• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on June 10, 2016, 07:44:40 PM
Speaking of receipts, I liked the idea that we'd get a fully itemized receipt of how all of our taxes were spent each year.  So it would show you exactly what dollar amt. your putting towards different programs etc.  Seems only fair, the IRS makes us calculate all this stuff, why can't wet get a receipt back?

Yes!  With gigantic refund checks if they give us a receipt with false info.

73s

Speaking of receipts, I liked the idea that we'd get a fully itemized receipt of how all of our taxes were spent each year.  So it would show you exactly what dollar amt. your putting towards different programs etc.  Seems only fair, the IRS makes us calculate all this stuff, why can't wet get a receipt back?

I've had this same idea or versions of it. Also have things like war bonds that people could buy to directly pay for specific projects in their area or nationwide, sort of a voluntary tax.

Zenman

So you're in favor of insurrection, zeeb?    ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on June 10, 2016, 07:47:34 PM
So you're in favor of insurrection, zeeb?    ;)

That's probably what it amounts to, asking for a smidgen of accountability.  :D

zeebo

Quote from: brig on June 10, 2016, 07:47:19 PM

Yes think of something like the nat'l debt, my personal pet peeve.  Imagine if you could see you just spent hundreds of dollars on interest of the natl debt which is pure waste.  Might change a few minds about having a real budget etc.  As it is now, it's all abstract, it's just a big slushy gov't pot that all our taxes seem to go into.

chinaclipper

my state does this and it is pretty discouraging.

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on June 10, 2016, 07:50:11 PM
That's probably what it amounts to, asking for a smidgen of accountability.  :D

I'm thinking that the masses probably can't handle finding out how large a portion of their taxes goes toward such things as studing air sickness in chickens.

starrmtn001

Quote from: brig on June 10, 2016, 07:47:19 PM
Hey Brig, glad to see you here! :-*

Lilith

Sell them to a bee farmer Gravity.

starrmtn001

Good evening 73s, Zenman, Zeebo, and ChinaClipper!

I_Speculate

Who's highly erotic voice am i currently listening to on Deep Talk? Is that Amy?

zeebo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 10, 2016, 08:02:21 PM

Hey star, watch out for bees & flying chickens.

PrairieGhost

I'm going to look tomorrow to see if there's another company that offers the data line for free. Don't like that Audionow has already went out once.

73s

Sorry to hear about the bees Grav.  I knew someone who had to have large areas of their house torn up to remove hives and honey, huge mess! And they came back a few years later. 🐝🐝

73s

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 10, 2016, 08:02:21 PM

Hi Starr! Just about to check out, early morning tomorrow.

starrmtn001

Just bee careful Gravity. ::)

TigerLily

Hi everyone. Wow. Really nice turn out tonight at my new favorite hang out. Just popped in to wish everyone a nice evening and weekend.

Amy. You go, girl!

starrmtn001

Quote from: 73s on June 10, 2016, 08:04:29 PM
Hi Starr! Just about to check out, early morning tomorrow.
Have a good evening then, and a great day tomorrow 73s.

chinaclipper

hay starr...you feeling a lil better?

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on June 10, 2016, 08:03:16 PM
Hey star, watch out for bees & flying chickens.

Airsick flying chickens!

Dr. MD MD

Grav! I just got here.  :D

zeebo

This topic of sci-fi sociology/ethics reminds me of this cool special I saw on Discovery or maybe Science channel ... called 'Evacuate Earth'.  Several experts discussed how you'd put together a space-ark to save humanity, how it would be organized, who'd go, etc.   Was fascinating but also disturbing how much they'd throught through the big questions.

Lilith

Gravity made some doozies?  Say it isn't so!  I can't believe it!

starrmtn001

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 10, 2016, 08:06:56 PM
hay starr...you feeling a lil better?
Right now, yes, except for a little flatulence.  Just a little side effect from yesterday when I grabbed the Prep-H instead of the Poly Grip. :o

Zenman

Quote from: TigerLily on June 10, 2016, 08:05:29 PM
Hi everyone. Wow. Really nice turn out tonight at my new favorite hang out. Just popped in to wish everyone a nice evening and weekend.

Amy. You go, girl!

Hola TL

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on June 10, 2016, 08:05:29 PM

Amy. You go, girl!
Hi Sister TigerLily!

starrmtn001

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 10, 2016, 08:09:36 PM
Grav! I just got here.  :D
Hey dude!  What's up Doc?  Heh heh, sorry, couldn't help it. ;D