• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

Falkie2013

I like George Knapp too.

Instead of a radio show, how about a competing podcast where we could have different paranormal hosts on talking about subjects that would interest the people who turn off Snoory ?

And I keep looking at this :

"To call Art west of the Rockies, just pick up your phone and dial 'Art.' East of the Rockies, dial 'Bell.' South of the Rockies, well, that would be Mexico, wouldn't it."

and wonder why anyone would call Art Bell, west of the Rockies INSTEAD of his name ?

Just popped into my brain after seeing it dozens of times ...

:P

george

Newsman Knapp goes hardcore on the Sunday (11/20/11) show. It will be good to hear him again.. and good he will tackle real issues .. I've missed him.

patricia24

Love the guy.  The most even handed and ethical of them all.  Not an ego maniac.  He even answered my email once.   He cares about justice and he is an authentic investigative journalist.  Not just a personality.   He even - gasps - a rarity for C2C  - has some liberal guests on!   

(The conservative corporate agenda runs this show - it is Clear Channel after all - but George can manage to even it out a little once in awhile.)

I would love to see more from the group Anonymous who shut down  the banks or WikiLeaks who exposed the soldiers killing innocent, unarmed civilizans or reporters from the HuffingtonPost or AlterNews.net or CommonDreams - so many millions of voices we have never heard.

Digitech

Quote from: M Knight on November 09, 2011, 01:42:35 AM
Listen to Noory's articulation... the passion... what the hell?

Did you notice that even Alex seems surprised?

Yet again another great Knapp hosted show

stevesh

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 28, 2011, 05:49:42 AM
Yet again another great Knapp hosted show

Yes, it was. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it, since I'm not much interested in 'true crime', but the guests were interesting and George did a great job (as usual) with the interview.

Since Noory seems to fancy himself a journalist, I wonder if it might be possible for he and George Knapp to trade jobs ?

Lovely Bones

Quote from: stevesh on November 28, 2011, 09:06:07 AM
Yes, it was. I didn't think I was going to enjoy it, since I'm not much interested in 'true crime', but the guests were interesting and George did a great job (as usual) with the interview.

Since Noory seems to fancy himself a journalist, I wonder if it might be possible for he and George Knapp to trade jobs ?

I wish Noory would at least be forced to sit down and LISTEN to about two dozen hours worth of Knapp and Ian interviews and discuss them with a "master teacher" who could stop the interview from time to time:

MT: Now Georgie, did you hear how Knapp handled that question?  Do you see how the open-ended quality allowed the guest to expand upon his material?

Georgie: Uh, expand . . . ? 

MT: Now, when you ask, "Where can listeners get your book, do you see how that's a closed question with nowhere to go?"

Georgie: Uh, closed . . . ? 

[Next stop]

MT:  Now, Georgie, did you hear how Ian had actually processed what the guest just said and how Ian drew upon his own reading of the guest's book to ask about a conflicting point?

Georige: Uh, read??????

I dunno.  It might help. 

Quote from: CoastCanuck on November 30, 2011, 04:36:58 PM
Yes, he mentioned it on the November 20 financial fraud show in hour 2.

Lenders require Title Insurance, even on refi's - without knowing the specifics I'd guess they'be be on the hook.  Enough homeowners plus the presence of the insurance industry, even the politicians will be paying attention.  This will be fixed.

CoastCanuck

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/16071159/desert-underwater-who-owns-your-home

Here is one in a series about the housing crisis in Vegas where George admits his issue.

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 01, 2011, 08:21:52 PM
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/16071159/desert-underwater-who-owns-your-home

Here is one in a series about the housing crisis in Vegas where George admits his issue.

No mention of title insurance anywhere in this article.  Some investigative reporter.  Probably wouldn't be as good of an article, wouldn't scare people, wouldn't benefit his political agenda to mention the most pertinent part of the issue.

Coast and all the hosts suck hard.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 01, 2011, 08:46:57 PM

Some investigative reporter.  Probably wouldn't be as good of an article, wouldn't scare people, wouldn't benefit his political agenda to mention the most pertinent part of the issue.

Coast and all the hosts suck hard.
Thought the same...hardly an endorsement of one's investigative skills, when they can't mind their own backyard.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 01, 2011, 09:49:25 PM
Thought the same...hardly an endorsement of one's investigative skills, when they can't mind their own backyard.

The person he used as an example signed documents for one payment amount, but says he was told that would be changed to a lower later.  Pretty stupid of that person, and not even what the article was supposed to be about.  Surely GK could have found people to quote that actually lost a house that way - not owning it due to a fraudulent signature trail, if this is truly going on? 

I haven't read any of his other work - is this representative?  Does he even have an editor? 

Eddie Coyle

Knapp has a guy from Blink 182 on tonight. This show is finding new lows each and every week. Which ain't easy, considering the endless pit that Noory digs...but Blink 182? Ugh. Knapp may have more in common than Noory beyond sharing a first name....

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 18, 2011, 06:52:43 PM
    Knapp has a guy from Blink 182 on tonight. This show is finding new lows each and every week. Which ain't easy, considering the endless pit that Noory digs...but Blink 182? Ugh. Knapp may have more in common than Noory beyond sharing a first name....

Has he had his cult buddies, the Raelians on lately?  How about John Edwards campaign manager?  Maybe he gets more credible guests now that I don't listen to his show anymore, but I doubt it.

The Blink 182 dude actually was good. I kept thinking that he'd actually be a pretty good host. Seriously.

WOTR

Quote from: HorrorReporter on December 19, 2011, 06:46:23 AM
The Blink 182 dude actually was good. I kept thinking that he'd actually be a pretty good host. Seriously.
I was pleasantly surprised as my expectations were very low... Blink 182???

The guy actually seemed to know quite a lot about aliens (not a topic I usually care for) and presented it in a lucid, intelligent manner.  To top it all off, shockingly (especially given the subject matter) he did not sound like he was smoking too much crack through the interview.

I don't know how he would be as a host because he would have to cover various topics and have to deal with the "wild card line."  He was a good guest and if he has the range of knowledge and the patience necessary to host a show that appears to be on a permanent downhill slide he might be manage to turn things around.

Regrettably, I doubt he would be offered the job, and it sounded like he is a little busy to accept it.  We are stuck with Noory and Wells.

bmd88

You all should not have pre-judged someone like Tom.  Have you read the lyrics of the new Blink 182 album Neighborhoods, or, moreso those of Angels & Airwaves (Tom's other band)?  They are thought provoking and take interesting looks at "the big picture".  Tom was always introspective and curious about the unknown, but since having cancer I think he's accelerated that interest.

Last night, in a sort of medium between completely passed out and barely awake... almost asleep with the radio on and earbuds in my ears ... I was jolted a bit by hearing Blink's "Aliens Exist".  I had no idea Tom would be on and, natutally, I thought to myself "Am I hearing things?  Don't I have Coast on?"  I was suddenly giddy and wide awake when George mentioned who his next-hour guest was.  I was only able to make it through an hour and a half of Tom since it was 3:30 am here on the East Coast. I hope somebody puts the rest on YouTube because there's no way in hell I'm signing up for Coast Insider to put money in Noory's pockets (although Tom said he is a subscriber ... come on Tom, don't support Noory!). 

Tom spent years producing the independent film LOVE (intertwined with Angels & Airwaves' 2-part album of the same name).  It's worth watching.... you can find it on iTunes.  Tom DeLonge would blow any host out of the water (besides Art).  You can tell he has an insatiable curiosity for Coast topics.  However, it would likely require him to drop two bands, his footwear company, producing and other projects... and being a huge fan of his, I'm not sure I'm ready for that! 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bmd88 on December 19, 2011, 11:35:22 AM
You all should not have pre-judged someone like Tom.  Have you read the lyrics of the new Blink 182 album Neighborhoods, or, moreso those of Angels & Airwaves (Tom's other band)?  They are thought provoking and take interesting looks at "the big picture". 

Sorry, I'm not a 14 year old girl. So I'm not enthusiastic about Blink-182
    I didn't "pre-judge", I based my skepticism on the abysmal track record of this puerile corporate rock whore who put out absolutely shitty music.

Who's Knapp got next week... Corey Hart on Chupacabras? Terrence Trent D'Arby on chem trails? Vanilla Ice on the Shroud of Turin?

bmd88

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 19, 2011, 12:04:47 PM
      Sorry, I'm not a 14 year old girl. So I'm not enthusiastic about Blink-182
    I didn't "pre-judge", I based my skepticism on the abysmal track record of this puerile corporate rock whore who put out absolutely shitty music.

Who's Knapp got next week... Corey Hart on Chupacabras? Terrence Trent D'Arby on chem trails? Vanilla Ice on the Shroud of Turin?

You did pre-judge and you are still judging.  It must eat you up that Tom DeLonge was actually a good guest.  I'm not a "14 year old girl".  I'm a man pushing middle age.  I doubt you've actually listened to Angels & Airwaves, watched LOVE, or read Neighborhoods' lyrics... but, I digress and have got better shit to do. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: bmd88 on December 19, 2011, 01:34:22 PM
You did pre-judge and you are still judging.  It must eat you up that Tom DeLonge was actually a good guest.  I'm not a "14 year old girl".  I'm a man pushing middle age.  I doubt you've actually listened to Angels & Airwaves, watched LOVE, or read Neighborhoods' lyrics...

Since I have good taste in music, you're correct in assuming that I have not listened to that crud. I'd rather have Ian's tinnitus than hear Blink 182 or it's offshoots. A middle aged man listening to Blink 182 sounds very "Sanduskian"...

Yeah, it "eats me up" that I didn't listen to a radio show with a star-fucker host with a teeny-bopper guest. God damn, was I devastated by that. If I only only turn back time 15 hours and listen to this scintillating discourse between Ted Baxter Knapp and that punkmo DeLonge.. my life would be fulfilled.

Vatar

Quote from: bmd88 on December 19, 2011, 01:34:22 PM
You did pre-judge and you are still judging.  It must eat you up that Tom DeLonge was actually a good guest.  I'm not a "14 year old girl".  I'm a man pushing middle age.  I doubt you've actually listened to Angels & Airwaves, watched LOVE, or read Neighborhoods' lyrics... but, I digress and have got better shit to do.

You can't win, but there are alternatives to fighting.

bmd88

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 19, 2011, 03:15:50 PM
     Since I have good taste in music, you're correct in assuming that I have not listened to that crud. I'd rather have Ian's tinnitus than hear Blink 182 or it's offshoots. A middle aged man listening to Blink 182 sounds very "Sanduskian"...

Yeah, it "eats me up" that I didn't listen to a radio show with a star-fucker host with a teeny-bopper guest. God damn, was I devastated by that. If I only only turn back time 15 hours and listen to this scintillating discourse between Ted Baxter Knapp and that punkmo DeLonge.. my life would be fulfilled.

I am slightly younger than Tom.  Blink was a band of my youth and I still enjoy their music.  I'm sure you still enjoy rock bands of your youth.  If not, you're in the minority.  You've went off the deep end with the Sandusky comment.  There is much rage emanating from your response.  It's not normal.  And neither are you judging from your posts in other threads.  I hope you sort out your life.  Merry Christmas!

Frys Girl

Quote from: bmd88 on December 19, 2011, 03:39:03 PM
Merry Christmas!
Aw Merry Christmas! I used to jam to Feelin This so much. That's a great song. When I want to rock out to alternative, Blink is definitely my go to. Adam's Song is awesome too. I couldn't stick with them long term though because they're cheesy. When you have filet mignon rock out there, it's hard to stick to candy type stuff.

Eddie Coyle

I am slightly younger than Tom.  Blink was a band of my youth and I still enjoy their music.  I'm sure you still enjoy rock bands of your youth.  If not, you're in the minority.  You've went off the deep end with the Sandusky comment.  There is much rage emanating from your response.  It's not normal.  And neither are you judging from your posts in other threads.  I hope you sort out your life.  Merry Christmas!
Thanks Doc for the diagnosis. Or should I call you Sherlock, because it takes a real sleuth to figure out I'm an embittered prick. "I'm just as God made me, sir" And why no sarcastic Kwanzaa greeting? How presumptous and racist of you! You must be a big hit at the klavern, Adolf.

Bands of my youth I still enjoy, only due to my wonderful perspicacity and knowing what sucked and what didn't suck. There are no Blink-182's in the wreckage of my past.

BobGrau

if I recall correctly, those blink 182 chappies had the most beautifully sculpted hair though... and surely that's what it's all about?

QuoteThere is much rage emanating from your response.  It's not normal.

actually, in eddie's case it is fairly normal. Don't worry about it.

WOTR

...There is much rage emanating from your response.  It's not normal... Merry Christmas!
I'll agree with the above posters observations... Watch this!  ;)
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on December 19, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
...And why no sarcastic Kwanzaa greeting? How presumptous and racist of you! You must be a big hit at the klavern, Adolf.
May Saturn bless you with a bounty during this upcoming Saturnali season.  May you live to be the Saturnus Image... io, Saturnalia!!! 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: WOTR on December 20, 2011, 01:44:34 AM
May Saturn bless you with a bounty during this upcoming Saturnali season.  May you live to be the Saturnus Image... io, Saturnalia!!!
Now that warms my Pagan soul.

Lovely Bones

Why do folks have so much difficulty just letting Eddie be Eddie?