• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

phrodo

Quote from: Chaim on February 21, 2015, 10:39:10 PM
just doing a quick brainstorm about what might be there to negotiate and what is there to consider.

1. Free stream wordwide obviously costs money. Only income is through ads. Makes my head spin to think about how to calculate this mess, but I don't have any experience with advertising and how much money it can bring in. Can Art make deals with advertisers himself, or only his partner.

2. calculating Art's share in the bumper music cost.

3. who owns Art's recorded radio shows, or who has what usage rights.

4. which percentage of the "pay-wall customers" revenue goes to whom. (I imagine we can download the shows in better quality than the stream, and possibly other goodies like some video).

5. all the aspects of selling the show to (terrestrial) radio-stations.

6. time-frame of the contract, and possible non-compete clauses. Everybody hates this, but I also understand a _reasonable_ safety for the partner has to be included. It's a lot of work to set this up, and the partner probably wants some security that Art isn't abusing this and switches to another partner after a few months once his show has grabbed enough attention again, or decides to quit suddenly (god forbid).

Anyway, good luck, and as everybody here - I can't wait to hear your "first" new show. Also, I'm eager to hear when the deal is set in stone and we can get the details to start help you promote the new show with youtube videos and other things.

WTF numbnuts - thought you had ALL the answers? .. and know everything? -- including who the BIG PLAYER is. Still waiting for you to reveal your scoop on that one Jimmy Olsen.  ::)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: wotr1 on February 21, 2015, 11:24:23 PM
Sorry EC- I was going to nominate this for most amusing post of the week until Art posted.  Now you have to settle for second place.

I read the part about PTSD from being shop steward, glanced over to find who posted it and laughed myself silly with the mental image of you being a shop steward.  Then I got further to find it was for USPS and wondered if the comedy would ever end.

I am imagining you dealing with every little benign bitch that a USPS employee could come up with and trying to maintain your sanity.

I will gladly defer to Art. He's kinda a big deal.

My two years as a steward were a farce. The first 6 months were being an idealistic firebrand, the next 6 was the grim realization of how many deals were cut and how powerless we were. The final 12 was basically running the football pool. I was 24-25 years old at the time. Being 25 and having to lecture guys(our "craft" was 90% male) whose seniority in some cases predated my MOTHER'S birth was surrealistic. But the old timers were often greedy backstabbers. They'd kill their grandchildren to keep their OT. That used to really infuriate me. Guys doing the same job in the same building...but one is making 90K and another 50K because of OT scams in certain areas.

We had one Falkie-ish guy file 30+ grievances in a year over everything from his "sore fingers"(Sol Rosenberg from The Jerky Boys voice required) from his gloves to his clothing allowance not being enough to his liking and his co-workers having Howard Stern on(I first saw Office Space and was dying laughing at Milton's character talking about the radio volume-I told my wife "That's what fuckin Mark does at work!!). We'd literally laugh at him knowing that these grievances wouldn't even be looked at.

I did dirt digging on some of the more combative supervisors and had a dossier on a few of them. I wasn't allowed to utilize it while a steward...but I leaked info after I got out. That's the fun part of that gig. It was astounding how many of these bosses had DUI/paternity suits/domestic disturbances and some egregious deadbeat dads were among them.

Art, you're the best. Never change and please post often!

Gemstone

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 21, 2015, 09:37:07 PM
Art loves BellGab, and I love popple's gif.  So much.
Me too!

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on February 21, 2015, 08:37:49 PM
No news yet. The deal is actively being worked on by both sides, I will let you all know the moment we have a deal because until that time THOSE PEOPLE would screw with it. For all I know they have already tried to steal Falkie away for their bumpers.

I love this board, never change.

Art

THOSE PEOPLE.....gotcha  ;) ;)

Art, I'm curious to know if your venture into podcasting doesn't pan out; would you consider putting together a group of investors that would help you raid and take over or broadcast your show on one of the smaller satellite companies; or taking a controlling interest in a number of faltering independent AM stations which would give you market penetration from coast to coast; or find out how many stations iHeart/Clear Channel would be willing to sale or even lease to you and your group?

SATELLITE COMPANIES.org  Helping you choose the right provider!

SATELLITE COMPANIES

"A satellite company would be an ideal choice for you if you live a bit far off from a urban center or would like to have a more “mobile” solution. In the US you can find satellite service providers like AirTv, DirecTv, PanAmSat, SkyTerra, WildBlue, XTAR, Orbcomm, Spacenet, Sirius Satellite Radio, EchoStar, Astrolink, TerreStar, 1worldspace, [sic] XM Satellite Radio, Teledesic and many more. You can find all these satellite companies's websites through links in our site and through the web. We will be providing as the site grows more info on each of these in order to make you able to compare cable companies. That way you can be sure you will be picking the right deal."

Source Link: Satellite Companies

CONTINUE TO CHRONICLE YOUR OBSERVATIONS, ART!!!

Chaim

Quote from: phrodo on February 22, 2015, 12:01:10 AM
WTF numbnuts - thought you had ALL the answers? .. and know everything? -- including who the BIG PLAYER is. Still waiting for you to reveal your scoop on that one Jimmy Olsen.  ::)
of course I do, but I am a creative kind of guy and not a lawyer. obviously I can't reveal anything because I too want Art back on the air. Besides, if you check my other thread, you figure it out anyway.

Chaim

Quote from: ks3484 on February 22, 2015, 01:13:13 AM
THOSE PEOPLE.....gotcha  ;) ;)

Art, I'm curious to know if your venture into podcasting doesn't pan out; would you consider putting together a group of investors ...
Can I humbly suggest - if it doesn't pan out - that Art moves to Russia and starts a pirate radio online show there, please. Or anywhere secure from the cockroaches in our western hemisphere who thrive on sucking money out of creative people.

paladin1991

Quote from: Chaim on February 22, 2015, 01:32:35 AM
of course I do, but I am a creative kind of guy and not a lawyer. obviously I can't reveal anything because I too want Art back on the air. Besides, if you check my other thread, you figure it out anyway.
You have a thread?  What's it called?  The Musings of.....?  The Protocols of Chaim? 

ks3484

Quote from: Chaim on February 22, 2015, 01:34:48 AM
Can I humbly suggest - if it doesn't pan out - that Art moves to Russia and starts a pirate radio online show there, please. Or anywhere secure from the cockroaches in our western hemisphere who thrive on sucking money out of creative people.

Sure you can suggest it. You can suggest anything you want to. Then just wait to see what Art thinks about your suggestion.

Chaim

Quote from: ks3484 on February 22, 2015, 02:23:39 AM
Sure you can suggest it. You can suggest anything you want to. Then just wait to see what Art thinks about your suggestion.
yes, that is generally the definition of a suggestion. Just saying, it's probably cheaper to pay protection money to the russian mob than to pay the music industry, and whoever else takes a cut of your work in the US, like the government slave (income) tax. Russia also has very low tax rates.

Quote from: Chaim on February 22, 2015, 02:42:48 AM
yes, that is generally the definition of a suggestion. Just saying, it's probably cheaper to pay protection money to the russian mob than to pay the music industry, and whoever else takes a cut of your work in the US, like the government slave (income) tax. Russia also has very low tax rates.

He could crash on Major Ed Dames' couch.

ks3484

Quote from: Chaim on February 22, 2015, 02:42:48 AM

I get the sense that you are trying to cast aspersions on my suggestions to Art. You are saying that you would suggest something that is arguable by default since Art is paying money now, and has been paying his hard earned money to the American moffia - known as the I.R.S.- for quite some time. Nonetheless, Art has already stated in one of his previous posts that this endeavor is not about the money as far as he's concerned. It's about some other stuff and the music. But, sometimes you never know, so go ahead, feel free, and make your suggestion to Art and see what he says.

Chaim

Quote from: ks3484 on February 22, 2015, 05:20:07 AM
I get the sense that you are trying to cast aspersions on my suggestions to Art.
no. my apologies. I just thought Art wants to make a (paranormal) talk radio show, not become an investor or buy a company, but maybe I'm just too shortsighted.

Ms. C

Thank you so much Art, for keeping us up with what you can, for finding us Bellgabbers vaguely lovable, entertaining and not wanting us to change!

Sincerely, a fan forever,  Ms. C

EDIT:  This forum at times can be like an acid flashback from the 60s with time dimensional changes to alternative universes and right back to the here and now ...  Wanna Take A Ride?  (Absolutely!!!!)

b_dubb

Art's plan to turn the broadcasting world inside out will be a huge success. Everyone meditate on this. We'll do a thought experiment. Meditate. Meditate. Meditate.

There. Now everyone back to playing Scrabble or Words With Friends or Yahtzee.

Quote from: b_dubb on February 22, 2015, 09:29:24 AM
Art's plan to turn the broadcasting world inside out will be a huge success. Everyone meditate on this. We'll do a thought experiment. Meditate. Meditate. Meditate.

And Two Cushion Bumper Shot. My God, don't forget Two Cushion Bumper Shot.

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Delphi

I have been absent for awhile,  IA there any new developments with Artimus and the music dealing?

sydtron

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 22, 2015, 10:06:38 AM

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

SWEET GENTILE JESUS!!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Good God man!!

I personally imagine Art's situations in his life are narrated by his bumper music. A living streaming soundtrack. That would be awesome. Also I would love to hear -" The name's Art Bell, late night.....is MY bitch." *Mic. drop* < play soundtrack>

McZippie

Quote from: Ms. C on February 22, 2015, 09:13:28 AM
Thank you so much

Sincerely, a fan forever,  Ms. C

EDIT:  This forum at times can be like an acid flashback from the 60s with time dimensional changes to alternative universes and right back to the here and now ...  Wanna Take A Ride?  (Absolutely!!!!)

One or two blotters, Ms. C?
Mrs McZip

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 22, 2015, 10:06:38 AM

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

We had the exact same board in the same colour with the same markings and pieces, but it was called simply Rebound.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on February 22, 2015, 09:29:24 AM

Stratego...in the nude.

ItsOver

Imagine the fun Art could have with Hoagie discussing this "comet."

http://www.sott.net/article/292895-Unusual-comet-dive-bombs-the-sun

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 22, 2015, 02:55:29 PM
    Stratego...in the nude.

Strategy the movie?...While nude.

Redwolf

Quote from: Art Bell on February 21, 2015, 08:37:49 PM
No news yet. The deal is actively being worked on by both sides, I will let you all know the moment we have a deal because until that time THOSE PEOPLE would screw with it. For all I know they have already tried to steal Falkie away for their bumpers.

I love this board, never change.

Art

[attachimg=1]

Daggit

Did anyone catch this weeks SIT? I only caught bits here and there but I believe that this show was not in the MEGA TORRENT. It was a Vampire Open Lines. I love special open lines shows. I hope Art revives this every now and again in the reboot.

Anyone know where on can find SIT shows not behind the Coast pay wall? I would happily put money in Art's pockets but I refuse to give George a dime.

Art I wish you still owned all of your old shows. You could create an 24/7 Art Bell channel. I'd give up a few beers and smokes a month for that.

jazmunda

Quote from: Daggit on February 22, 2015, 05:36:08 PM
Did anyone catch this weeks SIT? I only caught bits here and there but I believe that this show was not in the MEGA TORRENT. It was a Vampire Open Lines. I love special open lines shows. I hope Art revives this every now and again in the reboot.

Anyone know where on can find SIT shows not behind the Coast pay wall? I would happily put money in Art's pockets but I refuse to give George a dime.

Art I wish you still owned all of your old shows. You could create an 24/7 Art Bell channel. I'd give up a few beers and smokes a month for that.

Yep. This was a "new" classic that is not in the MEGA torrent. A large % of the SIT are new ones. They got lazy for a while and started to repeat SIT shows that they had already aired but the past few months have mostly been "new" classics.

I respect that Art doesn't want them playing SIT anymore as he doesn't want them to associate him with the other crap that they produce BUT as a collector of fine Art this is our only source of this material and the day that they stop playing SIT is the day that our link to "new" material from the 90s from Art will be lost to us forever.

Art, do you know how far back Coast's archives of your shows would go back? I'll take my answer off the air.

albrecht

Quote from: jazmunda on February 22, 2015, 06:13:41 PM
Yep. This was a "new" classic that is not in the MEGA torrent. A large % of the SIT are new ones. They got lazy for a while and started to repeat SIT shows that they had already aired but the past few months have mostly been "new" classics.

I respect that Art doesn't want them playing SIT anymore as he doesn't want them to associate him with the other crap that they produce BUT as a collector of fine Art this is our only source of this material and the day that they stop playing SIT is the day that our link to "new" material from the 90s from Art will be lost to us forever.

Art, do you know how far back Coast's archives of your shows would go back? I'll take my answer off the air.
Despite hating iHeartMedia, Inc I still love that they play SIT shows. I listened to this one last night but not able to record or hear the whole show. It has some good open-line callers on the Vampire line. Definitely needs to be archived. Idk how torrents work (that is can new shows be added to the awesome archive?) Or maybe some is going to post a new one? In any event I hope someone recorded this show.

Heather Wade

I'd shave my cat to hear that show.

jazmunda

Quote from: albrecht on February 22, 2015, 06:24:32 PM
Despite hating iHeartMedia, Inc I still love that they play SIT shows. I listened to this one last night but not able to record or hear the whole show. It has some good open-line callers on the Vampire line. Definitely needs to be archived. Idk how torrents work (that is can new shows be added to the awesome archive?) Or maybe some is going to post a new one? In any event I hope someone recorded this show.

I don't know how they work either. I'm proficient in downloading but not so much the uploading. It would be great if there was an update at some point in the future because I know for a fact that there have been many more SIT shows aired that are "new" since the torrent was released last year.

iHeartDaveNorrie Inc sucks but they are feeding the collectors their weekly dose of Art Bell branded opium so .... who am I kidding. They're only doing it to piss off Art so now I'm torn. Bastards.