• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dsz

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 08, 2018, 09:09:22 PM
Maybe she'll still get a thread if she manages a broadcast. This thread seems to be sticking with the original show.

"If." Hoping she goes with a quasi-professional organization and bails on Joe (no offense Joe). The crazies are wishy washy so it could happen.

WOTR

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 08, 2018, 09:06:55 PM
By the way, has Dave S always mentioned Bellgab multiple times per episode, and had his wife posting to social media during the show about this place?

Why or why not?  Why now?  I'm not sure we should be excited about it, it's just a marketing tactic.
Of course it is "marketing."  Hell, everything that we have seen all the way along is people getting exposure for their various endeavors.  Some go well, some not.  That said, I did look at his profile when he posted earlier today.  He joined 2013.  Now, he was not a prolific poster, and his last post prior to now was in 2016.  However, the good news is that he is not brand new to Bellgab- his appearance is not 100% fueled by marketing a new show.  I would assume that he was probably better off not posting in the GNS thread or others while filling in at Coast.

In short, he has been here in some capacity for years.  I think he probably has some idea what to expect, and it would appear that he is willing to take the good with the bad (I'm sure he has seen how Art, Heather and George have fared here.)  Time will tell where things go.  For now, it appears to be a honeymoon period.

***Edit- Actually, out of all of them, George probably fared the best.  He came here and the gabcast with humour and seemed to enjoy himself.  Maybe the good Dave learned something.?

...with pink champagne on ice...

dsz

Quote from: canadiancommie on May 08, 2018, 09:20:52 PM
Go to Senda's youtube NOW

Can't believe I managed to read that whole essay under the feed. Why are all these cats getting attacked?

cweb

Quote from: SergeantMajor on May 08, 2018, 05:08:51 PM
Sorry I am posting this late and if has already been brought up than double mea culpa. Midnight in the Desert as a name worked because Art was in the desert! Dave is broadcasting from Minnesota, no deserts there that I know of (other than the cultural one) so a renaming is needed.  I propose Minnesota in the Dark.
The actual location shouldn't matter, only the locale the host provides in your mind.

I have trodden through icy snow-covered fields in the dead of the winter's night; and aside from the temperature there can very much be a desert feel. A wide open sky, the silouette of land's curves flattened by an accumulation of particles, nary a soul nearby as the wind howls ominously through the vastness and pierces your bones. A desert in the snow.

69CheckMate

[attachment=1]
Quote from: WOTR on May 08, 2018, 09:23:10 PM
Of course it is "marketing."  Hell, everything that we have seen all the way along is people getting exposure for their various endeavors.  Some go well, some not.  That said, I did look at his profile when he posted earlier today.  He joined 2013.  Now, he was not a prolific poster, and his last post prior to now was in 2016.  However, the good news is that he is not brand new to Bellgab- his appearance is not 100% fueled by marketing a new show.  I would assume that he was probably better off not posting in the GNS thread or others while filling in at Coast.

In short, he has been here in some capacity for years.  I think he probably has some idea what to expect, and it would appear that he is willing to take the good with the bad (I'm sure he has seen how Art, Heather and George have fared here.)  Time will tell where things go.  For now, it appears to be a honeymoon period.

***Edit- Actually, out of all of them, George probably fared the best.  He came here and the gabcast with humour and seemed to enjoy himself.  Maybe the good Dave learned something.?

Faustina

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 03:18:10 PM
Umm... Pretty sure Coast does four seven days a week.

#TeamHeatherWad

That works for Coast coz it has two guests and topics a show (one guest/topic for 4 hours is too much), and it has great weekend fill-in hosts (one of whom is Ian Punnett again soon!!!!!!!).  :)

Lilith

popple

Another night of Dave. MITD about the evolve!  :o

dsz

Okay. Schrader won't change the opening theme... Then someone please send him a disco remix of it. Same theme, just a remix.

69CheckMate

[attachment=1]
Quote from: popple on May 08, 2018, 10:02:10 PM
Another night of Dave. MITD about the evolve!  :o

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 10:54:09 AM
Why would I come in here to pitch my Merch when it can all be found so easily at
www.DarknessRadio.com

www.DarknessEvents.com

www.Amazon.com/shop/darknessradio

To post about it here seems redundant.

heh heh

Taco Bell

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 10:02:21 PM
Okay. Schrader won't change the opening theme... Then someone please send him a disco remix of it. Same theme, just a remix.

Write a song, record it and send it to him.

PrairieGhost

This should be a good one tonight. MITD 4.0 AI Art?  :o

El Chorro

I like the music fine, and Dave is a whole lot more conversational tonight. After listening to last night's third hour today, I'm a fan.

dsz

I will give him one thing... Just one... He seems to be trying to pick news items you may not have heard as top of the hour headlines, which is refreshing. If, lurking Heather, you keep doing that you need to include more opinion or depth or something and not just read the headlines, esp. if it is one that has already been mentioned ad nauseam in the mainstream.

dsz

Quote from: Taco Bell on May 08, 2018, 10:06:07 PM
Write a song, record it and send it to him.

Do I look like mv?  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:06:57 PM
This should be a good one tonight. MITD 4.0 AI Art?  :o

News by Amy_Martin_4.21

CoolTen10

Quote from: Faustina on May 08, 2018, 09:54:53 PM
That works for Coast coz it has two guests and topics a show (one guest/topic for 4 hours is too much), and it has great weekend fill-in hosts (one of whom is Ian Punnett again soon!!!!!!!).  :)

Yes Ian! That's great news!

chefist

Integretron shoutout...cool...

PrairieGhost

Art would of jumped on the focusing on kids comment and dug into it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 10:02:21 PM

Disco sucks. You must have ignored the memo.

Dr. MD MD

Higher dimensional beings? 8)

PrairieGhost

If they don't want to pay for music, indie bands are the way to go. They are happy to let you use it for free to get exposure.

chefist

I had an encounter with a light beam...blew my mind.