• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Stream! (No longer in service)

Started by fromwomewhere outthere, October 01, 2011, 11:51:55 PM

bluth co.

Thank you so much!!!! I would worship you as a god if that position were not already filled by Art Bell.

linden2k

Bear with me for a few days. Reorganizing the library and id3 tags.

SnoorysStache

Thank you Linden. You're saving my sanity on the grave yard shift.

fotd

<waynesworld.jpg>

We're not worthy!!!

Thank you!

cmilviper

Yes, I have accessed Gandolf's content through Copy.com (very standard just like Dropbox or Google Drive ect.)....Gandolf is very nice, and has a lot of Art Bell content.  You signing up through his link simply gives him another 5 gb of free cloud space to upload more Art Bell content to share....there is no catch or danger....

Quote from: The Neverender on July 10, 2013, 07:44:31 PM
has anyone done the Gandolf's den/cloud thing?

seems kinda weird?  he gets more GB for recruiting more members? Do you have to pay for this? Am i going to get a virus? Will someone in china use my computer to hack some government agency web page?

gandalf50

Quote from: cmilviper on July 12, 2013, 01:48:08 AM
Yes, I have accessed Gandolf's content through Copy.com (very standard just like Dropbox or Google Drive ect.)....Gandolf is very nice, and has a lot of Art Bell content.  You signing up through his link simply gives him another 5 gb of free cloud space to upload more Art Bell content to share....there is no catch or danger....

Thank for clarifying cmilviper
Neverender as cmilviper says their are no catches. Just another free online storage alternative, similar to Skydrive, dropbox and Google drive. It's run by Baracuda Networks and to promote it they are giving users referal incentives. I just need about 5 more users (10 more if anyone wants the Snoory crap.) The instructions and link if anyone wants to help out are at my gandalf50.serveftp.com site
Thanks
~G

Stranger929

Anyone been to artbell.com today? The website is stirring.

There's a message there and the answer is YES!

Morgus

Quote from: Stranger929 on July 12, 2013, 04:15:43 AM
Anyone been to artbell.com today? The website is stirring.

There's a message there and the answer is YES!
yeah that message was decoded and discussed in the Art Bell thread here yesterday...

Morgus

Right now on the stream Art Bell has open lines from early 2001 with time travelers calling in.
If I could I would call in from the year 2013 and warn the 2001 Art Bell that some nitwit named George Noory would take over his show in 2003 and ruin the show over the next decade.

basswood

Quote from: Morgus on July 12, 2013, 02:50:41 PM
Right now on the stream Art Bell has open lines from early 2001 with time travelers calling in.
If I could I would call in from the year 2013 and warn the 2001 Art Bell that some nitwit named George Noory would take over his show in 2003 and ruin the show over the next decade.

Amen.

Edited to add: Thank you to Linden, listening right now also :)

ponyboysunset

Tune In works on android too! Just follow Jaz's instructions. Thanks Linden!

jazmunda

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 17, 2013, 06:16:50 AM
Tune In works on android too! Just follow Jaz's instructions. Thanks Linden!

For those that missed it on the last page here are some instructions on getting the stream on the TuneIn app. The steps may vary a little for android but you get the gist.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2827.msg121588.html#msg121588

Cynnie

I never claim to be a brainiac ..but i cant make the last steps work..is this the free tunein app? Cause the free one gives me no option to add an url ..help?

Lunger

Quote from: Cynnie on July 17, 2013, 10:24:44 PM
I never claim to be a brainiac ..but i cant make the last steps work..is this the free tunein app? Cause the free one gives me no option to add an url ..help?

Yes.

I didn't have a problem getting mine to work.

jazmunda

Quote from: Cynnie on July 17, 2013, 10:24:44 PM

What phone do you have? If I have some time later I will post some screenshots.

linden2k

Some shows that were on last week may be repeating until the end of the day. I had to restart the server and haven't been able to update the playlist.

Surmo

Praise the Lord!  Or make that Praise Linden! Thank you does not suffice.
I'm listening to the glorious Art Bell once again, and I owe it all to you.

Cynnie

Quote from: jazmunda on July 18, 2013, 07:29:47 AM
What phone do you have? If I have some time later I will post some screenshots.

I have an iphone and an ipad ..yeah ..im appled up i know .

I got something streaming last night ..and jesus it was awesome hearing all the old shows.
Arts shows were just so superior to the crap that c2c has turned nto .

Im scared to click off the page though cause im afraid it'll disappear forever

linden2k

I recommend downloading the shoutcast app. Just search 'coastgab' and it'll be there. TuneIn requires channels to sign up specifically with their app (which we did for Fine Art) and is therefore a pile of crap that should be boycotted and burned in the street.

linden2k

Quote from: Surmo on July 18, 2013, 04:27:17 PM
Praise the Lord!  Or make that Praise Linden! Thank you does not suffice.
I'm listening to the glorious Art Bell once again, and I owe it all to you.

How great thou Art!

stevesh

How is it that the Fine Art stream can be shut down, but the upstarts at dailyc2cam .com can post what seems like every C2C show the next day on Youtube ?

Morgus

Quote from: stevesh on July 19, 2013, 12:54:27 PM
How is it that the Fine Art stream can be shut down, but the upstarts at dailyc2cam .com can post what seems like every C2C show the next day on Youtube ?
probably your chances of getting targetted are much higher iif Noory's goons figure you are associated with a place such as coastgab that includes what Noory calls "the haters"  ;)

poprocksncoke

Quote from: jazmunda on July 11, 2013, 06:10:02 PM
iPhone users who use Tunein Radio can still listen using the app.

1. Go to this page on your iphone and hold down your finger on the first link.

2. Four options will pop up. Select the COPY option

3. Now open the TuneIn Radio app and go to the Favorites tab down the bottom

4. At the bottom press ADD A NEW CUSTOM URL

5. Paste the URL that you saved in step 2

6. Click Search

7. Select the Custom Stream that pops up.

8. Stream should start then click the Heart icon in the top right of the screen and enter a name for the stream. This will place a bookmark for the stream in the favorites tab.

Enjoy

And thanks Linden.

Could not get this to work on my android phone, says channel could not be played?

Thanks!

poprocksncoke

got it working on the winamp app, thanks Linden!!

linden2k

25 days straight of pre-9/11 shows coming at you!