably thinks it's real.
Supposedly a car full of old ladies gets out at an intersection and beats up a rude driver of another vehicle. He may have bumped them or something.  The guy talking about what he is seeing is forcefully laughing and describing the old ladies as looking like Mother Goose...wearing bonnets, etc.  Who the fuck wears a bonnet?

I guess I should be thankful for small favors, especially when it comes to anything to do with Snoory.  At least Snoory didn't go with the caller's request for that bag of audio trash.   Georgie was actually getting my hopes up by NOT playing the requested, whack, fake recording.   UFO Phil popping up like a bag migraine instantly trashed any hope that simpleton Snoory would continue with any good sense. 

Sardondi

Quote from: Jasmine on August 15, 2012, 07:51:09 AM...There's a very haunting and tragic video on Youtube showing Golden Gate Bridge jumpers leaping off the bridge. And it's horrific to witness the total apathy of the pedestrians walking the bridge and ignoring these lost souls who are positioned to jump, not to mention the cameraman who should have dialed 911 instead of continually filming these poor souls.....

Because of my chosen profession, or sometime just because of circumstances, I've seen and done things which some folks might consider dark or hard and which might make one callous: bodies of murder victims; murder scenes; even having to fight a man hand to hand to the very point of killing him just to keep him from killing me and my defenseless 8 y.o. daughter. Other than the personal combat (which so emotionally devastated me that, once the police got there and had things under control, I could do no more than sit up against a car door for almost 10 minutes), I don't recall being particularly shocked or sickened* at anything nasty I've seen or done...mostly because I guess I didn't have that luxury. 

But I have a totally different reaction to watching "realism" videos of mayhem and death. The idea of "Faces of Death" kind of videos, even the tourist recordings of bridge jumpers, upset and disturb me. This is certainly not a morality issue and I make no judgments of anyone else. I claim no kind of superiority whatsoever. In fact it seems odd to me that I make this kind of distinction. Maybe it has something to do with the perceived necessity of seeing these events I guess. If they must be seen because of circumstances of various persons, so be it.

For me it seems like real voyeurism if I were to choose to watch them. I know in many cases there was absolutely nothing the camera-person could have done to save the victims or stop the jumpers or other kinds of suicides. And I suppose an argument can be made that recording some of these things serves a valid purpose; which could be as a witness's statement, as a testament, historical record, perhaps even an artistic statement. However, so many feel to me like looking through a peephole at the most incredibly intimate act possible for a human. It changes nothing about what happened, but it feels wrong to see it. Of course it could be nothing more than a simple human tendency to avoid reminders of our own mortality.

Quote from: Jasmine on August 15, 2012, 07:51:09 AM...Lennon is right on about the Queen Mary (docked at Long Beach) and how it's a paranormal hot spot. I was aboard the QM back in 2008 for a tour, and you definitely feel something very intense when below decks, and it's not mere imagination. The feeling one has when walking the corridors and cabins of the lower decks is quite oppressive. The waiters in the ship's (hotel's) bar told us the engine rooms and crew quarters are especially eerie and that many staff won't go near those areas. If you ever have the chance to tour the QM, do it, and I guarantee you'll feel like "sumpthin's gonna happen".

Or could this be a function of what everyone expects to experience?

*Except with ripe floaters - 100% guaranteed gag city. The Silence of The Lambs' Vick's Vaporub trick is a damn lie, because the putrid miasma permeates your mouth; so you not only smell it but taste it as well. And it gets in clothes and even hair too. Pray a floater isn't in the morning, because going through the day with that stuff on you is...unpleasant. Big-ass garbage bags work okay as tops or "lap-laps". A torn corner makes a serviceable hair cover. If clothes are exposed for more than just a few minutes, when at home strip down outside if at all possible; then toss the clothes into a garbage bag to drop at the cleaners no later than the next morning. (Out of courtesy, tell the counter people what the deal is; or in the future expect missing buttons, 'unremovable' stains, etc.)

onan

Quote from: Jasmine on August 15, 2012, 07:51:09 AM

There's a very haunting and tragic video on Youtube showing Golden Gate Bridge jumpers leaping off the bridge. And it's horrific to witness the total apathy of the pedestrians walking the bridge and ignoring these lost souls who are positioned to jump, not to mention the cameraman who should have dialed 911 instead of continually filming these poor souls.

I don't think people are apathetic. I think it is deeper than that. Suicide is inexplicable. Yet how many of us have had a moment or a day where we thought "I hope that bus crosses over the boulevard and hits me."? Despair hits all of us. Most of the time, for most of us it is transitory.

Most of us also have some awareness that we are sometimes powerless over our own life circumstances, let alone a stranger's situation. Offering help seems noble and almost mandatory from a distance. But up close what can we say or do to allay the aloneness of another. I am quite sure many walk by and avert their eyes and perhaps their awareness to avoid their own despair. But if one engages one of those desperate souls, what can they offer except the endangerment of their own life? Or worse the weight on their conscience of absolute failure. Filming does seem crass. I can only hope that some higher level of social consciousness will spring forth better mental health care and better parenting education.

We all have internal conflicts that at times overwhelm us. Most of us have enough support that helps us continue to feel engaged in our lives. Some of us lose that sense of support. Sometimes the loss is purposeful sometimes the loss is due the cruelest of unforeseen circumstances. And many times the loss is from somewhere in the middle.

More to the point however is how suicide makes us look at what we hold as valuable and wonder why others don't see the same value. Or perhaps makes us wonder how we as part of humanity let others become so lost.

fysisist

Quote from: Jasmine on August 15, 2012, 07:51:09 AM

I have visions of George playing solitaire on the computer with his right hand...which is perhaps indicative of his love life.

I have visions (very unwelcome visions) of George playing solitaire in his pants with his right hand... which is extremely indicative of his love life.

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on August 15, 2012, 12:00:12 PM
But I have a totally different reaction to watching "realism" videos of mayhem and death. The idea of "Faces of Death" kind of videos, even the tourist recordings of bridge jumpers, upset and disturb me.

I haven't seen the sorts of things you have (as a civilian, anyway), but I have the same reaction. I haven't watched any of these sorts of videos (including the Muslim beheadings), nor will I ever. I wonder sometimes about the humanity of folks who enjoy seeing this kind of thing.

Jasmine

Quote from: stevesh on August 15, 2012, 01:21:51 PM
I haven't seen the sorts of things you have (as a civilian, anyway), but I have the same reaction. I haven't watched any of these sorts of videos (including the Muslim beheadings), nor will I ever. I wonder sometimes about the humanity of folks who enjoy seeing this kind of thing.

Agreed, and for the record, I had no idea what the content of the video was as I typed in the words Golden Gate Bridge. I only watched up until it was apparent what was happening.

Quote from: onan on August 15, 2012, 12:49:20 PM
I don't think people are apathetic. I think it is deeper than that. Suicide is inexplicable. Yet how many of us have had a moment or a day where we thought "I hope that bus crosses over the boulevard and hits me."? Despair hits all of us. Most of the time, for most of us it is transitory.

Most of us also have some awareness that we are sometimes powerless over our own life circumstances, let alone a stranger's situation. Offering help seems noble and almost mandatory from a distance. But up close what can we say or do to allay the aloneness of another. I am quite sure many walk by and avert their eyes and perhaps their awareness to avoid their own despair. But if one engages one of those desperate souls, what can they offer except the endangerment of their own life? Or worse the weight on their conscience of absolute failure. Filming does seem crass. I can only hope that some higher level of social consciousness will spring forth better mental health care and better parenting education.

We all have internal conflicts that at times overwhelm us. Most of us have enough support that helps us continue to feel engaged in our lives. Some of us lose that sense of support. Sometimes the loss is purposeful sometimes the loss is due the cruelest of unforeseen circumstances. And many times the loss is from somewhere in the middle.

More to the point however is how suicide makes us look at what we hold as valuable and wonder why others don't see the same value. Or perhaps makes us wonder how we as part of humanity let others become so lost.

Brilliant post and thoughts. I concur.

radiopub

Another tedious session that I mistook for
hypnogogic transcendentalism:

Guest compares George to Jesus...a higher being...
or at least his name is inserted in an adjacent sentence.

George: Is there ET intervention in Eqypt?

Guest skillfully works in the "Eloeem" (sp)
says they became the sons of god that "made it" with man

George: "I see."

it occurs to me, this would be a completely different show
if George actually interviewed instead of burping out
phrases from book covers. But I realize interviewing is not
what the show (George) is about (unlike Bell). May a
succubus wake me up.

jinwicked

errrrm errrrm ehhhhm ehhhhhm et cetera et cetera eeeem uh et cetera emmmmmm

Jasmine

Quote from: Sardondi on August 15, 2012, 12:00:12 PM
*Except with ripe floaters - 100% guaranteed gag city. The Silence of The Lambs' Vick's Vaporub trick is a damn lie, because the putrid miasma permeates your mouth; so you not only smell it but taste it as well. And it gets in clothes and even hair too. Pray a floater isn't in the morning, because going through the day with that stuff on you is...unpleasant. Big-ass garbage bags work okay as tops or "lap-laps". A torn corner makes a serviceable hair cover. If clothes are exposed for more than just a few minutes, when at home strip down outside if at all possible; then toss the clothes into a garbage bag to drop at the cleaners no later than the next morning. (Out of courtesy, tell the counter people what the deal is; or in the future expect missing buttons, 'unremovable' stains, etc.)

Thank you, Jack Kerouac.  ;)

For the life of Brian, the show I listened to last night was a Holy Grail of a Chick-fil-A deep fried hot mess. And the only reason I mention this fowl chain is because last night I had a severe craving for three of their chicken sandwiches. As I worfed down my chickee and fries, I endured George "interviewing" Wynn Free (Born Free? Winn Dixie?) who has got to be one of the most ramblin' man men I have ever heard. He's like a doddering yet sweet grandfather whose mind rests at the razor's edge, and who regals the family with long-winded tales of mind numbing familial folklore as mashed potatoes, gravy and peas are passed around. One hour of virtually nuthin but myriad of multiple, random and incoherent sound bites incongruent with my multiple chicken sammy bites and reincarnation and fraud David Wilcock being the reincarnated Cayce and then the girl in the cake is rolled out...some mentally retarded sounding child-woman who Free claims is the reincarnation of Saint...Saint...damn, I forgets. Georgie says to Free that child-woman's voice sounds like that of an angel's...and Norry would know that, of course. Georgie also claims Cayce prophesized California sinking into the Pacific and the revised coastline of the USA, that it hasn't happened...yet, but then asks Free how could Cayce be wrong? (??) If it hasn't happened yet, how can the man be wrong?

But I digest.

Jasmine

Quote from: ziznak on August 11, 2012, 01:44:41 AM
I could never imagine Noory being a pet owner.  He can barely relate to other human beings much less a different species.

Let's all pool our money and purchase a Tribble for George. Tribbles are furry, cuddly, adorable, and they purr and provide so much love. Tribbles are born pregnant, so in no time at all, VOILA! That one little orange Tribble in the C2C studio will morph into hundreds, then thousands, then tens of thousands, filling the studio. They will act as a viable sound buffer, effectively blocking out George's voice, interviews, open lines, etc.

Tribbles hate  Klingons...and since Georgie is of Lebanese blood, well, that's close enough for moi.

ShayP

Quote from: Jasmine on August 16, 2012, 08:59:48 AM
Let's all pool our money and purchase a Tribble for George. Tribbles are furry, cuddly, adorable, and they purr and provide so much love. Tribbles are born pregnant, so in no time at all, VOILA! That one little orange Tribble in the C2C studio will morph into hundreds, then thousands, then tens of thousands, filling the studio. They will act as a viable sound buffer, effectively blocking out George's voice, interviews, open lines, etc.

Tribbles hate  Klingons...and since Georgie is of Lebanese blood, well, that's close enough for moi.

LMAO!!!!  I seriously almost drowned sipping my coffee while reading that.  Soooo good.  ;D

Juan

My favorite bit last night:

sNoory - We'll go to Joe from Jeffersonville, you're on Coast to Coast AM.
Caller - Hello, George.
sNoory - Thank you.

stevesh

Another favorite from last night:

When wishing Robin Falcov a Happy Birthday Noory referred to Doctor Richard C. Hoagland

Sardondi

Quote from: Jasmine on August 16, 2012, 08:59:48 AM...Tribbles hate  Klingons...and since Georgie is of Lebanese blood, well, that's close enough for moi.

Hmmmm. "L" is the second letter in "Klingon"...but the first in "Lebanese". And it's missing entirely in "George Noory", just like it's missing in "Nibiru" and "reptilian" "reptoid".

Coincidence? Or are these clues, first laid down thousands of...days ago? Could this be the culmination of the ancient prophecies foretold in Morey's Irish Pub in the distant mists of 1946 by The Shamus Shaman, L. Ron Hubbard, insurance specialist and pyramid salesman?

You be the judge.

ziznak

Quote from: stevesh on August 15, 2012, 01:21:51 PM
Some who view such videos are the types who also hurt small animals and if especially sick move on to humans.  There are however other types of people who aren't sick but watch real snuff films and accidental death videos.  I'm not quick to raise my hand but I'll admit that I'm of the latter group.  When I see videos or pictures of a disturbing nature it's more of a lesson in empathy and forced philosophical contemplation of human mortality.  I think about what could have drove this person to whatever form of suicide they chose or I think about the family that won't see dad come home in his construction hat and overalls because of that giant concrete slab that deformed him so.  There's also the forensic and scientific/biological fascination as well that draws me to that dark side of the internet.  I will admit that the thought of what happens to this mortal coil when it meets a jet engine has led me to actually seek it out.  It's not pretty I assure you that.  There is more to be taken away from seeing these things than you might think.  Another valuable lesson I have learned from all of the leaked crime scene photos I've perused is that I'm very thankful to live in the country that I do.  There are so many places on this planet where human life is valued about as much as that of an insects.  There are places where the laws that currently protect us at work and at play do not exist and where a simple stroll down the street can get you killed.  That's not to say that you can't get killed in the street anywhere on planet earth BUT...  your chances of meeting an unfortunate end are much lower in the streets of American suburbia than the streets and outskirts of say Brazil... which by the way is one of the most brutal places on the planet apparently right up there with any war torn Arabian countries and all over Asia/Indonesia.  Don't lump people with such interests into groups in this way I assure you my humanity is still in tact stevesh!!  :P

PS... I forgot Mexico.... gah... I shudder to think

Quote from: Darisi on June 26, 2012, 10:36:50 PM
The one sure way to get Noory off c2c is to pressure the sponsors by either a writing campaign or by publicky denouncing or boycotting the products. Money talks and bullshit Noory walks.

Stupid MF.  You are discussing some really old and obviously ineffective shit.  Do your homework newbie.  Noory isn't going anywhere, esp. with somebody like you attempting to lead the overthrow dipshit.

Quote from: Darisi on May 17, 2012, 02:51:34 AM
Snoory and his guest are trying to out " incredible " one another.

Ahhhh, "out incredible!?". Did u actually "come up" with that all by yurself u crazy thinker!?

Quote from: Darisi on May 17, 2012, 12:39:23 AM
OMG!!!  This stupid conversation tonight sounds like two 13yo's who just stumbled on "Chariots of the Gods" for the 1st time.  Snoory can't seem to escape from his Jr. High level of journalism.  It's fucking insulting!

OMG OMG OMG you are so NOT PROFOUND!  It's fucking insulting to u!  OMG OMG OMG!  Maybe you should leave!

jinwicked

George is asking about "their" fear-mongering. My irony meter is about to explode.