• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Doing these trailers I've listen to a heap of classic shows in the past week or so. I think I'm starting to hear things. It's 12:15am here and I'm sitting in my study by the light of my monitor and I could have sworn I heard one of girls call out "Mum" in a whisper quite loudly from down the hall. I got up to investigate and all three girls were sound asleep. Damn you Art!  :-\

Cwn Annwn

Sounds like you can make your very own EVPs now, Jaz!

Jamal Abanane

Quote from: onan on June 14, 2015, 08:09:17 AM
There is more than enough room for two lebowskis.

Awesome, ty

I may be tad obsessed tho, hehe

Jamal Abanane

Quote from: jazmunda on June 14, 2015, 08:18:13 AM
Doing these trailers I've listen to a heap of classic shows in the past week or so. I think I'm starting to hear things. It's 12:15am here and I'm sitting in my study by the light of my monitor and I could have sworn I heard one of girls call out "Mum" in a whisper quite loudly from down the hall. I got up to investigate and all three girls were sound asleep. Damn you Art!  :-\

Omg, i just pictured the creepy twins from The Shining..."mum...mum...mum...mum..."
Oh, now (in my head) the dude from Mortal Kombat game justed washed the left side of my mental image screen with "Creepy!!!"

LoL

serenity

So, are they after you? Can you see them out of the corner of your eye?...........Time to sleep buddy. Check under the bed first lol

ItsOver

They're after you, Jaz.  You've opened "the door."

jazmunda

1am.  Can't sleep. Clown will eat me.

http://youtu.be/va_GyIHlRfc

serenity

Quote from: jazmunda on June 14, 2015, 09:11:56 AM

You just had to bring clowns into it didn't you? Heck it's 10:30 am here and I got the willies......
Coulrophobiacs of the world unite!

nika01

Anybody hear Hoagland on Howard Hughes recently? Howard tried to question him with listener emails and his Highness wouldn't participate. He was rather a dick about it too. Then Howard asked him about Art returning and again he was a complete ass, referring to the comeback in derogatory terms. Apparently he is going to appear on c2c in July. Coinkydink, I think not. In any event, if I were Art, he would never appear on my show again...ever!
Perhaps I am not being objective because I truly despise Hoagland so listen for yourself.

PathoJen

Quote from: wotr1 on June 14, 2015, 12:06:46 AM
I was trying to decide if we were being too hard on him, and perhaps he was not really that bad.  Then I went and read random pages from the thread dedicated to that show.  Nope, he sucked.

Perhaps if he were not so arrogant and just admitted that he was a "new" member rather than telling us that he had been around forever.  I would not want them to think that your audience is intolerant of bringing in some new blood (after all, some of them are getting on in age and, I believe that their health is not quite what it was.  It would be great to know that there is a plan for continuing to investigate this stuff.)  Just don't bring in a self-promoting jackass...
That's what it was, he was arrogant, and a big fat know it all. The whole time he was talking over soft spoken Brendon, I was thinking, "who the hell is this guy?". He is a shameless self promoter. Like I said in previous posts, he's an aspiring actor, and I think he wormed his way into this unsuspecting group of non-profit ghost investigators, in hopes to make their work into a TV reality show.

eddie dean

Quote from: jazmunda on June 14, 2015, 09:11:56 AM

Try counting sheep Jaz. Here is a picture for reference:

PathoJen

Quote from: wotr1 on June 14, 2015, 12:06:46 AM
after all, some of them are getting on in age and, I believe that their health is not quite what it was.
Do you remember when Brendon made some comment concerning Barbara, something along the lines of "no longer being with us".., My heart sank, I thought he was saying she had died. Then he clarified that she isn't on as many investigations as she used to be on.

Barbara is great. So many great moments with her. I love how tickled she was when Art asked if she and Brendon were a couple, way back when they were new to C2C.

ziznak

Quote from: nika01 on June 14, 2015, 09:33:58 AM
Anybody hear Hoagland on Howard Hughes recently? Howard tried to question him with listener emails and his Highness wouldn't participate. He was rather a dick about it too. Then Howard asked him about Art returning and again he was a complete ass, referring to the comeback in derogatory terms. Apparently he is going to appear on c2c in July. Coinkydink, I think not. In any event, if I were Art, he would never appear on my show again...ever!
Perhaps I am not being objective because I truly despise Hoagland so listen for yourself.

hoaxland just needs to be banned from any and all attention.  He should just be shunned out of existence!  Don't even whisper his NAME!

nika01

Quote from: ziznak on June 14, 2015, 10:52:56 AM
hoaxland just needs to be banned from any and all attention.  He should just be shunned out of existence!  Don't even whisper his NAME!

I listen to him out of sheer fascination as to how long he can talk without actually saying anything of substance, yet appearing to be pertinent all along. In the end, I wish I had not wasted my time, but this thing with Howard Hughes was just so over the top, it cemented in my mind what an asshole Hoagland really is.

chefist

I think I remember reading an article a few years back that also questioned Hoaglands academic and professional credentials...seems he's embelished quite a bit over the years!

I hope he joins here. There's an avatar waiting for him....

Did The Math

Actually, I don't mind him. He's a trip, and it's a kick when Art doesn't *see* one of Hoagy's irrefutable proofs of Martian relics.

Cwn Annwn

Most people embellish a bit about their backgrounds. As long as he didn't tell outright lies, it's no big deal. I find him entertaining, at least, and he seems like a fairly intelligent guy. I'm glad he is a bit unhinged. It's boring to listen to "rational" level-headed people all of the time. Of Art's past guests, it would be between Hoagland and Malachi Martin for the "Guy I'd Most Like to Have A Drink or Five With" award.

MAX

Quote from: Canned Heat on June 14, 2015, 12:07:01 AM
I remember that show.  I don't remember what Chunga did though.  I mainly remember the guests were nice and the evp stuff was as creepy as usual. 

I'd love to see a lot of shows on 8 things in particular.  I'd never get tired of these subjects and with You as the host, well it's divine just imagining it.

Spirit boards
Séances
Dante Alighieri - with preferably a guest who is a gay theologist
Hitler and his association with the occult (I think I remember something like this with George Knapp
Sleep paralysis
411 Missing of course!  You and David Paulids.  Too exciting!
And
Cats
Oh, and Shark attacks.  I swam for years wearing lots of silver/leather bracelets, etc., silver rings, etc., and a good thing black bikinis.  It's the shiny jewelry and 'colored swimwear' they love.  They'll get you in that garb!

what ? Black bikinis? Pictures please...

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: ItsOver on June 14, 2015, 09:03:41 AM
They're after you, Jaz.  You've opened "the door."

Guess who's looking?

serenity

Quote from: chefist on June 14, 2015, 11:46:43 AM
I think I remember reading an article a few years back that also questioned Hoaglands academic and professional credentials...seems he's embelished quite a bit over the years!

I am of two minds. But then again, why waste a good meme?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Cwn Annwn on June 14, 2015, 12:01:45 PM
Most people embellish a bit about their backgrounds. As long as he didn't tell outright lies, it's no big deal. I find him entertaining, at least, and he seems like a fairly intelligent guy. I'm glad he is a bit unhinged. It's boring to listen to "rational" level-headed people all of the time. Of Art's past guests, it would be between Hoagland and Malachi Martin for the "Guy I'd Most Like to Have A Drink or Five With" award.

Do you mean Hoagland?  I see....Look at EXPAT's blog and the collected works of Astroguy. You might/will change your mind.

Lilith

My audition for an interview with Art Bell................... ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxp2UN2iwzE

Reported / Off Topic
Comments Welcome

ItsOver

I take Hoagie for what he is.  An entertaining crackpot.

nika01

Quote from: ItsOver on June 14, 2015, 12:17:06 PM
I take Hoagie for what he is.  An entertaining crackpot.

Listen to the Hughes interview, it will delete entertaining from the equation and substitute expletive of your choice

Cwn Annwn

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 14, 2015, 12:07:34 PM

Do you mean Hoagland?  I see....Look at EXPAT's blog and the collected works of Astroguy. You might/will change your mind.

Nothing unexpected in there. I'm more disturbed by a guy who runs a blog like this.

CornyCrow

Quote from: PathoJen on June 14, 2015, 09:34:13 AM
That's what it was, he was arrogant, and a big fat know it all. The whole time he was talking over soft spoken Brendon, I was thinking, "who the hell is this guy?". He is a shameless self promoter. Like I said in previous posts, he's an aspiring actor, and I think he wormed his way into this unsuspecting group of non-profit ghost investigators, in hopes to make their work into a TV reality show.
Hoagland is full of himself.  Art may have a problem with guests because people go where they'll get the largest exposure.  We, his audience, must be patient with the initial roundup of guests because it takes time to build a reputation and an audience again.  These are shark infested waters in which we're swimming.

RoseGirl

Whenever Hoagland is on I always time how long he can go without actually saying anything. He's closing in on 3 minutes now.

Next time he is on I think we should all take bets on his longest....at least it would be something to listen for.

Was that mean?

lol

CornyCrow

I know how you feel, but it's just business - the 'What's in it for me?', or 'What have you done for me lately?' syndrome.  If folks get the impression that this is a battle, they will probably take sides with the guy who has the larger audience.

Hey, I listen for entertainment purposes. I am aware that some guests are just schilling a product, some are telling a truth, and some are probably mad.  This is a stinky thing for Hoag to do, but I'd always leave the door opened.  It's not easy to get an interesting guest on each day of the week.  I don't mind branching out into topics that are not my favourite.  I just don't like it when the guest is an obvious huckster.  I have heard infomercials on supplement sales that were more interesting than that guy who Dave has on monthly.

Art Bell

Ok I heard the Hughes show, no problem. You have to understand Richard, he has a passion for what he does and agree or disagree with him I have a lot of respect for that, everything else to him is simply not relevant, I get it.

Art