• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151123 - Michio Kaku - Sciencey Stuff - Live Show Chat

Started by jazmunda, November 23, 2015, 05:30:09 PM

FLLFlash

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 11:38:21 PM
They just started a 300gig cap on us in the Keys and some other places, i hate them fuckers

I'm not diggin' the cap, Barfly.

WanagoBleu

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 11:43:07 PM
Better brush up on your Vogon poetry.
also, look up the ' to go's menus from the restaurant at the end of the universe for food delivery.

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on November 23, 2015, 11:44:31 PM
If I remember right, the Borg can travel Warp 11, Zeeb.

Yes but they have to receive the message first.   :)

albrecht

the hunter vs developer thing got a laugh from me because so true.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Barfly on November 23, 2015, 11:40:56 PM
I didn't hear it but i am offended by anything that claims to be psychic, most of those people are more likely to be psychotic rather than psychic

Yeah, that's true.  They're mostly frauds.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 23, 2015, 11:43:34 PM
Unless they are really a type III and have nanotechnology stationed in our solar system awaiting the moment we discover their existence. Then they simply hit us with a grey goo weapon. Within 48 hours, earth is completely consumed.
25000 yrs ago, the guys with sharp ends on their sticks were the Type III civilization, and its been downhill ever since relative to a kumbaya world.

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 23, 2015, 11:37:49 PM
Probably, but there's a bigger issue. Such a society would be collecting the power of all suns of a galaxy using some variant of a Dyson sphere. That would create a unique infrared signature to the overall spectrum of the galaxy in which they live as that technology reradiated waste heat. A systematic study over 100,000 galaxies revealed not a single one with such a spectrum.

You would that a civilization like that would have developed technologies that really didn't need that much energy. Thus making Dyson Spheres unesseciary.

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 11:45:22 PM
Yes but they have to receive the message first.   :)

That's the best news I've had all week.   :)

inuk2600

Unless they are really a type III and have nanotechnology stationed in our solar system awaiting the moment we discover their existence. Then they simply hit us with a grey goo weapon. Within 48 hours, earth is completely consumed.

Hehe, we better keep quiet. God knows what monsters lurk out there in the interstellar jungle.

JamesMcDonald

What the crap??

Worldwide travel alert: State Department issues warning for Americans amid increased terror threat
POSTED 5:42 PM, NOVEMBER 23, 2015, BY ALYSSA ZAUDERER

http://pix11.com/2015/11/23/worldwide-travel-alert-state-department-issues-warning-for-americans-amid-increased-terror-threat/

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2015, 11:44:53 PM
Point taken.  :-X

Don't worry, nanotechnological molecular deconstruction will be fast and painless. Well, unless they don't want it to be, of course.  ;D

trostol

you are a ray of sunshine lol

starrmtn001

I'll see your gray goo and raise you a strangelet.  It deletes existence (I think).

zeebo

Quote from: WanagoBleu on November 23, 2015, 11:45:14 PM
also, look up the ' to go's menus from the restaurant at the end of the universe for food delivery.

call ahead for a reservation ... like a long time ahead  ;)

maren

Quote from: nbirnes on November 23, 2015, 11:44:38 PM
Trampled Rose / Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Thanks to you, too (Coaster pointed me in the right direction).  I went looking for your Thread, but didn't find it, so thanks for chiming in.  Interesting -- I haven't been the least bit interested in what Plant's been doing for some reason.  This might be an entirely new wonder for me!   ;)

JamesMcDonald

I just got a Roomba a couple weeks ago and I LOVE IT!

Barfly

Quote from: FLLFlash on November 23, 2015, 11:45:12 PM
I'm not diggin' the cap, Barfly.
They probably got you also, some places are for "testing"
OR pay 30 fuckin bucks more per month for what you already had, they are going after cord cutters, i haven't had Cable TV since i lived here and thats 7 years.
I have no other choice but shit DSL, slow as fuck.

zeebo

Quote from: cosmotherobot on November 23, 2015, 11:47:35 PM
written by Tom Waits - its a great cover

didn't know that, cool ... Art needs to play some TW ... his music is of-the-night ...

VtaGeezer

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 23, 2015, 11:49:50 PM
I just got a Roomba a couple weeks ago and I LOVE IT!
Thinking of getting one for SWMBO for Xmas.  Does it do a decent job on carpeting??

Zzzzillion

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on November 23, 2015, 11:47:37 PM
What the crap??

Worldwide travel alert: State Department issues warning for Americans amid increased terror threat
POSTED 5:42 PM, NOVEMBER 23, 2015, BY ALYSSA ZAUDERER

http://pix11.com/2015/11/23/worldwide-travel-alert-state-department-issues-warning-for-americans-amid-increased-terror-threat/

Saw that this morning. Seems the religion of peace is shockingly thinking of doing some not-so-peaceful things.
Actually issued early today. The r

WanagoBleu

Quote from: maren on November 23, 2015, 11:49:28 PM
Thanks to you, too (Coaster pointed me in the right direction).  I went looking for your Thread, but didn't find it, so thanks for chiming in.  Interesting -- I haven't been the least bit interested in what Plant's been doing for some reason.  This might be an entirely new wonder for me!   ;)
I believe their album won a number of awards. Great collaboration, amazing voices.