• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ponyboysunset

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 12:16:57 PM
Over 32k views on this article post about Art's passing.
You would have to search the website and find some Art Bell hosted MITD shows that had popular guests to even see views above that 20k. They are very few.

Who knows out of those 32k views the number of possible new subscribers MITD would have received if Heather would have gone on the air.
Such a lost opportunity.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-r-i-p/
Going to be kinda stupid when she does come back and does a tribute after the fact. I should say *if* she comes back. I really think she will be back now. I just do.

Kolchak

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 12:16:57 PM
Who knows out of those 32k views the number of possible new subscribers MITD would have received if Heather would have gone on the air.

At the very least, lots would have tuned in to hear what she had to say, and they might have sold a few bars of goat milk soap.

Kolchak

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 12:18:10 PM
I really think she will be back now. I just do.

Are you expecting a last minute bait and switch, and that she'll be on tonight in lieu of The Art of Talk reading?

HumanBeing

Going to be kinda stupid when she does come back and does a tribute after the fact. I should say *if* she comes back. I really think she will be back now. I just do.

I wonder if she has gone silent because she is in the process of moving.

aldousburbank

If it looks like a duck and talks like a duck it might be a coot.

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 12:21:37 PM
I wonder if she has gone silent because she is in the process of moving.

yeah, after Art's wife read our posts on this thread she burned down the cuck shed. oh, the HUMANITY!

Bluejay

Faustina

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 07:29:08 AM
The state of things with MITD is so pathetic. Heather is destroying what little interest was left.

Not to sound insensitive or morbid but considering all the people finding out about Art's death, and looking for information and a place to share memories of Art, with like minded people, maybe she could have gotten a few dozen new subscribers if she had returned a couple days later. Return that following Monday the 16th of April and do a show and then take the next day off or the entire week and then return again on the 23rd.

I doubt Art would have cared that she'd be taking advantage of his death to try and boost the show's profile. There were folks that perhaps never even knew MITD existed and Art was involved behind the scenes that would have checked the show out. She appeared to get so upset that NYE Country Sheriff's office scooped her with the news of Art's death yet she still failed to 'capitalize' at all due to her long absence off the air.

What radio station is ever going to consider carrying MITD when the host can take off as much time as she wants and acts irrational and impulsive on social media thus leaving the show and the network in peril? No guest hosts allowed either ::) Just air reruns that's what listeners love. Especially the subscribers who already have access to the archive haha

+99999

Bluejay

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 30, 2018, 12:26:04 PM
yeah, after Art's wife read our posts on this thread she burned down the cuck shed. oh, the HUMANITY!

I really think she will be back now. I just do.

now you think she'll be back? what changed your mind?

i hope she does at least one show with open lines so the evil trolls can have a go at her. heh, heh.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Kolchak on April 30, 2018, 12:19:25 PM
At the very least, lots would have tuned in to hear what she had to say, and they might have sold a few bars of goat milk soap.

Goat milk soap looks tasty.

Faustina

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on April 30, 2018, 11:21:26 AM
U R correct. At this point, and I am trying to be very fair, I can not  imagine what the "other things" HW said was going on above and beyond Art's death. We won't know unless she tells us and really what on earth can it be that we all just say, "oh ok I get it now!?" And of course she has to tell us what it is. Unless she just says sorry it's too tuff and you just have to believe me and trust me on this and take my word. Can we or should we? At that point if she really can not or will explain herself to the people who are buying the subs and paying her than well I can't be sure I can accept that and give her s pass. I feel after all this BS and crying we deserve something in the way of an explanation. Like the TRUTH. At that poimt, the listeners and subscription holders and advertisers, (and Keith) will have to make the call.

Exactly.  What other things could be going on that trump Art's death?  When a beloved dies, the pain is so intense that other issues become insignificant (in my experience). 

Lord Grantham

Quote from: HumanBeing on April 30, 2018, 12:31:25 PM
Goat milk soap looks tasty.

I've been using emu oil soap from an emu ranching friend of the family for awhile now. Wouldn't want to eat the shit.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 30, 2018, 12:33:58 PM
I've been using emu oil soap from an emu ranching friend of the family for awhile now. Wouldn't want to eat the shit.

Yeah but does it look as tasty as goat's milk soap?  :P

HumanBeing

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 30, 2018, 12:21:58 PM
If it looks like a duck and talks like a duck it might be a coot.

Look guys it is the Heather Wade insider. He knows things  :D

albrecht

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on April 30, 2018, 11:28:48 AM
Absolutely. Rehab for some sort of substance abuse or a correction for a weakness that effects ur daily life has become an easy way out for people to just get away with incorrect behavior.
Or like the Hollywood and Music Industry Reps say about their addicts- she is under-going treatment for "exhaustion."

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 30, 2018, 12:30:24 PM
now you think she'll be back? what changed your mind?

i hope she does at least one show with open lines so the evil trolls can have a go at her. heh, heh.
Earlier I posted that I think Keith will keep caving to her. Although he did just send that tweet. But when I thought he would fire her before he didn't. So I don't think it will be tonight or anytime soon. But do I think she'll string him along for awhile longer? Yeah, I do.
BTW this is the worst chick fight I have ever seen. It's the land of passive aggressive liars. Might as well get some hair pulling in and face slapping. Jeez.
Edited: Also gaslighting I believe is the term. These two deserve each other.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Pizzapunch on April 30, 2018, 09:17:51 AM
Who's working on the 10 megabyte best of Heather wade torrent file?

Chocolate covered Jackboot has the clip from the intial interview with Art. I don’t think it is 10mb though

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 30, 2018, 12:41:16 PM
Earlier I posted that I think Keith will keep caving to her. Although he did just send that tweet. But when I thought he would fire her before he didn't. So I don't think it will be tonight or anytime soon. But do I think she'll string him along for awhile longer? Yeah, I do.

is Keith really caving into her though? he's put the ball completely in her court whilst making himself the sympathetic underdog. to be frank, he's fucking Heather in the ass, optically speaking.

Kolchak

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 30, 2018, 12:47:42 PM
is Keith really caving into her though? he's put the ball completely in her court, whilst making himself the sympathetic underdog. to be frank, he's fucking Heather in the ass, optically speaking.

He's also maneuvered around her demands of no guest hosts very well. This Art of Talk reading is a great idea. But he may run out of material soon. Maybe he should play MV's Gabcast interview of Art tomorrow.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Richard Groyper on April 30, 2018, 12:47:42 PM
is Keith really caving into her though? he's put the ball completely in her court, whilst making himself the sympathetic underdog. to be frank, he's fucking Heather in the ass, optically speaking.
I am team no one. They are both fucking nuts. From the 'I never said anything about lawyers where did you see that' to his recent tweet after saying she could take six months off as long as he has a fill in host. But if it's anything like with Art they'll make up and pretend it never happened. I'm waiting for that part.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Faustina on April 30, 2018, 11:12:34 AM
Why do you think it suddenly got worse?

I don’t know. She flipped her lid during that one anti-conspiracy rant. Maybe that did it.

ItsOver

Watching KR at work in this situation is like watching a manager at a DMV.  Who me?  I only work here.

munbeam666

Quote from: Faustina on April 30, 2018, 12:31:29 PM
Exactly.  What other things could be going on that trump Art's death?  When a beloved dies, the pain is so intense that other issues become insignificant (in my experience).
Maybe shes silent because she has retained a lawyer

Lord Grantham

Quote from: munbeam666 on April 30, 2018, 12:51:06 PM
Maybe shes silent because she has retained a lawyer

There must be a plaque dedicated to Art in every Nye county lawyer's office.

munbeam666

As I've stated previously, there may be some value in the MITD show
Who knows? Perhaps there will be some sort of will contest