A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Morgus

One of the callers in the final hour mixed up names and referred to "Mike Myers" instead of Billy Meier, and the guest replied he must have been talking about the guy who plays Dr. Evil  ;D

b_dubb

the billy meiers story is just ridiculous.  i can't imagine why anyone gives a shit about him except that his fake ufo movies look better than most

Gassy Man

Is it me or is Welles not quite sounding so ridiculously "bass-y" of late?

Scully

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 13, 2011, 09:52:28 PM

Had the same thought Sunday night.  Like maybe they changed the audio settings back to "Less-Irritatingly Basso Profondo."  Didn't rattle my eardrums as much this time. ::)

Morgus

Quote from: Gassy Man on December 13, 2011, 09:52:28 PM
must have toned down the artificial bass electronic enhancement?
Noory uses that too in his studio. Fakes out a lot of the girls...  ;D

Gassy Man

Whew, thanks -- thought my hearing was going.

KnyeGuy

John B seems okay. Hopefully he'll grow into the position over time as someone else mentioned.
I know there are alot of Ian fans on this site, but I for one have gotten tired of his incessant cheesy humor in the middle of an interview. However, I will miss his intellectual approach to the show, and I definitely hope he can get some relief from his tinnitus.

valdez

Not a bad show.  Somebody named Mark Anthony talking about the connection between Christianity and spiritualism, among other things.  During the last hour (opens lines, a few good calls) Wells said something about how the government will controll us with electromagnetic waves, and how we need to be prepared to repulse those waves.  Eh, is he talking about tin foil hats?  Are we really gonna need those?  Wouldn't it be weird if, after all the jokes, and lampooing of them, they'll actually come in handy? 

Frys Girl

We already are controlled by electromagnetism: cell phones~!

I already can't stand John Wells. The pregnant pause obsession is annoying. I also hate that he keeps letting emailers take over the show. I'm so sick of this on-demand culture. "Suzy in Northridge just tweeted......" Are execs forcing this or something?

He lost his new and shiny and I think he's boring. I love scripture, but that doesn't mean I have to love Wells' hosting.

Lovely Bones

Maybe it's just Post-Traumatic Noory Syndrome, but last night every time Wells responded to his guest by saying, "Interesting!" or "Amazing!" I cringed.  Done too often, it started to sound like, "Absolutely!" and "Well, that's true!"

Worse yet, after the guest had carefully explained that the Star of Bethlehem was a one-time occurrence in 6 B.C. based on planetary alignments that would never repeat, Wells interrupted him down the pike to ask, "Now, that Star of Bethlehem.  Where is it today?  Why don't we see it?" 

Too many shades of Noory for me.  I hope Ian gets well soon. 

11angeleyes11

I don't think the problem is the hosts and the questions.  It is that Lead Question Preparer in the Executive Offices.  Doing research into the administrative ranks, it appears that there is an insider, the questioners, that have one duty and one duty only and that is to distill the press package of the guest and prepare the nightly questions to slant the network agenda.  This is beyond government control and black ops.  It is network fight for message presentation.  There is much more here than just a stache.

I agree. The culture of the show to blame. But if there is a last hope we all must admit that  the last hope now is JB Wells. His time to shine or turn to grime. Ball is in his court

Morgus

as usual with these type of shows, too many bible thumpers calling in and wanting to read king james bible verses.
art would never allow that but the current hosts let them ramble on...  :o

fabucat

Woke up in the middle of the night & turned on our friend Wells.  Mr. Bible-beater was bitching about the fact that the politically correct left was criticizing politicians for sending their constituents Christmas cards with government money. 

At least Snoory puts me to sleep, and doesn't infuriate me like Wells does.  Wells to put it quite simply is a fucking liar.  Christopher Hitchens is dead, dammit, and before he died he was too damned sick to be doing that.  I listen to just about everything liberal (podcasts, CurrentTV and MSNBC there's not that much out there).  Not ONE person or guest on the pinko shows have brought up this subject, what with the shape our country is in.  There's plenty more to discuss than stupid effing Xmas cards.  Moreover, our household got a CHRISTMAS card from the White House, for crying out loud! 

This means that Wells is manufacturing a controversy that doesn't exist, unless he reads atheist blogs (which can either be lefty or righty - remember Ayn Rand was a diehard atheist).  In any case, no one appearing in any mass media is discussing this BS controversy, unless it's one of Fox's "War on Christmas" myths.

I certainly respect Wells for his opinions, but this is the second time in my experience that he's told a flat out BS LIE!

Quote from: Lovely Bones on December 17, 2011, 08:20:24 AM
... Worse yet, after the guest had carefully explained that the Star of Bethlehem was a one-time occurrence in 6 B.C. based on planetary alignments that would never repeat, Wells interrupted him down the pike to ask, "Now, that Star of Bethlehem.  Where is it today?  Why don't we see it?"  ...

Was that a fast blast from 'George in Sherman Oaks?

fabucat

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2011, 07:51:31 PM

No, I think that Wells' and Noory's respective stupities are sui generis.

Ain't no stupid like Wells stupid and the same with Noory's.

b_dubb

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 17, 2011, 07:51:31 PM
a fast blast from a fat ass

stevesh

Don't like to take credit I don't deserve, but I sent Wells a (polite) email after his last appearance asking him to please do a better job timing commercial breaks rather than ignoring them until the producers panic near the end of the segment, and he did a much better job Friday. Maybe the guy at least reads and pays attention to messages from listeners, unlike Noory (and Ian).

Usagi

I'm going to start listening to replays of Saturday nights.  I was excited to hear about Wells going weekly, although I'm not sure why I'm excited.  Grasping at straws, I guess. 

He makes some pretty dumb-ass and shallow remarks, but he isn't approaching Noory-esque mentally-challenged game show host levels.  The bible-thumping I've only read about, but I dread it.  I think I've heard maybe a total of 3 hours of Wells ever, but I remember thinking that it was acceptable and even somewhat pleasant.  We'll see how it goes.  Not keeping my hopes up too high...

WOTR

Quote from: valdez on December 17, 2011, 05:43:53 AM
    Eh, is he talking about tin foil hats?  Are we really gonna need those?  Wouldn't it be weird if, after all the jokes, and lampooing of them, they'll actually come in handy? 
Allow me to offer some advice.  (taken from http://zapatopi.net/afdb/ )
BEWARE OF COMMERCIAL AFDBS (Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies): Since you should trust no one, always construct your AFDB yourself to avoid the risk of subversion and mental enslavement. Sometimes, AFDBs will be sold on places like eBay. Do not purchase these pre-made AFDBs, even if the seller seems trustworthy. They may contain backdoors, pinholes, integrated psychotronic circuitry or other methods that actually promote mind control.

They even have instructions on how best to put together one of these life saving devices... ;D

b_dubb

The worst thing about Wells is his corny web site selling gas masks and god know what else

Usagi

Quote from: b_dubb on December 18, 2011, 05:31:58 PM
The worst thing about Wells is his corny web site selling gas masks and god know what else

Wow, yeah.  I just looked at that for the first time.  That's just terrible.  He should really get rid of it; it's making him look bad.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: valdez on December 17, 2011, 05:43:53 AM
     Not a bad show.  Somebody named Mark Anthony talking about the connection between Christianity and spiritualism, among other things.  During the last hour (opens lines, a few good calls) Wells said something about how the government will controll us with electromagnetic waves, and how we need to be prepared to repulse those waves.  Eh, is he talking about tin foil hats?  Are we really gonna need those?  Wouldn't it be weird if, after all the jokes, and lampooing of them, they'll actually come in handy? 

Art Bell Aluminum Foil Commercial

morphiaflow

I'm not sorry: JBW's absolute inability to cover any topic, talk to any guest, without referencing his own specific personal religious beliefs completely undercuts any credibility he may have. He is basically injecting his agenda into *everything*, something even Noory doesn't do to that degree. How could I listen to JBW interviewing a guest about alien contact or the age of the earth when I know that Wells is at best "humoring" the guest, since in his mind he "knows" the truth about these things and it all comes down to his specific version of Christianity? Even the Christmas legends guest the other night, who did have some interesting facts and insights, was constantly interrupted, sidetracked and downright manipulated by Wells in this manner. This is the worst of the worst, and recently listening to old Art-hosted episodes from the late 90s has only made the contrast that much more stark.

b_dubb

Quote from: Usagi on December 18, 2011, 06:07:23 PM
Wow, yeah.  I just looked at that for the first time.  That's just terrible.  He should really get rid of it; it's making him look bad.
yes but it's making him tens of singles of dollars

CoastCanuck

Quote from: Tara on November 26, 2011, 02:36:38 PM
Here's another one who thinks Knapp is attractive and intelligent, plus he's in my age group.  Anyone know if he's taken?  Just kidding.
George mentioned his wife on Sunday night's show.  Something to the effect that she was upset Blink 182 took an extended break and how she felt like it was the Beatles breaking up. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 21, 2011, 04:00:38 PM
George mentioned his wife on Sunday night's show.  Something to the effect that she was upset Blink 182 took an extended break and how she felt like it was the Beatles breaking up.
HA! That's hysterical.... The Blink 182-Beatles analogy is akin to equating Corey Haim's and JFK's deaths. Jeezus, is Knapp's wife younger than Airyn?

Quote from: CoastCanuck on December 21, 2011, 04:00:38 PM

I'd say with that the dumbing down is now complete, but I've learned there really is no bottom to the current version of C2C...

fabucat

Now I know where Welles got the stupid Congressmember Christmas card controversy.  Apparently, Congresscritters cannot have a religious message on their holiday cards and use their franking privilege.  The Congresscritter who is bitching about this is a deadbeat dad who won an award from the American Family Association.  When John B. Welles starts adopting the arguments of Congressman Joe Walsh, he sounds dumber than I initially thought he was.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/12/22/1047908/-Deadbeat-dad-Joe-Walsh-outraged-that-he-cant-send-Christmas-cards-on-taxpayers%20dime?via=blog_1

OK, so this is liberal propaganda, but a lot of DC insiders say that the GOP establishment finds Joe Walsh such an asshole that they tipped reporters about his skeletons.