• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Is this true? Is George having these types of guests on?

Delphi

Yeah that's true,  I heard the other night on coast, they were talking about this

Quote from: Azzerae on January 29, 2015, 11:54:29 AM
I was listening to Fade to Black a short while ago, where someone tweeted Church comparing him to Art Bell.

I don't know...

Thoughts?
The tweeter is an idiot, there is no comparison - Church HAS an ongoing paranormal show, Art Bell HAD a show.

Quote from: eddie dean on January 28, 2015, 11:02:56 PM
This Sunday with Mike Bara
No surprise. Art and Keith made it pretty clear to JC that his weekend hosting gig on C2C was a "one time thing" or else.
Or else what?  They would continue to not write him checks, not promote his show or their "network", and continue to do nothing to help him further his career?

Some threat...

Heather Wade

Quote from: jazmunda on January 29, 2015, 06:38:45 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Is this true? Is George having these types of guests on?

Nooron likely got this pearl of stupidity from Alex Jones.  They've been on the anti-vaccine kick for a few years now.

Daggit

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 06:49:15 PM
The tweeter is an idiot, there is no comparison - Church HAS an ongoing paranormal show, Art Bell HAD a show.

Not sure why the two can't be compared?

Eddie Coyle

Spawn of Noory listeners being put in peril?

Doesn't seem like a horrible idea.

Quote from: Daggit on January 29, 2015, 07:01:57 PM
Not sure why the two can't be compared?
I was just being a wise ass.  Have never listened to Church, but apparently he has an ongoing show, and will host C2C again on the weekend.  So this week, Church > Bell.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 29, 2015, 07:04:50 PM

I know you posted this in jest. But, I see Arts point. I feel for the children whose parents are idiotic to get their children vaccinated. There is not much debate that the rewards outweigh the risk with standard vaccinations. Also, most of the "risk" are completely made up by Nooys guests.

In all honesty it wouldn't be a big deal if Noory occasionally had these type of guest on but Noory chooses to have these sort of guest on almost weekly.

Also andrew Wakefield whose research most of these quacks cite as to why you shouldn't give your children vaccines, has been proven to have Manipulated data. In fact his work was completely retracted and the journal it was published in stated they were deceived. Wakefield is also not able to practice medicine in the United Kingdom due to his deceit. He had the UK equivalent of having his medical license revoked.

Daggit

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 07:05:38 PM
I was just being a wise ass.  Have never listened to Church, but apparently he has an ongoing show, and will host C2C again on the weekend.  So this week, Church > Bell.

I thought so and I get your point. I've only listened to snippets here and there of Church and still think that Art not being on the air is still greater than Church.

McZippie

Art's comeback is Deja Vu all over again.
Was still wishing and hoping that the Beatles would make a comeback until Mark David Chapman ended that dream.

Same back then... Every Sentence and word anal analized for the real message

Daggit

Some of Art's replies:

He's doing it because it makes you mad and when you're mad it puts you off your game. It's worked before.

laserjock

I applaud Art for speaking up about this.  Noory is, in my opinion, a child endangerer, convincing parents to put their children at risk makes him lower than pond scum.

Catsmile

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 06:59:44 PM
Or else what?  They would continue to not write him checks, not promote his show or their "network", and continue to do nothing to help him further his career?

Some threat...

Hater. Some sycophant u r.

Why does anyone care about Church?
More power to him whatever he does.
He can join Jonny B on the Short Bus to Midday... meh. 

Delphi

Thanks for the FB snippets

Catsmile

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 29, 2015, 07:04:50 PM

Yeah sounds like a win win situation, but that makes me the asshole somehow.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 06:59:44 PM

Some threat...

I get the feeling that Church is well aware that Art's criticisms will continue to come from social media and not an actual radio show. Be it this week or July.

littlechris

Is Art Bell just trying to stir up doo-doo?

I thought Noorey stopped mentioning his name on the radio and on the c2c website?

popple

I thought it was when people of a certain age stopped doing what they loved they were more at risk of dying?

Quote from: Catsmile on January 29, 2015, 07:53:27 PM
Hater. Some sycophant u r.

Why does anyone care about Church?
More power to him whatever he does.
He can join Jonny B on the Short Bus to Midday... meh.
Exactly.

Imagine the phone ringing at Church's place:

Jimmy: Hello

Tommy: Hey Jimmy, it's Tommy from C2C.

Jimmy: Who?

Tommy:  Tommy, the fat fuck who works for George Noory.

J: Oh, right.  What can I do for you.

T: Well, I hear you have done a pretty good job on that streaming site, and have built up an audience of a couple hundred regular listeners.  Not bad for a site no one's heard of.  Are you passionate about broadcasting, and interested in reaching a wider audience?

J: Yes, I am.  Being in broadcasting is my greatest dream in life. Just like Art.

T: Cool.  How would you like to be heard on 500 stations, and around the world streaming, filling in for George this weekend.

J:  It would literally be a dream come true.

T: Great.  What does DMR pay you per show?

J: (long pause) People get paid to do this?

T: I see.  How about a couple of grand per show.  I have to warn you though, Art might get pissed off.

J: Art who?

Delphi

Quote from: littlechris on January 29, 2015, 08:28:15 PM
Is Art Bell just trying to stir up doo-doo?

I thought Noorey stopped mentioning his name on the radio and on the c2c website?
Those aren't recent Facebook screenshot FYI

Daggit

I really don't have a problem with what Jimmy did. If he had been working side by side with Art and if they had a protege/mentor relationship and then he defected and screwed Art then there might be a case to be made. However Jimmy wasn't even getting paid. He had a handful of listeners and Art's name wasn't even associated with the network. Heck Art is not even a certainty to return. I was under the assumption that the seat he was keeping warm for Art was Jimmy's own seat and Art never sat in it.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 29, 2015, 07:57:26 PM
   I get the feeling that Church is well aware that Art's criticisms will continue to come from social media and not an actual radio show. Be it this week or July.
I wonder what edict he will fire off from the double wide tomorrow. Keith Rowland must receive twenty lashes for not averting his gaze in Art's presence?  His fans can no longer eat at Chipotle because it gives him the trots?  Jimmy can only appear on other shows if he interjects the words "Art Bell" at the end of every sentence?  Sex is forbidden unless Pizza Punch is used as lube?

I loved his show, but the guy has become the Al Davis of radio.

Daggit

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 09:09:20 PM
Sex is forbidden unless Pizza Punch is used as lube?

Now I'm torn between Pizza punch and mayonnaise.

3OctaveFart

Jorch and Jenny McCarthy make likely intellectual allies.

Read at least one doctor's office is refusing to treat unvaccinated patients. A high school started sending unvaccinated students home.

I suspect we are going to see a lot of anti-vaccine bluster in the GOP primary.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on January 29, 2015, 09:09:20 PM

I loved his show, but the guy has become the Al Davis of radio.

At least with Al, they had to carry him feet first from the owner's box in that dungeon in Oakland. He wasn't making proclamations from the Philippines like some bizarro world Doug MacArthur "I shall return...maybe...well, I'll let you know later".

Scully

Quote from: Delphi on January 29, 2015, 09:03:58 PM
Those aren't recent Facebook screenshot FYI

Yes they are.  If you consider tonight recent.  ::)

Quote from: littlechris on January 29, 2015, 08:28:15 PM

False, the Nooron stopped for a couple weeks ( like 1.5 years ago) but quickly resumed and still mentions his name EVERY show he does.