• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ZomZom

Quote from: Art Bell on December 14, 2015, 09:59:10 AM
I did not say I was Retiring did I? I said I was going off the air because of this increasing problem with a Stalker. If some time can pass without incident I would be happy to do a random show. The big problem with this has been I had a fixed routine making it way to easy for this fool.

Art

Art Hangs it up for the Last Time sounds pretty definitive.

norland2424

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 10:06:58 AM
The headline read and i quote "Art Hangs It Up For the Last Time." If this doesn't mean retirement I need to look the word up in a dictionary.

I think that's what Rowland wrote, not Art.

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 10:06:58 AM
The headline read and i quote "Art Hangs It Up For the Last Time." If this doesn't mean retirement I need to look the word up in a dictionary.

Art is just in damage control mode because DMDN is on the ropes which will be Heather's only platform going forward so he's walking back his retirement announcement. Midnight in the Desert was supposed to be five nights a week, not sporadic appearances to throw off a stalker after someone else was named permanent host.

HumanBeing

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 10:03:42 AM
^ He's BACK! I won't be crying myself to sleep clutching my signed copy of The Art of Talk. Not tonight! No, Sir!

The force is strong in him   :D

Lilith

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 09:57:56 AM
Bless your honest heart, Brig. Those studies are correct. Brain processes and responds better to deeper voices.  Heather's saving grace; she has a deep voice for a female. Not a manish voice, don't get it twisted.

She DOES INDEED have that positive quality to her voice, however, any female voice, listened to for  "hours" has that subconscious association with having to "listen to your mother" or maybe for some, having to "listen to your wife"  lol's

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2015, 10:09:06 AM

Oh yeah so Art had nothing to do with it then, makes sense.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: brig on December 14, 2015, 10:12:24 AM
She DOES INDEED have that positive quality to her voice, however, any female voice, listened to for  "hours" has that subconscious association with having to "listen to your mother" or maybe for some, having to "listen to your wife"  lol's

Nobody has Art's voice.  Period.

:)

sorefinger

I did not say I was Retiring did I? I said I was going off the air because of this increasing problem with a Stalker. If some time can pass without incident I would be happy to do a random show. The big problem with this has been I had a fixed routine making it way to easy for this fool.

Art

You said you were quitting.

I'm on record supporting Midnight, promoting the show, as so many of us have, and now you appear here as though there is absolutely nothing wrong.  Well, all I have to say now is, once bit, twice shy. You may believe you haven't retired yet, but as far as I'm concerned, you're gone -- for good.

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2015, 10:09:06 AM

It's on artbell.com, in the Art Bell section, signed Art.  ::)

Art

A random show is not what the network was created for, not what people signed up for and unfortunately the next time you decide you want to come back there will be no network there for you to come back to.

Quote from: brig on December 14, 2015, 10:12:24 AM

The battle between truth and sexism... It's an annoying line to toe. I think you've started an interesting conversation here. Shall we continue exploring this topic?

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 10:13:44 AM

Art deleted the facebook post now but he said he wouldn't be on the air "tonight or any other night" in his announcement, which was posted 15 minutes after another one that said he would be hosting Open Lines last Friday, prior to the talk with his wife. His mood swings are known to any AB fan but this one had far-reaching results with affiliates, subscribers, and the network itself. Does anything change after a weekend to think it over? No, station managers still won't trust him and nothing but the die hard fans will ever put money into a project he's attached to again including Midnight in the Desert.

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 10:20:17 AM
The battle between truth and sexism... It's an annoying line to toe. I think you've started an interesting conversation here. Shall we continue exploring this topic?

No

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:05:46 AM
Why couldn't you pre-record a few shows during the week, to play at night during the regular time slot? Only you and the guest would know when you were recording.  You would obviously have to cut out the call--in portion of the show, but if you're only doing this a couple of times a week (while Heather or someone else does the rest of the week), it gives you more time to do an interview. 

Also, is there any chance you can do a New Year's special?

Did your bottom lip tremble when you typed all that?

Much snot?

norland2424

Quote from: Jesus Undercarriage on December 14, 2015, 10:13:44 AM
Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2015, 10:15:50 AM
It's on artbell.com, in the Art Bell section, signed Art.  ::)

Nah Rowland does the actual webmaster work on the website, i know Art wrote the message, i just think Rowland added the title, since Art didn't know that Rowland had also posted about the demise of dmr.

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 14, 2015, 10:11:27 AM
The force is strong in him   :D

I'd choose to be Sith in a heartbeat.

Art, you're aware of what mixed messages are, right?...

HumanBeing

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 10:22:50 AM

Much snot?

I'm not sure Bob Ross could have painted a better picture than you just did haha  ;D
Funny, and a good example of why we are "vaguely lovable" here at BellGab  :P

sorefinger

Quote from: rekcuf on December 14, 2015, 10:20:17 AM

Heather's steel balls lowered her voice.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 10:22:50 AM

Much snot?
You're a real treat sometimes, Pud. LOL

He clearly would like to do more shows, so I thought I'd put it out there. If he doesn't, then he doesn't.  If you're truly from Yorkshire, you might be related. Stick that in your pud and smoke it.

Yorkshire pud

Art

A few thousend listeners can be wrong then? Well managed!

Quote from: sorefinger on December 14, 2015, 10:27:15 AM
Heather's steel balls lowered her voice.

Okay... Please elaborate. And: would you let her drag them across your face?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:28:10 AM
You're a real treat sometimes, Pud. LOL

He clearly would like to do more shows, so I thought I'd put it out there. If he doesn't, then he doesn't.  If you're truly from Yorkshire, you might be related. Stick that in your pud and smoke it.

I am; related to whom?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 10:29:15 AM

I am; related to whom?

Are you dense? NVM.

Have yourself a treat of a day.

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 14, 2015, 10:23:01 AM
Nah Rowland does the actual webmaster work on the website, i know Art wrote the message, i just think Rowland added the title, since Art didn't know that Rowland had also posted about the demise if dmr.

Dude he says in the post "I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night".  Not alot of wiggle room there.  But if he wants to wiggle a bit anyway and do an occasional random show, I'm sure people will still listen. 

Yorkshire pud, your thoughts on spotted dick?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 14, 2015, 10:30:01 AM
Are you dense? NVM.

Have yourself a treat of a day.

Enlighten me, NVM? I'm not dense, just not a mind reader.

sorefinger

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 14, 2015, 10:28:30 AM

A few thousend listeners can be wrong then? Well managed!

+1