• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: MR. Spock on December 13, 2015, 08:20:21 PM
Your website said so.

I hope you sprained an - or better, both ankles when you jumped to that conclusion troll. Here's your attention.

csummers

Obviously Nye is not a real kingdom or they would have flyin-monkey protection.

Roswells, Art

I'm grateful for the shows you've done and I'm looking forward to hearing you again. Stay safe.

I'm on a ten hour drive so it's Art all the way!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 13, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
Genius on the level of E=MC2

Finally, some recognition.  :)

trostol

i think people need to stop being selfish and let the man retire lol

popple

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 13, 2015, 08:31:43 PM
I'm grateful for the shows you've done and I'm looking forward to hearing you again. Stay safe.

I'm on a ten hour drive so it's Art all the way!

Have a safe trip  8)

Stay safe Art. I believe what we're going through right now is what psychologists call the bargaining stage.  :)

chefist

Has Art announced his comeback yet?

trostol

Quote from: chefist on December 13, 2015, 08:39:30 PM
Has Art announced his comeback yet?

Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Slartibartphast on December 12, 2015, 10:55:02 PM
House to studio tunnel. Bam! Problem solved.

A little OpSec wouldn't have hurt.

By the way, loved the fjords.

munbeam666

Quote from: Art Bell on December 13, 2015, 08:15:00 PM
Yup, you all are right, I have always told you what is going on in my life as it happens. Yes it was my Wife who finally had enough because of my Daughter's bad reaction. The show is sure my love but not ahead of my Family. We are just hoping nothing else happens for some period of time. If so I may poke my head up if Heather keeps things going. If this continues I may have to move, not something I look forward to at my age. I have asked the Sheriff to post the last two Police reports but I doubt that will happen till Monday at least.

As for now we are hoping for peace.

Art
sorry that you and your family are going through this. I hope they catch the asshole soon

chefist

Quote from: trostol on December 13, 2015, 08:46:25 PM
Don't call it a comeback
I been here for years
Rockin my peers and puttin suckas in fear
Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
Listen to the bass go BOOM
Explosion, overpowerin
Over the competition, I'm towerin
Wreckin shop, when I drop these lyrics that'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you betta move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin the price

Cool...

Robert

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 13, 2015, 04:42:16 PMdo we even know how he managed to get all of the music he played? I recall him mentioning repeatedly how expensive that would be.
More than for using stock photos or other stock art on a Web site?

Meanwhile, a strange thing: Someone here asking via private message whether I was a certain person he was looking for.  I'm not, but answering him made me curious about the person he's looking for, but then he blocked my messages before I got an explanation beyond 1 message.  WTF?

LOL, Did Art basically say his wife made him quit?

Ciardelo

Quote from: rekcuf on December 13, 2015, 08:50:26 PM
LOL, Did Art basically say his wife made him quit?
I'm guessing you don't have wife ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: Robert on December 13, 2015, 08:49:04 PM
More than for using stock photos or other stock art on a Web site?

Meanwhile, a strange thing: Someone here asking via private message whether I was a certain person he was looking for.  I'm not, but answering him made me curious about the person he's looking for, but then he blocked my messages before I got an explanation beyond 1 message.  WTF?
Soap mafia. They call them "soapers" because they "clean up" Scary bad. Better you don't know Bob.

Quote from: onan on December 13, 2015, 08:06:39 PM
Sadly no, my wife bought it at the store because she thought it would be healthier. We are divorcing next week.

So it turned out for the best after all?   :)

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 13, 2015, 08:53:40 PM
I'm guessing you don't have wife ;)

I do. And she doesn't want to understand any of this realm. I don't blame her.  :)

Ciardelo

Quote from: rekcuf on December 13, 2015, 08:56:06 PM
I do. And she doesn't want to understand any of this realm. I don't blame her.  :)
heh

Uncle Duke

Quote from: rekcuf on December 13, 2015, 08:56:06 PM

Yeah, I can relate.  Art Bell and Red Green, the wife thinks I'm a lunatic.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Freyja on December 13, 2015, 07:21:12 PM
I beg to differ ( not really beg...just using the expression). Art is NOT just an ordinary guy...he is Art Bell...a famous innovative broadcaster extraordinaire, known all over this planet. He is not just some dumb ass who is new to fame, threats, dissent...just look at his known history.

He claims he has had "MIB" knock at his door, has had death threats before ...hype or true...I have no idea.

Yes, there is a young child involved in this case and that is paramount. I totally get that.

Yet, I assume Asia is still going to school, Art and family are not in lock up in their home in Pahrump...Art has Asia's photo all over the internet.

If there is a real threat to him and his family, then why is he still there? Why does law enforcement feel there is no evidence of any real threat? If he feels there is a real threat, then why is he not doing something about it, despite security being intrusive? If your family was really in danger, would you not have 24/7 security around your home or would you not get your family out of where you felt they were not safe? 

His claim is quitting is the solution to safety for his family, yet after "quitting" because of the "situation" he goes back on the air Friday night....seriously?!!?...how does that make any sense?!?!? Then he says he may go on the air once in a while, yet his hanging up the microphone for the last time is because of security to his family.

And, now that he has "quit"...but not really quit...all is good and safe?

If Art wants to "hang up his microphone for the last time", I have no problem with that. After decades of listening to him, it makes me sad that it seems that it is finally over....or is it? Are we going to be drawn into another one of Art's melodramas

What I don't appreciate is being jerked around one more time by Art Bell and his seeming rash, knee-jerk whatevers.

BTW, I am very relaxed...just want to say what I have to say before I move on.

And no matter how it all plays out, despite all the melodrama and jerking around over the last 2 decades, I thank Art Bell for many glorious rides, for being a pioneer who married radio to internet, for opening so many areas for thought, consideration and understanding about our journey within this third dimensional plane our containers inhabit.

If you are really going this time Art, then please do it....retire and enjoy your family.  If not, then fix this last fiasco, if you are able. Please stop the drama, it's gotten beyond old at this point. Also think about all the people you have left in total chaos and limbo who had faith and trusted you and I'm not talking about us here, the "listeners".

Either way I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.

Thank you for the memories and all the good times of best radio!

Other than Art's testimony there have been zero evidence, from the police investigation thus far, to substantiate his claims. Zilch!

But if he thinks he is being shot at then by all means do what you got to do

chefist

For the love of God, Keith still has "Become a Time Traveler" banner ads at artbell.COM.

Stop the madness!

K_Dubb

Quote from: chefist on December 13, 2015, 09:07:51 PM
For the love of God, Keith still has "Become a Time Traveler" banner ads at artbell.COM.

Stop the madness!

You're supposed to sign up to show your support.

bellNwhistle

Thanks for popping in, Art.  I hope Airyn and Asia are breathing a little easier now, and hopefully things get better on the Bell homestead.  I hope you don't have to move because of this nut job.

Will keep you all in my thoughts. Take care.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 13, 2015, 09:06:40 PM

;D I get the stink eye when I chortle at posts.

ge30542

Quote from: chefist on December 13, 2015, 09:07:51 PM

Stop the madness!

I know, right?

pyewacket

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 13, 2015, 09:06:40 PM

Red Green- Man's Prayer: "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."  ;D

chefist

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 13, 2015, 09:10:11 PM
You're supposed to sign up to show your support.

Wish Art all the best...but support...not my responsibility...

Freyja

I think it may be time to let go...it's OVER.

According to Art, Airyn said quit or else and Art did...end of story.

All the other speculation and options are a mute point now.