• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ian Punnett

Started by sillydog, April 06, 2008, 04:15:35 PM

What do you listen to when you can't take C2C anymore?

Nothing
Mainstream talk radio
Progressive talk radio
Music
TV
Podcasts
Ian was much better under Art, he kept the bullying and preening to a minimum.  He didn't respect George Noory, and who would.

Scully

I was a lurker at the C2C Chatroom Tuesday night when Ian was the guest.  These were a couple of things Ian said that I thought were interesting.

Someone asked how Ian got started at C2C.

Ian Punnett: I was in Atlanta working for the company that just bought C2C. Art was hoofing it but when he was sick or needed a night off, the company didn't like who Art would pick to be his fill-ins, I guess. I was the first fill-in that Art said yes to that he didn't know, I was told.

Someone asked for words of advice on being a good radio host interviewer:

Ian Punnett: Yes, and I hope someday it's you that could host. Listen to the guest, keep them on track, don't let them fall into their usual spiel unless it's good spiel and ask the next logical question even if it seems weird.

CampsieNP

Quote from: Scully on June 21, 2013, 03:54:29 AM
I was a lurker at the C2C Chatroom Tuesday night when Ian was the guest.  These were a couple of things Ian said that I thought were interesting.

Someone asked for words of advice on being a good radio host interviewer:

Ian Punnett: Yes, and I hope someday it's you that could host. Listen to the guest, keep them on track, don't let them fall into their usual spiel unless it's good spiel and ask the next logical question even if it seems weird.

He didn't add the words,,,"unlike someone we know". ?

Scully

Quote from: CampsieNP on June 21, 2013, 10:58:15 AM

He didn't add the words,,,"unlike someone we know". ?

'fraid not, Campsie.  :)

SR-71

Does anyone knows what Ian Punett is going to cover on his last show on C2C??

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Histronic Fop on June 14, 2013, 02:35:34 PM
For Father's Day, I got my dad a copy of The Last Battle, based primarily on IP's interview last Sunday with author Stephen Harding.

Noory has never talked about one damn thing I'd go out and buy.
That's an excellent point. I hadn't thought about it, but I've bought a few books after hearing the authors interviewed by IP. Never happened with other C2C hosts.

ItsOver

Quote from: Histronic Fop on June 14, 2013, 02:35:34 PM
For Father's Day, I got my dad a copy of The Last Battle, based primarily on IP's interview last Sunday with author Stephen Harding.

Noory has never talked about one damn thing I'd go out and buy.

Finally getting around to listening to this show, with Ian interviewing Harding.  Of course, Ian's actually read the book and was excited to discuss it.  He did a marvelous job with Harding.  Guiding and adding to the interview.  Such a contrast to the pitiful brain-dead Noory and his stupid cue cards.   :P

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 28, 2013, 09:38:51 PM
That's an excellent point. I hadn't thought about it, but I've bought a few books after hearing the authors interviewed by IP. Never happened with other C2C hosts.
Michio Kaku writes some decent stuff.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on June 28, 2013, 09:38:51 PM

Same here.

Ian Tweeted:   Coming up Sunday night, my last night on Coast to Coast and very likely my last regularly scheduled radio show ever.  #makeitlastallnight

He should really go back to blogging, his tweets are incredibly dull.

[attachimg=1]

SR-71

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 09, 2013, 05:23:34 AM
Ian Tweeted:   Coming up Sunday night, my last night on Coast to Coast and very likely my last regularly scheduled radio show ever.  #makeitlastallnight

[attachimg=1]
This sunday will most likely be my last sunday too listening to coast because ian is a good host. I might listen to knapp too. I hope ian last show will be awesome. he should go out with a bang.

He should write a tell all web blog... or join this site... I'm sure Ian wont get upset if someone asks how Art is doing...

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 09, 2013, 05:23:34 AM

[attachimg=1]

What the???  Looks like Ian doing a Yoda impression.  ;D

b_dubb

end of an era. and an error (n00ry) continues

VtaGeezer

Quote from: The Neverender on July 11, 2013, 11:51:36 AM
He should write a tell all web blog... or join this site... I'm sure Ian wont get upset if someone asks how Art is doing...
That would be awesome...but I wonder if PRN has all talent in contractual straight jacket as with Bell.

Quote from: The Neverender on July 11, 2013, 11:51:36 AM

It will be interesting listening to this show.  As a student getting an advanced degree in broadcasting management, will this be an advertisement/application for a new job down the road?

Will he give closure to the ongoing stories like the Smiley Face Killers and DB Cooper?

Being more aware of the clock ticking than he even usually is, will he be less patient with guests and especially callers?

Will there be more personal anecdotes than usual?

Will he just do the show and it will sound like any other?

Will he tell us the real story about the time he called George and rambled incoherently?  Will he have scores to settle?  George to cryptically criticize?  Some new personal news to break?  A final message?

This may be the highest rates show since Art left

VtaGeezer

I'm curious about how much Punnett, Bell and Noory know about each other beyond program notes, management interfaces, and occasional industry events. Not much, I suspect; Bell never seemed to me to be the gregarious or collegial sort; especially since the various hosts were physically spread all over the country and had almost no direct contact.  Same shop but different shifts.  "Buddy" references are a common facade in the entertainment industry. 

gandalf50

Ian's ending his C2C tenure with a bang. He just tweeted
Sunday on C2C, my last show will feature Jason, the human man with the soul of a horse, a look back at WWZ, D.B. Cooper update and more!
[attachimg=1]

Quote from: gandalf50 on July 11, 2013, 09:31:57 PM
..., my last show will feature Jason, the human man with the soul of a horse...

So he's leading with 'stupid'

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 11, 2013, 09:56:24 PM

So he's leading with 'stupid'
I agree. IMO, that show ranked with any of Noory's worst.  I remember hitting the off button.

I guess he has to go with the popular shows he is known for.  I've never heard the man who thinks he is a horse, but I've often heard it referenced. 

Regarding the time Ian sounded completely incoherent, I didn't hear that either but he has addressed it saying it was a bad reaction from his tinnitus meds.

Morgus

Sunday on C2C, my last show will feature Jason, the human man with the soul of a horse, a look back at WWZ, D.B. Cooper update and more!
excellent, i was hoping Ian would have Jason the horse-man back again...

karios8

I remember Jason the horse...he made me realize it was a perfect night to go to sleep a little early

gandalf50

Quote from: Morgus on July 11, 2013, 11:40:43 PM
At least Morgus is pleased.  :o

Whinny'ing horse

[attachimg=1]

Ian Twitter:

"Final C2C show Sunday, I'll replay a seg from author of World War Z. The movie, BTW, was fun in 3-D. The radio interview was in 3-D too."

Because that was just such a good show too

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on July 11, 2013, 11:40:43 PM

It beats this horse's a$$.

NowhereInTime

I don't mind telling you that when Ian gives us his last "Deus te amat, and so do I" that I'm probably going to get choked up.  I am going to miss you, Deacon Punnett.

Morgus

The c2cam website has the full listing for tonight's show now.
Ian Punnett has hosted longer than Noory...

Ian's Farewell Show
Sun 07-14

Ian Punnett has been hosting Coast to Coast AM since 2000. He bids us a final farewell on this, his last show. Listen for updates from Dr. Judith Orloff, Bill Szostak and Kelly Snider, Galen Cook, Jason 'The Horse,' Peter Levenda, Lynn Picknett and Clive Prince, and others as we drive down memory lane with Ian one last time.