• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: ge30542 on May 12, 2016, 08:05:05 PM
Has there been any new info about the stalker?

COPD. COPD was the "stalker"...

coaster

Is it all stupid yet?? and all gifs?????

yes, yes it is.

nathan

HEY I have a few late nights coming up and was wondering if anyone could recommend some classic Art Bell episodes to listen to. Least favorite subject - Malachi Martin, favorite subject- Bigfoot, astronomy, long insane stories from callers or guests. I've listened to most episodes listed in the "Lesser known episodes" thread. Please help me thank you.

pate

Quote from: norland2424 on May 11, 2016, 05:16:23 PM
Why are bellgabs non avatar posters always crazy?

A:  I will dignify that question with a response.

pate

Quote from: bobo17 on May 11, 2016, 09:50:46 PM
Folks ....
i repeat

I DID NOT HAVE SEXTUAL RELATIONS WITH THAT HORSE...GREASY
WHATEVER HAPPENED BETWEEN ME AND GREASY WAS RESOLVED SUCESFULLY WITH MY MV
THERAPIST.  I have no more urges wrt greasy.  I am curred.
my focus is the MEETING on Tomorrow with Don and Paul and after that is resolved
to focus on the MEETING with Art, Bob, sue and me and other long long time friends of Art

thats the update
bobo

Nice recov, but spulling err/or's, FIFY! 

Keedeeng>?

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on May 12, 2016, 09:43:30 AM
Great.  Art has become Wade's shameless, PremRat-like shill.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/art?s=t

Specifically, IMHO three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAhI2bL8SvM

ermagawd, I was looking for the Tootsie Pop commercial...  'pologies!

Quote from: CleopatraStratifies on May 11, 2016, 07:35:16 PM
You can pm me if you know of a link for 3/11/16 MITD

I ALSO THINK Heather is Super Intelligent, Extremely Experienced at Life, Well Read and Well Liked.
That's regardless of the opinions of some crude MFs here. 

She is doing beautifully and I hope she grows on me so I do re-up but right now I miss Art's Pizazz💥

As much as I'm truly trying to like Heather, she is most certainly NOT well read. Her lack of knowledge on just about everything is really getting to me. She doesn't know what the electoral college is. She doesn't realize buprenorphine is the active ingredient in at least 5 medications she discussed. She has almost zero science under her belt. Her well-read-ness consists of Bill Birnes books.

ziznak

I thought cleo got hit with the ban-hammer a while back!! nice to see her making new friends

scottydawg

Holy Cow, it's 5 hours of Heather time coming up! The only way I could handle 5 hours of a clueless broad rambling on would be, if she's getting naked on a stage and shaking her TaTa's while some great Rock Music is playing in the background.
And yes I've done that, was a bartender/bouncer/DJ in a little rinkydink strip joint in the mid 90's. Capt n Coke was my medication then.
Then the internet got bigger and faster and all those little joints have faded away. Kinda like our old favorite late night talk show hosts ::)

ge30542

Is redacted gonna play radio tonight, or will Art be back tonight? I hope he's handled that stalker sitch.

73s

Quote from: ge30542 on May 12, 2016, 08:05:05 PM
Has there been any new info about the stalker?

I guess no further updates on that situation will ever be given.

73s

...And it seems all earlier promotional references to MITD are now deleted from his Facebook (or made private).

bateman

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 05:48:36 PM
I guess no further updates on that situation will ever be given.

Cousin Oliver syndrome.

bigchucka

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 05:50:10 PM
...And it seems all earlier promotional references to MITD are now deleted from his Facebook (or made private).

I can imagine what the Facebook comments would be like for a promotional reference for MITD.

bateman

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 05:50:10 PM

Is Heather getting Cousin Olivered now?

73s

Quote from: bigchucka on May 13, 2016, 05:57:51 PM
I can imagine what the Facebook comments would be like for a promotional reference for MITD.

I've been watching comments on his MITD promotional posts on FB and they were getting increasingly negative about MITD and Heather. Some were almost begging Art to return. Some were just pissed off. Then his original  post would mysteriously vanish from public view, taking all the comments with it. This has been the pattern during the last couple of weeks, but going to 5 hours really seemed to accelerate it.

73s

Quote from: bateman on May 13, 2016, 05:59:19 PM

haha, maybe (I had to Google this phrase). I'm guessing he's going to do another show or two to try to prop up MITD a bit but who knows. I certainly have no inside knowledge but just speculating. The weirdness of the whole saga is entertaining to some degree.

chefist

This was predicted about a month ago...odds on when the next FB post says something like, "I did all I could do for her."

Ciardelo

I didn't know this was a thing. This is not quite spot on though...close though.

zeebo

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 06:03:09 PM
...This has been the pattern during the last couple of weeks, but going to 5 hours really seemed to accelerate it.

May be a strange dynamic now where more favorable opinions may come if they cut the hours back.

trostol

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 13, 2016, 06:09:58 PM
I didn't know this was a thing. This is not quite spot on though...close though.

chuck cunningham?

bateman

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 13, 2016, 06:09:58 PM

http://www.bingewatched.com/15-tv-characters-that-disappeared-without-explanation/10/

Quote... phenomenon known as the "Cousin Oliver" trope, when a character is introduced, immediately fails, and is taken off just as rapidly as he came on.

(The whole list is pretty amusing.)

73s

Quote from: zeebo on May 13, 2016, 06:12:25 PM
May be a strange dynamic now where more favorable opinions may come if they cut the hours back.

People seem fed up at this point.

norland2424

Quote from: 73s on May 13, 2016, 06:21:40 PM
People seem fed up at this point.

5 hours is too long and Keith really dropped the ball by pushing this.

73s

Quote from: norland2424 on May 13, 2016, 06:36:23 PM
5 hours is too long and Keith really dropped the ball by pushing this.

It sort of feels like people were playing along with her in the chair maybe still clinging to a faint hope that he'd return in some manner again, but moving to 5 hours somehow became just too much to bear! And the more he tried to gin up excitement for the 5 hrs the less receptive people were.