• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151123 - Michio Kaku - Sciencey Stuff - Live Show Chat

Started by jazmunda, November 23, 2015, 05:30:09 PM

zeebo

Quote from: maren on November 24, 2015, 01:19:24 AM
I know!  But what's so interesting, is that I can feel the sensation, I can feel what it takes to lift off -- it's like I should be able to do it when I'm awake, but of course... :-\

Anyone else have flying dreams where all you can do is kinda levitate a bit, and your damn feet keep touching the ground.  Annoying.  I want to friggin soar not scuttle along just above the surface.

=Schlyder=

strings and membranes.   sounds like a band forming

WanagoBleu

I know!  But what's so interesting, is that I can feel the sensation, I can feel what it takes to lift off -- it's like I should be able to do it when I'm awake, but of course... :-\
have you ever tried any of The Monroe's Institutes 'hemi-sync' cds? I did their Gateway Program years ago. Very interesting.

Barfly

Quote from: albrecht on November 24, 2015, 01:15:32 AM
I'm just happy that COMCAST and TWC weren't allowed to merge..because both suck. I will also say that the Miami airport is the worst airport ever.
I have been to airports all over the globe, by FAR Key West has the coolest airport i have ever been to.
I Do agree Miami is pretty bad, also dont like Atlanta because if you have to change planes its ALWAYS on the other side of the airport, at least for me.
I may be going back to The Hague Airport in Rotterdam in mid January, some of the nicest customer service i have ever seen.

zeebo

Someone always wants to burn down the friggin Library of Alexandria.  Frig.

maren

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2015, 01:22:02 AM
Anyone else have flying dreams where all you can do is kinda levitate a bit, and your damn feet keep touching the ground.  Annoying.  I want to friggin soar not scuttle along just above the surface.

When I take off, I seem to remember I wonder if I can stay airborne, but then I "lean into" it somehow and kind of zip around, I can pause, and hover (while awaiting the non-forthcoming accolades from the "audience").  I remember one a long time ago when I felt my flight was coming to an end and came in for a gentle landing -- and was grounded, couldn't get back up.

But not just levitating.  Kind of "steer" with your torso to get some airspeed going. :-)  (I'm talking like I think it's real -- and it DOES seem so real!)

SciFiAuthor

Interesting to hear Kaku talk like this about Islam. Pretty strong. I agree with him.

zeebo

Quote from: maren on November 24, 2015, 01:26:35 AM
... I remember one a long time ago when I felt my flight was coming to an end and came in for a gentle landing -- and was grounded, couldn't get back up.

To me it kinda feels like trying to float on water .. .you can kinda do it for awhile, and then your legs sink down, except this is in air.  Still cool though.   8)

maren

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 24, 2015, 01:23:04 AM
have you ever tried any of The Monroe's Institutes 'hemi-sync' cds? I did their Gateway Program years ago. Very interesting.

That's right!  I remember you saying that you went to the Institute!  I had some tapes but never really give it any effort or time.

Zzzzillion

Thought the open phones would make this episode a little less yawn-worthy.

Was wrong.

Barfly

Quote from: maren on November 24, 2015, 01:26:35 AM
When I take off, I seem to remember I wonder if I can stay airborne, but then I "lean into" it somehow and kind of zip around, I can pause, and hover (while awaiting the non-forthcoming accolades from the "audience").  I remember one a long time ago when I felt my flight was coming to an end and came in for a gentle landing -- and was grounded, couldn't get back up.

But not just levitating.  Kind of "steer" with your torso to get some airspeed going. :-)  (I'm talking like I think it's real -- and it DOES seem so real!)
I do the same with video games, when i have to jump i tend to lift off my chair or use some other strange body movement even though its a simulation

maren

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2015, 01:29:28 AM
To me it kinda feels like trying to float on water .. .you can kinda do it for awhile, and then your legs sink down, except this is in air.  Still cool though.   8)

It IS cool!  If we could do that in our 3-d lives....whoa!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 24, 2015, 01:30:44 AM

Was wrong.

I recommend switching to Dave. He's talking about Michael Horn/Billy Meier's stupid fake shit. Obviously that's better than string theory so have at it.

Rocky4228

Quote from: Zzzzillion on November 24, 2015, 01:30:44 AM

Was wrong.
I'm afraid I won't be helping that when I ask my question.  :P

maren

Quote from: Barfly on November 24, 2015, 01:30:56 AM
I do the same with video games, when i have to jump i tend to lift off my chair or use some other strange body movement even though its a simulation

That's funny -- reminds me of "responding" in a dream.  You're tripping, your legs jerk (in bed) to keep you from going splat (dream).

The mind is pretty damn awe-inspiring.

Barfly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2015, 01:32:50 AM
I recommend switching to Dave. He's talking about Michael Horn/Billy Meier's stupid fake shit. Obviously that's better than string theory so have at it.
Put on Zeppelin and crank it up to 11, wait to see if Dick is screening calls

zeebo

Quote from: Rocky4228 on November 24, 2015, 01:33:01 AM
I'm afraid I won't be helping that when I ask my question.  :P

Show rocks.  Rock on with your question Rocky.

maren

;D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Barfly on November 24, 2015, 01:34:27 AM
Put on Zeppelin and crank it up to 11, wait to see if Dick is screening calls

Agree and that's going to be interesting. He'll either have a secret door guest or pontificate about Mars for 2 hours.

It's definitely an exhilarating physical sensation of flying, and invariably I gradually start losing altitude and physically struggle to maintain it for a few scones before waking up right before I touch ground.  That's always incredibly frustrating!

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2015, 01:35:34 AM
Agree and that's going to be interesting. He'll either have a secret door guest or pontificate about Mars for 2 hours.

or have another repeat show

Barfly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 24, 2015, 01:35:34 AM
Or have some long chat with Scott, that would be riveting radio  ???

WanagoBleu

Quote from: maren on November 24, 2015, 01:29:52 AM
That's right!  I remember you saying that you went to the Institute!  I had some tapes but never really give it any effort or time.
Lucid Dreaming Intensive March 19 - 25, 2016, https://www.monroeinstitute.org/node/2198

zeebo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 24, 2015, 01:37:20 AM
Lucid Dreaming Intensive March 19 - 25, 2016, https://www.monroeinstitute.org/node/2198

Hey wg ... can you go back to a place you've been before?  There's a city I went to in my dreams, much cooler than any videogame I ever played.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Barfly on November 24, 2015, 01:37:17 AM
Or have some long chat with Scott, that would be riveting radio  ???

Vacuum tubes and you. A how-to on changing them out in your radio.

Zzzzillion

Will do. But what's "Dave"?