• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Woks Wong

Quote from: bobo17 on December 25, 2015, 02:31:48 PM
My Wish for the New Year

Heather finally shakes her head and realizes she has no talent, may be able to make a few calls and line up guests and will resign and leave the air for good.  She is so bad, she makes GN look like a genius of night time talk.  Heather do yourself a favour and all the rest of us (and yes i am speaking for ALL of Bellgab,  quit and give us all a Happy New Year.

Art Bell comes back after securing a new residence and undisclosed location so he and his family are safe.

that's it......no too much to ask for

bobo17

Heather ok.  Medical proverb: can't learn complex job in one day.  It took me and my brother, Watt B. Wong M.D., Ch.B, 82 weeks to become mediocre doctors.  Perhaps generosity is needed around Christmas-Hebrew type time.

Art Bell

Ok, our snow picture is up on FB which is also up as of now. Amazing!

Art

Ciardelo

Quote from: Art Bell on December 25, 2015, 02:41:51 PM

Art
Merry Christmas!

GravitySucks

Art

Thanks Art!  Merry Christmas

Art -I was gonna say I miss your fb... So, yay!

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Bella Donna Boudreaux on December 25, 2015, 02:27:17 PM
Yo, I'm new.  Been following (radio not stalkyish) Art a pretty long time. Been reading y'all at Bellgab...a wacky menagerie of folks ... for bout a year. Wow. I saw Art post yesterday...and figured what the hell. I'll admit,  I unsubbed when Art quit. I know y'all likely don't give a shite, but here's the thing.... Art's appeal was built around the delivery mechanism... The content surrounded by lil bits of life he share...The cats...at the time .. Ramona chiming in. I can't buy in to heather based on an avatar of Emma peel.... Frankly, I'd rather have Art, but my lack of interest in heather...it's not ... Art mentioned jealousy? It's like... Give me a few bonefides.. Make me give a damn about listening. This " I'm too precious to reveal any
Personality or history or background" feels force fed and frankly, a tad insulting. If she's a placeholder, say it. I'm just appealing for honesty from Art and Heather. I'm not a 4 chan person btw...Ok I said my thing ... Happy holidays to y'all critters...
Merry Christmas everyone-

I havnt heard heather nor Art at all on this latest run but its my understanding that "Art bells return" was the entire basis of making DMRN if memory serves me correct. I know when Keith first began themnetwork I tried listening but the quality of shows just wasnt really there except for MV's show which got pulled over some misunderstanding or something - Again, I dont exactly remember what all happened.

The thing is, there was a 2 year build up for "Arts return" and then some weird teasing about not doing the show because of the bumper music - Finally, Art returns and then before 3 months is over- Quits again...

At this point, there is nobody who could replace Art on the DMRN based on the fact that the entire thing was really always about bell- HE was the heavyweight, the anchorman- The Main Event and all that jazz... No matter how good or bad heather might be, what the hell did anyone expect but backlash and trolling? There was no attempt that I have read about to replace Art with a respected broadcaster (ala George Knapp) but instead replaced the main attraction with a total amateur- How could anyone expect a different outcome? And charging a sub for content that frankly isnt as good as the free content on you tube is just madness.

Had I been involved in this round of the "Quittening" I too would have been trolling heather, the network, Art and everyone else who actually thought it was a good idea for Art to quit and place an unknown in his seat and have the audacity to ask people to 'give her time" -

The whole thing doesnt make any sense and no sane person would have thought this even had a chance.Once Art quit, the only  chance of keeping things afloat was with a real pro to replace him- Instead he takes some unknown person who has never had a show and asks for his fans to be patient- patience should have run out a longtime ago.

Thats my honest opinion anyhow. And the sycophants here are still amusing but also its a bit sad to see that some people just will never learn.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 25, 2015, 03:30:54 AM
Yeah, it's called a keyboard and an internet connection. The old boy couldn't have screwed up his reputation more thoroughly, and he doesn't even have the sense to let it go now, but keeps on banging on and making us all wonder what we saw in him in the first place.
Hi Sredni.

I have been, and always will be, a big fan of Art's.  Am I going to try to change your mind with logic or shame?  Oh HELL no!  I try to avoid doing stupid stuff as much as possible.  I only want to ask, can we just agree that we disagree and move on?  Thanks. 

Oh yeah.  Can't wait for the next installment of "Senda Carol." ;D

Rix Gins

Yo, I'm new. 

Welcome to BellGab.  Please post often.  I like your username.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on December 25, 2015, 03:54:48 AM
Merry Christmas everybody, I am still awake because Asia wished for snow on Christmas and that does not happen here except Paul (My old Producer) called me about 30 minutes ago and told me we have a good half inch on the ground so we woke up Asia and took pictures! Snow on Christmas or any day of the year is unheard of, this is about one in a million!

Art
Sounds like Santa granted Asia's Christmas wish. ;)  Merry Christmas Art and all of the ABs!

gabrielle

Art

That is a gorgeous pic Art.  Merry Christmas. 
Here in Canada we have a balmy 45 degree temp with no snow.  This is the first Christmas I can remember where I could go for a hike without winter boots.

Best wishes.

Chronaut

Art

Fantastic - I'm a big fan of a white Christmas...from a comfortable distance  :)

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 25, 2015, 01:12:11 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICkGA7OfMjY

This was fascinating to listen to, gracias.  Grant Morrison's accent's a bit tricky to puzzle through but he's always got interesting material.  I tried his sigil magic procedure a few years ago and the damn stuff worked the first time.  Kinda freaked me out so I never tried it again, but I understand Art's reluctance to do more mass consciousness experiments.  Grant describes the technique here (note:  use at your own peril ; )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mtzU9mVlk0

BellBoy

Art

Merry Christmas Art!

Chronaut

Art

What a charming Christmas photo - thanks Art!

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716?fref=nf

Hoagland did thank Art in his Christmas show. To Hoagie's credit... ;)

starrmtn001

Art
Wow Art, that's not just a light dusting, that's a lot of snow!

It is an ungodly 70 plus degrees F in the southern US, so it is really quite nice to see
Proper snow. I am not a suck up but.., nice for Art and Asia as well....

Night Train

Art,
Earlier today I made a trip to 7-11, where I picked up some Steel Reserve, Pizza Rolls, and turmeric for my Christmas dinner.

At the 7-11, I couldn't help but notice that the cover story on Star magazine this week is that Bruce Jenner realizes he made a horrible mistake. He's very unhappy living as a woman, and is strongly considering going back to living as a man.

Art, if Bruce is man enough to admit he really blew it, so are you. Just admit you burned out/pussywhipped out, whatever, and you made up some horseshit stories to add some drama because after Sirius you knew what few fans you had left would go ballistic if you just said you don't feel like doing it five nights a week anymore. 

Your fans will forgive you, the cops aren't going to prosecute a crazy old man for filing a false report (and, if they do, think of the free publicity!), and I'll cut my trolling back to 20-30 posts a day. 

It's a win-win for everybody.  Promise me you'll think about it, Art.

Well, I just polished off the sixth can of Steel Reserve.  Now I'm off to the park to throw rocks at the squirrels.

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 25, 2015, 02:54:57 PM
Welcome to BellGab.  Please post often.  I like your username.

Why thank you, Rix...I hope to join in when I have something to
Contribute. striking the tone between sincere and asshatish is a tricky
Two step ... 🐇

onan

Yo, I'm new.  Been following (radio not stalkyish) Art a pretty long time. Been reading y'all at Bellgab...a wacky menagerie of folks ... for bout a year. Wow. I saw Art post yesterday...and figured what the hell. I'll admit,  I unsubbed when Art quit. I know y'all likely don't give a shite, but here's the thing.... Art's appeal was built around the delivery mechanism... The content surrounded by lil bits of life he share...The cats...at the time .. Ramona chiming in. I can't buy in to heather based on an avatar of Emma peel.... Frankly, I'd rather have Art, but my lack of interest in heather...it's not ... Art mentioned jealousy? It's like... Give me a few bonefides.. Make me give a damn about listening. This " I'm too precious to reveal any
Personality or history or background" feels force fed and frankly, a tad insulting. If she's a placeholder, say it. I'm just appealing for honesty from Art and Heather. I'm not a 4 chan person btw...Ok I said my thing ... Happy holidays to y'all critters...

Welcome, have fun.

starrmtn001

Has anyone else noticed that our Art Bell Thread has passed the gns thread?  We're ahead by 3 pages at the moment.

Art Bell Thread:  2389

gns thread:  2386

onan

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 25, 2015, 03:35:02 PM
Has anyone else noticed that our Art Bell Thread has passed the gns thread?  We're ahead by 3 pages at the moment.

Art Bell Thread:  2389

gns thread:  2386

I hadn't, thank you.

RickySsan

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 25, 2015, 03:14:30 PM
Wow Art, that's not just a light dusting, that's a lot of snow!

for Canadian standards thats a dusting, just heard we're in for our first dusting of 11 inches next tuesday.. yay.. :'( knew the nice weather wouldn't last..

RickySsan

Quote from: gabrielle on December 25, 2015, 02:57:15 PM
That is a gorgeous pic Art.  Merry Christmas. 
Here in Canada we have a balmy 45 degree temp with no snow.  This is the first Christmas I can remember where I could go for a hike without winter boots.

Best wishes.

or Toque ;)

Art

I thought you were quitting all social media? Do you ever stick to your word?

RickySsan

Quote from: Night Train on December 25, 2015, 03:28:28 PM
At the 7-11, I couldn't help but notice that the cover story on Star magazine this week is that Bruce Jenner realizes he made a horrible mistake. He's very unhappy living as a woman, and is strongly considering going back to living as a man.

Really how does that work? get his junk re-attached, go off the hormones and thats it? you'd think he'd thought it through a fair bit..

Night Train

Quote from: RickySsan on December 25, 2015, 03:50:40 PM
Really how does that work? get his junk re-attached, go off the hormones and thats it? you'd think he'd thought it through a fair bit..

He got breast implants, but he still has his penis.

Kind of like Art's stalker, I'm guessing?

Night Train

Quote from: Totally Not The Stalker on December 25, 2015, 03:48:47 PM
I thought you were quitting all social media? Do you ever stick to your word?

He's deffo a flighty bitch!

ItsOver

Quote from: Night Train on December 25, 2015, 03:28:28 PM

...Well, I just polished off the sixth can of Steel Reserve.  Now I'm off to the park to throw rocks at the squirrels.
The flies thank you for preserving their wings today.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 25, 2015, 02:46:15 PM
Merry Christmas everyone-

At this point, there is nobody who could replace Art on the DMRN based on the fact that the entire thing was really always about bell- HE was the heavyweight, the anchorman- The Main Event and all that jazz... No matter how good or bad heather might be, what the hell did anyone expect but backlash and trolling? There was no attempt that I have read about to replace Art with a respected broadcaster (ala George Knapp) but instead replaced the main attraction with a total amateur- How could anyone expect a different outcome? And charging a sub for content that frankly isnt as good as the free content on you tube is just madness.

Had I been involved in this round of the "Quittening" I too would have been trolling heather, the network, Art and everyone else who actually thought it was a good idea for Art to quit and place an unknown in his seat and have the audacity to ask people to 'give her time" -

The whole thing doesnt make any sense and no sane person would have thought this even had a chance.Once Art quit, the only  chance of keeping things afloat was with a real pro to replace him- Instead he takes some unknown person who has never had a show and asks for his fans to be patient- patience should have run out a longtime ago.

Thats my honest opinion anyhow. And the sycophants here are still amusing but also its a bit sad to see that some people just will never learn.

I agree. I'm no sycophant by any means. Again, I just want rational behavior...at least tell us something about the new person. Make it up!! This sounds harsher than I mean for it too, but dang. I have no comment about any of the stuff that took Art off the air. I'm just
Asking for someone to freaking TRY to give heather a context other than "I was <Redacted>... "...? Is that insane?? Im not hatin' on heather, her posts here were reasonable. I also think the overwhelming crapshower of social media freaked Art out. I dunno.
My family is exhausting and I'm out of sassy rejoinders for the moment...

smithy

Art

Christmas miracles... here's wishing for more to come. Thanks for the great shows you've produced, Art. This past summer they got me through finding out my mom had stage 4 cancer and her passing this week. All things pass but the return of Art Bell show helped me through some hard times. Merry Christmas to the AB family and all bellgabbers.