• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

ShayP

Is it wrong to still play 2006 World Cup Soccer on a PS2?   ;D  It's still my favorite sports game ever, for some reason.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2016, 07:27:28 AM
Is it wrong to still play 2006 World Cup Soccer on a PS2?   ;D  It's still my favorite sports game ever, for some reason.

So very, very wrong! There. Don't you feel better about playing it now?  :P

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 13, 2016, 10:10:00 AM
So very, very wrong! There. Don't you feel better about playing it now?  :P

LOL!  Yes. Yes I do.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2016, 10:17:36 AM
LOL!  Yes. Yes I do.

Honestly, soccer is my most loathed sport and unequivocally the world's most boring sport but for some reason a lot of soccer video games look intriguing to me. I still can't bring myself to play them though.  :P :D

comaphobe

Quote from: ShayP on October 13, 2016, 07:27:28 AM

I don't think so. I have a stack of PS2 games that I haven't touched. and a handful that I am not finished with... but I haven't actually had a working PS2 in quite a while. I will get one someday and it will be new again. I had a multi season career going in MVP 2004 (MLB) as well as a couple things still to unlock in Hot Shots Golf Fore!. If my memory card has held up over time and data hasn't become erased or corrupted, I plan to continue with those game saves at some point in life. It is very complicated and impractical to copy/move PS2 game save data to USB/computer, it's the only thing I don't like about PS2, but overall it is probably my favorite console of all time in terms of accumulative hours of play time. There are a handful of PS2 games I would like to thoroughly play again.

norland2424

Quote from: comaphobe on October 14, 2016, 12:46:33 AM
I don't think so. I have a stack of PS2 games that I haven't touched. and a handful that I am not finished with... but I haven't actually had a working PS2 in quite a while. I will get one someday and it will be new again. I had a multi season career going in MVP 2004 (MLB) as well as a couple things still to unlock in Hot Shots Golf Fore!. If my memory card has held up over time and data hasn't become erased or corrupted, I plan to continue with those game saves at some point in life. It is very complicated and impractical to copy/move PS2 game save data to USB/computer, it's the only thing I don't like about PS2, but overall it is probably my favorite console of all time in terms of accumulative hours of play time. There are a handful of PS2 games I would like to thoroughly play again.

https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-2-Console-Slim-PS2/dp/B00004TN9O/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1476427631&sr=1-8

comaphobe

Quote from: norland2424 on October 14, 2016, 12:47:54 AM
https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-2-Console-Slim-PS2/dp/B00004TN9O/ref=sr_1_8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1476427631&sr=1-8

Finding a unit is not an issue, I just really have no time to get into console stuff this decade. Plus I don't even own a tv to hook it up to.

I am playing RCT2 a couple times a week, it's been great fun. Outside of portables, playing this on PC is the only thing I am into playing right now.

PSP is more practical and is what I am heavily invested into. It's the only console where I actually broke the 100 units mark. I have a shitload of games for PS2, but nowhere near 100 games. My next goal is to surpass 200 store bought UMDs in collectable condition while complete with cases and manuals. I'm at about 150 right now. The only rule is no shooters, no RPGs, and no sports shit except in a rare case, so this career-mode of PSP culture has a moderately high difficulty rating. I have a huge checklist of stuff I am still trying to hunt down, It's exhausting. Plus I dislike Greatest Hits labels so there is another stipulation. I also collect the console itself, trying to get one in as many colors as possible. I think I am up to 8 working PSP units now, with another 2 dead PSPs to be parted out. I just missed out on a pink one recently I am not happy with myself. I like PSPs in the weirdest available colors but no hotrod shell modding allowed.

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 14, 2016, 12:21:04 AM
Honestly, soccer is my most loathed sport and unequivocally the world's most boring sport but for some reason a lot of soccer video games look intriguing to me. I still can't bring myself to play them though.  :P :D

I know a lot of people with your view; and I do understand.  I actually am a fan of soccer and played quite a bit in my youth.  The 2006 World Cup game is just really good overall.  The FIFA game for the most part are really involved in the details.  i played the World Cup game recently after having it collect dust and it was great fun after all this time.  The newer World Cup games kinda sucked IMO.

ShayP

Quote from: comaphobe on October 14, 2016, 12:46:33 AM

I used to love MVP baseball then it went extinct.  When I pulled my system out of storage I was sure it wouldn't work.  But it does.  I'm with you...the PS2 was my favorite too.

norland2424

Quote from: ShayP on October 14, 2016, 03:16:56 AM
I know a lot of people with your view; and I do understand.  I actually am a fan of soccer and played quite a bit in my youth.  The 2006 World Cup game is just really good overall.  The FIFA game for the most part are really involved in the details.  i played the World Cup game recently after having it collect dust and it was great fun after all this time.  The newer World Cup games kinda sucked IMO.

fifa manager 2012 is pretty good

zeebo

I have like 20 pc games from gog & steam .. and half the time I just end up playing this one lol.  Always want to play just one more hand ...

akwilly

Quote from: zeebo on October 15, 2016, 01:25:36 AM
I have like 20 pc games from gog & steam .. and half the time I just end up playing this one lol.  Always want to play just one more hand ...

I have gov of poker pt 1. I cant seem to figure out how to leave the first town i'm in though.

zeebo

Quote from: akwilly on October 15, 2016, 01:32:16 AM
I have gov of poker pt 1. I cant seem to figure out how to leave the first town i'm in though.

In v2 if you win enough to buy all the houses in the first town, you can ride the train elsewhere, partner.

trostol

i really do not know what to think about this..i think its a fail on Nintendo's part and they need to get out of the hardware part of gaming and just make games for the 2 big guns

https://youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 06:58:07 PM
i really do not know what to think about this..i think its a fail on Nintendo's part and they need to get out of the hardware part of gaming and just make games for the 2 big guns

is that their new console?

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on October 20, 2016, 07:46:14 PM
is that their new console?

yup..seems like a huge ..gimmick really..people ..mostly nintendo fanboys are calling it innovative but i am not seeing it...i mean it has carts again which doesnt bother me ..but how is something you can take on the go gonna have the battery life or power to play anything..really good

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 06:58:07 PM

Dunno about that. I'm intrigued, anyway. It has a sleek form factor. It's very versatile. It's probably HD. This is what the Wii U should've been. Of course, it will all depend on the library of games offered. They better have a dozen kick ass titles to launch or it could be bad news. They should also seek to more stringently control the quality from third party developers to avoid too much shovelware. I might get this if the games are worthy.

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2016, 08:06:46 PM
Dunno about that. I'm intrigued, anyway. It has a sleek form factor. It's very versatile. It's probably HD. This is what the Wii U should've been. Of course, it will all depend on the library of games offered. They better have a dozen kick ass titles to launch or it could be bad news. They should also seek to more stringently control the quality from third party developers to avoid too much shovelware. I might get this if the games are worthy.

problem was..they couldn't get much in terms of third party with the Wii and while they might have better support this go round..you are still stuck in an in between mode with this

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 08:11:12 PM
problem was..they couldn't get much in terms of third party with the Wii and while they might have better support this go round..you are still stuck in an in between mode with this

It would be helpful to be able to get the same third party games available for PS and Xbox but even if not, Nintendo has proven that as long as they offer enough good self-published titles their console will succeed. Any word on games yet? Aside from the Zelda (which looks cool) they show, I mean.

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2016, 08:21:54 PM
It would be helpful to be able to get the same third party games available for PS and Xbox but even if not, Nintendo has proven that as long as they offer enough good self-published titles their console will succeed. Any word on games yet? Aside from the Zelda (which looks cool) they show, I mean.

you can expect some sort of mario games

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: norland2424 on October 20, 2016, 08:23:26 PM
you can expect some sort of mario games

ummm...duh! Yeah! They're usually always great though.  ;)

norland2424

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2016, 08:24:26 PM
ummm...duh! Yeah! They're usually always great though.  ;)

the racing ones are at least lol

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2016, 08:21:54 PM

they have some good..partners..but nothing much said game wise..i mean Skyrim is shown being played but is not confirmed

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 08:51:20 PM
they have some good..partners..but nothing much said game wise..i mean Skyrim is shown being played but is not confirmed

Unfortunately, a lot of those companies are mere shells of what they used to be but still better more than less. I'm routing for at least Sega to get their act back together.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2016, 08:06:46 PM

I'm waiting to hear more about how this will impact Wii U games as I've been interested in possibly picking one of those up if there's a price drop.  If they make the Wii U library available as digital downloads, they'd have a great Switch launch library right out of the gate.  If Wii U games are not available in any form (download, reissued version, etc.), I may buy a Wii U if the price is ever low enough.  There are about 12 games I'd be interested in.

I could see this being positioned as a great "second" console for current PS4 / XBox One users as it will undoubtedly get a bunch of awesome first party titles during its lifetime.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on October 20, 2016, 08:11:12 PM

In between...how so?

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 24, 2016, 08:57:43 PM
In between...how so?

i do not feel it is powerful enough to be both a at home machine to play a lot of the big games well..and i believe it will be a battery killer on the go to do the same..not run what is needed well

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Open Lines Gerry on October 24, 2016, 02:06:07 PM
I'm waiting to hear more about how this will impact Wii U games as I've been interested in possibly picking one of those up if there's a price drop.  If they make the Wii U library available as digital downloads, they'd have a great Switch launch library right out of the gate.  If Wii U games are not available in any form (download, reissued version, etc.), I may buy a Wii U if the price is ever low enough.  There are about 12 games I'd be interested in.

I could see this being positioned as a great "second" console for current PS4 / XBox One users as it will undoubtedly get a bunch of awesome first party titles during its lifetime.

Nintendo has pretty consistently included backwards compatibility in their systems, at least for the system immediately preceding. So, I'd say the odds you'll be able to play Wii U games on it are high. I wasn't inspired to buy either the new xbox or ps systems and I've heard that many have been generally underwhelmed with them. I'm hoping Nintendo brings the fun back.  ;)

I also wouldn't mind them continuing to develop motion control games for this system. I feel this was unfairly and too quickly dismissed. There were some really crappy shovelware but there were also some really fun games too. Nintendo needs to invest more time into quality control this time.