• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

WOTR

Quote from: ziznak on July 21, 2012, 02:38:13 AM
I heard that too and was like ok George... we all know you been down the rough side of life... that George Noory!!! Ahhh life has never met such a weathered man as George Noory... what a scrapper that fellow!!!
Indeed, such an inspiration!  When life gave George nectarines, pomegranates and guavas he made lemonade. Here is a fine example of a man who pulled himself up by the bootstraps of others to rise above it all.  I am surprised nobody has made his life story into an inspirational movie yet documenting his ability to rise above it all.

WOTR

Quote from: ZombiePoppa on July 21, 2012, 03:22:28 AM
I really tried to listen to the show tonight while working but the armchair commandos calling in, telling us how they would have single-handedly saved the day, pissed me off to no end.
This was a part of the reason that I did not bother to tune in at all tonight.  I got sick enough of hearing actual journalists report on the story that I really did not want to hear what George or his audience thought.

I had commented to my mother how extremely thrilled the news seems to be to have their tragic story of the girl who was almost gunned down last month in the Toronto shooting at a mall and died in that theater.  It is like they cannot get enough between her blog, the fact they have television footage of her, her family who commented on facebook right after it happened and the easy to tell story of a rising star whose life was cut short.  I swear a few reporters are aiming for a golden globe award for acting as they almost cry over her while broadcasting.  I just could not bear to hear Geroge or his worshipers comment.

***Edit: the statement that you find directly below is precisely why I did not tune in to be subjected to this idiots ramblings.

KnyeGuy

"Maybe, just maybe, if someone had been nice to this guy at some point in his life, this wouldn't have happened."
- George Noory July 21/2012, regarding the shooter in Colorado.

Alright, I usually never tune in to Friday night calls for the obvious reasons, but tonight I needed some background noise as I was getting ready for bed. Prior to his statement, some caller mentioned to George that people react to nice gestures with equally nice gestures in return, and vice versa for mean/negative interactions.
So Noory actually thinks that the shooter in Colorado NEVER EVER encountered ANYONE who was ever nice to him in his entire life?
This is why I am a weekend coast to coast listener and wish that Noory would not do the last Sunday show of every month.

Oh, and about the other posts mentioning how Noory is saying that 'people are acting strange lately'; this is a recurring 'observation' of his that he's been spouting almost since the time he took over the show.
People are ALWAYS acting strange to him, and he will continue to mention this until he leaves the show, no matter what events happen to be going on in the world.
He's a blathering fool with no actual sincerity towards, or genuine interest in the show or its topics (not that I have to spell that out for anyone here).

Juan

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on July 21, 2012, 02:32:18 AM
Not sure, but it seems quite possible.  I thought she said she previously promoted a "paleolithic diet" but no longer thinks that is good enough and now promotes a "neo-paleolithic diet."  But she did seem to be quite into ice.  She recommended people putting an ice pack between their shoulder blades as a weight loss aid.
I've got her book and think it's pretty good.  Basically, the "neo-paleolithic" part is that she says you don't need as much protein and fat as the paleo folks seem to eat.  She cites a good bit of research showing, I believe, 3-ounces per meal is enough.  She also recommends lower cooking temperatures for everything - steam or boil, don't fry.

b_dubb

fruits and vegetables have enzymes that are good for you. I had a stomach problem years ago and none of the conventional over the counter medicines helped. As a last ditch effort before involving my doctor I ate some raw pineapple. Pineapple contains an enzyme that is good for digestion. The next day I was right as rain. Canning destroys the enzymes as the process involves heat

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on July 21, 2012, 02:32:18 AM
Not sure, but it seems quite possible.  I thought she said she previously promoted a "paleolithic diet" but no longer thinks that is good enough and now promotes a "neo-paleolithic diet."  But she did seem to be quite into ice.  She recommended people putting an ice pack between their shoulder blades as a weight loss aid.

Yeah, it sounds like it could be her. I certainly remember something about an "ice-age diet", with reference that "we're all creatures of the ice age" over and over.

Quote from: UFO Fill on July 21, 2012, 04:01:03 AM
I've got her book and think it's pretty good.  Basically, the "neo-paleolithic" part is that she says you don't need as much protein and fat as the paleo folks seem to eat.  She cites a good bit of research showing, I believe, 3-ounces per meal is enough.  She also recommends lower cooking temperatures for everything - steam or boil, don't fry.

If it's definitely the same one that I remember being on, the last time she was on, she was saying that fat/cholesterol was getting a raw deal by mainstream dietitians, and was being lied about in terms of how harmful it is, that they've skewed the data. She seemed quite convincing with that part, but then she started going on about how sugar was pure evil and all things with sugar in it (including fruit) were to be avoided. If sugar was so utterly destructive to the human body, why does glucose enter the small intestine for absorption, when all the waste goes to the large intestine? Why would the human body keep something as evil as sugar to absorb into the blood stream? Don't get me wrong, I'm no dietitian, and I'm probably one of the last people to be consulted on health matters, but with a fair amount of guests on CTC, it seems that rudimentary science is enough to debunk their claims.

ItsOver

Quote from: MDL5676 on July 21, 2012, 12:54:03 AM
.....George just said that he believes that people "are acting weird" lately ........

This is coming from someone who loves torturing people with UFO Phil and horrendous Elvis renditions???

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 21, 2012, 06:17:50 AM
fruits and vegetables have enzymes that are good for you. I had a stomach problem years ago and none of the conventional over the counter medicines helped. As a last ditch effort before involving my doctor I ate some raw pineapple. Pineapple contains an enzyme that is good for digestion. The next day I was right as rain. Canning destroys the enzymes as the process involves heat

canning also involves a preservative that protects the interior lining of the can.  i forget the name of the chemical, but it's suspected to cause a number of diseases including diabetes.  nice.

Sleepwalker

Quote from: MDL5676 on July 21, 2012, 12:54:03 AM

George just said that he beleives that people "are acting weird" lately because....

That statement from the King of Auditory Flatulence.  Amazing. 

Wait.  I take that back.  Alex Jones is the King of Auditory Flatulence.  John B. Wells is number two.  George is number three.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sleepwalker on July 21, 2012, 04:03:32 PM
That statement from the King of Auditory Flatulence.  Amazing. 

Wait.  I take that back.  Alex Jones is the King of Auditory Flatulence.  John B. Wells is number two.  George is number three.

In the Snooron Bizarro World, they're the normal base.  Hoagland sees alien structures in photos of all three.  For once, he may be right.

MDL5676

John B. Wells' obvious lack of intelligence and ever failing attempts to try and come across as some sort of intellectual, deep thinking, hipster, cool guy are really starting to give the human turd (aka The Snooron) a run for his money as far as which of these 2 imbeciles is the worst host... Don't get me wrong, George still has a firm grip on the "top turd" spot, but in my opinion John B. Wells is just absolutely horrendous as well... His frequent inability to string together cohesive thoughts and put them into complete sentences is annoying at best. Not to mention the frequent pockets of "dead air" time that occur when his slow witted self is unable to come up with anything, I mean anything at all. to say and so he sits there in awkward silence hoping the guest will say something and bail him out... That and his numerous attempts to try and come up with something "deep" or "profound" or "cool" to say seems to ineveitably fail and just come across as someoone that is trying too hard to be something that he's obviously NOT... He obviously has no intellect or talent and has only made it this far because of his voice...               

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on July 21, 2012, 03:55:49 PM

canning also involves a preservative that protects the interior lining of the can.  i forget the name of the chemical, but it's suspected to cause a number of diseases including diabetes.  nice.

apparently it's ok to kill people as long as you do it slowly

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 22, 2012, 07:51:26 AM
apparently it's ok to kill people as long as you do it slowly

and for a profit.

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on July 22, 2012, 06:08:50 PM

and for a profit.

I hate doctors and the medicine industry. watch the "Burzynski" (sp?) documentary for more info

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on July 22, 2012, 07:36:48 PM
I hate doctors and the medicine industry. watch the "Burzynski" (sp?) documentary for more info

there's another on netflix about a cancer treatment called, uh, i think gerson therapy.  check that out, too.

someguy

Quote from: Morgus on July 19, 2012, 12:35:45 AM
At the website of tonight's main c2c guest Katherine Albrecht she has a photos section where she has photos taken of her with Noory and producer Tommy.
The one with her and Noory looks funny, Noory looks like a cardboard cutout of him next to her - was he actually there? :D

http://www.katherinealbrecht.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=54&Itemid=78

bwahahaha tommy looks like he's wearing a bathrobe

coaster

that photo of noory has been airbrushed like crazy. Someone even smudged out his gut. Pretty obvious photoshop job, you can really see the smudging on the bottom of his shirt. And poor tommy.. you know what they say, the camera adds ten pounds. I wonder how many cameras he ate.

Grimace

No amount of photoshop magic could save Noory from looking like a tasteless dumbass. The past week has driven the circus of idiocy known as "Cwouwsst ta Cwouwsst" back to mind-numbing extremes. His "open lines" chats are amusingly pathetic, its like hearing a grown man who forgot he's no longer wearing the Barney the dinosaur suit and speaking to six year olds. Hmm, I bet even children could easily find humor in what a goofy moron he is.

Its time to stop dunking your head in ink, Georgey.

analog kid

Quote from: coaster on July 22, 2012, 11:15:28 PM
that photo of noory has been airbrushed like crazy. Someone even smudged out his gut. Pretty obvious photoshop job, you can really see the smudging on the bottom of his shirt. And poor tommy.. you know what they say, the camera adds ten pounds. I wonder how many cameras he ate.

His skin tone has been adjusted as well, maybe darkened with a burn tool to make his complexion and hair darker, and his eyes were probably made more white and sparkly.

Sardondi

The tension mounts, as 500 creeeeeeps closer.....

Juan

Oh, boy - tonight sNoory clashes wits with a "former electrical engineer" who is trying to measure and quantify the supernatural.  I'm dozing now.

Oh, Christ, turmeric again.  I hope Georgie turns yellow from all the turmeric he ingests.

Quote from: coaster on July 22, 2012, 11:15:28 PM

That is the most obvious and crappiest piece of photoshopping I've ever seen. Really, what happened to the vanishing gut? If that isn't photoshopping, then Georgie is wearing Man Spanx under his shirt, at least three or four pairs by the looks of it.

michio

George said it's going to be another "classic" Coast.  If you say so, George.

Please keep your collective mind power energy beams focused on creating a "deluge" of moisture and "torrential" rains for the dry Midwest, as George requested. I'll be using using my mind power to persuade George to read a dictionary. Wish me luck.

rangers1919

Quote from: MDL5676 on July 22, 2012, 07:05:27 AM
John B. Wells' obvious lack of intelligence and ever failing attempts to try and come across as some sort of intellectual, deep thinking, hipster, cool guy are really starting to give the human turd (aka The Snooron) a run for his money as far as which of these 2 imbeciles is the worst host... Don't get me wrong, George still has a firm grip on the "top turd" spot, but in my opinion John B. Wells is just absolutely horrendous as well... His frequent inability to string together cohesive thoughts and put them into complete sentences is annoying at best. Not to mention the frequent pockets of "dead air" time that occur when his slow witted self is unable to come up with anything, I mean anything at all. to say and so he sits there in awkward silence hoping the guest will say something and bail him out... That and his numerous attempts to try and come up with something "deep" or "profound" or "cool" to say seems to ineveitably fail and just come across as someoone that is trying too hard to be something that he's obviously NOT... He obviously has no intellect or talent and has only made it this far because of his voice...             

I agree, he just blames everything on the government which makes his somewhat valid points lack any integrity.

Has anybody found out how Noory is profiting from his new weigh loss programs? I assume they are just an infomercial for some bull-shit, fringe, pseudoscience group, but there are just some things I can't do, and listening to one of these programs falls into that category.

Juan

Quote from: rangers1919 on July 24, 2012, 03:29:22 AM

Has anybody found out how Noory is profiting from his new weigh loss programs?
I seriously doubt that sNoory is profiting at all.  My impression of the show is that he functions only as host - managers and producers come up with the topics.  As I've said in the past, the weight loss business sounds like a consultant inspired topic. 

b_dubb

Coast is tabloid radio. Noory is a hack journalist.

HorrorRetro

I'm happy to say I've been Noory free for about 2 weeks now.  Until then, I'd listen to 5 minutes here and there, just to marvel at his ability to slaughter the English language.  No more.  I'm done.  Even 5 minutes a day is mental torture.  I've always been into Knapp, but his show on Sunday was not up to par.  His first guest just made me cringe, and I turned it off.  I've never shut off one of Knapp's shows, so the quality of his shows is decreasing, which is a shame.

I am back into listening to Phil Hendrie instead.  I have to say, his show is getting better.  It's not where it was years ago, but it's getting better. 

Gina

ItsOver

I'd still love to hear Phil do a take on the current C2C.  If he thought he was funny with Art, with the cast of Snoory and Wells, and such prime guests as Hoagland, it should be just way toooooo easy pickings.   

Sad thing is there are probably not enough folks familiar with the current C2C trainwreck to make it worth Phil's time.

BobGrau

Quote from: ItsOver on July 24, 2012, 11:35:47 AM
I'd still love to hear Phil do a take on the current C2C.  If he thought he was funny with Art, with the cast of Snoory and Wells, and such prime guests as Hoagland, it should be just way toooooo easy pickings.   

Sad thing is there are probably not enough folks familiar with the current C2C trainwreck to make it worth Phil's time.

Noory would probably threaten legal action, citing (insert latin for 'asshole has no sense of humour').

HorrorRetro

Quote from: ItsOver on July 24, 2012, 11:35:47 AM

Phil doing Noory, Wells, and the C2C regulars -- Hoaxland, the numbers broad, etc. would be great.  The material is definitely there.  I'd love to hear more Pingman Enterprise commercials as well.  Remember the "Earth Handle?"  ;D

Gina