• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on August 10, 2016, 06:05:17 PM
Yes apparently it's more about exploration along w/ resource mgmt.  Keep us posted please.  This may be the 'check out till after the election' game I've been looking for.

well..like i said i got it just yesterday and didnt put a ton of time in..but i am still on the first planet..its frickin huge lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on August 10, 2016, 05:41:33 PM
hard to say..I have pretty much stopped following anything i might be interested in playing for that very reason...it seriously though is not a game everyone will like...while there are creatures and things that will attack you...it is not at all..an action game...if anything its like minecraft meets...some sort of space sim

See that sounds better than it being a call of duty in space lol

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on August 10, 2016, 06:10:31 PM
See that sounds better than it being a call of duty in space lol

ha ha ha ha

trostol

here's a screen shot of the moon i am on

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on August 10, 2016, 06:19:57 PM
ha ha ha ha

I do hope that someone makes a current gen version of freelancer

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on August 10, 2016, 06:31:32 PM
I do hope that someone makes a current gen version of freelancer

have you tried elite dangerous? or put any money to star lord or what ever its called?

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on August 10, 2016, 06:34:28 PM
have you tried elite dangerous? or put any money to star lord or what ever its called?

Elite dangerous is hard to control with just a controller, do you mean that mmo star citzen?

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on August 10, 2016, 06:35:59 PM
Elite dangerous is hard to control with just a controller, do you mean that mmo star citzen?

yeah..the game that will literally..never come out lol

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on August 10, 2016, 06:25:01 PM
here's a screen shot of the moon i am on

pretty cool lookin

Why is NMS getting a lot of hate? Too much grinding? When I first heard about the game, I knew most of the game would be grinding.

The only legit gripe I've heard is crashing. Shaun Murray obviousl needs to get that fixed ASAP.

trostol, can you add any credence to the wave of criticism?

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on August 16, 2016, 09:42:44 PM
Why is NMS getting a lot of hate? Too much grinding? When I first heard about the game, I knew most of the game would be grinding.

The only legit gripe I've heard is crashing. Shaun Murray obviousl needs to get that fixed ASAP.

trostol, can you add any credence to the wave of criticism?

from what i understand about the crashing..least on the PC side had something to do with a day one patch or something..sounds also like the game hasn't been properly optimized for PC's

there is a lot of grinding..mostly the game is material collection and some interaction with aliens..very little else

people are bitch cause they equated online play to being the same as multiplayer...most are idiots...

i ended up selling the game to a friend..not due to it being bad..to be fair when i did play i would play for hours...but in the end it wasnt a game for me..i have never gotten into Minecraft..starbound..Terraria..etc...and probably the onther big issue is..it probably shouldn't have been a 60 dollar game..i intend to check out again in a couple months

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on August 16, 2016, 09:48:12 PM
...there is a lot of grinding..mostly the game is material collection and some interaction with aliens..very little else

Sounds like kind of tedious gameplay.  What I really like about it is the idea of exploring all over.  Maybe they just should have left the mechanics out and let one roam through the vast regions of space.  I still might check it out down the road, after the bugs are worked out and probably on Steam sale, as per usual.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on August 18, 2016, 02:41:43 PM
Sounds like kind of tedious gameplay.  What I really like about it is the idea of exploring all over.  Maybe they just should have left the mechanics out and let one roam through the vast regions of space.  I still might check it out down the road, after the bugs are worked out and probably on Steam sale, as per usual.

thats what i am gonna do...pick it up again about christmas i think

;D
QuoteThe true knight would save the virgin from being sacrificed. The true adventurer would ensure that she could never be a virgin sacrifice again.

Roswells, Art

This game looks pretty good:

https://youtu.be/yxspyVX_FqA

Especially if you liked Myst. I love the last line in the trailer: Think, again. I think I will buy it when it goes on sale.

You can find it here:

https://www.gog.com/game/obduction

zeebo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on August 26, 2016, 10:49:34 AM
This game looks pretty good ... Especially if you liked Myst. ...

Loved Myst and Riven.  Sometimes I would just stare at a scene and listen to the background sounds while working out the puzzles.  Those games had an ethereal, meditative quality that I liked.  Thanks for the tip, that game looks cool.

Jackstar

I never asked for this.

trostol

so just did a month of WoW again..still sucks lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on September 16, 2016, 05:49:08 PM
so just did a month of WoW again..still sucks lol

With wolfman? Lol

trostol

anyone play FO4 and go through nuka world?

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on September 27, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

Nope but I drank alot of Nuka Cola in FO:NV.  Especially the Quartz one, can't resist those glowing bottles.  Watch out for the rads though, gives it a kick.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on September 27, 2016, 11:49:24 PM
Nope but I drank alot of Nuka Cola in FO:NV.  Especially the Quartz one, can't resist those glowing bottles.  Watch out for the rads though, gives it a kick.

lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on September 27, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

i have, its pretty good.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on September 28, 2016, 01:44:45 AM
i have, its pretty good.

can you kill all those rat bastard raider leaders after doing all the other stuff

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on September 28, 2016, 11:42:57 AM
can you kill all those rat bastard raider leaders after doing all the other stuff

Well if you do you end up losing gauge as follower, i think if you talk to the trader medic in the market she starts the quest to take the raiders out.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on September 28, 2016, 11:46:23 AM
Well if you do you end up losing gauge as follower, i think if you talk to the trader medic in the market she starts the quest to take the raiders out.

yeah already have the quest..read if you kill the raider leaders early you lose out on a lot of stuff to do

Rix Gins

I wouldn't mind having the WWI trench game.

https://youtu.be/Gg73PeXFWfA

trostol

Quote from: Rix Gins on October 10, 2016, 02:37:41 PM
I wouldn't mind having the WWI trench game.

https://youtu.be/Gg73PeXFWfA

dunno how much trench there is in it..but Battlefield 1 looks great