• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Catsmile

NYE NYE NYE NYE! Whatcha want? I'm busy can'tcha see?
Because Science bitches!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 26, 2015, 10:38:02 PM

Forums about talk radio provide an endless reservoir...

Says the guy who's been dating Rosie Palmer and her five skinny sisters since '87!

😉

ks3484

Quote from: jazmunda on February 24, 2015, 07:24:07 PM
The 2GB of free storage should solve everything. ;)

I'm pretty sure that Art will use whatever is necessary memory wise. Probably would use and external memory device when his Tb hard drives fill up.  :)

WildCard

wr250

Quote from: wotr1 on February 24, 2015, 06:04:14 PM
If you are going to use my idea I would appreciate it if you would at least attribute it to me in the future.  As the originator of the idea, I am claiming it as my intellectual property.  As this is your forum, I am willing to waive the licencing fee, but still demand that you acknowledge it as belonging to me.  Thanks.

***Edit: See?  Already two people believe it to be your idea when clearly it was mine.***

sorry :
Forfeiture of Intellectual Property Rights:  All user posts and attachments immediately become the property of BellGab.com.  If a user creates a work (text, image, audio, etc.), posts it, and then later demands it be removed from the forum, the request will be denied.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,3031.0.html bellgab terms of service.

Quote from: b_dubb on February 24, 2015, 07:42:35 PM
This thread is filling up with all kinds of stupid

*sigh*

WhiteCrow

Quote from: wotr1 on February 24, 2015, 06:04:14 PM
If you are going to use my idea I would appreciate it if you would at least attribute it to me in the future.  As the originator of the idea, I am claiming it as my intellectual property.  As this is your forum, I am willing to waive the licencing fee, but still demand that you acknowledge it as belonging to me.  Thanks.

***Edit: See?  Already two people believe it to be your idea when clearly it was mine.***

Bellgab Terms of Service:
Forfeiture of Intellectual Property Rights:  All user posts and attachments immediately become the property of BellGab.com.

I Art Bell then...Art Bell now...Art Bell forever...

Art Bell

This whole music thing is a nightmare, as posted earlier Pandora bought a radio station and tried to operate under the blanket license for the station and the whole thing ended in Court and not well. We continue to explore options. I understand people who say just don't use music or use the "emerging Artists" but I will not go that way. The music that I developed over the Years was as big a part of the show as the material covered, both for me and I think those of you on the other side of the radio. We are fighting the good fight and I hope we find a way.

Art

coaster

If you are deadset on using the music, I don't really see how there is another way.

b_dubb

Quote from: Art Bell on February 24, 2015, 09:00:04 PM
This whole music thing is a nightmare, as posted earlier Pandora bought a radio station and tried to operate under the blanket license for the station and the whole thing ended in Court and not well. We continue to explore options. I understand people who say just don't use music or use the "emerging Artists" but I will not go that way. The music that I developed over the Years was as big a part of the show as the material covered, both for me and I think those of you on the other side of the radio. We are fighting the good fight and I hope we find a way.

Art
Hire "The General" to be your "house" band.  He's got a great R&B group in Seattle.  Then just get permission to use the staple songs ("Midnight in the Desert",etc).  That'd give you a fresh new "feel".  No kidding "The General" is a guitar wizard.  His band lays down a soulful sound. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Catsmile on February 24, 2015, 07:48:13 PM
NYE NYE NYE NYE! Whatcha want? I'm busy can'tcha see?
Because Science bitches!

I can't see this GIF and NOT laugh. Thank you.

pate

Art, I really hope you can work out the music issues.

Billy Currington - People Are Crazy

As much as I listened to you back in your over the AM airwaves days, I am Not Sure that you would like that song.

I really miss hearing you, and I did get to hear one XM show live on the way to visit relatives, I think it was the Hoagland one, maybe second or third show you did.  I by the time I had saved up to buy a XM radio and subscription, you were gone.  Poof. 

I really do hope it works out!

phrodo

Art

I respectfully disagree Art - I've said it before and apparently have to say it again -- Dreamland had ONE song for hello, be right back, we're back and goodnight and it was AWESOME. I listen to you for the topic and guests AND YOU! Definitely NOT the music. And I believe that an overwhelming majority of your fans and listeners feel and felt the same.

MV/Liberace!

Art... pleeeease throw BellGab a plug on your Facebook page. Pleeeease?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on February 24, 2015, 09:13:49 PM
I respectfully disagree Art - I've said it before and apparently have to say it again -- Dreamland had ONE song for hello, be right back, we're back and goodnight and it was AWESOME. I listen to you for the topic and guests AND YOU! Definitely NOT the music. And I believe that an overwhelming majority of your fans and listeners feel and felt the same.

Seconded.

Heather Wade

Art

There must be a way, even if it's getting permission from each individual artist on your bumper list.  Yes, BellGabbers have torn this idea to bits, ok, cool, but I'd do this myself if it would help bring you back on the air. 
If the artist has the rights to his/her own material, then they have the right to grant permission to use it. 

Daggit

Art

Why does this post sound like this?

http://youtu.be/gBzJGckMYO4

I take it that the Big Player has fallen through or is not financially viable?

Daggit

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 24, 2015, 09:27:04 PM
gasbag worthless polls

Preferable to your worthless (smiley face crap) posts.

Z minus.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Daggit on February 24, 2015, 09:27:59 PM
Preferable to your worthless (smiley face crap) posts.

Z minus.

gasbag troll

bateman

Art

I get the attachment to the music, but people will be far more disappointed if they never hear your voice again than if they never hear a "Dancing Queen" bumper again.

WOTR

Quote from: wr250 on February 24, 2015, 07:58:40 PM
sorry :
Forfeiture of Intellectual Property Rights:  All user posts and attachments immediately become the property of BellGab.com.  If a user creates a work (text, image, audio, etc.), posts it, and then later demands it be removed from the forum, the request will be denied.
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,3031.0.html bellgab terms of service.
Two steps ahead of you... I was waiting for MV to mention this as it leads to my next solution...

Art can put together a podcast, post it on this forum and turn it into MV's problem...

SnapT

This whole music thing is a nightmare, as posted earlier Pandora bought a radio station and tried to operate under the blanket license for the station and the whole thing ended in Court and not well.

But Art, surely there's a difference between a nightly paranormal radio show using music as bumpers between talk, and a $3.2 billion market cap public company like Pandora that is solely in the business of streaming music over the internet.

Meaning, you could probably get away with operating under a blanket radio music license.  For you that's the fair and logical thing to do, while for Pandora that's a blatant attempt to screw the music industry.

pate

Quote from: wotr1 on February 24, 2015, 09:35:26 PM
Two steps ahead of you... I was waiting for MV to mention this as it leads to my next solution...

Art can put together a podcast, post it on this forum and turn it into MV's problem...

can I say "Ding! Ding! Ding!" ?

guinness ad

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on February 24, 2015, 09:31:28 PM

I get the attachment to the music, but people will be far more disappointed if they never hear your voice again than if they never hear a "Dancing Queen" bumper again.
This.  I can always hear ABBA, The Moody Blues, whatever.  We want to hear you.  When life hands you rats, make ratade.

Eddie Coyle

With Noory having covered the emerging artists market like the genius impresario that he is, it doesn't seem fair.