• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151123 - Michio Kaku - Sciencey Stuff - Live Show Chat

Started by jazmunda, November 23, 2015, 05:30:09 PM

maren

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 24, 2015, 12:39:20 AM
All that you described, and I occasionally have some very cool, realistic flying dreams I wish I could hang onto.  It would be fantastic to be able to capture those!

I went through a LONG spell where I had frequent flying dreams.  I could FEEL myself taking off and flying around.  I'd say to people I was with -- watch this, I can't believe I can do it!!!  And NOBODY was impressed!  That's not why I was doing it, but jeez.  I haven't had any in a while and not sure why (or not sure why I had so many for that period of time, either).

Isn't it cool to be able to fly?

Zzzzillion

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 24, 2015, 12:40:07 AM
I think Tiger gets some Mexican internet service, Telnor?.

I do have high-speed internet. That, along with an hd antenna in my house gives me everything I need. Haven't dealt with cable companies for two years and it's aaaaawesome.

JamesMcDonald

I like what he's saying there.  I've always contended that the human race might take a huge leap forward if and when we can determine what is wrong in the brains of psychopaths and sociopaths.  We need to deal with these people.  ASAP.

This means you, Dave!

albrecht

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 24, 2015, 12:41:18 AM
So would you be okay with a NAMBLA commercial?
Granted NAMBLA was an important piece of the the BLT gay whatever movement, but, if they can pay for it and, maybe do as Easter Egg Roll with Obama, we shouldn't complain. Pay for Play, as it were. Not good but, on a "spectrum" etc and cultural understanding? Who can blame?  :o We are living in an insane Obamaland.

Donald Noory

Robowhore will blow you. In Jorch's case it will give a reach-around. Tommy will become obsolete.

Zzzzillion

Hoagland open lines tonight? What're the odds he'll actually do it this time?

maren

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 24, 2015, 12:41:18 AM
So would you be okay with a NAMBLA commercial?

Right.  Like Art would air such a thing.   ::)

Quote from: maren on November 24, 2015, 12:42:35 AM
I went through a LONG spell where I had frequent flying dreams.  I could FEEL myself taking off and flying around.  I'd say to people I was with -- watch this, I can't believe I can do it!!!  And NOBODY was impressed!  That's not why I was doing it, but jeez.  I haven't had any in a while and not sure why (or not sure why I had so many for that period of time, either).

Isn't it cool to be able to fly?

Yes!  It's just about the most euphoric sensation I'be ever experienced.  Too bad it happens only when I'm sleeping!

zeebo

Quote from: TigerLily on November 24, 2015, 12:30:23 AM
Merde. My sucky internet. Tune in keeps dropping every time I refresh.  I will leave you all to your own devices.. Night

Not the same without you TL.  Happy dreams and/or internets.

WanagoBleu

Magick is just science we don't understand yet.  Arthur C. Clarke // Piers Anthony "On a Pale Horse."

Barfly

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 24, 2015, 12:42:12 AM
No way this stuff is just 15 years away, right?
I will be dead by then, i just wanted to be alive to see the Nukes go off, lets all run towards the light and end it together.

inuk2600

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 24, 2015, 12:43:09 AM
I do have high-speed internet. That, along with an hd antenna in my house gives me everything I need. Haven't dealt with cable companies for two years and it's aaaaawesome.

I use a DTV antenna too. I'm royally fucking our local cable company by using a third-party internet provider that uses the cable infrastructure. And saving bundles :)

Rocky4228

I don't know, man.  My dogs always start begging for food at the same time every day.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: inuk2600 on November 24, 2015, 12:46:35 AM
I use a DTV antenna too. I'm royally fucking our local cable company by using a third-party internet provider that uses the cable infrastructure. And saving bundles :)

/REPORTED

albrecht

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 24, 2015, 12:45:22 AM
Magick is just science we don't understand yet.  Arthur C. Clarke // Piers Anthony "On a Pale Horse."
I want to see the English major who does an analysis between "Behold a Pale Horse" and those? And not get shot.

zeebo

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 24, 2015, 12:26:49 AM
Hey, zeebo!  I'm switching to rusty nails for Michael Horn tonight from my stash of duty free Dewar's and Drambuie I picked up on vacation this summer.  Are you and the Moose Shoulder  going to tune in?

Haha, sorry for my late response, I was in fact refreshing my heavy-bottomed glass of said Monkey Shoulder.   ;)  Not sure what I'm doing after.  I'm glued to this particular interview as usual though.  In previous, more halcyon days I'd jump right over to OSOM after, but lately I've been de-Hoagifying my life so not sure.   :D

Juan Cena

So, should I call in about solar roads, a Smoke Ring-like atmosphere encircling a star, or the Ellis informational drive?

Crap, I just remembered that guy I asked about consciousness being a form of matter. So much stuff I could ask.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on November 24, 2015, 12:35:23 AM
That's where the guy was playing around with plutonium rods, iirc, and got them too close together and got the blue flash. Yow.

Yes it was an amazing, terrifying show.  Michio going thru the various cases of disasters during early nuclear research.   ???

albrecht

scary that Dr.Kaku is using RCH's "models", I think RCH ruined that term.

Zzzzillion

Jesus, open the phones already. This is mind-numbing.

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2015, 12:49:20 AM
Yes it was an amazing, terrifying show.  Michio going thru the various cases of disasters during early nuclear research.   ???
was it this? which show?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherenkov_radiation

zeebo

Quote from: Barfly on November 24, 2015, 12:35:39 AM
The only issue i have with Art having Michio is guest is after a while you really have nothing new to talk about, Michio has a podcast already and he has been on Arts show many times....

For me it's like watching the old star trek show when I was a kid.  Even when I know what's coming I still wanna watch it again.  "It's life Jim, but not as we know it!"  ;)

JamesMcDonald

I played around 6 hours a day for 6 months in high school.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 24, 2015, 12:43:51 AM
I like what he's saying there.  I've always contended that the human race might take a huge leap forward if and when we can determine what is wrong in the brains of psychopaths and sociopaths.  We need to deal with these people.  ASAP.
we would all meditate.

Barfly

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2015, 12:51:40 AM
For me it's like watching the old star trek show when I was a kid.  Even when I know what's coming I still wanna watch it again.  "It's life Jim, but not as we know it!"  ;)
Good point, i guess i just want some breakthrough announcement