• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

HK-50

In July we shall declare independence from the "Suck".

Solo

Quote from: HK-50 on March 23, 2015, 09:29:53 PM
In July we shall declare independence from the "Suck".

Been a long time coming.   8)

Quote from: nika01 on March 23, 2015, 07:29:05 PM
It is interesting. At one time I liked Ian, but he changed.

Not a wells fan either.

I liked Ian earlier on as well.  I agree, at some point he did change.  I attribute it to the time he was made to apologize on multiple nights for getting into that argument and tossing one of Noory's buddy-guests off his show.

His quirks became much more pronounced, and began to grate.  Really grate.  Not every show - it seemed like if he was doing both weekend shows he'd get whatever it was out of his system on Saturday and have a good show on Sunday.  But I finally just quit listening to him. 

Solo

I could tolerate Ian to a degree, but that's about the extent of it.  For me personally Art was the only one that seemed to consistently ask the questions that I was usually asking myself on the majority of topics from show to show, which in turn played a large part in the prioritizing of my time around the witching hour.  Quality interviewing is quality interviewing... accept no substitutes.  ;)

jazmunda

The best thing I ever heard Ian do was calling in to George off his tits drunk.

If anyone has that audio I would love to hear it again.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Solo on March 23, 2015, 09:47:44 PM
Been a long time coming.   8)

It's going to be a great party, too.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 10:15:16 PM

It was on YouTube for a long time.  Do you think he was really drunk?  Ian claims he was in a half dream state or something.  Regardless, it was entertaining.   ;D

Laurakinch

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 10:15:16 PM

Ian is at about 2:45. I've always felt uncomfortable listening to this, almost sounds like he's having a stroke.  The vid contains other extreme flubs, sounding like the announcers are suffering TIAs

6 news reporters found speaking gibberish. What is going on! NEW March 2012

jazmunda

Quote from: Laurakinch on March 23, 2015, 10:29:36 PM
Ian is at about 2:45. I've always felt uncomfortable listening to this, almost sounds like he's having a stroke.  The vid contains other extreme flubs, sounding like the announcers are suffering TIAs

Hahaha. Brilliant. Makes Dave sound eloquent.

Quote from: ManiacMatt on March 23, 2015, 10:28:50 PM
It was on YouTube for a long time.  Do you think he was really drunk?  Ian claims he was in a half dream state or something.  Regardless, it was entertaining.   ;D

Could have been ambien.

popple

My favourite part is how at the end of the gibberish George just says "Yeah, exactly"

Heather Wade

Quote from: popple on March 23, 2015, 10:40:20 PM
My favourite part is how at the end of the gibberish George just says "Yeah, exactly"

Maybe gibberish is his native tongue?

HK-50

Quote from: (Redacted) on March 23, 2015, 10:44:12 PM

Very likely; in Dave-speak, that nonsense probably made perfect sense.  I'm surprised he didn't respond "well, that's true too!"

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 09:07:19 PM
When was the monkey noises show?
It was a  Lear show in the mid  90's. I was streaming some art the other night when I heard it.  I made me recall a long dormant memory. I don't think it came across the radio very well. But I know Art heard it on the phone. I am glad Art was not offended if anything he seemed slightly amused.

popple

That may just be.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 23, 2015, 10:48:39 PM
It was a  Lear show in the mid  90's. I was streaming some art the other night when I heard it.  I made me recall a long dormant memory. I don't think it came across the radio very well. But I know Art heard it on the phone. I am glad Art was not offended if anything he seemed slightly amused.

Art were you offended by this call? If so I can arrange for nooryisawesome to get banned. I have an on again, off again relationship with the forum owner. ;)

nooryisawesome I will try and dig that one up and give you a date.

PathoJen

I was just about to type that. Hilarious!

morgana213

Quote from: HK-50 on March 23, 2015, 10:46:30 PM
Very likely; in Dave-speak, that nonsense probably made perfect sense.  I'm surprised he didn't respond "well, that's true too!"
Or "do you think it could be a demon?"

rzr1911

Goerge always does that. Give some standard remark when he either didn't listen or didn't comprehend something, or when it was gibberish.
absolutely. probably. exactly. etc...
It sounds better then "whatever".

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 10:51:00 PM
Art were you offended by this call? If so I can arrange for nooryisawesome to get banned. I have an on again, off again relationship with the forum owner. ;)

nooryisawesome I will try and dig that one up and give you a date.

I will need to send you a gmx water softener. Remember it does not remove the mineral deposits it changes them at molecular level.

Nick el Ass

Maybe if Dave was to try to speak gibberish it would come out clear.

WOTR

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 23, 2015, 12:30:11 PM
I was listening to a old show with leer as the guest. I completely forgot about a call in I made in the mid 90's as a 5th grader. I dialed my little heart out for 4 nights straight. I finally got through and panicked. I had this animal noise maker I used to use to annoy my brother with. I was to scared to talk when I heard east of the Rockies you are on the air. So I just pushed the monkey noise button.

Art was nice enough to say anything else? No, well I guess that's all he had to say.

I get the feeling that Art had all kinds of callers back in the day and probably just got a chuckle wondering why somebody would choose to play monkey sounds.  Dave, on the other hand, would get annoyed and hit the "cough button" and pretend as though nobody was ever there.

WOTR

Quote from: laserjock on March 23, 2015, 04:22:39 PM

And your presence at various conventions should be a consideration, also, like broadcaster conventions.
Indeed... You could sing duets with Dave if you attend the "right" ones. :P

The excuse was he was sleep calling. I think he was obviously drunk.

rzr1911

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 23, 2015, 11:32:38 PM
The excuse was he was sleep calling. I think he was obviously drunk.

Maybe these people had a brain stroke. I don't think they were drunk.
It's not so funny when you think about it.

signs and symptoms

Strokes occur quickly, and as such their symptoms often appear suddenly without warning. The main symptoms are as follows:

Confusion, including trouble with speaking and understanding
    Headache, possibly with altered consciousness or vomiting
    Numbness of the face, arm or leg, particularly on one side of the body
    Trouble with seeing, in one or both eyes
    Trouble with walking, including dizziness and lack of co-ordination.

WOTR

Ian is at about 2:45. I've always felt uncomfortable listening to this, almost sounds like he's having a stroke.
Wasn't that the exact words that Dave used later to describe his "concern?"

HK-50

Maybe it was Dave's reply about the octopus that caused Ian's brain to shut down.

jazmunda

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 23, 2015, 10:48:39 PM

I think I found it on a show labelled 1998-01-15. Were you calling on the Toll Free Line. Art went to the call and it appeared as if no one was there. Art said "hello there" and then said "no you're not" and then went to the next call. I couldn't hear any monkey noises.

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 23, 2015, 11:42:12 PM
Maybe these people had a brain stroke. I don't think they were drunk.
It's not so funny when you think about it.

signs and symptoms

Strokes occur quickly, and as such their symptoms often appear suddenly without warning. The main symptoms are as follows:

Confusion, including trouble with speaking and understanding
    Headache, possibly with altered consciousness or vomiting
    Numbness of the face, arm or leg, particularly on one side of the body
    Trouble with seeing, in one or both eyes
    Trouble with walking, including dizziness and lack of co-ordination.

Punnett claims to have some sleep disorder. I think some of the other people could have had stroke's or something serious. Punnett was just drunk.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: HK-50 on March 23, 2015, 11:53:33 PM
Maybe it was Dave's reply about the octopus that caused Ian's brain to shut down.

Maybe it was just Dave. I think he has a way of making those around him dumber.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 23, 2015, 11:56:16 PM
I think I found it on a show labelled 1998-01-15. Were you calling on the Toll Free Line. Art went to the call and it appeared as if no one was there. Art said "hello there" and then said "no you're not" and then went to the next call. I couldn't hear any monkey noises.
may have been that. I definitely  called the 1800 as my dad would have killed me If i called Nevada 100 millions times at 3am or later long distance.  It was definitely the East of the Rockies line. I have the torrent I will have to give it a listen. I know you could hear something in the background but it was not very clear. I think Art actually said something like I guess that was it, so they may not have been that. Ill find the show, i meant to put on the Lear episodes on my mp3 player but I woke up late before work.