• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: brig on June 10, 2016, 09:34:17 PM
I'm probably going to take a beating for saying this, but ...  I'm not anti-immigrant, but I AM anti-slave labor... Globally.

But but but we need the slaves to do the jobs that non-slaves won't do.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 10, 2016, 09:41:13 PM

Herpes sores removal?  ???

Lilith

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 10, 2016, 09:41:13 PM

I said NO!  :P

Zenman

I vote for a maximum limit on political discussion.

And bee puns.   ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on June 10, 2016, 09:45:04 PM

And bee puns.   ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to drone on. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: Zenman on June 10, 2016, 09:45:04 PM

And bee puns.   ;)

Whatever you say honey.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on June 10, 2016, 09:49:02 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to drone on.
Oh, you wax clever, Zeebo.  Now go comb your fur.

Lilith

I DO try to make the YouTube Movie viewings on Sat night, but I won't be able to be there tomorrow night. JohnBWells is having his first live broadcast on KLIF tomorrow night with callers and chat room.  I just can't miss it.  Please forgive me (Amy).

Dr. MD MD

Great show, Amy!  :)

I just ate some Vitamin C gummies and they were delicious!  :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn2ux5vRHk

Zenman

Great show. I can only think of really really lame bee puns at the moment, so I'll spare you.   ;D

Have a great weekend! See you at the Double Feature!   :D

ETA: Bee there!   :P

Lilith

I had fun!  Thank You everyone!!!  :-*

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 10, 2016, 09:44:34 PM
We're building a wall to keep them in.
Ron Paul for years has mentioned that many, if not most, 'walls' in history have been, or ended up being, that. I recall an early Alex Jones ranting on my local access tv wondering why our local elementary schools had barbed wire fence tops....facing in!! It does cause pause, considering how stadiums were used in the past in South America etc.

( Amy )

Thanks so much for tuning in tonight.

I'm going to get cool now.

Seriously though... if anybody has suggestions for a quiet portable AC unit, I'd appreciate it.

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on June 10, 2016, 09:57:20 PM
Ron Paul for years has mentioned that many, if not most, 'walls' in history have been, or ended up being, that. I recall an early Alex Jones ranting on my local access tv wondering why our local elementary schools had barbed wire fence tops....facing in!! It does cause pause, considering how stadiums were used in the past in South America etc.

I was raised doing seasonal farm labor. Until robotics advance to the point where they can harvest every grape cluster, head of lettuce, and weed every field, there's no way the slaves are getting let go.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 10, 2016, 10:05:38 PM
I was raised doing seasonal farm labor. Until robotics advance to the point where they can harvest every grape cluster, head of lettuce, and weed every field, there's no way the slaves are getting let go.
Yeah, even "white kids" used to do some of that stuff. It will happen, especially with hydroponics, more GMO and 'improvements' in plants (and livestock,) and better robotics though at some point. Maybe? Assuming some advances in tech, some capital investment when the system breaks by the social costs of slave labor, etc. I'm not saying that is a good thing though. Also not saying that those jobs don't have value but shouldn't be overly exploited but, -hey here is an almost neo-Marxist thought- there is also something to be said for hard work at early ages. You learn grit and shit, I'm going to study, organize, work harder, move, or whatever so I'm not doing this 20 years from now. Or, even more oddly, be sick of the other stuff and later want to build, dig, and plant my own stuff! But it should be a choice and not exploited as it is or the only choice for one's career. Slavery ends up killing the people (or at least hurting,) in the future, the societies that do it. Not bring race into it. But, imagine, if the US never had slavery or indentured servants or prison labor. In the final analysis? Less crime, division, no "Civil" war, etc.

Zenman

Saturday Night Double Feature & Chat   9PM  PT

https://streamup.com/scotch2gmail

WOTR

I missed another week... and I will miss most of next week.

For any classical music lovers out there who have heard "flight of the bumble bee", but not "flight of the tuba bee", I present the Canadian brass.  Not often that you find a tuba player this nimble.  They were (are?) a group with a bit of a sense of humour- watch to the end to see the "help" the tuba player receives...

***I wonder what ever happened to my old "the essential Canadian brass" CD?***

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5YqXjsJAI0

Zenman

That's the best tuba rendition of that song that I've heard.   :)

73s

What's on tap for this evening?

starrmtn001

I'll be listening Amy!  ;)

( Amy )

Hey guys and gals.

I'm going to be running about 30 mins late this evening.

Was out all afternoon. Our guest will be Billy Roan, a friend and former bandmate.

Show will start at around 8:30 PM Central.

http://amyontheradio.com/2016/06/14/monday-june-13th-billy-roan/