• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: driton on December 05, 2012, 01:18:35 PM
I havent listened since the pizza roll show, but came across a good gauge of what george snoory has done to the show.

Back in 1998, Art had 22 million listeners on around 300 stations.
Today, George has  3 - 4.5 million listeners on 560 stations.

Almost twice as many stations, yet about 1/5 or less the listeners?   Looks like Noory's mission is about complete as ..... The Great Destroyer.

Quote from: driton on December 05, 2012, 01:18:35 PM
I havent listened since the pizza roll show, but came across a good gauge of what george snoory has done to the show.

Back in 1998, Art had 22 million listeners on around 300 stations.
Today, George has  3 - 4.5 million listeners on 560 stations.

And... those are 'cums' - cumulative listeners for a week.  So George's 3M becomes 600,000 per night, and of those I'd guess not many listen for more than a segment or 2.

Most of Art's listeners stayed for the whole show.

George is so far behind Art Bell that he doesn't even register

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 05, 2012, 02:06:45 PM

'An old Navy buddy'.  George was in the Naval Reserves and had a desk job in DC.

Once again Geeoge tells a personal story attempting to make himself look lke the person he'd like to be, but as always it just doesn't quite ring true and makes him sound creepy.

Navy buddy.  What a laugh.  Anyone else out there giving money to people you worked in an office with 25 years ago?

Thanks for your service, George.

The BENEVOLENT Great Destroyer.  ;)

McPhallus

Quote from: Morgus on December 05, 2012, 12:55:18 AM
That frequent annoying caller Bill from West Hartford, Conn (the amateur atheist astronomer) got on the air yet again just now asking more questions about Mars. He gets on almost every week lately...

He reminds me of that old Newhart bit: "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, this is my other brother...."

ChewMouse

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 05, 2012, 02:06:45 PM

Navy buddy.  What a laugh. 
I just can't wrap my head around the idea that GN has buddies or friends. Who would hang with this guy? He only talks to people he meets at conferences, and I'm pretty sure they spend a lot of time clearing their throats and glancing meaningfully at their wristwatches.

Remember too that this is the guy who just last week sat up overnight with a pizza roll fried blistering gullet waiting for morning so he could call Tommy for a ride to the hospital. And Tommy gets paid!

http://www.kxl.com/pages/archive?app=podcast&podcastID=10692
Okay, well just go to Clydes last night show. Listen to the end of hour five, for the song that puts UFO Phil to shame. A song that was spontaneous, and you will never have to hear it ever again, much less every Friday night for your miserable existence, lol.
The ONLY reason Noory has had any ratings at all for many years is because people with radios as their only option have no choice. If nothing else I am just happy the truckers can listen in, who knows how the poor sods made it through these past few years?

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on December 05, 2012, 01:31:34 PMWell, I have tried a few times today to email Noory and they are not going through.  Maybe there's a filter?
You probably got on Noory's 'hater' email list filter...  8)

ItsOver

Quote from: McPhallus on December 05, 2012, 03:08:25 PM
He reminds me of that old Newhart bit: "Hi, I'm Larry, this is my brother Darryl, this is my other brother...."

Yeah, they were hilarious.  ;D

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on December 05, 2012, 03:28:41 PM
You probably got on Noory's 'hater' email list filter...  8)

Remember....Noory doesn't tolerate any of "that there holler'n 'n fight'n stuff...."  so I'm sure it got on the "hater" list.  Noory doesn't listen to most of his guests, why would he really care or listen to a critical email?  Everything is just "hunky-dory" in "NooryWorld."  Except for those "hater" pizza rolls.  ;)

LAM4:2

I remember when I use to listen to Art Bell. I would listen to the whole show , I would have to fight sleep just so I can listen to the very end. I needed an alarm clock to help get me up in the morning. But with the current Coast2Coast lineup I can barely stand to  listen for 10 minutes, and no I don't need an alarm clock anymore.

The General

I swear to God that this picture is not doctored in any way.  I saw a sign for this local Christmas play and my jaw hit the floor.  Is that George in a wig with a rifle?  And what is this about Tuna?

ItsOver

Quote from: LAM4:2 on December 05, 2012, 03:55:51 PM
I remember when I use to listen to Art Bell. I would listen to the whole show , I would have to fight sleep just so I can listen to the very end. I needed an alarm clock to help get me up in the morning. But with the current Coast2Coast lineup I can barely stand to  listen for 10 minutes, and no I don't need an alarm clock anymore.

Absolutely.  C2C has gone from one extreme to the other.  From a cure for narcolepsy to a cure for insomnia.  :(

ItsOver

Quote from: The General on December 05, 2012, 04:00:04 PM
I swear to God that this picture is not doctored in any way.  I saw a sign for this local Christmas play and my jaw hit the floor.  Is that George in a wig with a rifle?  And what is this about Tuna?

;D ;D  Maestro...hit it!

Chris DeBurgh - Lady In Red

I bet this "loan" was a shared cab ride and his "buddy" may not have the correct cash or something like that.

ziznak

looks like another crapfest tonight...

dear god... please send noory that final pizza roll tonight and let him (and the rest of us) find our peace?

jeffy

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on December 05, 2012, 10:07:18 AM

Premier radio has picked Clyde up, and he has varying hours in different markets. My guess is Premier is keeping an eye on him as a possible replacement for either Noory or maybe they're going to revamp the entire C2C show. But I've been begging for that for a decade or more and no joy. But I am happy to actually get FIVE hours of Clyde through KXL at this link; http://www.kxl.com/pages/ground_zero
and his show is archived commercial free for free the next day at this same link. It's a very sweet deal!
Clyde used to open for Art Bell many years ago, but he had a couple of very nasty bouts with cancer that seems to have put the kaboosh on his career for years. I found him again a few years back doing a midnight show out of Portland on Sunday nights, which was worth staying up for:)
Anyway, I am glad you enjoyed it, and I just wanted to let my old buddies over here know about it.

thank you for the information.

ZombiePoppa

Tonight the big dummy and one of his guests (split show, awesome) will discuss "energy healing". Lemme guess: Ya have to learn to vibrate at a higher level or some shit.

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on December 05, 2012, 03:24:43 PM
http://www.kxl.com/pages/archive?app=podcast&podcastID=10692
Okay, well just go to Clydes last night show. Listen to the end of hour five, for the song that puts UFO Phil to shame. A song that was spontaneous, and you will never have to hear it ever again, much less every Friday night for your miserable existence, lol.
The ONLY reason Noory has had any ratings at all for many years is because people with radios as their only option have no choice. If nothing else I am just happy the truckers can listen in, who knows how the poor sods made it through these past few years?

I have called many talk shows over the years (three times to C2C) and my best on-air experience was with Clyde in the early 2000's. He let me talk a long time and never tried to rush me. He asked intelligent questions. Later we exchanged a few e-mails and he invited me to his weekly gathering of listeners at  a pub in Portland. Clyde really wants to know what his callers think. He wants to meet them. Snoory only does 'meet 'n greets' when he's forced to do so. He only meets listeners at his conferences where people have to pay to hear him speak. Anyone who would pay to hear the Snooron has big problems.

Quote from: Morgus on December 04, 2012, 03:03:44 PM
Spark's phone connection was a little sub-par, but still listenable.
Noory seemed to want to dump him quickly and even when the show started in the first hour (an hour before Sparks came on) Noory hinted he may also have open lines tonight and/or a special "surprise"

So it seemed Noory had already before the show setup the special "surprise" fill-in guest Howard Bloom to take over for Sparks and used the phone connection excuse again (studio equipment could have added white noise?) to dump him...

When I heard the Snooron say they might have open lines later and a 'surprise', I knew the main guest wasn't going to last long. It was obviously a pre-planned bait 'n switch. Bloom being the 'surprise', I turned off my radio. To me he's just a little more sophisticated version of Bill in West Hartford Connecticut. They even have irritatingly similar voices. Maybe they are actually one person, who Snoory can pull out of a hat, when either there are no other callers, or the real guest is too much for Snoory to handle. Bloom gets on almost as often as Bill.

Quote from: Flash Gordon on December 04, 2012, 05:29:02 PM

Lastly, has anyone noticed that the whole Mayan calender thing is really dumb? I mean, it isn't like they took into account daylight savings and leap years.....if that were the case the world would have ended in the 60's....

Ok, I am done for now.

The Mayan Calendar has never been successfully translated into the Gregorian Calendar. My husband is a Mayan from Guatemala, and I can tell you that not even the Mayans themselves know where the end date of their calendar falls in the Gregorian Calendar - just that it's soon. If you want to know who invented Dec. 21st 2012 as the end date of the Mayan Calendar, go to youtube and watch the video: "On the Huxley's, Gordon Wasson, Terence McKenna, Esalen, psychedelics, 2012 & mind control".

I was surprised when Mitch Battros (on his last guest appearance) brought up the subject that some Mayans in Guatemala are upset with all the hoopla surrounding them now. Snoory had no comment on this. It made me wonder if Battros had actually talked to a real Mayan. If he had, he would probably be the only guest on C2C who has. IMO, the C2C guests who claim they have spoken with "Mayan Elders" are lying...or, they have visited Chitzen Itza, Tulum or Palenque and had a conversation with one of the trinket sellers who mill around all the ruinas. These guys will say anything, or claim to be anyone, if they think it will get a gringo to part with his cash.

Hoaxland faked the photo of the pillar of light coming out of the pyramid because he still has empty berths on his Mayan 2012 cruise and he wants to fill them. The fact that the cruise is not sold-out so close to the big day, indicates what folks think about Hoaxland these days. Even the story of how the picture was taken is phony. Guatemalas don't go on vacation to Mexico and take photos of their kids in front of pyramids. In reality, Guatemalans sneak across the border into Mexico and go to the tourist towns, where they take the jobs so difficult and dirty, that not even the Mexicans will do them. That's what my husband is doing in Cancun right now. Cancun is a depressing place when you're poor. Go over to the Mexican side of town away from the beach, and you'll see Central Americans on every street corner hawking chiclets, trying to survive. When I think of all the Americans and Europeans making big bucks with tours, seminars and books pushing a phony end date to the Mayan Calendar, it makes me sick. A recent guest on C2C was obviously concerned that the 20 year old gravy train is rolling towards it's end. He floated the idea that factions within the Mayans disagree on the actual end date. I'm sure this is the line that all the 2012 hucksters will adopt to keep making money off the Mayans, after the date has come and gone.

Nucky Nolan

Midnight, there's no end to the End. If the 2012 hoopla and hyperbole come and go, the "lecture circuit" will find some new and improved Apocalypse. The false prophets will make more false profits. You can set your calendar by it.

Maxwell

I just got a response from George.

RE: Listener calls
Wednesday, December 5, 2012 7:51 PM

We had two different phone operators…..and I don’t keep track of the dates..they do

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:44 PM
To: george@coasttocoastam.com
Subject: Listener calls

George,

Bill from West Hartford, Connecticut called with a question for Robert Zubrin last night.  He also called two weeks ago during the November 20 Michio Kaku show.  Why wasn't your 30-day rule applied to him?

mombird3

I hope this Clyde gets on. Anything is better than Noory. It is just the same old thing all the time.

El Kragen

The C2C Facebook page just posted this from sNoory's new TV show. It's painful to watch. George actually barks like a dog.

I don't know how to post videos on this board so here's the link.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/videos/?uri=channels/455278/1705732

ziznak

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on December 06, 2012, 12:27:04 AM

Hitler wants Art Bell to return to c2c
hahah I watched the last one too ... it has boobies so i guess thats why you didnt post it... good stuff.
Quote from: El Kragen on December 06, 2012, 12:31:40 AM
The C2C Facebook page just posted this from sNoory's new TV show. It's painful to watch. George actually barks like a dog.

I don't know how to post videos on this board so here's the link.
http://www.coasttocoastam.com/videos/?uri=channels/455278/1705732
you're right that was painful.  That set looks like one that some corney infomercial threw in the dumpster.  I'm looking on the bright side tho... it could screw up his regular job and I'll have tons of video frames to grab silly george noory heads from for photoslopping.

Quote from: El Kragen on December 06, 2012, 12:31:40 AM
The C2C Facebook page just posted this from sNoory's new TV show. It's painful to watch. George actually barks like a dog...

George's first question to his first guest on thuh new shit show - he asks why his guest looks like Nostradamus.

The guest answers something about as time goes by a person starts to look like their dog or their wife.

At which point George starts barking, as El Kragen said.

I assume any promo clip of a show or movie I see is the best part or one of the best parts.

George sucks so bad it almost has to be on purpose.