• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on September 27, 2016, 11:37:15 AM
You know, for a doctor, you do a lot of anthropomorphizing, are you aware of that?

Well, being inherently self-centered as a species, we all do that. I've just known people lost to it...but hey, some of the best Rolling Stones records wouldn't have been made with out it so I am actually kinda torn about this one.   :P

Also, I just don't think drooling, falling into things and being unconscious are all that much fun. Different strokes for different folk, I guess.  ;)

analog kid

Quote from: mikuthing01 on September 29, 2016, 01:32:09 PM
This Day in History… Republicans Pass Anti-KKK Act â€" Outlawing Democratic Terrorist Groups

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/04/this-day-in-history-republicans-pass-anti-kkk-act-outlawing-democratic-terrorist-groups/

And then the Southern Strategy happened, which flipped the parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

History is a thing.

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 01, 2016, 05:52:46 PM
SMH

https://twitter.com/judicialwatch/status/782301562202755073
“War is peace. Freedom is slavery.  Ignorance is strength.”  Border insecurity is Homeland Security.

pate

"Why vote for the left-nut or right-nut when you can vote for the Johnson in the middle?"

(stolen from someone else, forgive if already shared at this particular ploditical meatun')

WildCard

Quote from: pate on October 02, 2016, 10:13:14 AM
"Why vote for the left-nut or right-nut when you can vote for the Johnson in the middle?"

(stolen from someone else, forgive if already shared at this particular ploditical meatun')

Ya, I could tell. It was coherent.

Stop stealing other people's thoughts.

pate

Tank yew tote please orifice-sir W.C.

Twas a throw-up cream oaf fashion.

In my stolen-thought criminal defense, I only borrowed it and it was left unattended.

I have always styled myself as a thought-criminal-mastermind, but find myself wondering now after this latest arrest if it was nature or nutrients that made me so>?

GravitySucks

Quote from: pate on October 04, 2016, 06:00:42 AM
Tank yew tote please orifice-sir W.C.

Twas a throw-up cream oaf fashion.

In my stolen-thought criminal defense, I only borrowed it and it was left unattended.

I have always styled myself as a thought-criminal-mastermind, but find myself wondering now after this latest arrest if it was nature or nutrients that made me so>?

Neider. Nutria

GravitySucks

This pisses me off.

And if gmail, hotmail, et al do not issue a statement saying "Not us" you can bet they did the same thing.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_YAHOO_GOVERNMENT_EMAIL_SCANNING?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-10-04-17-32-25

So was Obama lying to the world in 2013 when he said they didn't do that, or did he mean "Not yet"?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jun/19/barack-obama-nsa-people-emails

Pew: Most Americans Don’t Believe in ‘Scientific Consensus’ on Climate Change

According to the survey, only 27 percent of Americans agree that “almost all” climate scientists say that human behavior is mostly responsible for climate change, while 35 percent say that “more than half” of climate scientists agree on this. An additional 35 percent of those surveyed say that fewer than half (20%) or almost no (15%) climate scientists believe that human behavior is the main contributing factor in climate change.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/pew-most-americans-dont-believe-scientific-consensus-climate-change

136 or 142

This is, I think, the pool of elected people that the Republicans will choose from for their Presidential nominee in 2020 to run against President Hillary Clinton.

Some of them are facing reelection this cycle or in 2018 and, if they are defeated, their names should be removed from this list.  Given that politics is dynamic it's possible that some as yet barely known person could burst into the scene, however, because politics is dynamic, it's the reason why I think the comments of "the main Republican candidates for the 2020 Presidential nomination will be Ted Cruz, Mike Pence and Marco Rubio (or maybe a few different names.)" are so stupid. 

1.Sarah Palin, former Alaska Governor (unlikely to run, but she is well known enough to launch a President bid)
2.Lisa Murkowski, Alaska Senator
3.Jeff Flake, Arizona Senator
4.Tom Cotton, Arkansas Senator
5.Cory Gardner, Colorado Senator
6.Marco Rubio, Florida Senator
7.Bruce Rauner, Illinois Governor
8.Mike Pence, outgoing Indiana Governor
9.Joni Ernst, Iowa Senator
10.Matt Bevin, Kentucky Governor
11.Ran Paul, Kentucky Senator
12.Steve Daines, Montana Senator
13.Ben Sasse, Nebraska Senator
14.Brian Sandoval, Nevada Governor
15.Kelly Ayotte, New Hampshire Senator
16.Chris Christie, New Jersey Governor (if he isn't in prison)  (his cellmate shoud be Andrew Cuomo)
17.Patrick McCrory, North Carolina Governor
18.John Kasich, Ohio Governor
19.Rob Portman, Ohio Senator
20.Mary Fallin, Oklahoma Governor
21.Patrick Toomey, Pennsylvania Senator
22.Nikki Haley, South Carolina Governor
23.Tim Scott, South Carolina Senator
24.John Thune, South Dakota Senator
25.Bob Corker, Tennessee Senator
26.Ted Cruz, Texas Senator
27.Mike Lee, Utah Senator
28.Scott Walker, Wisconsin Governor
29.Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House

Have I made any errors?  Any additions or subtractions?

analog kid

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/28/495782978/journalist-says-trump-foundation-may-have-engaged-in-self-dealing

Good interview with WaPo reporter David Fahrenthold, who's probably going to win a pulitzer for his investigations into Trump's shady foundation.

analog kid

Quote from: Jackstar on October 07, 2016, 02:30:27 PM

How can you expect to be taken seriously?

It's misleading. Donations like those from the Saudis were taken since the 90s, but none when she was Sec of State, and there is so far no proof of pay-to-play with the CF. It's speculation at this point. If it's that she has connections to the Saudi government, Trump does as well.
Quote“[The Saudi Government] spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

whoozit

This is your friend when you talk politics:

whoozit

Don't talk politics with friends.

WildCard

Quote from: whoozit on October 08, 2016, 01:23:53 PM
Don't talk politics with friends.

KeK

I'm your friend. Hillary's your friend. We're from the government and we're here to help you.

Rix Gins

I've been thinking about the second debate.  It's got some good potential for fireworks, in fact if there aren't any it's going to be curtains for Trump, so it will be interesting to see if he can turn things around.

This will be a town hall style debate so I'm thinking that both candidates will be all comfy on a couch.  Clinton should have lots of energy after having rested, and gone are the forecasts of her keeling over for having to stand for too long.  (She had lots of energy in the first debate.)  I swear, in that first debate it seemed like Hillary didn't take a sip of water, while Donald had a number of drinks.  (I took it as a nervous gesture.)  Will this ratio of water drinking be repeated?

I don't like the close in camera shots of both candidate's heads while they debate.  Too claustrophobic.