• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150922 - Dr. Kevin Trenberth - Climate Change - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, September 22, 2015, 04:40:07 PM

Sean92008

Dr. Kevin Trenberth,

If you ever have a car accident in front of me and are impaled, I'll light the barbeque.

After the joy of hearing KFMB is taking on MitD, I had to have this big CO2-producing turd of a guest.  Somebody should have suggested he shut his trap to save the man-made pollution he was spewing.

AB, time for some edumacation. 

Quote from: malachi.martini on September 23, 2015, 12:52:23 AM
All those 30,000 people, yeah, they're uninformed.

And one of them is grossly overweight.

HOLY FUCK.

And the fat one smokes!

Fat and a smoker. If that doesn't prove that Climate Denier Richard Lindzen of Harvard and MIT isn't to be taken seriously I don't know what would.

I only believe thin people with minty breath.

Bodach

Fantastic show.  Different, but fantastic!  Art did an amazing job as usual.  I wouldn't been able to have been as objective as he was.  Not by far.  It's difficult for this issue.  So mad props to Art.  Thank you.

Well a big GO FUCK YOURSELF KEVIN TRENBERTH from me. What a piece of shit. You want to ramble about Woo science, that's great. You want to be an asshole and invalidate peoples' opinions on stupid things like weight or smoking, then well you know... GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Barfly

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 23, 2015, 12:55:36 AM
Did the caller just blame climate change on the Canadians (All I heard was "hockey stick") ?
The Canadians do have some strange bacon

SciFiAuthor

Lets all head off to the land of Hoag and forget this ever happened.

starrmtn001

Good night folks.  Hopping in my Braapsmobile and heading over to RCH. ;)

chefist

Quote from: Barfly on September 23, 2015, 12:55:28 AM
One of the worst shows so far, this topic has been talked about so much its old and boring

I think you're right... If they speculated on people resorting to cannibalism it would have been more entertaining...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: zmbabwe on September 23, 2015, 12:48:18 AM
Oh boy.  What are premRatz and who is MV?

MV is the code name for Jaz, who is lives in the land of Oz and bans wankers to the cornfield.

premRatz wear suits and pay tommy to microwave pizza rolls for Dave.

Quote from: Rat-eating Hater on September 23, 2015, 12:55:48 AM
And the fat one smokes!

Fat and a smoker. If that doesn't prove that Climate Denier Richard Lindzen of Harvard and MIT isn't to be taken seriously I don't know what would.

I only believe thin people with minty breath.

Lindzen isn't a climate denier. He flat out said "He agrees that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, calling people who dispute that point "nutty." He agrees that the level of it is rising because of human activity and that this should warm the climate."

Barfly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 12:57:07 AM
I will be there in a bit, gotta take the dog out, she is giving me that look

chefist

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 23, 2015, 12:56:50 AM
Well a big GO FUCK YOURSELF KEVIN TRENBERTH from me. What a piece of shit. You want to ramble about Woo science, that's great. You want to be an asshole and invalidate peoples' opinions on stupid things like weight or smoking, then well you know... GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Professor Dickhead

Barfly

Quote from: chefist on September 23, 2015, 12:57:44 AM
I think you're right... If they speculated on people resorting to cannibalism it would have been more entertaining...
people are delicious, everything is good with ketchup  ;D

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 12:50:32 AM
premRatz=Employees of Premiere Radio and Coast to Coast AM.

MV=owner and moderator of bellgab and does one hell of a fine job.

You lie... Stop spreading your lies

Reported

Quote from: Bodach on September 23, 2015, 12:52:45 AM
The doctor is saying that ideology plays a role in taking a position in this.  Agreed.  And he's got his.  And his funding for the validation answer. 

He's pretty much just exposed his cult like attitude with the fat/smoker thing.  People in his cult have a certain lifestyle and look.  He disregards because of it.  He is a cultist.

Yyyyyup, remember the Satanist who tricked Art into thinking she really wanted to HELP mankind (rather than just herself)?  Welp, the good Dr. here is cut from the same cloth.

Quote from: WOTR on September 23, 2015, 12:55:20 AM
It has been awhile- but I started paying attention a decade or two back when Randy Holmes Farley published some findings.  I don't know what happened to him- but a quick scan comes up with something that tells us that there is a problem.  In addition to damaging reefs (rely on calcium to build their skeletons) the CO2 (may) be responsible for increasing algae growth which chokes organisms...

"When carbon dioxide (CO2) is absorbed by seawater, chemical reactions occur that reduce seawater pH, carbonate ion concentration, and saturation states of biologically important calcium carbonate minerals. These chemical reactions are termed "ocean acidification" or "OA" for short. Calcium carbonate minerals are the building blocks for the skeletons and shells of many marine organisms. In areas where most life now congregates in the ocean, the seawater is supersaturated with respect to calcium carbonate minerals. This means there are abundant building blocks for calcifying organisms to build their skeletons and shells. However, continued ocean acidification is causing many parts of the ocean to become undersaturated with these minerals, which is likely to affect the ability of some organisms to produce and maintain their shells.

Since the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, the pH of surface ocean waters has fallen by 0.1 pH units. Since the pH scale, like the Richter scale, is logarithmic, this change represents approximately a 30 percent increase in acidity. Future predictions indicate that the oceans will continue to absorb carbon dioxide and become even more acidic. Estimates of future carbon dioxide levels, based on business as usual emission scenarios, indicate that by the end of this century the surface waters of the ocean could be nearly 150 percent more acidic, resulting in a pH that the oceans haven’t experienced for more than 20 million years."

Like I said- I'ts been awhile since I paid much attnetion.  But I doubt that the ocean is becoming any more basic...

I wonder if anything could be done to counteract the acidity.  Build some alkali water plants.  Pump the water in and pump it out.  Or maybe seed the ocean with alkali minerals.  Its just a thought. I'm not the futurist that SciFiAuthor is.  I'm all for cleaning up the environment.  I was really upset with the BP oil spill.  Still makes me angry.

ArJuna

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 23, 2015, 12:58:03 AM
Lindzen isn't a climate denier. He flat out said "He agrees that carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, calling people who dispute that point "nutty." He agrees that the level of it is rising because of human activity and that this should warm the climate."

That's not quite what he said. Go back to around page 19 of this thread and my posts there.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 23, 2015, 12:57:55 AM
MV is the code name for Jaz, who is lives in the land of Oz and bans wankers to the cornfield.

premRatz wear suits and pay tommy to microwave pizza rolls for Dave.

Blah ha ha ha  - NICE    ;)   :)

Juan Cena

Quote from: 21st Century Man on September 23, 2015, 12:55:34 AM
I have not read Neverwhere though I've read American Gods and Silverdream. Maybe one or two others.  I'm not really familiar with Ellis.  I'm interested though.

Ellis' Planetary is awesome.

Quote from: ArJuna on September 23, 2015, 01:01:44 AM
That's not quite what he said. Go back to around page 19 of this thread and my posts there.

He's probably playing both sides of the aisle. Its not an unusual tactic.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 23, 2015, 12:57:07 AM

Just hope RCH doesn't start in on Bernie Sanders again (ugh).  Maybe tomorrow
night we can get back to the Art Bell show...

WOTR

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 23, 2015, 01:00:21 AM
You lie... Stop spreading your lies

Reported
I thought that "MV" bans anybody reporting a post and causing him work?