• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

trostol

Quote from: Al Capones Vault on November 12, 2016, 05:42:02 PM
The GOG Fall sale is almost over. Some excellent games, DRM free, super cheap.

https://www.gog.com/games?price=discounted&sort=bestselling&page=1

i might have bought things if i was working and had a working vid card lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on November 12, 2016, 07:00:51 PM
i might have bought things if i was working and had a working vid card lol

just torrent gog games like all good bellgabbers  ;D

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on November 12, 2016, 07:07:59 PM
just torrent gog games like all good bellgabbers  ;D

lol already know that...i still look daily for things, just can't play them

Dr. MD MD

Good to see the boys were keeping it real this election and didn't give into peer pressure.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MESLuXYWvdM

Roswells, Art

I have some more  seven day trial codes for Black Desert Online. Here are two, help yourself:

120D-D387-76CD-4AE1-8331

4AF6- 09DB-5C90-4895-AEEE

If those are used by the time you read this, PM me for another one. I'll post again when they are all used to let you know.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/code

trostol

Quote from: Roswells, Art on November 14, 2016, 01:32:43 PM
I have some more  seven day trial codes for Black Desert Online. Here are two, help yourself:

120D-D387-76CD-4AE1-8331

4AF6- 09DB-5C90-4895-AEEE

If those are used by the time you read this, PM me for another one. I'll post again when they are all used to let you know.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/shop/code

totally would grab one..but alas no vid card to play it with lol

zeebo

Quote from: Al Capone's Vault on November 12, 2016, 05:42:02 PM
The GOG Fall sale is almost over. Some excellent games, DRM free, super cheap.

Was mad I missed this then I realized I have like 5 games in my account I haven't even downloaded yet.  Same for Steam.  I gotta get outta my New Vegas / Skyrim rut.

analog kid

Quote from: zeebo on November 14, 2016, 09:32:28 PM
Was mad I missed this then I realized I have like 5 games in my account I haven't even downloaded yet.  Same for Steam.  I gotta get outta my New Vegas / Skyrim rut.

I have games on GOG that are too large for me to download through their website, due to my slow internet. But they're there forever, so maybe rural America will get broadband someday.

Steam resumes downloads though. I got Mad Max and have been obsessed with it. It didn't knock the critics' socks off, but it's highly underrated IMO.

trostol

Quote from: Al Capone's Vault on November 15, 2016, 03:41:11 PM
I have games on GOG that are too large for me to download through their website, due to my slow internet. But they're there forever, so maybe rural America will get broadband someday.

Steam resumes downloads though. I got Mad Max and have been obsessed with it. It didn't knock the critics' socks off, but it's highly underrated IMO.

Mad Max was solid..didn't finish it cause i got burned out on the repetitiveness..but it was a damn good game

zeebo

Instead of playing the Skyrim re-release, I'm thinking of loading up an old Morrowind gamesave, and just modding the hell out of it lol.  The gameplay can't match Skyrim but there's something so cool about that world.  I never did finish it but I just feel like exploring it some more. 

analog kid

Quote from: trostol on November 15, 2016, 06:50:13 PM
Mad Max was solid..didn't finish it cause i got burned out on the repetitiveness..but it was a damn good game

Hell yeah, it's awesome.

analog kid

Quote from: zeebo on November 16, 2016, 05:30:21 PM
Instead of playing the Skyrim re-release, I'm thinking of loading up an old Morrowind gamesave, and just modding the hell out of it lol.  The gameplay can't match Skyrim but there's something so cool about that world.  I never did finish it but I just feel like exploring it some more. 

There's a source port for Morrowind. I'm not sure if mods work with it.

https://openmw.org/en

norland2424

im playing mass effect 2 on xbox one since hoagie left a scifi void in our lives  :-\

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on November 16, 2016, 11:54:59 PM
im playing mass effect 2 on xbox one since hoagie left a scifi void in our lives  :-\

just started SR 4 lol

Really want to play Morrowind, waiting for Skywind tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svcEuUIXJw

akwilly

This might be a stupid question but can a Xbox or PlayStation or whatever be played using wifi?

norland2424

Quote from: akwilly on November 17, 2016, 01:11:35 AM
This might be a stupid question but can a Xbox or PlayStation or whatever be played using wifi?

im a little fucked uped right now but what are you asking? lol

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on November 17, 2016, 01:11:35 AM

i believe they both have, wireless connectivity but i am not positive

akwilly

Quote from: norland2424 on November 17, 2016, 01:12:39 AM
im a little fucked uped right now but what are you asking? lol
I too am a bit sauced. I just haven't played a video game at home for a long time but have been thinking about playing some online and didn't know if the were wifi compatable or If I had to plug the bastards into a cable

norland2424

Quote from: akwilly on November 17, 2016, 01:17:20 AM
I too am a bit sauced. I just haven't played a video game at home for a long time but have been thinking about playing some online and didn't know if the were wifi compatable or If I had to plug the bastards into a cable

both xbox 360 and xbox one have wifi built in, and i assume the ps4 does too

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on November 17, 2016, 01:17:20 AM

Are you in the market for a gaming console or do you just want to play some games on your PC?

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on November 16, 2016, 11:54:59 PM

Quote from: trostol on November 17, 2016, 12:55:41 AM
just started SR 4 lol

We're all trying to replace that lost hoagie magic  :(

zeebo

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 17, 2016, 01:03:53 AM
Really want to play Morrowind, waiting for Skywind tho.

That looks cool, I hope it gets released sometime soon.  My dream would be the Morrowind plot, world, RPG complexity combined with the Skyrim graphics and gameplay.  And why not toss in a few Oblivion quests while we're at it.  ;)

akwilly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 17, 2016, 01:25:28 AM
Are you in the market for a gaming console or do you just want to play some games on your PC?
not sure what I want. I just see some of the cool graphics that get posted on this thread and thought I'd like to play some of them. Right now all I've got is a Wii that I play golf and bowling on. My PC is just a MacBook so I would need to upgrade if I went that route

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on November 17, 2016, 01:55:57 AM
not sure what I want. I just see some of the cool graphics that get posted on this thread and thought I'd like to play some of them. Right now all I've got is a Wii that I play golf and bowling on. My PC is just a MacBook so I would need to upgrade if I went that route

Well, there's not as much available for the mac but there's usually some of the bigger games on their app store. Get a PS3 controller (they're bluetooth) and you're golden.

akwilly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 17, 2016, 02:08:50 AM
Well, there's not as much available for the mac but there's usually some of the bigger games on their app store. Get a PS3 controller (they're bluetooth) and you're golden.
will check it out, thanks

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on November 17, 2016, 02:36:12 AM
will check it out, thanks

Since you're also a mac user check this out: http://openemu.org/

It will allow you to emulate almost any video gaming system from the beginning till about the mid to late 90s. Again, having a bluetooth controller (PS3) will help. Most times I need a video game fix this will do. However, it won't provide you access to the current games most are talking about here.

zeebo

Looks like a new Elder Scrolls game isn't coming anytime soon.  Time to load up some new Skyrim mods I guess.  Exec producer at Bethesda:

It's not what you would call a big, active project right now. There are some other ones that we have going. We know it's important to our fans, and we need to be careful about setting expectations.  It's certainly a game that we'll be making one day. I could sit here and explain to you exactly what we want it to be.

http://www.glixel.com/interviews/skyrim-creator-todd-howard-talks-switch-vr-and-elder-scrolls-wait-w451761

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on November 22, 2016, 04:12:02 PM
a new Elder Scrolls game

Is Tamriel Unlimited not to your taste?

zeebo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 22, 2016, 04:15:47 PM
Is Tamriel Unlimited not to your taste?

I actually don't know much about it.  I've avoided multiuser environments in the past, since I generally play games expressly to avoid dealing with others hehe.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone's having fun with it though.