A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Scully

Compared only to George, Larry the Cable Guy would seem adequate.  ;)

Wells will be heard more, I predict..

Lovely Bones

Quote from: Scully on November 02, 2011, 05:07:06 AM
Compared only to George, Larry the Cable Guy would seem adequate.  ;)

And at least we'd get 'er done.   ;D

Kylearan

I can't stand Well's voice. I wish George Knapp would be there more on Sundays. His voice makes my skin crawl. He's almost as bad as George Noory. Ian Punnet and Knapp are the best hosts C2C has. I wish they would dump Noory and put either one in his place for the weekly show.

Kylearan

I couldn't stand Wells' voice at first, I really couldn't. Then again, I felt the same with Ian and Knapp at first, too.

Now I think he's the closest imitation there is to Art. It's not perfect, hell know, but there are certain attributes and characteristics that they share. That said, mentioning God a lot is a bit irritating.

I thought the WWII Secrets show was good, though.

b_dubb

Quote from: noorysmoustache on November 17, 2011, 02:21:51 PM
I thought the WWII Secrets show was good, though.
i agree.  but part of me thinks that Wells should've called bullshit. especially when dougy insisted that the Germans and the Japanese had atomic weapons.  clearly that's just not the case

I must say.. the WWII show was one of the better in a while for a few reasons. In a way, even if the guest was BS, I think the 'fun' element of the show in the middle of the night was there. Face it, we don't really 100% rely on the show for accuracy but want to be entertained more than anything..

valdez

Quote from: HorrorReporter on November 19, 2011, 06:50:03 PM
...I am getting to like J.B. Wells along with his voice despite the outcry on this message board against him.. he is growing on me.

I like Wells.  I just think he can be a little long-winded sometimes, like "we're gonna take a freaky ride on the conversation highway located somewhere between treason and insanity and I'm gonna shoot out the back window, so just tell me if I'm steering this baby in a direction you don't wanna be...uh...where was I going with this?"

Quote from: valdez on November 20, 2011, 06:38:04 AM

I like Wells.  I just think he can be a little long-winded sometimes, like "we're gonna take a freaky ride on the conversation highway located somewhere between treason and insanity and I'm gonna shoot out the back window, so just tell me if I'm steering this baby in a direction you don't wanna be...uh...where was I going with this?"

Agreed. The long winded stuff .. but it's somewhat fun when he forgets where he was.

I have noticed one thing, and don't know how meaningful this is.. but the shows he hosts are always top watched on CoasttoCoastAM.com ....

valdez

Science guy, Robert Zimmerman can carry a show even when he's subjected to El Snooro, so it was cool to hear him with Wells.  Bashing the global warmist.  I haven't read anything on these new "climate gate" emails, but I reckon I will do so soon.  Open lines was mainly dedicated to Wells' doubts about those peaceful "occupy" folks, as well as his advice to them, which was basically to stand for the constitution and use the power of the ballot box.  How he spent two hours discussing it and never mentioning the Tea Party I'll never know.  Was he scheduled to be on or did Noory skip out?  No ufo phil song, but some really creepy stuff instead.  Wells is creepy.  An ok show.

Robert Zimmerman
Zimmerman

The show was spontaneous, sloppy, and fun. Open lines were a bit better even. John Wells at least interacts.

I am ready to say it, come hell or high water that people on this board may send at me, John B. Wells should take over the show--at least him/Knapp/Punnett with Noory doing a special show now and then. Hell, even give Noory the April fools show to insult Linda Howe and give him Christmas. He can have broadway musical acts .. I don't know.

But Wells is a better fit for the night.

I know he is hated by some on here.. but weigh the options.. and .. think about it.,

patricia24

I don't know Wells but his guest Robert Zimmerman seems to be a ridiculous (who can easily fool the public with his convincing rhertoric) neocon promoting false ideas that Climategate "scandal" (ooohhh!) shows global warming does not exist. Wrong.   

Emails “leaked” from ONE university that is, University of Anglia,  do not make for “Climategate” despite Sarah Palin and Faux News. For clarification, some reading is in order:  This is from the UK
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jul/07/climate-emails-question-answer

Or this article from Cambridge “Climate Gate is a Distraction” I would add a dangerous distraction.
http://www.cambridgenetwork.co.uk/news/article/default.aspx?objid=86108

Of course,  if he wants to go ahead and ride his hummers and ATW and nevermmind the fires in Texas, floods on the East Coast, polar ice melting, invasive species, birds changing migratory patterns, hey, I like it -
it’s 70 degrees in northern California in December these days!

Sorry to be such of downer but these kinds of guests are depressingly agenda-driven by corporate interests with narrow minds (see Jeremy Corsi). 

Why can't they have one progressive voice on their show?  Where are the diverse voices of women, men of color, etc?
It's mostly white men who are conservative politically who are on their show to talk about current events. They seem to "cutting edge" but would not be surprised to find they are funded by the Heritage Foundation, or the Koch Brothers etc!  Ha !

or maybe for intrigue interview "Anonymous" or  wikileaks founder Julian Assange or Paul Krugman or OWS or writers from the Huffington Post or CommonDreams or AlterNews.net??     What happened to those voices?   There are alot of ethical forces taking place all over the world and C2C keeps on its old agenda while missing the boats.  Things are changing.

C2C is too corporate driven while pretending like it's not.   Be aware.

That being said - I like George Knapp best.  He is most even handed and he is handsome. (Doesn't hurt!)

CoastCanuck

Quote from: patricia24 on November 26, 2011, 01:47:44 PM

That being said - I like George Knapp best.  He is most even handed and he is handsome. (Doesn't hurt!)

I agree - I think he is a handsome man.  And his intelligence and personality make him attractive too!

Tara

Quote from: CoastCanuck on November 26, 2011, 02:27:35 PM
I agree - I think he is a handsome man.  And his intelligence and personality make him attractive too!

Here's another one who thinks Knapp is attractive and intelligent, plus he's in my age group.  Anyone know if he's taken?  Just kidding. 

Frys Girl

I'm so over the climate thing. If you don't want to make too much CO2, it's your business. Stay out of mine. Also, instead of getting the backward government involved, let businesses find new and better ways. Any time government gets involved, things go badly.

I like Wells, but he's a bit too neo-con/ignorant of world issues for my taste. He's too into the fear mongering about Iran, which is something I can't stand about George Noory. They don't know shit about the Iranian government, and they make comments.... too many for people who don't know jack. Ahmadinejad, for those of you who do not know, has NO POWER over anything. He is just a figurehead and he can sway things in parliament, which is what drives voters, like teachers, who adore him. He is big into education, for example.

What kills me is that the amount of lying about Iran that goes on. Michelle Bachmann was a dirty liar and she lied about Ahmadinejad's interview. I'm glad that band played that song about her. Americans don't give a shit about their own country anymore. That's why we are electing these idiots and giving them platforms.

Wells needs to focus on what he is good at: American stuff! I'm so sick of the media's obsession with foreign relations since 9-11. At least try to get it right. At least try to be fair! For goodness' sake, I keep hearing the "why do they hate us question" for a decade now, and the answer still isn't clear? Because we are wrong! Because we are focused on everyone but ourselves. Wells knows this, but I think that Premiere is swaying the fear of foreign topics too much. That must be why Noory does the same thing. Heaven knows he's too ignorant to give a shit about these topics on his own.

b_dubb

just look at cleveland oh during the 60's and 70's for an example of how you can trust business to do the 'right thing' when it comes to not polluting.  does anyone know if the story about the river in NE Ohio catching fire during the early 70s is true or just an urban myth?

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on November 26, 2011, 03:45:56 PM
just look at cleveland oh during the 60's and 70's for an example of how you can trust business to do the 'right thing' when it comes to not polluting.  does anyone know if the story about the river in NE Ohio catching fire during the early 70s is true or just an urban myth?
As if businesses don't do this type of thing. There is always a way around laws. Most government intervention in environmental issues just hurts honest businesses. Obama's cronies know this, and they love it.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 26, 2011, 04:04:53 PM
As if businesses don't do this type of thing. There is always a way around laws. Most government intervention in environmental issues just hurts honest businesses. Obama's cronies know this, and they love it.
so when obama made BP accountable for damages from the runaway oil well in the Gulf he was just victimizing an honest business? 

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on November 26, 2011, 04:09:25 PM
so when obama made BP accountable for damages from the runaway oil well in the Gulf he was just victimizing an honest business?
Yes..... that's exactly what I meant.  ::)

b_dubb

if that's how you feel i encourage you to go for a nice long swim in the gulf of mexico

illness

CoastCanuck

I enjoyed John's show again last night.  Everytime he is on, he does a good job.   He plays some interesting bumper music, too.  He still needs to work on the timing of the breaks, though.  Must drive the local stations crazy with his deviation from the norm.   It's time to add a write up on him under the 'Hosts' category of the C2C website.

Scully

I don't want to start a food fight here, but I can't help noticing that those who share Wells' political outlook usually seem to have a much easier time overlooking his hosting deficiencies.

I feel sure I would be the same way if he were a left-wing liberal loon.  ::)

Scully

Quote from: Frys Girl on November 26, 2011, 03:12:48 PM
... I think that Premiere is swaying the fear of foreign topics too much. That must be why Noory does the same thing. Heaven knows he's too ignorant to give a shit about these topics on his own.

On this point I would say Amen, FG.

... from ONE university that is, University of Anglia...

Yeah, just one of thousands of universities, so pay them no mind.  Well except they happen to one of the main sources of climate change research, with their researchers taking the lead in global policy on climate change and playing key roles in climate change debates.

Your breezy 'just one university' is very telling.

Why can't they have one progressive voice on their show?  Where are the diverse voices of women, men of color, etc?
It's mostly white men...

For one thing, the 'Progressives' are the ones demanding ever more of our freedom, ever more taxes to fund their failed schemes.  These are the same people we've been fighting forever, finally gaining liberty in 1776.  We are saturated by media run by these people, it's nice to hear a tiny voice from the other side get through once in awhile.  Now that there actually are a few other voices being heard - mostly on the radio and on the internet, having outflanked the Leftist media - the Left denounces them as 'too white and too male'.

But still no explanation for the emails talking about exaggerating data that supports their cause, ignoring data that doesn't, how to lie and manipulate.  If these emails 'are taken out of context', what context should they be viewed through?

And illegally destroying the raw data their 'conclusions' came from, rather than turning it over to be examined for peer review.  Still waiting for the explanation for that...

This man made climate cooling, er warming, er change, is a fraud.  The Left are like termites, they never give up

Eddie Coyle

"People of color"...one of those terms that the brain dead PC left use ad nauseam. The language of fools. FUCKING NOORY is "of color" but the idiot above who used the term wouldn't consider him "of color" because he isn't a Pacifica host sharing her jejune views.
          JEEEEZUS.

I like him but so far share few of his political beliefs... Maybe it's his hypnotic bumper music.

stevesh

Quote from: Scully on November 26, 2011, 11:00:52 PM
I don't want to start a food fight here, but I can't help noticing that those who share Wells' political outlook usually seem to have a much easier time overlooking his hosting deficiencies.

I share a lot of Wells' apparent political stands (minus the bible thumpery) and I can't stand the guy. He always takes whatever discussion he's engaged in off into some completely different area (as he did with Zimmerman, to the point where the guest had to suggest they get back to talking about science and space), he can't hit a commercial break to save his life (three times Friday the producers had to tell him to take a break) and he insists on blathering on about some irrelevant nonsense when coming back from a break when he has a guest waiting on the line. Ill- mannered at best.

Heresy here, I know, but I still think this pompous clown is worse than Noory.

Frys Girl

Quote from: valdez on November 20, 2011, 06:38:04 AM

I agree. Chalk it up to his newbie status. I think he will improve. Unlike George Noory, he has potential, and I'm saying that as someone who disagrees with some of his politics. I dig his voice and I think it suits late night really well.